April 19, 2024, 08:19:27 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Haleigh Cummings #4 3/04/09 - 3/08/09  (Read 296848 times)
FIREYONE
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1160 on: March 06, 2009, 07:01:22 PM »

don't believe all the gossip that is going around..

this isn't feeling right to me...to be dissing this father of a missing child so badly when NONE of us knows if any of this stuff is true...maybe he doesn't act right, maybe he doesn't speak right, maybe he does things that the rest of us wouldn't do, me included...but really, are we getting a bit carried away with doing this to this father? how are we all going to feel when it is proven that he didn't have anything to do with her disappearance? Now, I sure don't mind getting on  a parents case when we have cold hard facts to back up our feelings of their guilt...such as all the stuff about Casey Anthony...but we don't have any of this on Ron, Crystal or anyone involved  for that matter...None of these people have clean hands but doesn't mean that they did anything bad to Haleigh...
Maybe it is just me, but I am feeling really not right about some of the stuff that is being said...call me crazy..ok, throw the nanners at me now....

I'm sure we'd all rather have facts rather than speculation....and we have some

Haleigh disappeared while in his custody
He has a record of Domestic Violence and drug charges
He goes and get a tattoo and is telling camera man "get out of my face"......hmmm, I'd be willing to bet Adji's parent would love the media in their face.
We know there are many inconsistencies in Misty, Ron and TN's stories

I wish we had more, but sadly we are left to speculate, but I'd NEVER throw a nanner at ya, we all have our own gut instincts about these issues and there is nothing wrong with that.

He asked the camera guy to get out of his face when the camera guy asked him about if he and Crystal were getting along after the GR interview IIRC

Sometimes life is a bowl of cereal without the cherries and sometimes it's like an ice cream with lots and lots of chocolate sauce
Today
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1161 on: March 06, 2009, 07:01:22 PM »

There have been many rewards, including one with a time limit.   I would think if this was about money or retaliation then there would be a nibble at the reward.  Rob, would love to hear your opinion about the rewards.
mizjay
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1162 on: March 06, 2009, 07:02:40 PM »

Again, I think Rob is right on. I think what makes this so hard to believe is this: As an adult responsible for small children - you do everything you can to protect them. In spite of that - someone comes into your home in the middle of the night and snatches your child right out of their bed. Not only that - their bed is in the same room with you. How much more could you possibly do? You could tie them to you by the ankles but seriously!

So what this does is makes us question our ability to keep our children safe. My kids sleep in a different room, other end of the house or different floor. Now I think, am I doing enough? Its just too much to wrap our heads around sometimes.

Now I'm rational enough to realize that this is a very random and rare event. BUT IT HAPPENED. It happened to Elizabeth Smart - and her parents weren't living on the margins. It could happen whether you have a spotty history with LE and are just growing up enough to start getting your act together. Or, it could happen in one of the safest communities in the world to parents who have everything and do most things right. Ay yi yi

It is mind boggling and scarey that all the safeguards in the world aren't enough sometimes. A predator is hellbent on committing his/her horrible act and will and can overcome any obstacle.  As it's been documented, this small area has an incredible amount of SO's right in their midst, so it's like a fox in the henhoude situation in my mind. It wasn't IF this could happen, it was WHEN would it happen.  JMO
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1163 on: March 06, 2009, 07:03:52 PM »

Could I interrupt and ask, where are you guys finding the pictures of inside R's home?

OH ... and I will NEVER take Oxycodone again!  Tried it today for pain, and had a HORRIBLE reaction!  UGH!

You are not interrupting!

Pics here:
http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/breaking/news-article.aspx?storyid=133019&catid=17

Video here:
http://www.firstcoastnews.com/video/default.aspx?maven_playerId=sect_amberalerts&maven_referralObject=1054783688

alagary
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1164 on: March 06, 2009, 07:04:26 PM »

Now that there are more folks here I ask again ."where is the big door lock ? "
peanut
Monkey Junky

I can spell, I just can't type.

« Reply #1165 on: March 06, 2009, 07:06:20 PM »

OOPS - I forgot to make my point. hahaha

My point was - instead of believing the unbelievable - a stranger pederass snake came in and took Haleigh right out from under their noses.... we naturally want to turn it into something that wouldn't happen to us because we don't live the lifestyle they do. We want to believe it was something the family did to themselves. The alternative is to question our ability to ever keep our kids safe. Nobody wants to think that.

its human nature tho, isnt it? noone wants to see the face of evil in any part of themselves, and sadly that works against us and makes us all the more vulnerable, when it can be just about anyone.

Justice is truth in action - Benjamin Disraeli
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1166 on: March 06, 2009, 07:07:09 PM »

Ok, let's try this -

During the Caylee Anthony case I made the point that the whole entire media extravaganza was mainly due to all the lying. I mean, Caylee was a very very adorable child that I made the point that I would have loved to adopt her.. I really would have loved and cherished her. But other than a toddler and looking cute and adorable - what made her case stand out? Drama and lying and a cast of dirtbags.

See, there are 5 kids a day killed by their parents in America every single day - as horrible as that stat really is.

Now with Haleigh's case - what fuels it? I mean to me there is not any or much lying (once you take out the stealth posters)... in reality - this is juss another case. It's always sad when a child is missing - so please don't misconstrue my thoughts or this post - but what is fueling this case and it's interest?

For me - I just hate to hear a child is missing - that's all I need. I don't need all the Assthonys lying to get my interest.

Once we factor out all of the lies (which I haven't seen many here - just some statements that needed clarification, and that seems to have happened - the LE seems satisfied for the time being that the major players are telling the truth - that could always change) and we factor out any culpability on the parts of the parents - what will be left?

Haleigh didn't just hop the A train to parts unknown. Something had to happen to her. If her father and live-in Girlfriend are not to blame and are not responsible - that then leaves us with her mother and her boyfriend - after that - there's really not much.

As I said yesterday OR the day before - parents are always the correct first avenue - stats prove they are most likely responsible when a child is missing... but once they have all been cleared - WHAT THEN?

At this time and point - I juss don't see enough to charge them or even cast any aspersions their way. Maybe some don't like them. OK, nuff said, I realize that some don't like them. But what is there really other than statements that the police seem to have cleared up?

In the Caylee Anthony case the statements and lies by her mother and family told me instantly that Caylee was dead and her mother killed her. I don't get that impression here. Maybe others do, but I don't.

- jmo -

Truth, Justice and the American Way.

+++

~ livin' the life I was born to live - givin' it all I've got to give ~
lilymarie
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1167 on: March 06, 2009, 07:07:13 PM »

Now that I see that the washer/dryer are RIGHT by the door - I wonder if they were running and that helped cover some of the noise from someone coming in?

What's so funny about Peace, Love & Understanding?
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1168 on: March 06, 2009, 07:08:28 PM »

Well, Rob and I started out here on the Natalee Holloway thread and there was one Cardinal Rule there.  No trashing of the victim or her family.  None allowed.

They we had Casey Anthony come along where the family at least her in particular appear to be the guilty party so that broke the mold on no trashing the family.

And I guess that has spilled over into this case as well.  Still, I for one, have a very hard time accusing or trashing the family without some real, solid and verified proof of some kind.

Guess it's just a holdover from Natalee.  Yes, I will question and look but without a really good reason just can't bring myself to outright accuse without some kind of proof or at least a lead from LE.

I will always give family twice the pass that I would give to others.  And I remember the horrible things posted about Mark Lundsford, too.  Not one word of those things were true but they were said anyway.  At the time I remember being stunned having no idea that people did such things.

So that's why I can't jump on any family without a darned good reason.  I think how I would feel reading things like were said to Mark and know how it would make me feel.

JMO

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
Dolce
Monkey All Star

Del senno di poi ne son piene le fosse...

« Reply #1169 on: March 06, 2009, 07:10:03 PM »

I think that was a terrible thing to do to Klaasend.  She sent an invitation in good faith, trying to help someone and they betrayed that good faith.

This forum wouldn't exist if Klaas had not held it together, lots of the time by herself, through thick and thin.

You mess with her and you mess with all of us!

I will agree with that, stand with it, and add to it....Webslueths only wishes they could be ScaredMonkeys.  (I did not see them mentioned on the crimeblog pole....just sayin) 

On the lighter note, Klaas I am sure they did not have a banned button quite as snazzy as yours!

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #1170 on: March 06, 2009, 07:10:23 PM »

NOTICE:  Regarding people getting banned from WS (me in particular  ) for sending a PM to AnnaFL inviting her to SM:

I have received the following explanation from Moderator Adnoid from Websleuths and they are assuring me that PM's cannot be read at WS:

"For your information, we do not read people's PMs and there's no way 
to.  What happened is the poster Ana SENT THE PMS FROM YOU AND OTHERS 
TO TRICIA and said she thought it was inappropriate that people would 

send her requests like that as well."

To explain why I PM'd AnnaFL in the first place, Websleuth's was deleting some posts and information AnnaFL was posting and from others reading and posting in that thread AnnaFL appeared to be confused as to what was OK to post at WS and what was not OK.

When I PM'd her I didn't say why don't you leave WS and post at SM, I simply offered her another place to post. I stand by my PM and don't see anything malicious in it's intent

OK, Excuse me for saying this, I know someone says that she is family but ummm I WILL STAND BY THIS STATEMENT I am about to make!!    IF *IF* they TRULY want help FINDING HALEIGH, why  oh WHY would she ask for help,then do that??? NO THEY DO NOT want help apparently!! Im sorry, I am SO COMPLETELY disgusted with ANNAFL and Crystal/Marie any one involved in ANNAFL doing this that I could throw up..... I am going for a walk..... ANY family member legitimately LOOKING for help finding a loved one would NOT do that and I stand by this statement.. go ahead,throw nanners.....
I agree with you Searching, and also I noticed a statement made by a relative on WS, another relative made the exact same statement, which had me shaking my head, are these two people actually one person, posting under two different names? I have no idea, but ever since I saw that I've been very cynical.
lilymarie
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1171 on: March 06, 2009, 07:10:45 PM »

OOPS - I forgot to make my point. hahaha

My point was - instead of believing the unbelievable - a stranger pederass snake came in and took Haleigh right out from under their noses.... we naturally want to turn it into something that wouldn't happen to us because we don't live the lifestyle they do. We want to believe it was something the family did to themselves. The alternative is to question our ability to ever keep our kids safe. Nobody wants to think that.

its human nature tho, isnt it? noone wants to see the face of evil in any part of themselves, and sadly that works against us and makes us all the more vulnerable, when it can be just about anyone.

Sadly true - imho

What's so funny about Peace, Love & Understanding?
alagary
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1172 on: March 06, 2009, 07:14:04 PM »

Sorry to keep harping on this but there is no big lock !
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1173 on: March 06, 2009, 07:14:20 PM »

Rob - what if Haleigh simply walked outside by herself and got lost?  If could be just a horrible accident although you would think a body would have been found by now if the case.  More likely she was taken by someone that had been watching the home and knew when Ron wasn't there.

Klaas her body would have surfaced (provided she was near the water where the dogs tracked her scent) and as you know - cadaver dogs can actually smell bodies underwater (as hard as that is to believe) - remember thats how Tykeria Buggs was found by Tim Miller in Houston.

Truth, Justice and the American Way.

+++

~ livin' the life I was born to live - givin' it all I've got to give ~
Dolce
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1174 on: March 06, 2009, 07:15:03 PM »

--snip--

As I said yesterday OR the day before - parents are always the correct first avenue - stats prove they are most likely responsible when a child is missing... but once they have all been cleared - WHAT THEN?

At this time and point - I juss don't see enough to charge them or even cast any aspersions their way. Maybe some don't like them. OK, nuff said, I realize that some don't like them. But what is there really other than statements that the police seem to have cleared up?

In the Caylee Anthony case the statements and lies by her mother and family told me instantly that Caylee was dead and her mother killed her. I don't get that impression here. Maybe others do, but I don't.

- jmo -

I agree.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1175 on: March 06, 2009, 07:17:30 PM »

I don't see a big lock either.  I also don't see why it would be so hard for Haleigh to simply walk out.  She could certainly reach the deadbolt.
Dolce
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1176 on: March 06, 2009, 07:17:30 PM »

There have been many rewards, including one with a time limit.   I would think if this was about money or retaliation then there would be a nibble at the reward.  Rob, would love to hear your opinion about the rewards.
Not Rob, but very good and valid point you bring up. 

Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1177 on: March 06, 2009, 07:20:30 PM »

I don't see a big lock either.  I also don't see why it would be so hard for Haleigh to simply walk out.  She could certainly reach the deadbolt.

Yep, I agree. Walk out and get picked up by someone who just happened to be passing by or watching the area. Could have happened, is all.

FIREYONE
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1178 on: March 06, 2009, 07:20:39 PM »

NOTICE:  Regarding people getting banned from WS (me in particular  ) for sending a PM to AnnaFL inviting her to SM:

I have received the following explanation from Moderator Adnoid from Websleuths and they are assuring me that PM's cannot be read at WS:

"For your information, we do not read people's PMs and there's no way 
to.  What happened is the poster Ana SENT THE PMS FROM YOU AND OTHERS 
TO TRICIA and said she thought it was inappropriate that people would 

send her requests like that as well."

To explain why I PM'd AnnaFL in the first place, Websleuth's was deleting some posts and information AnnaFL was posting and from others reading and posting in that thread AnnaFL appeared to be confused as to what was OK to post at WS and what was not OK.

When I PM'd her I didn't say why don't you leave WS and post at SM, I simply offered her another place to post. I stand by my PM and don't see anything malicious in it's intent

OK, Excuse me for saying this, I know someone says that she is family but ummm I WILL STAND BY THIS STATEMENT I am about to make!!    IF *IF* they TRULY want help FINDING HALEIGH, why  oh WHY would she ask for help,then do that??? NO THEY DO NOT want help apparently!! Im sorry, I am SO COMPLETELY disgusted with ANNAFL and Crystal/Marie any one involved in ANNAFL doing this that I could throw up..... I am going for a walk..... ANY family member legitimately LOOKING for help finding a loved one would NOT do that and I stand by this statement.. go ahead,throw nanners.....
I agree with you Searching, and also I noticed a statement made by a relative on WS, another relative made the exact same statement, which had me shaking my head, are these two people actually one person, posting under two different names? I have no idea, but ever since I saw that I've been very cynical.

I do think they are the same poster.  At first they would not be on at the same time.  I think I caught them however their post and mine disappeared as soon as they were posted

Sometimes life is a bowl of cereal without the cherries and sometimes it's like an ice cream with lots and lots of chocolate sauce
Dolce
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1179 on: March 06, 2009, 07:21:02 PM »

Well, Rob and I started out here on the Natalee Holloway thread and there was one Cardinal Rule there.  No trashing of the victim or her family.  None allowed.

They we had Casey Anthony come along where the family at least her in particular appear to be the guilty party so that broke the mold on no trashing the family.

And I guess that has spilled over into this case as well.  Still, I for one, have a very hard time accusing or trashing the family without some real, solid and verified proof of some kind.

Guess it's just a holdover from Natalee.  Yes, I will question and look but without a really good reason just can't bring myself to outright accuse without some kind of proof or at least a lead from LE.

I will always give family twice the pass that I would give to others.  And I remember the horrible things posted about Mark Lundsford, too.  Not one word of those things were true but they were said anyway.  At the time I remember being stunned having no idea that people did such things.

So that's why I can't jump on any family without a darned good reason.  I think how I would feel reading things like were said to Mark and know how it would make me feel.

JMO
I posted something similar to this earlier Anna.  Many of the posters on this thread are from the Caylee thread, after being ruined by that family time and time again, its the first place most have looked, at the family itself.
It is sad, but I think that the Anthony's not only showed us victim turned bad guy, but also have ruined it for other families, and charities might I add.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.