April 25, 2024, 03:20:43 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Haleigh Cummings #4 3/04/09 - 3/08/09  (Read 297462 times)
rana
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1820 on: March 08, 2009, 05:02:21 PM »

... snipped with respect

If Misty did leave the home, and leave the kids alone, and if a predator went in and snatched Haleigh, she would need police protection from Ron in order to admit to that.  Because, IMO, he woulld kill her if he ever came to think that she did that.

Hi janetruth, good to see you! 

I agree with this 100%.  Especially since we've heard what Ron has said.  We can see the control he has over Misty, and (if she did leave the home) I'm betting when she heard him say that, her heart just sank.  Still and all, she has had time alone with LE, with her family as well, she has had the opportunity to admit what she may have done, and to voice her fears of Ron at the same time.  But then I have to remember, she's barely 17.  And because of what we've heard of her past, her family may not be the type she can turn to for helpful support.  She may feel she's on her own, with no one to help or understand, that she has to do for herself.  This may be part of why she's hiding things.   

Am hoping that LE has a mental health worker talking with her, with the rest of the families involved too.  They need someone who is skilled in dealing with emotions, to be supportive, to help these folks tell what they know as well as handle life at the moment. 

Misty needs this type of support right now, IMO.  She seems to be hiding a great deal, (either out of fear, or whatever reason) and if LE ever wants that info from her, am thinking they need to use a different approach like this. 

It could be that LE might offer some type of immunity for her, but at the very least am hoping they offer some type of witness protection for her future. 

Bolding mine, Wyks...yes... yes and yes!

That is all.

GramaMonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1821 on: March 08, 2009, 05:06:35 PM »

I can see the kids wanting to be in the master bedroom since their own rooms seem so far away and Dad is at work 3 nights (or 4?) a week.
And G Granny Sykes said they fall asleep to the tv everynight - or was that TN?? Anyway, another reason they may sleep in the master bedroom. I did notice a flat screen tv during NG. Funny, they can afford a flat screen tv but no window curtains? They have to resort to blankets?????

As to the blankets.. They've just been living there since Nov, if I recall correctly.  Ron's last place may not have needed curtains, they could have already been some there.  Which could explain them not having curtains in this home.  In the video it didn't look like there were curtains or blinds on the b.room window, and blankets do work nicely until one can afford something better.  Plus with Ron working the night shift, even had they had curtains/blinds, there could have been too much light for a day sleeper.  For my night shift working sons, nothing beats a blanket or tapesty over the window and it's coverings, to make it dark enough for them to sleep easily. 

I just moved from a house that had blinds all around, into an apt with no curtains/blinds anywhere.  I immediately put an unused blanket up in the l.room, cuz am waiting for patio door blinds to go on sale.  Might look hinky for now, but money needs to go for more important things atm.  Could have been the same with Ron and family.  Sure they may have a flat screen tv, yet that could have been a gift too. 

Just saying...

I have seen people drape a blanket over the curtain rod, to block out the sunlight from hitting the TV screen.

GramaMonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1822 on: March 08, 2009, 05:09:04 PM »

I know there aren't too many Monkeys in the room right now, but please keep bumping this forward.

Dolce just texted me and she is going to the emergency room with pains in her side and lower abdomen!!

Please say a prayer for her and the babies. She will text me when she knows more!! 

Good thinks, best wishes, and prayers coming her way.
Oh I will pray and think of Dolce and the babies. And the Dad of course too ! How far along is she ? I know she posted an ultrasound a long time ago and things were good. I can't remember a due date.  ???

I thought I had heard June.

rana
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1823 on: March 08, 2009, 05:10:32 PM »

I call bs, after reviewing video posted below.  You can clearly see a light switch 3.34 thru and up to another switch by back hall door at 4.  Now maybe there is another light switch over on the wall in the kitchen area, but I see atleast 2 in the immediate area that could be a light on in the kitchen area. 
Just what I see.  You guys are really lucky I can't do screen captures yet....tee hee.

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/crime/2009/03/06/ng.haleigh.teary

Just what I see on video.

I cant get the vid to play; will try later. So I'll ask.

Does it show which switch turns on "the" light? I mean the light that was "turned on?" Just b/c other switches are there doesnt necessarily mean that they go to THAT light (or maybe they did demonstrate that. If so, then "nevermind"..... Emily Litella) Smile IOW, other switches may not operate that light. For example, some switches turn on a garbage disposal (EEK!! for an intruder!!) or perhpas some other under-cabinet lighting... etc....

02 cents Smile

minnie
Scared Monkey

Jubilee

« Reply #1824 on: March 08, 2009, 05:11:00 PM »

At some point on the 911 recording when Misty was talking to the operator you could hear Ron in the background call her a bitch and ask her how she could let someone get his daughter.  (Not a direct quote, but paraphrased).

Did anyone else hear that.  And as a matter of fact the guy that is on Nancy Grace's show pointed that out and NG cut him off and said all those kind of people talk that way.

It has been very obvious to me that they have tried to overlook that particular verbiage by Ron in the initial call.

and 'those kind of people' would be what kind?
Great question-peanut!

I am just repeating what NG said.  I thought it was quite offensive and so did that guy who I think is named John.  He even said to her "guess you know more about it than I do.". 

And again, does anyone remember that?  I am sure you can find the video and replay it.

MM
Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1825 on: March 08, 2009, 05:11:47 PM »

Ty for letting us know about Dolce.
luckyday
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1826 on: March 08, 2009, 05:14:10 PM »

I am just repeating what NG said.  I thought it was quite offensive and so did that guy who I think is named John.  He even said to her "guess you know more about it than I do.". 

And again, does anyone remember that?  I am sure you can find the video and replay it.
It was Mike Brooks, former FBI agent.

Mark Twain:
Always tell the truth. That way, you don't have to remember what you said.
minnie
Scared Monkey

Jubilee

« Reply #1827 on: March 08, 2009, 05:16:40 PM »

Thank you for the name update. 

MM
rana
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1828 on: March 08, 2009, 05:27:27 PM »

Hello All, Im new to posting here although I have been lurking for a while... Figured this place was right for me, cause this case is driving me bannanas lol..

like everyone else, Im absolutley not sure what happened but I am leaning towads abduction. I guess only because there are quite a few things that I feel is totally possible although many feel they are impossible..

As far as someone coming in and taking a kid out of a room you are sleeping in, It happens to me all the time! I have 4 kids and none of them like to fall asleep in their own beds, so half the time they will crash on the living room floor or my bed. My 2 yr old, I put him to bed earlier than the rest of us go to bed so I put him to sleep in my bed because it is the quietest room. There have been several occasions where my husband has taken him from right beside me and put him in his own bed without me ever hearing or feeling a thing..

I guess what Im saying is if they play "musical beds" a lot *like my kiddos* then it makes it possible that 1, someone could very much come in there and take a kid out of the room without her noticing. And 2, it makes it possible that she wouldn't notice Haleigh missing right off. Maybe she did get up to go to the bathroom, see the light, see the door and then realize oh my gosh, I put Haleigh to bed right there and she isn't there anymore.

I dunno 

True~but FBI Profilers state that abducting a child from a home where others are in the same room are about 1%, I can think of Polly Klaas and Elizabeth Smart.

True, and also even tho they are comparitively rare in frequency, those cases tend to be very high profile cases and tend to "stick out" in peoples' minds.

Also, I risk going on a snore-worthy toot here, but some people have sensitivities that are more acute than others. IOW, if you're sleeping with your child and your hub comes in and takes the child, your brain knows it's hubby and all is well, so you don't wake up....b/c you don't NEED to wake up. But if someone ELSE.... let me start over.

When moms give birth and have a kid sleeping down the hall and Mom is trying to sleep too, some Moms can "hear" (the brain is sifting thru sensory info) a baby moan a tiny moan, but they won't hear, for example, a huge loud laugh on TV..... b/c they don't NEED to hear the huge laugh on TV. In other words, that tv noise - for some,  is not "threatening" or even wake-worthy, but the soft baby distress sound IS.

I'll stop there; I feel a big boring rant coming on.

lilymarie
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1829 on: March 08, 2009, 05:28:25 PM »

It was Mike Brooks, former FBI agent.

Wow I didn't see that. I'd like to. It doesn't really sound like Nancy to me?

What's so funny about Peace, Love & Understanding?
rana
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1830 on: March 08, 2009, 05:29:49 PM »

And yes, I know Misty is not the birth mother.

And since I think that whole "I saw 3" story is fabricated, it doesn't apply to my above post about the sleeping noises.

danabar
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1831 on: March 08, 2009, 05:51:19 PM »

My prayers and thoughts are with Dolce, babies and family also.

"Oh, what a tangled web we weave, when first we practice to deceive."
rana
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1832 on: March 08, 2009, 05:54:20 PM »

Thought this was interesting, in the basement at WS one of the new posters, who lives in this mobile home park, is saying the owner of the trailer that Ron is living in, you would have to know where the light switch is in order to turn on the kitchen light. If you didn't you would have no idea where it is at. I find that rather strange, I mean it couldn't be that hidden could it? 

Someone has made a comment about the light switch.  Evidently it's not in the 'usual place' one would think.  It's over the kitchen sink.  In the dark, even with the skylights, I'd think someone unfamiliar with the place would likely have to grope around looking for that switch. 

And since a stranger coming in would very likely NOT take the time to do that, IMO, the light switch is an important clue. 

Me too.

(I was going to say "WORD!") Smile

Searching
Monkey Junky

Got my Anti Anthony Koolaid helmet on ,I'm ready!

« Reply #1833 on: March 08, 2009, 05:55:56 PM »

Hello All, Im new to posting here although I have been lurking for a while... Figured this place was right for me, cause this case is driving me bannanas lol..

like everyone else, Im absolutley not sure what happened but I am leaning towads abduction. I guess only because there are quite a few things that I feel is totally possible although many feel they are impossible..

As far as someone coming in and taking a kid out of a room you are sleeping in, It happens to me all the time! I have 4 kids and none of them like to fall asleep in their own beds, so half the time they will crash on the living room floor or my bed. My 2 yr old, I put him to bed earlier than the rest of us go to bed so I put him to sleep in my bed because it is the quietest room. There have been several occasions where my husband has taken him from right beside me and put him in his own bed without me ever hearing or feeling a thing..

I guess what Im saying is if they play "musical beds" a lot *like my kiddos* then it makes it possible that 1, someone could very much come in there and take a kid out of the room without her noticing. And 2, it makes it possible that she wouldn't notice Haleigh missing right off. Maybe she did get up to go to the bathroom, see the light, see the door and then realize oh my gosh, I put Haleigh to bed right there and she isn't there anymore.

I dunno 

True~but FBI Profilers state that abducting a child from a home where others are in the same room are about 1%, I can think of Polly Klaas and Elizabeth Smart.

True, and also even tho they are comparitively rare in frequency, those cases tend to be very high profile cases and tend to "stick out" in peoples' minds.

Also, I risk going on a snore-worthy toot here, but some people have sensitivities that are more acute than others. IOW, if you're sleeping with your child and your hub comes in and takes the child, your brain knows it's hubby and all is well, so you don't wake up....b/c you don't NEED to wake up. But if someone ELSE.... let me start over.

When moms give birth and have a kid sleeping down the hall and Mom is trying to sleep too, some Moms can "hear" (the brain is sifting thru sensory info) a baby moan a tiny moan, but they won't hear, for example, a huge loud laugh on TV..... b/c they don't NEED to hear the huge laugh on TV. In other words, that tv noise - for some,  is not "threatening" or even wake-worthy, but the soft baby distress sound IS.

And Jesse Lunsford

rana
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1834 on: March 08, 2009, 06:04:21 PM »

I dunno 

Hi momm0f4, welcome to the cage! 

Your comment, "this case is driving me bannanas"     Yep, you're in the right place!  It's doing the same to nearly all of us!  And we have plenty of nanners to go around.  lol

I agree with your point on someone could take a sleeping child without our knowing it.  Am thinking tho that it's different when that someone is our spouse or family member, somehow in our sleep our minds don't always register things that usually happen in our home.  Just not sure it would be the same if a stranger were to do the same.  Not that I ever personally want to find out either. 

And yes, it could be that when Ron got home he may have had the habit of putting the sleeping kids back into their rooms.  Not sure tho, with that mattress being on their floor.  He may have just put Jr. in his own bed.  In my experience moving a sleeping child typically doesn't wake them up, at least not fully awake. 

Yes, Wyks, (just now saw this post of yours)

I'm thinking you missed your calling if you're not in the psych field.

[/end personal nosy nose comments here - no need to respond to personal nosy nose comments either heh] Smile

janetruth
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1835 on: March 08, 2009, 06:06:43 PM »

I dunno 

And Jesse Lunsford

I thought she was in a room by herself.

I could be wrong.
lilymarie
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1836 on: March 08, 2009, 06:06:47 PM »

Thought this was interesting, in the basement at WS one of the new posters, who lives in this mobile home park, is saying the owner of the trailer that Ron is living in, you would have to know where the light switch is in order to turn on the kitchen light. If you didn't you would have no idea where it is at. I find that rather strange, I mean it couldn't be that hidden could it? 

Someone has made a comment about the light switch.  Evidently it's not in the 'usual place' one would think.  It's over the kitchen sink.  In the dark, even with the skylights, I'd think someone unfamiliar with the place would likely have to grope around looking for that switch. 

And since a stranger coming in would very likely NOT take the time to do that, IMO, the light switch is an important clue. 

Me too.

(I was going to say "WORD!") Smile

There is some discussion about the light switch at 1:23 (CST) today about 5 pages ago...

What's so funny about Peace, Love & Understanding?
rana
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1837 on: March 08, 2009, 06:10:38 PM »

Rana, Be my guest to call.  Let no stone be unturned. There is a SO one street over on Baker Richard Winch- Railroad tracks are in the area- see my post 1 page previous for details...

Ok.... I'll have to email it or let hubby or someone call it. I had a little throat surgery and I go back and forth b/w laryngitis and sounding like Satchmo Louie Amstrong. Smile

But yeah OK.... will do.

DID ANYONE SEE A FOLLOW UP REPLY TO THESE POSTS???  DID SOMEONE PHONE/MAKE CONTACT AS THEY STATED??

Yes, it's been reported. Smile

They "took down"  (typed.. recorded... whatever) the info and then it got the standard, "Thanks, we'll look into it." But that is typical as far as I know.

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1838 on: March 08, 2009, 06:11:01 PM »

I dunno 

Hi momm0f4, welcome to the cage! 

Your comment, "this case is driving me bannanas"     Yep, you're in the right place!  It's doing the same to nearly all of us!  And we have plenty of nanners to go around.  lol

I agree with your point on someone could take a sleeping child without our knowing it.  Am thinking tho that it's different when that someone is our spouse or family member, somehow in our sleep our minds don't always register things that usually happen in our home.  Just not sure it would be the same if a stranger were to do the same.  Not that I ever personally want to find out either. 

And yes, it could be that when Ron got home he may have had the habit of putting the sleeping kids back into their rooms.  Not sure tho, with that mattress being on their floor.  He may have just put Jr. in his own bed.  In my experience moving a sleeping child typically doesn't wake them up, at least not fully awake. 

Yes, Wyks, (just now saw this post of yours)

I'm thinking you missed your calling if you're not in the psych field.

[/end personal nosy nose comments here - no need to respond to personal nosy nose comments either heh] Smile

Nope, didn't miss my calling.  lol

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
rana
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1839 on: March 08, 2009, 06:14:56 PM »

I have 2 and 3 way wall switches.  What I mean is, I can turn my kitchen light on/off by the bathroom, by the patio door, or entrance to the kitchen.

So, if there is a two way switch near the back entrance, maybe someone just flipped the wrong switch.  Meaning, that there was a switch to turn on the kitchen light, at the back entrance.  So, instead of turning on the hallway light, the kitchen light went on.

Just a thought about the switches, but I have no theory as to who, why, what about them. 

Something that has bothered me everytime I see the video of Misty where she is on camera ( this is in the very first interviews) and sitting next to I believe her mother.

Listen to her speak, her voice, like as if it is a put on ..sob... similar to an acting scene.  Very basic comments, does not comment on the evening prior etc.   

(bolding mine)

Yes, GramaMonkey, I was bothered by that too.

Actually, I think the whole thing... the "I saw three," the bathroom, the getting a drink.... the whole thing is "made up" IMO <---

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.