April 26, 2024, 06:14:47 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Haleigh Cummings #4 3/04/09 - 3/08/09  (Read 297555 times)
lilymarie
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1440 on: March 07, 2009, 12:06:19 PM »

LilyMarie - yes it is on Youtube, let me get it for you 

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/FziScjyf4Ic&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/FziScjyf4Ic&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1</a>

<giggle, giggle, giggle><side hurts><oh gosh><WHEW!> I know I got us off topic but holy cow THANKS! How could I have missed this? I live very close to Galveston? I guess I was busy stocking up on Ike supplies.

What's so funny about Peace, Love & Understanding?
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1441 on: March 07, 2009, 12:06:20 PM »

Grandma said that one of the things that needs to be with Haleigh is missing. LE doesn't know what she is talking about, they showed her the receipts of what they took, and it's not there. I would have no idea what this is, maybe medicine, who knows? But if a stranger came in the stranger wouldn't know what this item is, and take it along with Haleigh. Now if this is some sort of revenge thing going on, and even if this person has been in the trailer numerous times, I doubt if this person would take it along with Haleigh. Just more questions, and little answers.
Has anyone seen guesses on other site about what this item might be ?

I think it might be an inhaler
I saw that it might be an inhaler, or medicine, or some other item that she might need because of her medical condition. Just guesses, is all I've seen.

Haleigh has a lazy left eye, as reported by family.  Could she have worn glasses at times, to help correct this? 

I believe that is a symptom of Turner's Disease (the smaller, lazy left eye she has). I have not seen her in any pictures with glasses. Not even sunglasses, IIRC.

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #1442 on: March 07, 2009, 12:10:08 PM »

Grandma said that one of the things that needs to be with Haleigh is missing. LE doesn't know what she is talking about, they showed her the receipts of what they took, and it's not there. I would have no idea what this is, maybe medicine, who knows? But if a stranger came in the stranger wouldn't know what this item is, and take it along with Haleigh. Now if this is some sort of revenge thing going on, and even if this person has been in the trailer numerous times, I doubt if this person would take it along with Haleigh. Just more questions, and little answers.

This is interesting, NoRose, and likely an important clue.  IMO.  And what you said is true, a stranger coming in wouldn't know about this item.  So that leaves a couple of other possibilities. 

Someone who knows she needed it, and took it along with the intention of keeping her alive. 

Someone knows she needed it, and removed it to make it 'appear' that they had her best interests at heart.  This could also be if someone staged the whole thing and saw it afterward and got rid of it. 

Someone taking Haleigh out of revenge for something that someone else had done, might not have thought of taking it.  Unless Haleigh herself was awake and said she needed it.  Or... unless Misty was awake and said, no wait, she needs this. 

Can anyone think of any other possibilities? 

You summed that well, imo. One thought is, if it was an inhalor, and we don't know what Haleigh was wearing, she may have had it in her pocket. The only reason I say that is I sometimes carry my inhalor in my pocket, though I will say never to bed, just thought I'd through it out there.
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1443 on: March 07, 2009, 12:10:39 PM »

I stand corrected. Here is a picture of her wearing sunglasses:

But I have not seen any with her wearing corrective glasses.

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1444 on: March 07, 2009, 12:13:44 PM »

Has anyone seen guesses on other site about what this item might be ?

I think it might be an inhaler
I saw that it might be an inhaler, or medicine, or some other item that she might need because of her medical condition. Just guesses, is all I've seen.

Haleigh has a lazy left eye, as reported by family.  Could she have worn glasses at times, to help correct this? 

I believe that is a symptom of Turner's Disease (the smaller, lazy left eye she has). I have not seen her in any pictures with glasses. Not even sunglasses, IIRC.

Yep, and I haven't seen her in pics wearing glasses either.  Doesn't mean she didn't have them tho.  Might have just worn them at school or for reading, I dunno.  The treatment to help correct a lazy eye in young children is glasses.  Later on it's contacts, patches and/or surgery.  Just suggesting she might have had glasses, whether or not she liked to wear them.   

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
lilymarie
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1445 on: March 07, 2009, 12:17:14 PM »

This just makes my heart break and my brain hurt. Who is the monster that took Haleigh out of her happy little life? Who took her and where is she?

Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1446 on: March 07, 2009, 12:17:58 PM »

Meanwhile, the tent and camper set up in front of a home on Tyler Street where the Cummings family has maintained a vigil for Haleigh will be removed by order of the county, Teresa Neves, Haleigh's paternal grandmother, said.

"You can have a 14-day permit, but campers and tents are only allowed in campgrounds," she said Friday.

"Basically they said we are breaking the law because we are not in a campground."

She said she was hoping there would be enough parking at her mother's house in Welaka so the family could move the tent there.

"I think we will have the vigil Sunday at 5:30 p.m. then move Sunday night," she said.

from: http://www.palatkadailynews.com/articles/2009/03/07/news/news01.txt

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1447 on: March 07, 2009, 12:19:39 PM »

You summed that well, imo. One thought is, if it was an inhalor, and we don't know what Haleigh was wearing, she may have had it in her pocket. The only reason I say that is I sometimes carry my inhalor in my pocket, though I will say never to bed, just thought I'd through it out there.

Thanks!  It's a good thought you had, that the inhaler may have been in her pocket.  She may have always carried one with her, to have immediately as needed, even at bedtime in case she woke up and needed it.  If one of my kids had needed one I'd probably have made sure they had it at all times.  It's really scary to need one and not be able to find it. 

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1448 on: March 07, 2009, 12:21:11 PM »

Thanks, Brandi. And talking about that supposed lost item, maybe it was found on one of the searches, and LE is not saying anything.
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1449 on: March 07, 2009, 12:21:57 PM »

Such a cutie!  Thanks for finding that Brandi.  And yeah, sunglasses are different.  She might have had glasses for school in her backpack tho. 

lilymarie
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1450 on: March 07, 2009, 12:23:23 PM »

http://www.palatkadailynews.com/articles/2009/03/07/news/news01.txt

A report by the Putnam County Sheriff's Office says Croslin last saw Haleigh about 10:30 p.m. Feb. 9 when she went to bed with the children.

"Neither of the children slept in their rooms," Sykes said Friday. "They wouldn't sleep by themselves."

In Cummings' and Croslin's room, where Haleigh slept on a small mattress next to her father's bed, her favorite DVD was still in a player next to a television above her bed.

Sykes said Croslin got up to use the bathroom about 3 a.m. Feb. 10 and Haleigh was missing. Sykes walked to a door that leads from the kitchen through a laundry room and to a side door.

"This is the door, the back door where they took her out," she said. "You have to push on the door really hard because that's the way they put it in there. A block had the screen door propped open and the back door was wide open."

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1451 on: March 07, 2009, 12:23:57 PM »

Meanwhile, the tent and camper set up in front of a home on Tyler Street where the Cummings family has maintained a vigil for Haleigh will be removed by order of the county, Teresa Neves, Haleigh's paternal grandmother, said.

"You can have a 14-day permit, but campers and tents are only allowed in campgrounds," she said Friday.

"Basically they said we are breaking the law because we are not in a campground."

She said she was hoping there would be enough parking at her mother's house in Welaka so the family could move the tent there.

"I think we will have the vigil Sunday at 5:30 p.m. then move Sunday night," she said.

Gosh.  One would think that a temporary exception to that law could have been made in this case.   

lilymarie
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1452 on: March 07, 2009, 12:27:47 PM »

Gosh.  One would think that a temporary exception to that law could have been made in this case.   

ya why wouldn't they temporarily figure sumthin' out?

Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1453 on: March 07, 2009, 12:28:17 PM »

Thanks, Brandi. And talking about that supposed lost item, maybe it was found on one of the searches, and LE is not saying anything.

It sure is frustrating to me that LE seems to have nothing to go on.

I just pasted these notes to my time line for yesterday from news articles:

This week, the Putnam County Sheriff's Office tells us they have five officers assigned to this case who are working it around the clock.
There is still a lot to be done in this case. Police tell us they are no closer now to finding Haleigh than they were 24 days ago. In the meantime, they're still following up on leads and tips that continue to come in.

Very sad.

I sure hope Rob's suggestion that she may never be found is wrong. But it is looking more and more possible with each passing day.

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1454 on: March 07, 2009, 12:37:19 PM »

This week, the Putnam County Sheriff's Office tells us they have five officers assigned to this case who are working it around the clock.
There is still a lot to be done in this case. Police tell us they are no closer now to finding Haleigh than they were 24 days ago. In the meantime, they're still following up on leads and tips that continue to come in.

Very sad.

I sure hope Rob's suggestion that she may never be found is wrong. But it is looking more and more possible with each passing day.

I'm beginning to think she may not be found, but I didn't think Caylee was going to be found either. Again so much water around, that is my concern.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1455 on: March 07, 2009, 12:50:10 PM »

So, Haleigh has Turner's Syndrome, and likely takes growth hormones, which if not taken could mean physical problems for her. 

And it seems she has asthma, so very likely had an inhaler, maybe other meds too. 

Here's an interesting article on TS, and the comments posted below it are about Haleigh. 

http://affiliate.kickapps.com/service/displayDiscussionThreads.kickAction?as=72667&w=192227&d=172734

Wondering maybe if Haleigh has asthma, she might use a nebuliser? 
"• Nebulisers

Nebuliser is a device that converts drug solution into a mist or aerosol of very tiny fine particles that are ready for direct inhalation into the lungs. "

http://www.win-health.com/respiratory-aids.html

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1456 on: March 07, 2009, 12:52:08 PM »

<snipped> http://www.jacksonville.com/news/metro/2009-03-06/story/putnam_sheriff_keeps_search_for_haleigh_going_strong
Haleigh case puts new Putnam sheriff to the test
Jeff Hardy leads his department's transition while coordinating efforts to find the missing 5-year-old

By Dana Treen
Story updated at 10:32 AM on Friday, Mar. 6, 2009

"We're trying not to miss anything," Hardy said. "Some of this stuff, we're going back three, four, five, six, seven times and we'll continue."

Family members of the missing girl said investigators are keeping them in the loop.

"I think they are doing everything that they can," said Marie Griffis, Haleigh's grandmother. So far, it appears that little evidence has been unearthed. She wishes the detective assigned to keep her daughter, Crystal Sheffield, informed could say if any leads have been productive.

"I've got a zillion questions I would like to ask him," she said. "But I know he can't answer."

Sometimes the hard truths have been evasive.

One seemingly undisputed fact - that Haleigh was wearing a pink top when she disappeared - crumbled. Nearly a week after it was included in a statewide Amber Alert, Croslin found the top in a laundry pile when detectives allowed her back to the mobile home for the first time.

Croslin's own recollection of events surrounding the disappearance shifted, from a description of sleeping in the same bed with Haleigh to an explanation that she was really across the room.

New developments, tips and lie detector tests have sometimes turned into nothing more than sidetracks.

When cadaver dogs hit on a construction trash bin about a tenth of a mile from Cummings' double-wide, investigators rebuffed questions about the intensity of earlier searches at the site. The arrest of a nearby sex predator on a curfew violation got a lot of attention, but tracking devices indicate he wasn't near the Cummings home when Haleigh disappeared.

A visiting cousin who left Putnam that day for Tennessee also generated suspicions. But the Sheriff's Office said he was questioned and not a suspect, though, like family members and others, he's subject to be interviewed again.

As the case draws toward its one-month mark, investigators say only that they continue to follow its twists and turns and intend to see it through to the end.

Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1457 on: March 07, 2009, 12:56:24 PM »

Very sad.

I'm beginning to think she may not be found, but I didn't think Caylee was going to be found either. Again so much water around, that is my concern.

in my humble opinion, these cases are entirely different and Caylee was right where a mother would have PUT her. In fact the body of a child is often found in the home and not hidden at all. When the body is hidden - it's hidden in plain sight.. sorry to say - but Caylee shoulda been found long before she was. (And I realize Tim said the area was underwater)... but the areas around the house are always first - not cell towers out by the airport cause she was pinged from here to Kalamazoo.

Truth, Justice and the American Way.

+++

~ livin' the life I was born to live - givin' it all I've got to give ~
Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1458 on: March 07, 2009, 01:01:58 PM »

Hi Rob. How are Carpe and Frank, Ok I hope. I think of them often, along with Robots and Angie. And some other Monkeys that I don't see here any more.   
numbersgirl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1459 on: March 07, 2009, 01:05:01 PM »

Sorry for the O/T everyone....

Rob...it's so great to see you again.       I hope you'll be able to spend a little more time here in the future.  I've learned so much from your posts...even went back and read some of your old ones just to get a better understanding of how to think on some issues that come up....also, I loved your advice about computer stuff!  You rock!

PS...not to seem like a groupie or anything 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.