March 28, 2024, 06:28:33 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Haleigh Cummings #4 3/04/09 - 3/08/09  (Read 295679 times)
TxLady2
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1660 on: March 08, 2009, 11:44:52 AM »

This is hearbreaking and I hope it's not so. I think Ron knows Haleigh is deceased. Like anyone I can be wrong and hope I am here. (I was stuck on Natalee Holloway alive when she first went missing)

Ron has referred to Haleigh in the past tense.  "I'd give my life for my child's life back" (not my CHILD BACK) (day one)

And Misty did as well; "I loved her like she was my own")

Also he seems to have appeared to move on - or at best, he's thinking only of himself. "No one will leave me alone to do what I want to do. There's always a camera in my face"

IMO, shades of Casey Anthony..... "Everything has been taken from me." Why is that, Casey?

His pleas for Haleigh sound like they are an after-thought and being recited.... in my opinion.

In some initial interviews, IIRC, there are few and far between (if any) pleas made for Haleigh's return; Then the regular pleas came later. Some of the initial interviews were laden with where he was (at work or some version of those words - at work - making a living... not home... - doing his best at work - not home from work - just got home from work - right after I got home from work IOW.. NOT there) and she was asleep.... in different places.... before she got up to do.... different things. (per their own words in interview clips) IOW, where he was seemed his focus in the statements.

Head gear in place.

Good post. I have thought the same things. And his reluctance to go on the media now, because as his mom says, he's been "beaten up pretty bad" by them. Well, has he thought of what Haleigh might be going through? I would not care how bad anyone in the media beat on me, I would be in front of that camera every day begging for my child back! I would be answering questions, and trying to help people sort things out. He needs to be a man about it, and it appears he's hiding behind mom's shirt. Maybe that's not the case, but it appears that way to many people.
I don't want to think he or Misty had anything to do with this directly, but it bothers me that so many things are left for us to wonder about, and it looks like the news coverage is dwindling down.

Be who you are and say what you think; because those that matter won't mind.. and those that mind, don't matter.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1661 on: March 08, 2009, 11:48:00 AM »

Sorry Muffy.     I did take it to musings. 

And am sending myself to the corner now.    

Wyks~  I hope you see this:  You were never in the corner.   Just so monkeys know and understand,  it's okay to make an announcement in here, especially if it might be really important news.  I wasn't after you.  It was the discussion on the subject of Mexico/borders and etc. that came after, which doesn't belong in missing persons threads. 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
TxLady2
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1662 on: March 08, 2009, 11:54:01 AM »

errr ... ummm, can a monkey please give me a reason why LE would remove sections of the wall where the hot water heater is located???   

Sorry if someone else already said this & that I am so far behind, but I heard Mrs.Neves say in one interview that they took the panel covering the hot water heater  & the wood surrounding the bathtub, looking for little Haleigh.

In some cases, LE will take a section of wall or floor when they want to preserve a handprint or footprint as evidence. I am guessing that they might have been looking for hiding places where a person could stash a small body, though, because I read that they removed a panel under the garden tub too. I'm sure there could have been cases in the past where a person might report someone was kidnapped, and LE found the body hidden in the house somewhere, but the point is, they have to think of any possibility. They were looking for Haleigh, not necessarily where SHE might hide, but where someone could have hidden her.

Be who you are and say what you think; because those that matter won't mind.. and those that mind, don't matter.
janetruth
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1663 on: March 08, 2009, 11:59:04 AM »

Gosh I hate to see the personal attacks based upon appearance (right after a daughter goes missing). To call these folks "addicts", etc. is just not.....well......I can see that I'm gonna offend some people so I'll stop here. I hate to think how watery my eyes would be, how stringy my hair might look and how much cursing and irrational behavior I might demonstrate if I were to find my child missing right out of her bed.

I know I will eat my words if R and/or M turn out to be responsible for Haleigh's disappearance. And I will, I promise. But I was on another forum that crucified Mark Lunsford for rumors and appearance - and it turns out that this guy is a very good man.

Peace, love & understanding. Lily

I was one of those who was rather hard on Lunsford.  I still think his choices at the time contributed to Jessica's demise.  He was 40-ish, and living with his parents (to help them out, it was said--I think it was mutual).  They did not, for whatever reason, give him a key to their home.  It may have been rumour that it was because they didn't want his friends in their house, and, if I were them, I would feel the same.  He used to visit his girlfriend in the middle of the night, and get home before his parents and Jessica woke in the morning.  While he was gone, he left the door open.  Couey, a very observant predator, living across the street, took note, and just went in through the open door and snatched Jessica, without waking her grandparents or the dog (who was old and deaf, as I recall).

I do see possible parallels to this case.

In the years following Jessica's murder, I think Mark Lunsford has turned his life around and become the man he should have been all along.  He is occasionally on a news broadcast, promoting Jessica's Law, and he looks much better than he did at the time.

To sum up, just as with Lunsford, I think that the lifestyle choices made by the Cummings and Misty have contributed to Haleigh's disappearance.

If Misty did leave the home, and leave the kids alone, and if a predator went in and snatched Haleigh, she would need police protection from Ron in order to admit to that.  Because, IMO, he woulld kill her if he ever came to think that she did that.
luckyday
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1664 on: March 08, 2009, 12:03:02 PM »

Too many posts to quote, so please bear w/me.

The "hobo" comment gave me a laugh. I also agree that scenario is prolly unlikely.

As far as HL's matress, either on Greta or NG on Friday, it showed HL's room with a brass headboard/frame and no matress. The matress was in the master bedroom.

As far as the nookie comment, we can only hope not much action was going on around the sleeping children. Maybe Ron slept in another room after getting off work at 3am?

I think LE was not only looking for a body behind the walls or the hot water heater, but any evidence of foul play; ie drugs/gun/knife/plastic bags, etc.

The chloraform comment is interesting. One would have to be living under a rock not to have read all the details re: chloraform and the Anthony case. So, technically, a perv/drug dealer/kidnapper could have gotten the idea from the Anthony media circus.

Some kids like to sleep close to the parents. I feel it stems from not nipping this in the bud when they are infants.

Mark Twain:
Always tell the truth. That way, you don't have to remember what you said.
luckyday
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1665 on: March 08, 2009, 12:07:48 PM »

If Misty did leave the home, and leave the kids alone, and if a predator went in and snatched Haleigh, she would need police protection from Ron in order to admit to that.  Because, IMO, he would kill her if he ever came to think that she did that.
ITA, Unless Ron knew of her nightly or semi-nightly outings to go fetch drugs for him to enjoy on his return at 3 am after a 10 hour shift of hard labor. If that is the case (pure speculation here - but what else do we have??) then he would not be likely to "throw her under the bus" literally or figuratively.

Mark Twain:
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1666 on: March 08, 2009, 12:10:03 PM »

We don't know that he and Misty are actual addicts tho
True, and I say that only because I don't know them personally (Thank God) but if they are NOT drug addicts, they both must be extremely unhealthy. They both look(ed) like hell - pale, watery eyes, bags, tired, slurring words, hysterics, cussing, screaming, forgetful, etc.  OR - could be due to the loss of HL.

Am so glad I wasn't reading forums or posting in them back during the Jessica Lunsford case, cuz I totally jumped the gun and judged Mark (the dad) based on his appearance, etc.  I had him pegged from the start.  And to my chagrin, he turned out to be a very nice man who had nothing to do with what happened to his daughter.  In fact, at the trial, he showed a LOT of class, patience, and self-control.  While I would likely have hopped that rail several times and choked the crapola out of that horrific perp.  As it turns out, I greatly admire Mark now. 

So I have to stop and think about that, in this case.  While I hear ya, luckyday, I just don't want to go with Ron and Misty (on appearances) the way I did with Mark.   Am gonna try to give them the benefit of the doubt for now. 

Their words and actions tho, that's another story.  Will continue to sift thru those until it all makes sense. 

wonder how well any of us would look if our little 5 yr old girl was missing? hair all done, makeup on...perfectly coiffed?  I think not....sad that appearances of parents are entering into this discussion really....If they looked perfect then some would criticize that too.. And I might add, the other side of the family doesn't look much better than Ron and Misty as one would expect in a situation of the abduction of a child..

fatcatlurker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1667 on: March 08, 2009, 12:12:59 PM »

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/local/news-article.aspx?storyid=131654&catid=3

Another old article with some notes about the trailer from the owners/previous neighbors of Haleigh;

SATSUMA, FL -- Rocking on the front porch.

It's one way Phyllis and Donald Bard pass the time, waiting on word about their missing neighbor, 5-year-old Haleigh Cummings.

"She and the little boy would come up to me when I was out at the clothes line. I'd talk with them," Mrs. Bard said. "They're just delightful. She's adorable!"

The Bards own the trailer Haleigh lives in now in Satsuma. Mrs. Bard said Haleigh and her father and brother moved into the double wide in November.

The Bards also own the trailer Haleigh, her brother, and her father -- Ronald Cummings -- lived in over the summer.

Mr. Bard says Haleigh's father's life revolved around his children.

"When the other house around the corner became available, which was a three bedroom, [Cummings] told the property managers -- without seeing the house -- 'I'll take it.' He needed a three bedroom, for his children," Mr. Bard explained.

A wooded area separates the Bards from Haleigh's home. They said they didn't hear or see anything the night Haleigh disappeared.

The Bards added that it would not have been pitch black in Haleigh's house because of two skylights.

Mr. Bard said, "That night there was a full moon and so there would still have been a potential with the skylights that a person could have seen to navigate the house."

The house sits empty now. It's still roped off with crime scene tape.

And just down the road, the Bards rock...and wait...and hope.

"It's very frustrating because what else can you do," Mrs. Bard said. "You just pray they find her and that she's safe."

Haleigh disappeared from her home in Satsuma and was last seen February 9th.

islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

HaLeigh~you are loved and in God's loving arms

« Reply #1668 on: March 08, 2009, 12:13:56 PM »

If you know something - spill it - maybe I can really help... but saying stuff like Ron is a pussy and crap like that is not endearing me to your words or posts...
Wow. W/all due respect, is it a prerequisite that any post written here has to endear others???

And yes, would like to know who this is written to???

I inquired right after it was posted, because I didn't see anything in that post that called RC a P..........nor, do I feel the need to endear myself to a specific person. We all bring our own ideas, past experiences etc to SM and no one should feel like their opinion is "discounted" because they haven't been around long enough

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1669 on: March 08, 2009, 12:14:55 PM »

Sorry Muffy.     I did take it to musings. 

And am sending myself to the corner now.    

Wyks~  I hope you see this:  You were never in the corner.   Just so monkeys know and understand,  it's okay to make an announcement in here, especially if it might be really important news.  I wasn't after you.  It was the discussion on the subject of Mexico/borders and etc. that came after, which doesn't belong in missing persons threads. 

Thanks Muffy!  It was a self-imposed corner sit, cuz I know better than to post something that would likely derail a thread, (even tho an important news item).  I could have at the very least made mention of let's discuss this in musings.  Am SO glad that you and the other mods and admin are soooooo very patient and understanding with us!   

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
janetruth
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1670 on: March 08, 2009, 12:15:08 PM »

True, and I say that only because I don't know them personally (Thank God) but if they are NOT drug addicts, they both must be extremely unhealthy. They both look(ed) like hell - pale, watery eyes, bags, tired, slurring words, hysterics, cussing, screaming, forgetful, etc.  OR - could be due to the loss of HL.

Am so glad I wasn't reading forums or posting in them back during the Jessica Lunsford case, cuz I totally jumped the gun and judged Mark (the dad) based on his appearance, etc.  I had him pegged from the start.  And to my chagrin, he turned out to be a very nice man who had nothing to do with what happened to his daughter.  In fact, at the trial, he showed a LOT of class, patience, and self-control.  While I would likely have hopped that rail several times and choked the crapola out of that horrific perp.  As it turns out, I greatly admire Mark now. 

So I have to stop and think about that, in this case.  While I hear ya, luckyday, I just don't want to go with Ron and Misty (on appearances) the way I did with Mark.   Am gonna try to give them the benefit of the doubt for now. 

Their words and actions tho, that's another story.  Will continue to sift thru those until it all makes sense. 

wonder how well any of us would look if our little 5 yr old girl was missing? hair all done, makeup on...perfectly coiffed?  I think not....sad that appearances of parents are entering into this discussion really....If they looked perfect then some would criticize that too.. And I might add, the other side of the family doesn't look much better than Ron and Misty as one would expect in a situation of the abduction of a child..

Most people don't even think about how they look, in these circumstances.  When Madelaine McCann disappeared, her parents were criticized on the boards for paying too much attention to their appearance. 

Face it, when a child goes missing, the only one we are not going to suspect is the child.
luckyday
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1671 on: March 08, 2009, 12:18:52 PM »

sad that appearances of parents are entering into this discussion really
I really don't care what the parents look like - only their inconsistancies/criminal records and speech patterns. Period.

Mark Twain:
fatcatlurker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1672 on: March 08, 2009, 12:19:43 PM »

If Misty did leave the home, and leave the kids alone, and if a predator went in and snatched Haleigh, she would need police protection from Ron in order to admit to that.  Because, IMO, he would kill her if he ever came to think that she did that.
ITA, Unless Ron knew of her nightly or semi-nightly outings to go fetch drugs for him to enjoy on his return at 3 am after a 10 hour shift of hard labor. If that is the case (pure speculation here - but what else do we have??) then he would not be likely to "throw her under the bus" literally or figuratively.

I like this and my only but is we have seen/heard of how controlling and possessive Ron is and I don't see him allowing Misty to do this w/out a key and locking the doors.  But I certainly think she may have done it w/out a key w/out his knowledge and is scared shitless about that truth coming out. But JMO.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #1673 on: March 08, 2009, 12:20:19 PM »

If you know something - spill it - maybe I can really help... but saying stuff like Ron is a pussy and crap like that is not endearing me to your words or posts...
Wow. W/all due respect, is it a prerequisite that any post written here has to endear others???

I inquired right after it was posted, because I didn't see anything in that post that called RC a P..........nor, do I feel the need to endear myself to a specific person. We all bring our own ideas, past experiences etc to SM and no one should feel like their opinion is "discounted" because they haven't been around long enough
Yes, I agree. And also I have kept myself quiet on observations of the families appearances, but I do believe it is human nature to make comments on that as well as life style. Just saying for example on the Caylee threads all the talk of that family, their appearance, their behavior, etc.
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1674 on: March 08, 2009, 12:22:29 PM »

errr ... ummm, can a monkey please give me a reason why LE would remove sections of the wall where the hot water heater is located???   

Sorry if someone else already said this & that I am so far behind, but I heard Mrs.Neves say in one interview that they took the panel covering the hot water heater  & the wood surrounding the bathtub, looking for little Haleigh.

In some cases, LE will take a section of wall or floor when they want to preserve a handprint or footprint as evidence. I am guessing that they might have been looking for hiding places where a person could stash a small body, though, because I read that they removed a panel under the garden tub too. I'm sure there could have been cases in the past where a person might report someone was kidnapped, and LE found the body hidden in the house somewhere, but the point is, they have to think of any possibility. They were looking for Haleigh, not necessarily where SHE might hide, but where someone could have hidden her.

Good points, TxLady! 

I lived in an old house before, and for the first time in my life saw how much room there actually is around a tub.  Our bottom cupboard in the bathroom didn't have a panel/wall between that area, and I was amazed at how much room there was in there!  Had to block it off so that my cats didn't go wandering in there sometime. 

So now, I can totally understand why LE would look in a place like that, cuz a body the size of Haleigh actually would have fit in there. 

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1675 on: March 08, 2009, 12:26:11 PM »

I like this and my only but is we have seen/heard of how controlling and possessive Ron is and I don't see him allowing Misty to do this w/out a key and locking the doors.  But I certainly think she may have done it w/out a key w/out his knowledge and is scared shitless about that truth coming out. But JMO.

That's where I'm leaning myself..........also I'd like to say drug use/abuse surpasses all socioeconomic borders, I've known plenty from the super wealthy, to just your average joe.

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
fatcatlurker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1676 on: March 08, 2009, 12:27:15 PM »

Another article w/interesting tidbits potentially overlooked in the area of the train:

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/local/news-article.aspx?storyid=131653&catid=3

Radio Transmissions on the Night Haleigh Vanished
Posted By: Gary Detman     Created: 2/18/2009 5:38:36 PM    Updated: 2/19/2009 6:54:32 AM Radio Transmissions on the Night Haleigh Vanished

SATSUMA, FL -- Newly released radio transmissions shed more light on the night Haleigh Cummings vanished from her bedroom.

A 'signal 8,' which is police chatter for a missing person, alerted deputies to 202 Green Lane, Haleigh's home.

"I got the age on this kid," said one deputy. "Is it a boy or a girl?"

"Whiskey Foxtrot," said dispatch. It's code for white female. "Last seen wearing her PJs."

Deputies swarm her neighborhood and take note of the railroad tracks. Dispatch informs them a train just passed through.

More deputies respond, some need directions from dispatchers. And the sheriff's office works to get dogs and helicopters to the scene.

"Stay at the residence," said one deputy to a colleague. "Maintain that point of access in reference to the canine and do another thorough search from inside the house."

©2009 First Coast News. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, rewritten, or redistributed.

Train just passed thru according to dispatch for those working on the train angle.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #1677 on: March 08, 2009, 12:29:46 PM »

Thought this was interesting, in the basement at WS one of the new posters, who lives in this mobile home park, is saying the owner of the trailer that Ron is living in, you would have to know where the light switch is in order to turn on the kitchen light. If you didn't you would have no idea where it is at. I find that rather strange, I mean it couldn't be that hidden could it? 
lilymarie
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1678 on: March 08, 2009, 12:30:07 PM »

I would look like hell if this had happened to me. I'm sure that you would mistake me as some strung-out tweeking crack-no. And I prefer to judge folks based upon their actions not their appearances or their lifestyle. While you may not be the type of parents that like to have their very young children close to you at night - many do. Lots of parents share sleeping arrangements out of sheer convenience. There is the very real possibility that because Ron wasn't around at night and this just seemed to be a better way for them all to get a good night sleep to go to school. Misty is only 17 so this may have been a more comfortable method for her to watch the kids. There is absolutely no substantiation of any rumors that there were ANY drugs found during this investigation. They have been surrounded by LE and I highly doubt that there is any opportunity for them to be feeding any "addiction" and I don't buy the "addict" label.

I think there is obvious proof that Ron has a past record. And that is fair game. But can it not be possible that since he was working a full-time job and from many reports had gotten his act together that bashing his character is a little....ummmm.....wrong?

I find it almost astonishing that the rumors - that were proven wrong - about Mark Lunsford continue to be repeated. This man was living with his parents - you don't know why - but by all accounts it was the best arrangement for him, Jessica and the parents all the way around. Heaven forbid that he is human - and after waiting for his daughter to go to sleep - spent some adult time with another adult. Returning home before his daughter even woke up. Seemingly safe with her grandparents. Of course hindsite is 20/20 - who would have ever thought that a predator was watching his every move and an incredible series of bad events and bad luck would befall him and his daughter.

Remember that Elizabeth Smart was snatched right from under her family's noses with her sister right there in the room. It doesn't take a family living a lifestyle that you don't approve of to have this happen to them. IT COULD HAPPEN TO YOU TOO.

What's so funny about Peace, Love & Understanding?
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1679 on: March 08, 2009, 12:31:06 PM »

Yes, I agree. And also I have kept myself quiet on observations of the families appearances, but I do believe it is human nature to make comments on that as well as life style. Just saying for example on the Caylee threads all the talk of that family, their appearance, their behavior, etc.

I agree, personally I remember looking at the Jon Benet Ramsey family and wondering if they had inadvertantly put her in the spotlight for some sick perv who get's off on little girls dresses up like adults, the Anthony family and the absurd stories they were spinning, same with Drew Peterson, etc. Although, I never felt Mark Lunsford was guilty of harming his child, and I think it was due to how direct he was in his interviews, to me he came across very believeable. I honestly can't remember many cases where the parents haven't come under scrutiny for at least a brief period of time.

[
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.