April 26, 2024, 03:31:48 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tamale Vendor Cosme Gonzalez Found Shot to Death  (Read 3328 times)
oldiebutgoodie
Monkey Junky Jr.

« on: March 01, 2009, 03:59:15 PM »

This story is just so sad. This family man leaves behind a wife and three children who relied on him for their survival and for his strength and love. He was a good and kind man and well-regarded in the community. People built their days around the timing of his tamale business as he moved from location to location, starting first with children getting ready for school. He fed them, and anyone else, whether or not they had the money to pay. One of the poor and hungry people he helped said, "He would even give you two tamales!"

Then someone approached Mr. Gonzalez on Friday morning and demanded money. Either Mr. Gonzalez refused or he didn't act fast enough because the robber shot him. Mr. Gonzalez collapsed to the sidewalk where he cried out for help but it was too late.

It is a real shame that a man trying to privide for his family and do acts of kindness and compassion in his community should have his life ended in this way. It sounds like he truly was one of the good guys.

READ THE STORY HERE

BETH HOLLOWAY: "We will not let this go until we take Natalee home. It will never end."
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2011, 01:04:03 PM »

Cops say Werner Francisco shot Cosme multiple times when he refused to be extorted by gangs.

“Cosme was confronted by Werner Francisco, and we believe demands were made for money,” Detective Jeff Cortina said. “When Cosme turned to run, Francisco pulled a gun and shot the tamalero multiple times in the back.  He died at the hospital.”

In a neighborhood where residents are often reluctant to talk to the police, the murder of the beloved tamalero was too much to take. Citizens immediately fingered Werner Francisco as the shooter, and he was charged with murder and attempted robbery.

Francisco was well-known to the gang unit. In the year leading up to Cosme’s murder, they had several run-ins with Francisco on the street and saw his gang moniker, "Blue", tagged on walls around the area. Unlike most of the gangbangers in the area, who typically don't carry guns in fear of being arrested on a gun charge, cops say Francisco was known to always packing heat and not worry about the consequences.

Police believe Werner Francisco is originally from Guatemala and may have fled back there, or he could be hiding out under the protection of his Rockwood gang associates in Los Angeles.

snipped..........
http://www.amw.com/fugitives/case.cfm?id=77280

"America's Most Wanted" Werner Francisco (2011)
http://www.imdb.es/title/tt1874891/

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.