April 23, 2024, 05:24:14 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Haleigh Cummings #4 3/04/09 - 3/08/09  (Read 297086 times)
lilymarie
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1400 on: March 07, 2009, 09:59:23 AM »

quote:  I think the confusion comes in when some posters are not reading back on the thread?  I think I am old school and like to read everything before I go off half cocked with a post. 

And I've noticed some newbies ask questions that could easily be answered if they just read back a couple pages.  Just what I'm noticing lately.  unquote....

with respect, I have noticed that some "oldie" posters do the same thing ....
I will admit to doing that.  During slow periods there is lots of miscellaneous postings.  So I skip.  If no one wants to answer my stupid questions because I have not read back far enough, well they don't have to Smile
hahaha like your attitude!

What's so funny about Peace, Love & Understanding?
lilymarie
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1401 on: March 07, 2009, 10:05:00 AM »

If she were removed from the home immediately
(or within  around the first 2 hrs)
there would be no cadaver scent for the K-9's to follow or alert on.

From what I understand, and feel free to correct me if I am wrong, it takes approximately 2 hours for the scent of death to become discernible to the dogs.

What bothers me is that when someone dies their bodily functions release and they urinate and sometimes their bowels release.  Urine at this point would not give off a decomp scent imo.
You are correct on the bodily function release.  There is also a lot of gasses, thus the stories you hear about moaning and sitting up after death.

Also, a dog can distinguish one live person from another.  However, they cannot distinguish decomp smells (one dead person smells just like another). 
If I understand correctly - there were two different kinds of canine searches. (1) In the beginning there was no reason to suspect Haleigh wasn't alive so they brought out tracking dogs. These dogs tracked her live scent to the water (I don't know if they tracked her scent anywhere else?) They may have brought out cadaver canines in the beginning as well. (2) Later in the investigation (2 weeks?) they brought out the cadaver canines who then alerted on the dumpster.

These two types of trained canines do not do both types of searches. They either track a live scent and can track a specific smell of a person - or they are different dogs that track the scent of cadavers and only can tell if there is decomposition of a human but not "which" human.

I may be wrong?

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1402 on: March 07, 2009, 10:07:53 AM »

FYI - there is already a number of maps in this thread:

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=4536.0
lilymarie
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1403 on: March 07, 2009, 10:11:33 AM »

Thanks! Its kinda hard to filter through them sometimes and remember which one is which.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1404 on: March 07, 2009, 10:21:04 AM »

Thanks! Its kinda hard to filter through them sometimes and remember which one is which.

There is really only 3 maps and they are all on page 1 of only 2 pages total.  There is a nice schematic I believe Pharlap posted what looks to be the actual layout of the trailer.
luckyday
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1405 on: March 07, 2009, 10:21:12 AM »

Has anyone seen this????  Kinda interesting. Or Not.

http://www.examiner.com/x-1168-Crime-Examiner~y2009m3d7-Video--Woman-dreams-Haleigh-Cummings-is-in-Adison-Missouri

Mark Twain:
Always tell the truth. That way, you don't have to remember what you said.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1406 on: March 07, 2009, 10:24:18 AM »

There is also a nice interactive map of the area here:

http://www.gainesville.com/section/NEWS0810
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1407 on: March 07, 2009, 10:26:34 AM »

As for those insisting that Misty was outta the house? I'm curious what you are basing this on... Misty has denied this - the police surely asked her - she was polygraphed and ask that specific question.

As far as I know - she was in the house. As far as the police are concerned - she was in the house from everything I have seen and read. If she were gone - the police probably would have made a statement to that fact and possibly charged her with abandonment and / or neglect. Misty has not been charged or accused of anything to date.

The problem with forums is that someone can come on here and say just about anything and in the course of three threads - it can become a fact.

Having your own suspicions - is part of human nature. We are all suspicious of anyone when a child is missing, and we ask ourselves - how in the heck can a child be abducted while there is an adult in the SAME ROOM. Trust me - it has happened before and it will happen again.

I would juss caution that not everything is a dastardly on it's face value. Sometimes there are explanations and those explanation are not what WE always want to hear or expect.

There are also coincidence in every case I have ever seen. You need to be able to take some of the info and accept it at face value and not read too much in to it. You also need to not be bogged down by a coincidence that seems completely sinister.

jmo

IMO I think Misty was there. But even if she went to the neighbors for an hour or so, that doesn't make it all her fault or make her the monster that took Haleigh! I think what is so difficult in this case as well as some others, is we dont have much to go on. LE is so quiet, unlike the other case that is happening there in Florida. It is so frustrating and making many start to theorize the absolute.  I have to say that my gut instinct is that someone is going to be arrested, but the person will be innocent because LE has no hard evidence to go on and the public is demanding them to do something.

I'm not sure where you learned about child care, but a child/children shouldn't be left alone--ever.  It is so important that there are laws forbidding it. 

Please don't ever leave any children in your care alone "...for an hour or so."   

Better yet, please don't "care" for children at all if you think its ok to leave them alone for an hour or so.  For shame...

God help all the children. 

Foggy, it sounds like you might want to take a deep breath or something.  If you don't agree with what someone posts, that's ok.  Yet there is no need to attack the poster or be rude. 

You are saying I need to take a deep breath because I find it sad that the poster to whom I responded said "...even if she went to the neighbors for an hour or so..."?  Sorry, but visiting w/neighbors w/young ones in the home (hypthetically speaking) is pretty dern sad in my book.

I don't think or know if anyone but the teenage caretaker and/or father knows whether the children were left alone that fateful night.

In any case, children shouldn't be left alone.  If you think my notions are so outlandish as to require me to take a "deep breath", call your own jurisdictions CPS and ask them re. the statutes concerning supervision of children.   Again, my remarks were addressed to an earlier poster who said that the teenager was not responsible for Haleighs disappearance, "...even if she went to the neighbors for an hour or so..."

I'm sorry if you think I was being mean, but someone dropped the ball while looking after Haleigh.  Its not like she was taken at gunpoint.  I'm not sure why the caretaker gets a pass for possibly not living up to her responsibility "...even if she went to the neighbors for an hour or so."  Of course we don't know she did leave.  But its sounds like many of you think its okay if she did leave the kids alone.   I find that very sad.

No, that's not why I suggested you take a deep breath.  I suggested that for your own good health.  We can get passionate about these things and others, and sometimes get ourselves so worked up, that for our own good health it's good to take a deep breath, go for a walk, take a break.  Something like that. 

I'm not siding with anyone in this.  Just saying that there's no reason to be rude while trying to get your point across. 

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1408 on: March 07, 2009, 10:26:38 AM »

Interresting, thanks for posting.  Most of these types of reports turn out to be nothing but hopefully they will check it out anyway.
lilymarie
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1409 on: March 07, 2009, 10:28:40 AM »

There is also a nice interactive map of the area here:

http://www.gainesville.com/section/NEWS0810

Seriously, thanks for this one!! I missed it.

GramaMonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1410 on: March 07, 2009, 10:32:22 AM »

If she were removed from the home immediately
(or within  around the first 2 hrs)
there would be no cadaver scent for the K-9's to follow or alert on.

From what I understand, and feel free to correct me if I am wrong, it takes approximately 2 hours for the scent of death to become discernible to the dogs.

What bothers me is that when someone dies their bodily functions release and they urinate and sometimes their bowels release.  Urine at this point would not give off a decomp scent imo.
You are correct on the bodily function release.  There is also a lot of gasses, thus the stories you hear about moaning and sitting up after death.

Also, a dog can distinguish one live person from another.  However, they cannot distinguish decomp smells (one dead person smells just like another). 
If I understand correctly - there were two different kinds of canine searches. (1) In the beginning there was no reason to suspect Haleigh wasn't alive so they brought out tracking dogs. These dogs tracked her live scent to the water (I don't know if they tracked her scent anywhere else?) They may have brought out cadaver canines in the beginning as well. (2) Later in the investigation (2 weeks?) they brought out the cadaver canines who then alerted on the dumpster.

These two types of trained canines do not do both types of searches. They either track a live scent and can track a specific smell of a person - or they are different dogs that track the scent of cadavers and only can tell if there is decomposition of a human but not "which" human.

I may be wrong?

If the scent led to the end of the doc, wonder if the dogs searched the shorelines, both sides of that waterways.

littleone
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1411 on: March 07, 2009, 10:35:29 AM »

Mornin everyone!!
I hope today is the day that Haleigh is finally brought home!! It is hard to believe that here we all are again-searching for another precious littleone.  She has been gone far too long, imo. 

Warning: NEVER~and I mean NEVER try to keep a secret from Rob. He is SNOOPY and will find it in 30 seconds. (Someone could/should have told me)
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1412 on: March 07, 2009, 10:40:07 AM »

Mornin everyone!!
I hope today is the day that Haleigh is finally brought home!! It is hard to believe that here we all are again-searching for another precious littleone.  She has been gone far too long, imo. 

have i told you that you are the most beautiful woman i have ever seen and that i love you with all my heart - that i love you today more than yesterday - that i hope someday you are my wife? have i toldya all that today?...shhhh- don't tell anyone - thats juss for us... i love you my angel and i could never imagine my life without you  

Truth, Justice and the American Way.

+++

~ livin' the life I was born to live - givin' it all I've got to give ~
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #1413 on: March 07, 2009, 10:42:16 AM »

Grandma said that one of the things that needs to be with Haleigh is missing. LE doesn't know what she is talking about, they showed her the receipts of what they took, and it's not there. I would have no idea what this is, maybe medicine, who knows? But if a stranger came in the stranger wouldn't know what this item is, and take it along with Haleigh. Now if this is some sort of revenge thing going on, and even if this person has been in the trailer numerous times, I doubt if this person would take it along with Haleigh. Just more questions, and little answers.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1414 on: March 07, 2009, 10:47:38 AM »

Mornin everyone!!

Hi Littleone!  It bothers me we hear nothing about new searches in this case.  I'd love for her to turn up alive in another state like the woman's dream.
alagary
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1415 on: March 07, 2009, 11:03:35 AM »

Grandma said that one of the things that needs to be with Haleigh is missing. LE doesn't know what she is talking about, they showed her the receipts of what they took, and it's not there. I would have no idea what this is, maybe medicine, who knows? But if a stranger came in the stranger wouldn't know what this item is, and take it along with Haleigh. Now if this is some sort of revenge thing going on, and even if this person has been in the trailer numerous times, I doubt if this person would take it along with Haleigh. Just more questions, and little answers.
Has anyone seen guesses on other site about what this item might be ?
littleone
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1416 on: March 07, 2009, 11:04:55 AM »

Mornin everyone!!

have i told you that you are the most beautiful woman i have ever seen and that i love you with all my heart - that i love you today more than yesterday - that i hope someday you are my wife? have i toldya all that today?...shhhh- don't tell anyone - thats juss for us... i love you my angel and i could never imagine my life without you  

Mornin Rob-
Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts on the case with all of us!

Have I told you today-that you are the man of my dreams? That you are the most handsome man in the whole world? That you have a heart the size of Texas? I am really the luckiest angel gurl alive! I am blessed-....I love you Mr. Rob!

Warning: NEVER~and I mean NEVER try to keep a secret from Rob. He is SNOOPY and will find it in 30 seconds. (Someone could/should have told me)
littleone
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1417 on: March 07, 2009, 11:07:55 AM »

Mornin everyone!!

Hi Littleone!  It bothers me we hear nothing about new searches in this case.  I'd love for her to turn up alive in another state like the woman's dream.

Mornin Klaas!!
So nice to "see" you!! It bothers me alot also that there aren't any searches for Haleigh. The silence from LE is deafening.  And tonight is Saturday, I am sure that GR will have some more "earth shattering " news for all of us. Sad !! 

jules3699
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1418 on: March 07, 2009, 11:08:34 AM »

Has anyone seen guesses on other site about what this item might be ?

I think it might be an inhaler

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1419 on: March 07, 2009, 11:12:03 AM »

Mornin everyone!!

Mornin Klaas!!
So nice to "see" you!! It bothers me alot also that there aren't any searches for Haleigh. The silence from LE is deafening.  And tonight is Saturday, I am sure that GR will have some more "earth shattering " news for all of us. Sad !! 

Honestly, the last time I enjoyed watching GR he was getting knocked down by a wave 

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.