March 28, 2024, 06:48:49 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony #113 3/04/09 - 3/06/09  (Read 343560 times)
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #520 on: March 05, 2009, 10:37:03 AM »

Hmmm, so what could this defense we have never heard before be??? We've already heard -- nanny, "if" it were accidental overdose, blame Jesse, Amy, etc.

So what have we NOT heard form the defense -- IMO someone in the Anthony family will get thrown under the Casey bus o' terror.

What do you monkeys think?
I'll tell you what I think, first I believe with all my heart Casey killed Caylee, but my cynical side, who has seen my fair share of justice not prevailing am scared. Between this and Haleigh's case this morning I'm not thinking very straight because I'm so upset, so all I can say is I hope there is justice, but whatever happens there has to be a reason for it, that's the only thing that gets me through.
Monken
Monkey Junky

« Reply #521 on: March 05, 2009, 10:37:24 AM »

Haleigh's story is fading after three weeks, but the Anthony saga has remained in the headlines for almost eight months.

The contrast between the tents and trailer in Satsuma where Haleigh's family pleaded for her return and the Anthonys' suburban home points to one of the reasons Haleigh's story is fading from the headlines, said Roy Peter Clark, senior scholar at the Poynter Institute.

"I think the greatest difference between the Caylee story and the Haleigh story is social class," said Clark, whose institute is a school for journalists in St. Petersburg. "I don'tbelieve that working-class Americans get a very fair shake in the news media in general."

Only a handful of reporters remain in this isolated community north of the Ocala National Forest — even though investigators said Haleigh was abducted and they think she is alive.

Expect more coverage in the months leading up to October's trial for Caylee's 22-year-old mother, Casey Anthony, who is accused of killing her daughter.

"Any missing child is a tragedy and a cause for great alarm and concern," said Bob Jordan, news director for WFTV-Channel 9. "Every one of those kids is news, but that does not translate into equal news interest."

My response to this is: WTF????!!!! The Anthony's are working class; I haven't seen any of them cruising around in a beemer and George & casey took care of any money that Cindy had saved up. They live in an average home in an average neighborhood, so, WTF??? I believe the interest lies in this case with Casey. Everyone knew from the beginning that she murdered her child! And she is such a blatant pathological lier, people just can't get over how she can do the things she does! It's infuriating & you just want to slap hell out of her. In the Hayleigh case, noone really knows who took her, & most believe the parents are involved with drugs & that led to some type of revenge.
I don't believe there is a sociopathic personality involved. People are drawn to cases for different reasons, but I don't believe it has anything to do with class. jmo!

"Things are not always what they seem; the first appearance deceives many; the intelligence of a few perceives what has been carefully hidden."
Phaedrus
Dolce
Monkey All Star

Del senno di poi ne son piene le fosse...

« Reply #522 on: March 05, 2009, 10:38:04 AM »

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/caylee-anthony/orl-asec-caylee-anthony-haleigh-cummings-030509,0,5058660.story

Caylee Anthony, Haleigh Cummings: Cases' key similarities, differences
Eight months later, Caylee Anthony and Casey Anthony remain squarely in the spotlight. Yet only a few weeks after Haleigh Cummings disappeared, interest in her case is dwindling.
Helen Eckinger | Sentinel Staff Writer
March 5, 2009
The day everyone said goodbye to Caylee Marie Anthony, the world learned about another missing little girl.

So TV trucks rolled from the 2-year-old's memorial in Orlando to a double-wide trailer about 80 miles away in Putnam County — the place where 5-year-old Haleigh Cummings was last seen alive.

"It was deja vu all over again," said Bob Longo, news director for WESH-Channel 2.

During the following days, the pack of satellite trucks parked near Haleigh Cummings' home in tiny Satsuma rivaled the media turnout after Caylee's remains were found in December near her home in east Orange County.
Authorities talk about search for Haleigh Cummings Video
911 call in Haleigh Cummings case Audio
Missing Children -- Resources, Tips for Parents
Search: Missing children database But soon, reporters on the latest missing-little-girl story began leaving Satsuma.

It wasn't deja vu after all.

Haleigh's story is fading after three weeks, but the Anthony saga has remained in the headlines for almost eight months.

The contrast between the tents and trailer in Satsuma where Haleigh's family pleaded for her return and the Anthonys' suburban home points to one of the reasons Haleigh's story is fading from the headlines, said Roy Peter Clark, senior scholar at the Poynter Institute.

"I think the greatest difference between the Caylee story and the Haleigh story is social class," said Clark, whose institute is a school for journalists in St. Petersburg. "I don't believe that working-class Americans get a very fair shake in the news media in general."

Only a handful of reporters remain in this isolated community north of the Ocala National Forest — even though investigators said Haleigh was abducted and they think she is alive.

Expect more coverage in the months leading up to October's trial for Caylee's 22-year-old mother, Casey Anthony, who is accused of killing her daughter.

"Any missing child is a tragedy and a cause for great alarm and concern," said Bob Jordan, news director for WFTV-Channel 9. "Every one of those kids is news, but that does not translate into equal news interest."

Strange twists stand out
The Anthony case has all the elements and more of the kind of stories guaranteed to draw an audience: sex, crime and general interest, said Paul Lachelier, an assistant professor of sociology at Stetson University.

Photos of a scantily clad Casey Anthony, reports about her romantic life and the stories she told about a nanny who abducted her daughter — a story investigators don't believe — are drawing readers.

So are other details, including the serious charges against the young mother, frequent courtroom battles and the behavior of her parents, George and Cindy Anthony.

The photos and videos of Caylee also captivate viewers.

The case also has provided bizarre twists and turns, beginning when Casey Anthony was arrested after claiming Caylee had been missing for 30days.

"When she was questioned about that, her effect was so flat and unemotional that it called our human experience into question," veteran Orlando defense attorney Cheney Mason said.

Then, Mason said, a "circus" ensued: California bounty hunter Leonard Padilla injected himself into the situation. Casey Anthony was in and out of jail. Protesters routinely amassed outside the Anthony home demanding justice.

"There is constant fuel for the fire," Mason said.

The Haleigh case hasn't offered as many twists and turns. News crews scrambled recently after cadaver dogs hit on a scent in a dumpster. But the container was searched and nothing was found.

Most media coverage of Haleigh's disappearance has revolved around her family's pleas for her safe return.

Fewer leaks, less to say
Law enforcement has released little information about its investigation into Haleigh's disappearance, unlike the Caylee case, which was marked by frequent news conferences and leaks from insiders.

"The return of Haleigh is the most important thing, but we also have a crime involved somewhere with her disappearance," Capt. Dick Schauland of the Putnam County Sheriff's Office said.

"We're trying not to jeopardize the criminal investigation or possible future prosecution."

For Orlando media, coverage also has been hampered because Satsuma is far away — a two-hour drive for some — and because Putnam County isn't considered part of its market.

Jordan, WFTV's news director, and Steve Hyvonen, news director for WKMG-Channel 6, had different opinions about the Anthony case: Hyvonen said that the story continues to generate strong ratings and that WKMG viewers are clamoring for more coverage, while Jordan said his station is no longer seeing the rating spikes that occurred early on in the case, and that he thinks viewers might be getting sick of the story.

The directors said their stations have received little viewer feedback about the Haleigh story.

"We have been up there just because it's such a significant story," Hyvonen said.

"But as each day goes by without a new development, it get a little lower as far as where it plays in the newscast."
Ok this infuriates me!!!  THIS is the social class discrepancies they want to talk about???  Are you kidding me!  As if I could not get any more angry today I think I just topped my limit.  Hello you dumbf*cks!  Adji Desir received the short end of the stick in much of this!  Haleigh has received quite a bit of attention, and for it to last the 3 weeks that it has, WOW, Adji received all of a half week!!
Media today makes me want to puke!!!!!!  Our society is so caught up with this bullsh*t, um HELLO MISSING CHILDREN!!!! 
I am disgusted!!

CasuallyCool
Monkey Junky

What a beauty!!!

« Reply #523 on: March 05, 2009, 10:38:07 AM »

cc, can you do that magic you do with the pic below???

Starring Mr. Jose Butfuz and What's-his-Face-Aluso ...

Please????

Not really sure what you mean. 

Do No Evil 
goodnmad
Monkey All Star Jr.

Good grief! It's Charlie Brown.

« Reply #524 on: March 05, 2009, 10:39:37 AM »

ok, wish they'd make up their mind already, DP or not? I heard something different yesterday. 

http://www.wftv.com/news/18855221/detail.html#-

Casey Anthony Could Still Face Death Penalty

Posted: 4:48 pm EST March 4, 2009
Updated: 5:44 pm EST March 4, 2009
ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. -- Now that a date has been set for Casey Anthony's first-degree murder trial, could she still face the death penalty?

A decision has not yet been made, but she still could face the death penalty. The decision won't be made until all the evidence is back and it isn't yet.

I remember you, Caylee.
goodnmad
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #525 on: March 05, 2009, 10:40:34 AM »

Please????

Was asking you to put Bozo and new attorney's face onto Jim Carrey's and Jeff Daniel's bodies. 

I remember you, Caylee.
Lovinlife
Monkey Junky

« Reply #526 on: March 05, 2009, 10:40:46 AM »

It's been quiet today, too quiet (the press).  Anyone think they'll be releasing the documents during the noon news? 

Truth is always the strongest argument. --- Sophocles

Lighting a candle for a boy who needs a lot of love:
http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=jal 
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #527 on: March 05, 2009, 10:41:01 AM »

Thanks Tony for putting Lee's depo out there for us to read.
Tater
Monkey Junky

« Reply #528 on: March 05, 2009, 10:41:22 AM »

"I think the greatest difference between the Caylee story and the Haleigh story is social class," said Clark, whose institute is a school for journalists in St. Petersburg. "I don'tbelieve that working-class Americans get a very fair shake in the news media in general."

My response to this is: WTF????!!!! The Anthony's are working class; I haven't seen any of them cruising around in a beemer and George & casey took care of any money that Cindy had saved up. They live in an average home in an average neighborhood, so, WTF??? I believe the interest lies in this case with Casey. Everyone knew from the beginning that she murdered her child! And she is such a blatant pathological lier, people just can't get over how she can do the things she does! It's infuriating & you just want to slap hell out of her. In the Hayleigh case, noone really knows who took her, & most believe the parents are involved with drugs & that led to some type of revenge.
I don't believe there is a sociopathic personality involved. People are drawn to cases for different reasons, but I don't believe it has anything to do with class. jmo!

Momken?What's a Beemer?

Proverbs 3:5
  Trust in the LORD with all thine heart;
         and lean not unto thine own understanding.
Dolce
Monkey All Star

Del senno di poi ne son piene le fosse...

« Reply #529 on: March 05, 2009, 10:41:30 AM »

Casey needs to keep her bum in jail, if they let her out I swear someone will kill her before I get my chance to....now THAT would not be fair!

goodnmad
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #530 on: March 05, 2009, 10:43:15 AM »

ITA Dolce ... it's not only missing kids but also other cases such as missing pregnant women. You'll prob remember this issue coming up RE: Lacey Peterson and a pregnant black woman who was missing around the same time. See, I don't even remember her name. That's sad to admit but true.

I remember you, Caylee.
goodnmad
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #531 on: March 05, 2009, 10:44:45 AM »

Tater -- It's a BMW. 

and here is your love for this morning  

I remember you, Caylee.
Monken
Monkey Junky

« Reply #532 on: March 05, 2009, 10:45:25 AM »

Momken?What's a Beemer?

It's a BMW, sorry! 

"Things are not always what they seem; the first appearance deceives many; the intelligence of a few perceives what has been carefully hidden."
Phaedrus
Tater
Monkey Junky

« Reply #533 on: March 05, 2009, 10:46:34 AM »

Tater -- It's a BMW. 

Oh thankyou Dearheart!!!! I really didn't know what the heck it was,lol..I'm old,what can I say?Thanks for the love and right back at ya my friend!

Sea Searcher
Monkey Junky

January 8th, 1935 On this day, a King was born !

« Reply #534 on: March 05, 2009, 10:47:12 AM »

- George of Hopespring Drive

George, George
George of Hopespring Drive,
Strong as he can be.
(Ahhhhhhhh)
Watch out for Casey.

George, George,
Lives a life that's free.
(Ahhhhhhhh)
Watch out for Casey.

When he gets in a mess,
he needs to confess
with the help of his friend,
who wears a dress.
Then away he'll schlep
taking baby steps
While Cindy and Lee
Stay in step.

Well....George, George
Friend to nobody.

Watch out for Casey.

That was very good CC...I was wondering when "that" George would be referenced to in here....(((applause)))

We will never be able to make a woman want her child. But we as a society could make a safe haven for those children in that situation. Let not one more child die from lack of wanting... We could call it the Caylee House.
Monken
Monkey Junky

« Reply #535 on: March 05, 2009, 10:48:32 AM »

Tater -- It's a BMW. 

Bless your little heart, Tater here's some love from me too! 

Phaedrus
Tater
Monkey Junky

« Reply #536 on: March 05, 2009, 10:49:37 AM »

Casey needs to keep her bum in jail, if they let her out I swear someone will kill her before I get my chance to....now THAT would not be fair!

I don't think she has a chance of getting out Dolce for that very reason if for none other...Where could she go and feel safe? Way to many people would be gunning for her and many of them know way to much about her....

theboyzmom
Monkey Junky

Brandi is making sure I get around!

« Reply #537 on: March 05, 2009, 10:49:55 AM »

~Snipped~

Could be - but I thought ZG's lawsuit is only for $15,000.    Maybe I'm wrong???    ZG deserves more, imo.

I dunno law but, I believe the $15,000, is a starting point, so the case will be heard in the right court.  The jury awards funds for all damages.  Therefore, the $15,000 is a starting point.  Yes, I agree.  It is way too little compared to having her and her childrens lives messed up.  ~smiles~ IMHO 

A.
[/quote]

Yep - it is what is called a jurisdictional statement - basically saying that there is enough money in dispute to warrant that court hearing it.

We can never be sure that the opinion we are endeavoring to stifle is a false opinion; and if we were sure, stifling it would be an evil still. - John Stuart Mill On Liberty, 1859
- George Bernard Shaw
Tater
Monkey Junky

« Reply #538 on: March 05, 2009, 10:50:52 AM »

Tater -- It's a BMW. 

Bless your little heart, Tater here's some love from me too! 

Thankyou Monken..Right back at you too!!!!

CasuallyCool
Monkey Junky

What a beauty!!!

« Reply #539 on: March 05, 2009, 10:53:24 AM »

Please????

Was asking you to put Bozo and new attorney's face onto Jim Carrey's and Jeff Daniel's bodies. 

Don't know how to do that.  I know some other clever monkey can, sorry.

Do No Evil 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.