April 20, 2024, 06:03:00 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Haleigh Cummings #4 3/04/09 - 3/08/09  (Read 296924 times)
fatcatlurker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1220 on: March 06, 2009, 08:38:16 PM »

I hate asking for something ya'll already have talked about (probably at length)...but I will anyway: What is the story about Misty partying for 3 days? Where did it come from? There seem to be some strong opinions about Misty on this forum.

This is a rumor out there.  That Ron had just picked Misty up and brought her back home from being gone for 3 days.  I've been searching all over for this, I swear it came out of Ron's mouth in the beginning but I can't remember for the life of me.  I can't recall who he was talking to or what the setting was, but I will get it eventually.  Now I'm off to look more.
fatcatlurker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1221 on: March 06, 2009, 08:39:56 PM »

I hate asking for something ya'll already have talked about (probably at length)...but I will anyway: What is the story about Misty partying for 3 days? Where did it come from? There seem to be some strong opinions about Misty on this forum.

This is a rumor out there.  That Ron had just picked Misty up and brought her back home from being gone for 3 days.  I've been searching all over for this, I swear it came out of Ron's mouth in the beginning but I can't remember for the life of me.  I can't recall who he was talking to or what the setting was, but I will get it eventually.  Now I'm off to look more.

Oh Yeah,  I DID NOT START THIS RUMOR, maybe I brought it to this blog from somewhere else but it is all over the net.  I'm not that good yet...tee hee.
peanut
Monkey Junky

I can spell, I just can't type.

« Reply #1222 on: March 06, 2009, 08:40:52 PM »

i wish we knew if haleigh ever got up during the night and left the room, did she ever end up asleep on the couch after maybe watching a dvd when she couldnt go back to sleep? she could turn on the kitchen light for softer illumination in the living room and so as to not have it bother those in the master bedroom.

i wish we had an entire floor plan.

I just don't see this.  But maybe someone else can chime in here, someone w/parenting skills.  My only experience is my niece who my dumb SIL & brother moved to a basement bedroom by herself after new baby and one day her mom found her pee cup in her room and went ballistic.  Well my poor 7 yr old niece was to terrified to make the trek to the BR in the dark accross the family room.  So they made some changes needless to say.

haha i hope by suggesting that im not a bad parent.

its a fairly small area, she might feel comfortable enough to do it, and added light from the kitchen could have added to her comfort levels. kids do at times get up and leave their rooms alone at night, no matter their age.

its just one of the possible scenerios as to why the kitchen light could have been on and why misty didnt hear anyone enter their room, ive got lots more haha.

Justice is truth in action - Benjamin Disraeli
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1223 on: March 06, 2009, 08:41:59 PM »

According to the video on NG, there is a bathroom in the master bedroom, and one clear across the livingroom.  So if Misty was sleeping in the m.bedr and needed to go potty at 3a, seems she would have used the one in the bedr. 

To get to the kitchen area, one needs to go from the m.bedr into the livingr and turn a corner into the kitchen, then thru the laundry area out the door.   They said it's about 25 ft.

In the dark in the middle of the night, if the light was actually on in the kitchen, am thinking that yes Misty could have seen it from the m.bedr shining out into the livingroom. 

Although I doubt an intruder would 'normally' turn on a light inside, just to get thru this place am thinking one would likely need a light on.  In the video, everything is picked up and clean inside, no toys or clothes etc laying around.  But I've raised kids, rarely does a house look THAT clean, unless company was coming or we were gonna take pics.  lol  But there is a coffee table that am thinking one would crash into, in the dark, unless one already knows it was there, and that they had to make a sharp turn to avoid it and get into the m.bedr. 

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
fatcatlurker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1224 on: March 06, 2009, 08:42:57 PM »

I've always thought a sound woke Misty up but her subconscious did not remember it?  Does anyone know what I am saying?  And I think that sound was that door and they were minutes from the bad guy.

I know exactly what you're saying. You hear it in your sleep/dream but it takes your mind a while to realize that it wasn't supposed to be there and it wakes you up.

Exactly and it is not on your mind when you get up either, usually it's just the bathroom or drink of water, when it actually was the noise that disturbed your sleep.  And Welcome to you too new Monkey, it's a cool cage we got here!  Swing free.
fatcatlurker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1225 on: March 06, 2009, 08:45:45 PM »

i wish we knew if haleigh ever got up during the night and left the room, did she ever end up asleep on the couch after maybe watching a dvd when she couldnt go back to sleep? she could turn on the kitchen light for softer illumination in the living room and so as to not have it bother those in the master bedroom.

i wish we had an entire floor plan.

I just don't see this.  But maybe someone else can chime in here, someone w/parenting skills.  My only experience is my niece who my dumb SIL & brother moved to a basement bedroom by herself after new baby and one day her mom found her pee cup in her room and went ballistic.  Well my poor 7 yr old niece was to terrified to make the trek to the BR in the dark accross the family room.  So they made some changes needless to say.

haha i hope by suggesting that im not a bad parent.

its a fairly small area, she might feel comfortable enough to do it, and added light from the kitchen could have added to her comfort levels. kids do at times get up and leave their rooms alone at night, no matter their age.

its just one of the possible scenerios as to why the kitchen light could have been on and why misty didnt hear anyone enter their room, ive got lots more haha.

Not at all, I forgot to add my part about a child living in a secure happy home would probably do this.  But as no children here I don't claim to know to much about it.  Just wicked Auntey Stuff!
higherhopes
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1226 on: March 06, 2009, 08:51:24 PM »

There is NO special lock on that door.  Haleigh definately could have reached it.  Now...the lock sticks, could it have been unlocked?
Klaas, I read several places where this is what LE is saying is that that door was not locked because of the material that surrounds it and the type of lock it was, a break in would have been plain to see, they say there is no  sign of a break in.......so to me that means door unlocked....somebody forgot to lock it!!!!!!!!!

I don't know, I was at work....I don't know, I was sleeping........Where is Haleigh???????
lilymarie
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1227 on: March 06, 2009, 08:52:44 PM »

According to the video on NG, there is a bathroom in the master bedroom, and one clear across the livingroom.  So if Misty was sleeping in the m.bedr and needed to go potty at 3a, seems she would have used the one in the bedr. 

To get to the kitchen area, one needs to go from the m.bedr into the livingr and turn a corner into the kitchen, then thru the laundry area out the door.   They said it's about 25 ft.

In the dark in the middle of the night, if the light was actually on in the kitchen, am thinking that yes Misty could have seen it from the m.bedr shining out into the livingroom. 

Although I doubt an intruder would 'normally' turn on a light inside, just to get thru this place am thinking one would likely need a light on.  In the video, everything is picked up and clean inside, no toys or clothes etc laying around.  But I've raised kids, rarely does a house look THAT clean, unless company was coming or we were gonna take pics.  lol  But there is a coffee table that am thinking one would crash into, in the dark, unless one already knows it was there, and that they had to make a sharp turn to avoid it and get into the m.bedr. 

Its possible she goes to the other bathroom when the kids are asleep in order to not wake them by turning on a light? I wonder - that if the house is usually dark - she would have noticed the kitchen light on if the bedroom door were open. I'm thinking she stands up and starts to head to the bathroom (whichever one) and notices there is light coming from somewhere in the house and heads that way wondering what the heck is going on.

What's so funny about Peace, Love & Understanding?
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1228 on: March 06, 2009, 08:56:38 PM »

There is NO special lock on that door.  Haleigh definately could have reached it.  Now...the lock sticks, could it have been unlocked?
Klaas, I read several places where this is what LE is saying is that that door was not locked because of the material that surrounds it and the type of lock it was, a break in would have been plain to see, they say there is no  sign of a break in.......so to me that means door unlocked....somebody forgot to lock it!!!!!!!!!

If the door was locked like it normally was, it would have been too hard for Haleigh to open/unlock because it sticks.  That indicates to me that for whatever reason that door was unlocked. 
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1229 on: March 06, 2009, 08:59:50 PM »

Its possible she goes to the other bathroom when the kids are asleep in order to not wake them by turning on a light? I wonder - that if the house is usually dark - she would have noticed the kitchen light on if the bedroom door were open. I'm thinking she stands up and starts to head to the bathroom (whichever one) and notices there is light coming from somewhere in the house and heads that way wondering what the heck is going on.

Yep, that's one of the versions that Misty has said, that when she got up she saw the light on and went out there. 

IBE
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1230 on: March 06, 2009, 09:00:28 PM »

What did they say about the water heater door?

I'm pages behind so sorry if it has already been said.

Maybe she went to the other bathroom not to wake the kids. The children's bedroom, I think, and playroom were over on the other side of the house.

Someone had to have a key or were hiding in the home. Noone has ever mentioned if the front door was locked.

Maybe the sound of the door wakened Misty.

Maybe he/they were at the back door when she went to the bathroom. He back would have been to that area and when she came out she could see right into the other BR and see that the girl was gone

Maybe they came in while she was in the bathroomthen come in, took the girl, got confused in the rush opened the water heater door, getting confused coming around the corner again, or then went straight out the back door... knowing that that door will close unless it has clothes in front of in... if clothes were intentionally put in front of the door that closes quietly, someone had to know.

Of just extra lucky of pushing clothes in front of the door.

Putting a cinder in front of a fast closing screen is a no brainer to anyone, but to put clothes in front of the indoor door so it won't shut while you care carrying someones else out means you either know this from being in the home or living in the home and/or have a mobile home that does the same thing.

House do clean... maybe the grandmother now had the OK to wash the fingerprint black stuff off and maybe the LE took many toys that were in the BR and LR, but I remember one of them saying it has a playroom.

Freedom is not free: it also takes ethics, character, accountability, responsibility and courage! Freedom for Scared Monkeys: donate to Red's legal fees.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #1231 on: March 06, 2009, 09:04:27 PM »

But I thought they didn't really use that door, and it was always locked. Only used that door to bring vacuum out to vacuum car, and perhaps trash, and didn't Ron say that door was locked when he went to work?
higherhopes
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1232 on: March 06, 2009, 09:07:03 PM »

If the door was locked like it normally was, it would have been too hard for Haleigh to open/unlock because it sticks.  That indicates to me that for whatever reason that door was unlocked. 
Thats what LE thinks too, and I wonder why someone dont just say...ok I did open it and maybe forgot to lock it, weird!

I don't know, I was at work....I don't know, I was sleeping........Where is Haleigh???????
IBE
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1233 on: March 06, 2009, 09:07:46 PM »

Hi Rob, Anna, Wyks and all Monkeys of the Monkey family here that I can't list and guests too.

Monkeys do Good Works! year after year

ROBOTS would a fundraiser for oil get you back here?

Freedom is not free: it also takes ethics, character, accountability, responsibility and courage! Freedom for Scared Monkeys: donate to Red's legal fees.
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1234 on: March 06, 2009, 09:10:45 PM »

Hi Rob, Anna, Wyks and all Monkeys of the Monkey family here that I can't list and guests too.

Monkeys do Good Works! year after year

ROBOTS would a fundraiser for oil get you back here?

Hi IBE!  Good to see you, as always! 

IBE
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1235 on: March 06, 2009, 09:15:18 PM »

Sounds like a door you might have to pull up a tad to open. I have locks like those. The mobile home does relevel itself (shift). Mine according to weather, general stuff. Supposedly you are to relevel it every 2 years but when you do they have to adjust the height of the piers near the doors a tad if it sticks.

My back door sticks.. I have to lift it up a tad with opening the one lock and also the door knob lock.

When we have an earthquake, sometimes all the doors pop open or one of them with strong wind. This is even with extra piers underneath and a FEMA steel tie down.

Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1236 on: March 06, 2009, 09:18:03 PM »

Hi, IBE,

Good to see you!  I try to read this thread daily but don't ever have much to add.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1237 on: March 06, 2009, 09:20:52 PM »

I can understand Misty going to the other bathroom because the sound of flushing the commode might awaken the children.

Ron Cummings must be more mellow than he seems on camera if he is down with his girlfriend being on a three day bender of some sort.  He didn't strike me as the type who would be tolerant of that sort of thing.

JMO

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
GramaMonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1238 on: March 06, 2009, 09:22:09 PM »

So, NG came to the conclusion that the cinder block had to be put by the outside screen door, prior to someone entering, as they could not hold Haleigh, and then reach for a cinder block. 

Don't think it was ever established in the interviews with Misty, actually which bathroom she was used / was heading to.  But, I agree that she may have gotten up, the bedroom door was open, and seen a light reflection coming from the kitchen.

Then again, if she was heading to the main bathroom.....WHY?? would she not use the master bedroom bathroom.

I can also say, if I knew that the TV camera's were coming to my place, it would look a lot different than it does now.  When you have children, they live at the dwelling, and it is automatic for things to be in a disarrangement, with toys, etc.  Otherwise, the trailer appeared to be very well kept up.

IBE
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1239 on: March 06, 2009, 09:23:29 PM »

If the outdoor light was on, that is toward the road from the ramp then, it would probably  shine in for a foot or so, because of where the door is. So someone would possible turn, then need to turn the kitchen light on.

I vote for someone who knew about mobile home's floor plan or this home in particular. In mobile home the kitchen light switch isn't always where you want it, but there usually is one over the sink, turned on right by the sink.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.