March 28, 2024, 07:48:11 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Haleigh Cummings #4 3/04/09 - 3/08/09  (Read 295682 times)
Today
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1200 on: March 06, 2009, 07:52:10 PM »

There have been many rewards, including one with a time limit.   I would think if this was about money or retaliation then there would be a nibble at the reward.  Rob, would love to hear your opinion about the rewards.
Not Rob, but very good and valid point you bring up. 

Predators don't respond to "rewards"... this is unfortunately not a ransom situation south of the border.

Thank you for asking my opinion Today... now - your thoughts?!?
My thoughts are that it not being retaliation or money is not good.  The only hope for a good outcome at this point is that it was a family member, for whatever reason. 

Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1201 on: March 06, 2009, 07:54:31 PM »

Good to see your posts, Rob.

Off to get things under control to watch Nancy Grace.

Something I never thought I would be saying, lol.

it's always my pleasure to post right along side ya Anna!!! Always!!

Truth, Justice and the American Way.

+++

~ livin' the life I was born to live - givin' it all I've got to give ~
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1202 on: March 06, 2009, 08:05:01 PM »

Rob - what if Haleigh simply walked outside by herself and got lost?  If could be just a horrible accident although you would think a body would have been found by now if the case.  More likely she was taken by someone that had been watching the home and knew when Ron wasn't there.

Klaas her body would have surfaced (provided she was near the water where the dogs tracked her scent) and as you know - cadaver dogs can actually smell bodies underwater (as hard as that is to believe) - remember thats how Tykeria Buggs was found by Tim Miller

in Houston.

And I hate to even mention this but the thought has gone through my mind several times.  I wonder how bad the alligator problem is right there around the home?  It's only a few blocks from the James River, right?  

Sorry!  I can still mess up quotes like anything.

Me too!    

Am not local, have never been in that area.  However my mid son lived fairly close to that area, and he says there are gators and crocs galore in the St Johns river that winds thru those neighborhoods.  Not only IN the water, but lazing themselves on the banks of the river.  And that in fact, folks in the area worried about the storms and water rising, cuz that could also mean that tons of gators and crocs would be in their yards soon enough. 

You can also google 'gators in Satsuma FL' and find rec sites in that area where they do mention the gators, even those on the banks.

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
Today
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1203 on: March 06, 2009, 08:07:15 PM »

To all the new monkeys

fatcatlurker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1204 on: March 06, 2009, 08:07:49 PM »

Good evening all!  Happy Friday and weekend!

First look in Haleigh's home - CNN

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/crime/2009/03/06/ng.haleigh.teary.cnn?iref=24hours

Thank you Heart and Welcome!  That was very enlightening to me, especially in the confusion about the door being open on the initial 911 call.  It goes almost all the way closed all on it's own you would have to do a double take to really make sure it was closed from a distance.  And at night if the outside light was out it would be even harder to tell if it was open at first glance.
lilymarie
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1205 on: March 06, 2009, 08:09:31 PM »

Thank you!! The cage seems friendly and you guys are great! I've been hanging around reading for a while.

What's so funny about Peace, Love & Understanding?
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1206 on: March 06, 2009, 08:12:08 PM »

There is NO special lock on that door.  Haleigh definately could have reached it.  Now...the lock sticks, could it have been unlocked?
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1207 on: March 06, 2009, 08:14:09 PM »

I just kinda remembered something Grande and I were talking about - maybe a year ago or sooo.

For those who don't know Grande - he is the webs number one technocriminologist. Is the person that caught Robert Arnette (who killed his wife Naomi) ... this is a super story in it's own right but I'm just gonna skip the whole story and just tell you kinda what we were talking about.

I asked him for an interview for my blog and he agreed. We have been friends for quite a while and he taught me alot of his mad skills and how to use them to help people on the net. His skills are incredible and I was very fortunate to learn alot from him. I can't tell you what he does or how he learned it, cause I'm not sure he actually gave me permission... but he was kind enough to tell me how he learned it and how he does it.

One of the question I posed to Grande was - Are there more missing people today or are we more aware and just cataloging them all much better?

and yanno - this is a really tuff question - how can we really know if there are more missing people or are we just more aware cause of the net and "our" vast and growing network?

He was kinda perplexed by the question and I don't remember how he actually answered it.

I *think* there have pretty much always been about the same amount of missing and murdered people, and roughly the same amount of predators. Whatever the true stat is here - it will always be congruent to the overall ratio - if that makes any sense. 10 predators = 30 victims. 100 predators = 300 victims. (just to give and example).

As the population grows there will always be more people who can throw a spiral, swing a racquet, and do quantum physics / mathematics. When there are more of anything - there is more of chance do to the overall statics involved.

The saddest part of this entire situation is there will always seem to be predators and victims and no one has any kind of solution to this. It's all really sad on the face of it. The only minor solution I can see is just locking them up and never ever allowing a "future" victim. And until we really view that as a solution we will always have children who should have never been victimized in the first place.

Truth, Justice and the American Way.

+++

~ livin' the life I was born to live - givin' it all I've got to give ~
peanut
Monkey Junky

I can spell, I just can't type.

« Reply #1208 on: March 06, 2009, 08:14:46 PM »

i wish we knew if haleigh ever got up during the night and left the room, did she ever end up asleep on the couch after maybe watching a dvd when she couldnt go back to sleep? she could turn on the kitchen light for softer illumination in the living room and so as to not have it bother those in the master bedroom.

i wish we had an entire floor plan.

Justice is truth in action - Benjamin Disraeli
lilymarie
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1209 on: March 06, 2009, 08:17:02 PM »

There have been many rewards, including one with a time limit.   I would think if this was about money or retaliation then there would be a nibble at the reward.  Rob, would love to hear your opinion about the rewards.
Not Rob, but very good and valid point you bring up. 

Predators don't respond to "rewards"... this is unfortunately not a ransom situation south of the border.

Thank you for asking my opinion Today... now - your thoughts?!?
My thoughts are that it not being retaliation or money is not good.  The only hope for a good outcome at this point is that it was a family member, for whatever reason. 

I agree that a predator wouldn't respond to a reward - but I wonder if someone close to a potential predator might be more inclined to turn someone in if there is a reward? I wonder what the statistics are about whether or not they help?

Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1210 on: March 06, 2009, 08:19:23 PM »

Marlinna on NG stated that the lock on the back door of the trailer is about 3 feet from the floor, would be reachable by Haleigh.  But the lock on the wooden backdoor sticks, so could be difficult for Haleigh to open.  However both the wooden door and the outside door closes on their own.

If Misty had been partying for 3 days, I can understand that she may not have been awaken by an intruder even though the beds are so close together.

Questionable on NG, Misty's  ability to see the light on in the kitchen when she got up to go to the restroom or get a drink

Heart
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #1211 on: March 06, 2009, 08:21:29 PM »

The tour of the trailer being done on NG is interesting, supposedly the screen and back door, both shut automatically and make quite a bit of noise.
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1212 on: March 06, 2009, 08:21:49 PM »

Rob

Thank you so much for being a voice of reason for us.  LOTS of food for thought in your posts, as always.  Am gonna have to rethink my position in all of this, just cuz ermmm well... seems I've been flying by the seat of my pants with any and all so called info we've been getting, along with taking sips of the koolaid as well.     Time to sit back and think logically about it all.  And I thank you so much for helping us to refocus.   

Well, Wyks - thanks for the compliment. Even the internet's biggest crack 'ho (Sandra K) says I'm "reasonable" and almost impossible to hate (she said almost) ... 

yanno, I can be wrong... and none of us are ever always right... I juss try to go where the info takes me and I sure don't worry about being right or wrong - juss that a child is found and her parent have her back - dead or alive - so there is closure. No one should live in their life in limbo and of all the people I have tried to help, not one has ever said - hey, I'll get over it - it doesn't bother me that my child is missing. It has to be the most painful thing a parent can face and I would never wish that on anyone.

Once a poster on Caylee's thread asked me if I were LE - I just had to laff my butt off. Like I would have the temperament for that?  <<sarcasm added free of charge>>

Thanks again for the nice words Wyks... you're pretty darn special yourself yanno 

Aww thanks, Rob!   

Well I admire your style.  And     on what Sandra K. says! 

fatcatlurker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1213 on: March 06, 2009, 08:24:37 PM »

i wish we knew if haleigh ever got up during the night and left the room, did she ever end up asleep on the couch after maybe watching a dvd when she couldnt go back to sleep? she could turn on the kitchen light for softer illumination in the living room and so as to not have it bother those in the master bedroom.

i wish we had an entire floor plan.

I just don't see this.  But maybe someone else can chime in here, someone w/parenting skills.  My only experience is my niece who my dumb SIL & brother moved to a basement bedroom by herself after new baby and one day her mom found her pee cup in her room and went ballistic.  Well my poor 7 yr old niece was to terrified to make the trek to the BR in the dark accross the family room.  So they made some changes needless to say.
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1214 on: March 06, 2009, 08:24:59 PM »

There is NO special lock on that door.  Haleigh definately could have reached it.  Now...the lock sticks, could it have been unlocked?

Saw it on the video on NG, and yesssss definitely Haleigh could have reached it.  Oddly enough, the lock is under the doorknob!  Here all this time I've been thinking it was on top!   

lilymarie
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1215 on: March 06, 2009, 08:26:26 PM »

I hate asking for something ya'll already have talked about (probably at length)...but I will anyway: What is the story about Misty partying for 3 days? Where did it come from? There seem to be some strong opinions about Misty on this forum.

fatcatlurker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1216 on: March 06, 2009, 08:27:44 PM »

I've always thought a sound woke Misty up but her subconscious did not remember it?  Does anyone know what I am saying?  And I think that sound was that door and they were minutes from the bad guy.
Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1217 on: March 06, 2009, 08:29:48 PM »

And according to the reporter there inside the trailer, the floors do not squeak and the doors are not loud noisy when they shut.

Heart
peanut
Monkey Junky

I can spell, I just can't type.

« Reply #1218 on: March 06, 2009, 08:34:18 PM »

The tour of the trailer being done on NG is interesting, supposedly the screen and back door, both shut automatically and make quite a bit of noise.

ya, they are both solid distinctive sounds. i wonder if she could have heard one and woken up, i know i always jump when i hear one of our doors, asleep or not.

Justice is truth in action - Benjamin Disraeli
lilymarie
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1219 on: March 06, 2009, 08:37:16 PM »

I've always thought a sound woke Misty up but her subconscious did not remember it?  Does anyone know what I am saying?  And I think that sound was that door and they were minutes from the bad guy.

I know exactly what you're saying. You hear it in your sleep/dream but it takes your mind a while to realize that it wasn't supposed to be there and it wakes you up.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.