April 18, 2024, 04:57:01 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Haleigh Cummings #4 3/04/09 - 3/08/09  (Read 296744 times)
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1940 on: March 08, 2009, 09:44:38 PM »

does Crystal go to church? does anyone know how long she has been a member if she does go to church....?

islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

HaLeigh~you are loved and in God's loving arms

« Reply #1941 on: March 08, 2009, 09:46:09 PM »

Then toss the statement below intot he mix, and your mind starts going

http://www.mytvjax.com/mostpopular/story/2005-Documents-Claim-Haleigh-Cummings-Wandered-Off/ecfIOIQdpEyY0r9dGW3W-A.cspx

VELEZ-MITCHELL: In terms of the family, why the re-interviews over and over again of Misty and Ron and why haven`t any of the immediate family members been excluded as suspects at this point?

SHAULAND: Well, nobody has been excluded as a suspect because we just don`t know what happened to Haleigh. We don`t know anything about her whereabouts. As you can well imagine, somewhere down the line when all likelihood we`ve got a crime involved in the disappearance of Haleigh.

And so we are trying to keep the criminal investigation alive and we`ve not ruled out anybody because we don`t know what the crime is at this point.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: I guess --

SHAULAND: As far as --

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Just to follow up on that, Captain, quite often in other criminal cases, let`s say when a woman is murdered, usually immediately police look at the significant other, the husband or boyfriend.

And then as his alibi is verified and they find out yes, he was spotted at work at the time, and that person is formally excluded as a suspect, that`s what I`m talking about.

Obviously, for example, Ron`s alibi was that he was at work. And that`s firm, right?

SHAULAND: That`s correct. That is his alibi and he was at work. We were able to check that. However, again we don`t know what happened to Haleigh and we don`t when it happened."

I have a problem with a couple of things that JVM said above. 

"And then as his alibi is verified and they find out yes, he was spotted at work at the time,"

He was *spotted* at work...  This sure doesn't help anyone know if Ron was at work his whole entire shift.  As I and others have said and said, could he have been late?  Left on his dinner hour or break?  Left work early?  *Spotting* him there doesn't mean to me that his alibi is verified.  Does it to LE?  Are they satisified with someone having *spotted* Ron there at some point during his shift?  And if so, why?      

He was spotted at work *at the time*... What *time* frame are they working with, his entire shift?  How can a person be spotted during an entire shift?  Even Shauland goes on to say that they don't know *when* it happened.  So how could that be an alibi for Ron, given they don't even know the timeframe they are looking for an alibi for? 

Lordy, I am confusing myself!      

"and that person is formally excluded as a suspect,"

Except that Ron hasn't been excluded.. yet. 

haha the way some 'journalists' spin words can confuse anyone!

'spotted' was jvms term not shaulands. he said "SHAULAND: That`s correct. That is his alibi and he was at work. We were able to check that." they checked his alibi and he was at work.

they dont know when something happened to her. thats true because the last person she was seen with was misty and there are no witnessing reports as to what went on between 7ish in the pm and 3ish am. thats the basic mind set in any investigation and wont be put to rest until the perp is identified.

i dont find anything about that particularly ominous in terms of rons alibi, now mistys could be another story.

It's not the alibi that bothers me, it's the qualifier the Cpt added "however AGAIN we don't know........."

I realize JVM statement is a spin, but the qualifier sounds like a CoverMy@ss statement.

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
Jerseygirl345
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1942 on: March 08, 2009, 09:48:10 PM »

http://www.mytvjax.com/mostpopular/story/2005-Documents-Claim-Haleigh-Cummings-Wandered-Off/ecfIOIQdpEyY0r9dGW3W-A.cspx

VELEZ-MITCHELL: In terms of the family, why the re-interviews over and over again of Misty and Ron and why haven`t any of the immediate family members been excluded as suspects at this point?

SHAULAND: Well, nobody has been excluded as a suspect because we just don`t know what happened to Haleigh. We don`t know anything about her whereabouts. As you can well imagine, somewhere down the line when all likelihood we`ve got a crime involved in the disappearance of Haleigh.

And so we are trying to keep the criminal investigation alive and we`ve not ruled out anybody because we don`t know what the crime is at this point.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Just to follow up on that, Captain, quite often in other criminal cases, let`s say when a woman is murdered, usually immediately police look at the significant other, the husband or boyfriend.

And then as his alibi is verified and they find out yes, he was spotted at work at the time, and that person is formally excluded as a suspect, that`s what I`m talking about.

Obviously, for example, Ron`s alibi was that he was at work. And that`s firm, right?

SHAULAND: That`s correct. That is his alibi and he was at work. We were able to check that. However, again we don`t know what happened to Haleigh and we don`t when it happened."

"And then as his alibi is verified and they find out yes, he was spotted at work at the time,"

He was *spotted* at work...  This sure doesn't help anyone know if Ron was at work his whole entire shift.  As I and others have said and said, could he have been late?  Left on his dinner hour or break?  Left work early?  *Spotting* him there doesn't mean to me that his alibi is verified.  Does it to LE?  Are they satisified with someone having *spotted* Ron there at some point during his shift?  And if so, why?      

He was spotted at work *at the time*... What *time* frame are they working with, his entire shift?  How can a person be spotted during an entire shift?  Even Shauland goes on to say that they don't know *when* it happened.  So how could that be an alibi for Ron, given they don't even know the timeframe they are looking for an alibi for? 

'spotted' was jvms term not shaulands. he said "SHAULAND: That`s correct. That is his alibi and he was at work. We were able to check that." they checked his alibi and he was at work.

they dont know when something happened to her. thats true because the last person she was seen with was misty and there are no witnessing reports as to what went on between 7ish in the pm and 3ish am. thats the basic mind set in any investigation and wont be put to rest until the perp is identified.

i dont find anything about that particularly ominous in terms of rons alibi, now mistys could be another story.

It's not the alibi that bothers me, it's the qualifier the Cpt added "however AGAIN we don't know........."

I realize JVM statement is a spin, but the qualifier sounds like a CoverMy@ss statement.

ITA...
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1943 on: March 08, 2009, 09:49:17 PM »

Good Evening Monkeys...

I find it strange that no friends of Ron or Misty have come forward let alone seen them is any of the searches or by the tents...

Well, there is Ron's pastor, and Ron's friend, (Orlando?  The African American that has walked around with him). 

He reportedly helped in the search.

Jerseygirl345
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1944 on: March 08, 2009, 09:50:15 PM »

Good Evening Monkeys...

I find it strange that no friends of Ron or Misty have come forward let alone seen them is any of the searches or by the tents...

Well, there is Ron's pastor, and Ron's friend, (Orlando?  The African American that has walked around with him). 

Thank You Brandi for posting the pic...
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1945 on: March 08, 2009, 09:52:43 PM »

You're welcome, JG .. and thanks for the kind words earlier, Wyks.

Trying to avoid a quote stack here. LOL

Some seem to get HUGE!

Smile

Jerseygirl345
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1946 on: March 08, 2009, 09:52:43 PM »

does Crystal go to church? does anyone know how long she has been a member if she does go to church....?

I ask how long he been going to the pastor church to see if he just started going after Haleigh went missing..
fatcatlurker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1947 on: March 08, 2009, 09:54:56 PM »

Good Evening Monkeys...

Sorry but can we not just say the "Black guy"?  In a group of white people making the reference it is ok.  And most American Blacks people today do not appreciate being grouped with Africa.  Sorry just my thoughts on the matter.
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1948 on: March 08, 2009, 09:55:31 PM »

I ask how long he been going to the pastor church to see if he just started going after Haleigh went missing..

a lot of people who are going through hard times in their lives turn to the church, a pastor or the bible for comfort...not that unusual to me... 

peanut
Monkey Junky

I can spell, I just can't type.

« Reply #1949 on: March 08, 2009, 09:55:55 PM »

of course its a qualifier. theres always a qualifier, they have no choice but to make one. remember even after casey was charged they told cindy she could say anything she wanted to the media and when cindy brought that up in her fbi interview they told her le has to say that...they have no choice.

Justice is truth in action - Benjamin Disraeli
fatcatlurker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1950 on: March 08, 2009, 09:56:03 PM »

Sorry but Black/White is simply a discriptive term when a minority.
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1951 on: March 08, 2009, 09:58:34 PM »

Good Evening Monkeys...

Sorry but can we not just say the "Black guy"?  In a group of white people making the reference it is ok.  And most American Blacks people today do not appreciate being grouped with Africa.  Sorry just my thoughts on the matter.

geez Fat Cat...when did that change? I have never heard the term American Blacks...is that what is correct now? serious question...I thought that they referred to themselves as African American or black...I have heard it many times...even Oprah refers to herself as a black female or black woman...

fatcatlurker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1952 on: March 08, 2009, 09:59:06 PM »

I'm sorry I'm not the PC police in fact I'm not pc at all, but working in Washington DC has taught me a world of wonders on this point.  Just black is ok and acceptable.  JMO
Jerseygirl345
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1953 on: March 08, 2009, 09:59:55 PM »

a lot of people who are going through hard times in their lives turn to the church, a pastor or the bible for comfort...not that unusual to me... 

True but their are some who commit a crime seek a pastor or priest..
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1954 on: March 08, 2009, 10:00:09 PM »

Good Evening Monkeys...

Um ...

Why don't we call him Orlando Traylor?

And I am positive Wyks meant no offense. Quite the opposite!

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1955 on: March 08, 2009, 10:00:26 PM »

Oh, I gotcha Peanut......I agree there are way too many lost out there, and some are just classified as runaways in those numbers, who knows for sure whether they actually ran away OR met with foul play as per the study teenagers:

Teenagers were by far the most frequent victims
of both stereotypical kidnappings and nonfamily
abductions.

http://www.missingkids.com/en_US/documents/nismart2_nonfamily.pdf

its just heartbreaking! its so upsetting that some teens can be classified as runaways and not be investigated as fully...id go crazy if that happened.

Very true peanut! 

And older teens are sometimes considered 'young adults' and as such, 'allowed' to be missing if they so choose.  Much like adults who 'have the right' to go off for a period of time without telling anyone.  These young adult 'teens' who are missing are not treated right away as someone lost or foulplay involved, simply because they are often seen by LE as someone who likely *just* ran away for awhile.   No matter how much their family and friends deny deny deny that this is one who would never do such a thing.  These are often ones who are never found.  And why?  IMO, cuz LE wouldn't take it seriously from the getgo. 

My mid son has a friend (age 19, with a cognitive disorder, so he's a bit slow to understand, speak, think, etc), very very nice young man, who in every other way 'appeared' like any older teen/young adult.  He had spent the night at our house, left a bit early in the am to get home, take a shower, get ready for work, etc.  I woke up as he was leaving and offered him a ride home, since it was still dark outside.  He said no thanks, he loved walking along the river.  He lived 3 blocks away.  (country blocks, about a 1/2 mile).  I offered again, he refused again, said he'd be back after work that day to play basketball with my sons and their friends.  I never saw him again. 

He didn't return to our house that day.  Sons called his phone, no answer.  Called other friends who said he wasn't at work.  Sons waited at his apt.  He was a no show, his room-mates said they hadn't seen him.  Since his mom lived in another small town, and I didn't have her #, I called LE and reported him missing.  LE said to wait for a couple of days to file that report.  Angrily, I waited 2 days and called again.  LE said wait til the weekend was over, he'd probably be back by then.  I told them NO!  This kid wasn't *like* that, he was very responsible, etc. etc.  They took the report but told me I was "wasting their time", that he would be back.   

Long story short.  We never saw him again.  His body was found several months later, and not by LE, who had closed his case.  He had been murdered.  He was found by a volunteer who had brought his cadaver dog to help family and friends continue to search for our friend.     Thank God for the kind-hearted, dedicated volunteers in our world. 

And yeah, the young man's mother is suing the crapola out of that LE dept. 

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
rana
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1956 on: March 08, 2009, 10:00:42 PM »

OK, please help me understamd. What is meant by the word "HOWEVER" here? "That is his alibi and he was at work. We were able to check that. HOWEVER... "

I mean, Ron has already said that he was at work during the hours from 10 to 3 that Misty leaves as a time frame; so he is at work during that time according to his alibi. So why the HOWEVER? The 10 to 3 time frame seems not to be the time in question..... PER the "However"

TIA (Thanks In Advance)

islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

HaLeigh~you are loved and in God's loving arms

« Reply #1957 on: March 08, 2009, 10:01:50 PM »

of course its a qualifier. theres always a qualifier, they have no choice but to make one. remember even after casey was charged they told cindy she could say anything she wanted to the media and when cindy brought that up in her fbi interview they told her le has to say that...they have no choice.

Maybe it's just me, but I don't recall cases where I've seen a qualifier, he would have been better of just to have said his alibi was he was at worked and we verified it, and leave it at that.........

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
fatcatlurker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1958 on: March 08, 2009, 10:03:50 PM »

Actually Africans and black americans are very different. JMO they will tell you so just ask one.   They did come on boats just as you and I.  Sorry if I offend anyone just my experience.  Living and working where I do I don't make mistakes about where people come from(as in come from womb in america) and try to know all.
lilymarie
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1959 on: March 08, 2009, 10:04:38 PM »

Good Evening Monkeys...

neither has anyone from Crystal's side....do you find that strange as well?

Ron and Misty live in the area and you would think @ least one of their freinds faces would be seen.. I wonder what type of friends to they have- under aged friends-friends that do drugs- It seems to me it has to be someone who knows theie routine and layout of the home if Ron and Misty were not involved...

but how do you really know that none of their friends have been there? none of us are there 24/7 to really know that...they probably have friends of all different ages etc...just like the rest of us do...and none of us know that their friends do drugs either....

I too think that it was someone who possibly knew the family, a neighbor perhaps? someone who watched the family .....

All of this - I agree with. When one person "assumes" something that hasn't been established and publishes it - others take it and run with it as if it were fact. We all then use it as an assumption and its doesn't help us figure anything out - and it doesn't help find Haleigh. Its also not cool. There is no reason to assume anybody in the house was doing drugs, is a drug addict, wasn't where they said they were, was being abused, was having sex in front of the kids, robbed anybody, etc.

What's so funny about Peace, Love & Understanding?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.