April 25, 2024, 11:18:53 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Haleigh Cummings #4 3/04/09 - 3/08/09  (Read 297480 times)
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1360 on: March 07, 2009, 01:02:09 AM »

Thank you Klaas,

The floor plan is just a guess.

I see I missed putting a wall line at the door of the F/AC which could be the water heater instead.

I just did this without looking at the mobile pictures that were posted here... need to go back and look. The roof vents and vents in the walls will tell me where the water heater is.

Am tired, maybe won't go back and look. Thanks everyone!

Thank you IBE, Klaas and Wyks....I do NOT get NG so I am so grateful for all your hard work describing and laying it out for me. Something I can not shake is that 2/9 was a Full Moon... where there skylights in the trailer and/or a lot of windows? If it wasn't that dark out it should have been easy to move around by the light of the full moon.....not too mention it brings out all the crazies

You're welcome Leslee.  I didn't have cable for several months and went into withdrawals.     Sometimes now when I yell and scream at NG on the screen I kinda miss the peaceful days when she wasn't on there.  Go figure.  lol

IBE did an excellent drawing of the floorplan, and Klaas is wonderful to post it for her.   The floorplan sure does help in understanding things. 

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
leslee
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1361 on: March 07, 2009, 01:02:34 AM »

Maybe someone was hiding in the abandoned car waiting for everybody to go to sleep.

Lots of possibilities but all speculation until there is some kind of break in this investigation.

Yep.  I was wondering if anyone lives on boats around there too.

Good point~around here they do.....but, those are the "rich" people, so I have no idea how easy it would be to hide a child on one for any length of time, but the scent tracked to the dock makes me wonder if that's how she was moved and not by car/truck.

St Johns is not a deep river FWIW I doubt it would support the weight of a houseboat without grounding it.

I was thinking more along the lines of a jon boat.......they are all over the place there,

Yep a Jon boat would work well ( i thought you all were talking houseboats). Nice, small and usually unregistered on a shallow waterway as St Johns is. I wonder if any had been reported missing? How close are houses to the river...I wonder if people along the river have been questioned about boats that night?
rana
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1362 on: March 07, 2009, 01:03:36 AM »

Maybe someone was hiding in the abandoned car waiting for everybody to go to sleep.

Lots of possibilities but all speculation until there is some kind of break in this investigation.

Yes... and I was also wondering about who would have heard a motor or noticed a light -- if there were either.

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1363 on: March 07, 2009, 01:06:55 AM »

Am hoping for some news tomorrow, as I head for the monkey bunky.  G'night monkeys and guests! 

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

HaLeigh~you are loved and in God's loving arms

« Reply #1364 on: March 07, 2009, 01:08:01 AM »

Yes... and I was also wondering about who would have heard a motor or noticed a light -- if there were either.

That's a great question........although during a full moon you wouldn't really need lights. When we have a full moon here and I am walking the dog on the beach at night, you can wade in and it's so bright thaty I can see the sand ripples very clearly, and also the light would probably draw more attention than they would want.

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1365 on: March 07, 2009, 01:08:04 AM »

Then there was the night I was lying in bed reading and had a baby monitor on a litter of pups at the other end of the house and heard a man cough and clear his throat on the monitor.

That one must have taken ten years off my lifespan!  But that's another story and it's late here.

Goodnight all Monkeys and I will be praying that this weekend brings a recovery of this child Haleigh to her family.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
Foggy Dew
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1366 on: March 07, 2009, 01:17:08 AM »

As for those insisting that Misty was outta the house? I'm curious what you are basing this on... Misty has denied this - the police surely asked her - she was polygraphed and ask that specific question.

As far as I know - she was in the house. As far as the police are concerned - she was in the house from everything I have seen and read. If she were gone - the police probably would have made a statement to that fact and possibly charged her with abandonment and / or neglect. Misty has not been charged or accused of anything to date.

The problem with forums is that someone can come on here and say just about anything and in the course of three threads - it can become a fact.

Having your own suspicions - is part of human nature. We are all suspicious of anyone when a child is missing, and we ask ourselves - how in the heck can a child be abducted while there is an adult in the SAME ROOM. Trust me - it has happened before and it will happen again.

I would juss caution that not everything is a dastardly on it's face value. Sometimes there are explanations and those explanation are not what WE always want to hear or expect.

There are also coincidence in every case I have ever seen. You need to be able to take some of the info and accept it at face value and not read too much in to it. You also need to not be bogged down by a coincidence that seems completely sinister.

jmo

IMO I think Misty was there. But even if she went to the neighbors for an hour or so, that doesn't make it all her fault or make her the monster that took Haleigh! I think what is so difficult in this case as well as some others, is we dont have much to go on. LE is so quiet, unlike the other case that is happening there in Florida. It is so frustrating and making many start to theorize the absolute.  I have to say that my gut instinct is that someone is going to be arrested, but the person will be innocent because LE has no hard evidence to go on and the public is demanding them to do something.

I'm not sure where you learned about child care, but a child/children shouldn't be left alone--ever.  It is so important that there are laws forbidding it. 

Please don't ever leave any children in your care alone "...for an hour or so."   

Better yet, please don't "care" for children at all if you think its ok to leave them alone for an hour or so.  For shame...

God help all the children. 

Foggy, it sounds like you might want to take a deep breath or something.  If you don't agree with what someone posts, that's ok.  Yet there is no need to attack the poster or be rude. 

You are saying I need to take a deep breath because I find it sad that the poster to whom I responded said "...even if she went to the neighbors for an hour or so..."?  Sorry, but visiting w/neighbors w/young ones in the home (hypthetically speaking) is pretty dern sad in my book.

I don't think or know if anyone but the teenage caretaker and/or father knows whether the children were left alone that fateful night.

In any case, children shouldn't be left alone.  If you think my notions are so outlandish as to require me to take a "deep breath", call your own jurisdictions CPS and ask them re. the statutes concerning supervision of children.   Again, my remarks were addressed to an earlier poster who said that the teenager was not responsible for Haleighs disappearance, "...even if she went to the neighbors for an hour or so..."

I'm sorry if you think I was being mean, but someone dropped the ball while looking after Haleigh.  Its not like she was taken at gunpoint.  I'm not sure why the caretaker gets a pass for possibly not living up to her responsibility "...even if she went to the neighbors for an hour or so."  Of course we don't know she did leave.  But its sounds like many of you think its okay if she did leave the kids alone.   I find that very sad.
lilymarie
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1367 on: March 07, 2009, 01:21:32 AM »

As Rob pointed out earlier - only one crime ever has been solved by an online sleuth. So, I realize my ideas aren't any better or worse than anyone else's. I was just trying to inject some logic - because speculating on the fringe does Haleigh no good - but I guess none of this does Haleigh any good in reality. I sincerely hope Haleigh is found safe, healthy, fed and loved and I know you do too. And I wish you all the best!

What's so funny about Peace, Love & Understanding?
rana
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1368 on: March 07, 2009, 01:28:51 AM »

STOP THE FIGHTING!  Nobody knows what happened to Haleigh...at this point almost anything is possible.

That's the D@mn truth I'm working on going thru every freaking transcript to see what the FBI profilers are saying, just because we have nothing else to go on at this point and no one is cleared yet.

IM,

....did you see the CI Centre link I posted with those articles on 911 call analysis and deception detection etc on one tidy page -- instead of spread all over the place? If not, I can find it.

My email is open now, FWIW *snort* I had checked the box inadvertently. (Or is it unchecked the box) Well .... you know...

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1369 on: March 07, 2009, 01:34:59 AM »

Then there was the night I was lying in bed reading and had a baby monitor on a litter of pups at the other end of the house and heard a man cough and clear his throat on the monitor.

That one must have taken ten years off my lifespan!  But that's another story and it's late here.

Goodnight all Monkeys and I will be praying that this weekend brings a recovery of this child Haleigh to her family.

OMG that would have scared me to death!
rana
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1370 on: March 07, 2009, 01:37:19 AM »

That's a great question........although during a full moon you wouldn't really need lights. When we have a full moon here and I am walking the dog on the beach at night, you can wade in and it's so bright thaty I can see the sand ripples very clearly, and also the light would probably draw more attention than they would want.

True that, IM, with the full moon. Were the trees thick or tall enough to obscure the moonlight?

(smacks head) But there are no trees in the water though so......."nevermind" (Emily Litella Saturday Night Live)

rana
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1371 on: March 07, 2009, 01:39:50 AM »

OMG that would have scared me to death!

Oh good grief!!

Do we have a thread for scary stories b/c I have to hear this one.

YIKES!!!

islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

HaLeigh~you are loved and in God's loving arms

« Reply #1372 on: March 07, 2009, 01:41:51 AM »

STOP THE FIGHTING!  Nobody knows what happened to Haleigh...at this point almost anything is possible.

That's the D@mn truth I'm working on going thru every freaking transcript to see what the FBI profilers are saying, just because we have nothing else to go on at this point and no one is cleared yet.

IM,

....did you see the CI Centre link I posted with those articles on 911 call analysis and deception detection etc on one tidy page -- instead of spread all over the place? If not, I can find it.

My email is open now, FWIW *snort* I had checked the box inadvertently. (Or is it unchecked the box) Well .... you know...

I did and they were incredibly insightful, I've also been watching Clint Van Zandt's forum, and he has some really strong feeling on this case. I never realized he went back and re-checked post and answered them, he just did today........also, very insightful.

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
rana
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1373 on: March 07, 2009, 01:58:00 AM »

IM,

I did and they were incredibly insightful, I've also been watching Clint Van Zandt's forum, and he has some really strong feeling on this case. I never realized he went back and re-checked post and answered them, he just did today........also, very insightful.

LOVE me some Clint!!!

Nighty all.

IBE
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1374 on: March 07, 2009, 02:08:56 AM »

Now that there are more folks here I ask again ."where is the big door lock ? "

This dead bolt (probably key operated from the outside) is usually higher above the door knob.

I thought the father said he put one on the door at a greater height than Haleigh. I may have heard wrong.

I would think that this dead bolt height along with the ramp would have been used by someone in a wheel chair. IMO

Freedom is not free: it also takes ethics, character, accountability, responsibility and courage! Freedom for Scared Monkeys: donate to Red's legal fees.
Mudder
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1375 on: March 07, 2009, 02:10:47 AM »

If, we assume, that MC was asleep, then I believe, she was probably woke as HC was removed from the house.  She, probably doesn't realize it, happens to me all the time, be woke up, not really know why, to just find out later, something unusual was going on in the house.  I can sleep thru the loudest of normal noise, but let it be out of place LOL.  Makes more sense to me, than a 17 yr old waking in the middle of the night to relieve herself, not my experience with teens.

RC in one of his interviews says 'she's not property'.  I find that out of place, but leads me to wonder, could there have been dispute about ownership of drugs or guns?  Could the hiding place for whatever been in the water heater area?  Perhaps someone was coming in the house for something other than Haleigh.

Unless I missed something, I never got the impression that MC missed HC immediately upon waking.  There seems no way to miss her not in bed. (And omg, if someone really walked in that room and got her, with others in the room, gutsy and just beyond terrifying!)  So, perhaps, it was normal for Haleigh to move in the night, I know my granddaughters would do that when they were around her age, and hence, not an immediate alarm till the house is checked.  And if that be the case, Haleigh may have happened upon whatever was going on at the backdoor, and they decided that would be a way to put Ron in his place.

Or, she came upon them as they were leaving the trailer, and thought it was her dad.
After all, it was Monday, so dad had been home for the two nights before.  She thought she was following dad out, lost sight of him, and went looking for him.  I know its been stated that she is scared of the dark. But so was my oldest granddaughter when she was Haleigh's age, but didn't stop her from unlocking the door, and going out into the nite, to look for her mom.  Mom wasn't home, she thought she heard her in the apartment hall, unlocked the door, and started looking.  Thankfully God sent an angel to find her sitting on a curb two blocks from home and brought her home.  So kids will do unusual things when they are missing or looking for a parent.

I was amazed at the interior of the house.  I deal with a lot of messed up parents in my family, most of their kids are with me, but none of their houses look that nice.  Doesn't look like a partiers house to me.  I realize the grandma cleaned and others, but noone is in the shape to run shampooers and scrub walls.  And I've yet to see a drug house that doesn't have holes in the wall.  But, of course, they have only been there a few months.
Doesn't mean its not about drugs or their not involved, just I don't think they are partaking of or at least not in the home they share with the kids.

And does it amaze anyone other than me, that Ron and Misty are still together?
This would destroy seasoned marriages, these two have been together for hardly anytime
and Ron just doesn't sound like hes that in love with her.  So could there be something else keeping them together?

LOL, do you notice, I just don't know what to think about this one?
Hope I made sense.
IBE
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1376 on: March 07, 2009, 02:15:48 AM »

Thank you Klaas,

The floor plan is just a guess.

I see I missed putting a wall line at the door of the F/AC which could be the water heater instead.

I just did this without looking at the mobile pictures that were posted here... need to go back and look. The roof vents and vents in the walls will tell me where the water heater is.

Am tired, maybe won't go back and look. Thanks everyone!

Thank you IBE, Klaas and Wyks....I do NOT get NG so I am so grateful for all your hard work describing and laying it out for me. Something I can not shake is that 2/9 was a Full Moon... where there skylights in the trailer and/or a lot of windows? If it wasn't that dark out it should have been easy to move around by the light of the full moon.....not too mention it brings out all the crazies

You're welcome Leslee.  I didn't have cable for several months and went into withdrawals.     Sometimes now when I yell and scream at NG on the screen I kinda miss the peaceful days when she wasn't on there.  Go figure.  lol

IBE did an excellent drawing of the floorplan, and Klaas is wonderful to post it for her.   The floorplan sure does help in understanding things. 

I can't find the pictures but I remember two skylights and from the NG show tonight, I am now guessing the skylight by the ramp end is in the master bathroom and just a guess the other would be in the other bathroom.

Don't like full moons.. immediate relatives and friends have passed on then. Ugh

Freedom is not free: it also takes ethics, character, accountability, responsibility and courage! Freedom for Scared Monkeys: donate to Red's legal fees.
ospainter
Monkey Junky

Grandson in Ireland

« Reply #1377 on: March 07, 2009, 02:22:32 AM »

I was wondering if the TV in the bedroom was on.

GGmother answered that in the video on Greta's show.

She said the TV was always on. The children feel asleep with it on. Also showed the Air Bud DVD in the player by the bedroom TV.

I guess one could think maybe the noise from the TV, if on after Misty went to bed, could have drowned out the sound of an intruder.

However you would have to believe the GGMother is telling the truth.

I don't have a link, will look for it tomorrow errr well today..

One of my questions left is

What was Misty wearing when Ron came home from work?

Goodnight everyone,

Prayers for Haleigh and her family.

OS

It's their lie they can tell it anyway they want.
Who, What, Where, When, How and Why
Mudder
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1378 on: March 07, 2009, 02:23:46 AM »

With the front door leading to a screened porch, wouldn't it have been more logical to use that door if the purpose was to nab Haleigh?

The tract from the back door is long, tight, and the back door opens to a wide open space.
No way to see what is going on till you have the door opened up wide, the peep hole is limited.  But the front door, is in the same room as the door to the bedroom, and its near impossible to see in a screened room in the dark.  They would have been able to see if anyone was around before walking out into the yard with her.  I'm kind of leaning, at this moment, that whatever happened to Haleigh, was a side effect of something else.
IBE
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1379 on: March 07, 2009, 02:38:53 AM »

I think the river is pretty shallow but remember all those boats near the dumpster, many with covers?  Could just hide in one of those until dark, too.  Dressed in black or camo, hard to see, etc.

Too many possibilities at this point in time.

Yes I know from experiences of good times you can hide in there and/or sleep in there

Anna, great  Anna..Where was the abandoned car in relation to the home?

Was that the car they took in? What ever happened to the LE keeping a van of some sort?

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.