March 29, 2024, 08:33:30 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Haleigh Cummings #4 3/04/09 - 3/08/09  (Read 295725 times)
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

HaLeigh~you are loved and in God's loving arms

« Reply #1960 on: March 08, 2009, 10:05:14 PM »

Oh, I gotcha Peanut......I agree there are way too many lost out there, and some are just classified as runaways in those numbers, who knows for sure whether they actually ran away OR met with foul play as per the study teenagers:

Teenagers were by far the most frequent victims
of both stereotypical kidnappings and nonfamily
abductions.

http://www.missingkids.com/en_US/documents/nismart2_nonfamily.pdf

its just heartbreaking! its so upsetting that some teens can be classified as runaways and not be investigated as fully...id go crazy if that happened.

Very true peanut! 

And older teens are sometimes considered 'young adults' and as such, 'allowed' to be missing if they so choose.  Much like adults who 'have the right' to go off for a period of time without telling anyone.  These young adult 'teens' who are missing are not treated right away as someone lost or foulplay involved, simply because they are often seen by LE as someone who likely *just* ran away for awhile.   No matter how much their family and friends deny deny deny that this is one who would never do such a thing.  These are often ones who are never found.  And why?  IMO, cuz LE wouldn't take it seriously from the getgo. 

My mid son has a friend (age 19, with a cognitive disorder, so he's a bit slow to understand, speak, think, etc), very very nice young man, who in every other way 'appeared' like any older teen/young adult.  He had spent the night at our house, left a bit early in the am to get home, take a shower, get ready for work, etc.  I woke up as he was leaving and offered him a ride home, since it was still dark outside.  He said no thanks, he loved walking along the river.  He lived 3 blocks away.  (country blocks, about a 1/2 mile).  I offered again, he refused again, said he'd be back after work that day to play basketball with my sons and their friends.  I never saw him again. 

He didn't return to our house that day.  Sons called his phone, no answer.  Called other friends who said he wasn't at work.  Sons waited at his apt.  He was a no show, his room-mates said they hadn't seen him.  Since his mom lived in another small town, and I didn't have her #, I called LE and reported him missing.  LE said to wait for a couple of days to file that report.  Angrily, I waited 2 days and called again.  LE said wait til the weekend was over, he'd probably be back by then.  I told them NO!  This kid wasn't *like* that, he was very responsible, etc. etc.  They took the report but told me I was "wasting their time", that he would be back.   

Long story short.  We never saw him again.  His body was found several months later, and not by LE, who had closed his case.  He had been murdered.  He was found by a volunteer who had brought his cadaver dog to help family and friends continue to search for our friend.     Thank God for the kind-hearted, dedicated volunteers in our world. 

And yeah, the young man's mother is suing the crapola out of that LE dept. 

OMG~That is horrible Wyks

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1961 on: March 08, 2009, 10:05:27 PM »

Actually Africans and black americans are very different. JMO they will tell you so just ask one.   They did come on boats just as you and I.  Sorry if I offend anyone just my experience.  Living and working where I do I don't make mistakes about where people come from(as in come from womb in america) and try to know all.

Let's just let it go, please.  I don't think any harm was meant. 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
rana
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1962 on: March 08, 2009, 10:08:13 PM »

Good Evening Monkeys...

I find it strange that no friends of Ron or Misty have come forward let alone seen them is any of the searches or by the tents...

Well, there is Ron's pastor, and Ron's friend, (Orlando?  The African American that has walked around with him). 

He reportedly helped in the search.

Sorry but can we not just say the "Black guy"?  In a group of white people making the reference it is ok.  And most American Blacks people today do not appreciate being grouped with Africa.  Sorry just my thoughts on the matter.

Um ...

Why don't we call him Orlando Traylor?

And I am positive Wyks meant no offense. Quite the opposite!

Every black person I know prefers to be called Black and one even gets upset with the term, "African American;" She says fervently, "I'm American and I've never been to Africa." Also, what do we call black people in Spain or Canada etc?

I would much rather be referred to as the pasty white blonde chick than have my first and last real name on a website; But to each his own.

MOO Smile (My Opinion Only)

fatcatlurker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1963 on: March 08, 2009, 10:09:05 PM »

Copied from Brandi;

Um ...

no offense at all and why are we talking about Orlando Traylor the black dude?  I just came in and was like what???  I know the interest that ANNA FL had but have seen nothing about since she first came here so I was totally confused, I figured she had lost interest in him as a POI???  So tell me?!
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1964 on: March 08, 2009, 10:09:22 PM »

Good Evening Monkeys...

I find it strange that no friends of Ron or Misty have come forward let alone seen them is any of the searches or by the tents...

Well, there is Ron's pastor, and Ron's friend, (Orlando?  The African American that has walked around with him). 

Did the pastor say how long Ron has been a member of his church?

I don't know if he did or didn't say, I haven't heard tho.  However, the pastor spoke of Haleigh having been to their church, so I doubt that their membership was as short as you might be thinking.   

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1965 on: March 08, 2009, 10:09:37 PM »

Let's please move on.  This is about Haleigh.  Take the OT discussion to musings.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
minnie
Scared Monkey

Jubilee

« Reply #1966 on: March 08, 2009, 10:09:40 PM »

does Crystal go to church? does anyone know how long she has been a member if she does go to church....?

I ask how long he been going to the pastor church to see if he just started going after Haleigh went missing..

a lot of people who are going through hard times in their lives turn to the church, a pastor or the bible for comfort...not that unusual to me... 

You are exactly right and what better place to turn than to God. 

Actually I believe it is the only place to turn. 

But, having said that in the interviews I have seen with the pastor I got the impression that Ron had been attending church for a while and the pastor had commented that Ron had turned his life around and was trying to make amends for past problems.

And I completely believe there is forgiveness in this world and one should not be blamed or forever be accused of past transgressions.  I believe that for a man to have custody of his children is a very big deal and shows that the mother was not found worthy of the custody of her children.  This is a really big consideration and yet I hear no one talking about her.  If she were the one in charge and Haleigh had lived with her this might not have happened.  But, does this make it her fault.

I can't see based on all the facts we the general public has been privy to that this is anyones "fault". It happended.  And until someone proves or decides to share the information that Misty did it, or Ron did it, I think we should keep that speculation to a minimum.  Or maybe go and get a job with "LE" and help them solve the case.

MM
peanut
Monkey Junky

I can spell, I just can't type.

« Reply #1967 on: March 08, 2009, 10:10:10 PM »

Oh, I gotcha Peanut......I agree there are way too many lost out there, and some are just classified as runaways in those numbers, who knows for sure whether they actually ran away OR met with foul play as per the study teenagers:

Teenagers were by far the most frequent victims
of both stereotypical kidnappings and nonfamily
abductions.

http://www.missingkids.com/en_US/documents/nismart2_nonfamily.pdf

its just heartbreaking! its so upsetting that some teens can be classified as runaways and not be investigated as fully...id go crazy if that happened.

Very true peanut! 

And older teens are sometimes considered 'young adults' and as such, 'allowed' to be missing if they so choose.  Much like adults who 'have the right' to go off for a period of time without telling anyone.  These young adult 'teens' who are missing are not treated right away as someone lost or foulplay involved, simply because they are often seen by LE as someone who likely *just* ran away for awhile.   No matter how much their family and friends deny deny deny that this is one who would never do such a thing.  These are often ones who are never found.  And why?  IMO, cuz LE wouldn't take it seriously from the getgo. 

My mid son has a friend (age 19, with a cognitive disorder, so he's a bit slow to understand, speak, think, etc), very very nice young man, who in every other way 'appeared' like any older teen/young adult.  He had spent the night at our house, left a bit early in the am to get home, take a shower, get ready for work, etc.  I woke up as he was leaving and offered him a ride home, since it was still dark outside.  He said no thanks, he loved walking along the river.  He lived 3 blocks away.  (country blocks, about a 1/2 mile).  I offered again, he refused again, said he'd be back after work that day to play basketball with my sons and their friends.  I never saw him again. 

He didn't return to our house that day.  Sons called his phone, no answer.  Called other friends who said he wasn't at work.  Sons waited at his apt.  He was a no show, his room-mates said they hadn't seen him.  Since his mom lived in another small town, and I didn't have her #, I called LE and reported him missing.  LE said to wait for a couple of days to file that report.  Angrily, I waited 2 days and called again.  LE said wait til the weekend was over, he'd probably be back by then.  I told them NO!  This kid wasn't *like* that, he was very responsible, etc. etc.  They took the report but told me I was "wasting their time", that he would be back.   

Long story short.  We never saw him again.  His body was found several months later, and not by LE, who had closed his case.  He had been murdered.  He was found by a volunteer who had brought his cadaver dog to help family and friends continue to search for our friend.     Thank God for the kind-hearted, dedicated volunteers in our world. 

And yeah, the young man's mother is suing the crapola out of that LE dept. 

omg wyks, im so very sorry...thats just horrific! things just cant be let go like that, its just not right. even in the case of adults, like missing spouses, i believe all avenues should be explored because you can never be sure just who is responsible. its just so sad.

thank goodness indeed, as you say, for all the wonderful volunteers!

Justice is truth in action - Benjamin Disraeli
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1968 on: March 08, 2009, 10:12:29 PM »

Copied from Brandi;

Um ...

no offense at all and why are we talking about Orlando Traylor the black dude?  I just came in and was like what???  I know the interest that ANNA FL had but have seen nothing about since she first came here so I was totally confused, I figured she had lost interest in him as a POI???  So tell me?!

you are bad Fat Cat! weren't you the one the other day who said that people should read back on posts to catch up rather than asking the question of what is going on now??   We were answering a question of Jersey's of why Rons friends weren't around...go back a page or two .... he has had friends I am sure...we just are not there to see who comes and goes every day so no one unless they are really a part of it would know that..xxxxxxxx

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1969 on: March 08, 2009, 10:14:57 PM »

does Crystal go to church? does anyone know how long she has been a member if she does go to church....?

I ask how long he been going to the pastor church to see if he just started going after Haleigh went missing..

a lot of people who are going through hard times in their lives turn to the church, a pastor or the bible for comfort...not that unusual to me... 

But, having said that in the interviews I have seen with the pastor I got the impression that Ron had been attending church for a while and the pastor had commented that Ron had turned his life around and was trying to make amends for past problems.

And I completely believe there is forgiveness in this world and one should not be blamed or forever be accused of past transgressions.  I believe that for a man to have custody of his children is a very big deal and shows that the mother was not found worthy of the custody of her children.  This is a really big consideration and yet I hear no one talking about her.  If she were the one in charge and Haleigh had lived with her this might not have happened.  But, does this make it her fault.

I can't see based on all the facts we the general public has been privy to that this is anyones "fault". It happended.  And until someone proves or decides to share the information that Misty did it, or Ron did it, I think we should keep that speculation to a minimum.  Or maybe go and get a job with "LE" and help them solve the case.

good post Minnie...and very true...

peanut
Monkey Junky

I can spell, I just can't type.

« Reply #1970 on: March 08, 2009, 10:17:57 PM »

haha the way some 'journalists' spin words can confuse anyone!

'spotted' was jvms term not shaulands. he said "SHAULAND: That`s correct. That is his alibi and he was at work. We were able to check that." they checked his alibi and he was at work.

they dont know when something happened to her. thats true because the last person she was seen with was misty and there are no witnessing reports as to what went on between 7ish in the pm and 3ish am. thats the basic mind set in any investigation and wont be put to rest until the perp is identified.

i dont find anything about that particularly ominous in terms of rons alibi, now mistys could be another story.

OK, please help me understamd. What is meant by the word "HOWEVER" here? "That is his alibi and he was at work. We were able to check that. HOWEVER... "

I mean, Ron has already said that he was at work during the hours from 10 to 3 that Misty leaves as a time frame; so he is at work during that time according to his alibi. So why the HOWEVER? The 10 to 3 time frame seems not to be the time in question..... PER the "However"

TIA (Thanks In Advance)

SHAULAND: That`s correct. That is his alibi and he was at work. We were able to check that. However, again we don`t know what happened to Haleigh and we don`t when it happened."

youre picking apart one sentence. its not a stand alone sentence, it is part of a conversation. since its the close of the conversation he is referring to the subject as a whole and that is why he starts with 'however' and goes on to say again (as in i stated this at the beginning) before reestating what he said at the start.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: In terms of the family, why the re-interviews over and over again of Misty and Ron and why haven`t any of the immediate family members been excluded as suspects at this point?

SHAULAND: Well, nobody has been excluded as a suspect because we just don`t know what happened to Haleigh. We don`t know anything about her whereabouts. As you can well imagine, somewhere down the line when all likelihood we`ve got a crime involved in the disappearance of Haleigh.

And so we are trying to keep the criminal investigation alive and we`ve not ruled out anybody because we don`t know what the crime is at this point.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: I guess --

SHAULAND: As far as --

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Just to follow up on that, Captain, quite often in other criminal cases, let`s say when a woman is murdered, usually immediately police look at the significant other, the husband or boyfriend.

And then as his alibi is verified and they find out yes, he was spotted at work at the time, and that person is formally excluded as a suspect, that`s what I`m talking about.

Obviously, for example, Ron`s alibi was that he was at work. And that`s firm, right?

SHAULAND: That`s correct. That is his alibi and he was at work. We were able to check that. However, again we don`t know what happened to Haleigh and we don`t when it happened."

Justice is truth in action - Benjamin Disraeli
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1971 on: March 08, 2009, 10:18:30 PM »

Good Evening Monkeys...

Sorry but can we not just say the "Black guy"?  In a group of white people making the reference it is ok.  And most American Blacks people today do not appreciate being grouped with Africa.  Sorry just my thoughts on the matter.

I'd love to just say the black guy.. Was trying to be PC, politically correct, so that no one would be offended.  Last I heard, that was how they liked to be referred to, rather than their color. 

Ya know, it's prolly safer just to lurk in this particular case... 

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1972 on: March 08, 2009, 10:19:15 PM »

If we just waited for LE to solve the case, we'd have nothing to discuss as the ONLY fact is that Haleigh is missing, we are just theorizing as to what could have happened....

I printed out the entire custody re-hearing (all 54 pages) and he basically got custody per the Magistrates own words "he is employed and in 3 months will have insurance"........also, when the Judge asked her about prior drug use, she was forthright and admitted it, when Ron was asked he flat out denied it even though he had just been arrested a bit prior on violating a restraing order and several drug charges..............guess that's what you get for being honest I believe in forgiveness also, but to say someone's not worth of having their children without knowing all the facts of the case is sad, many times it boils down to who has the better atty and who plays the game better~sad but true!

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
fatcatlurker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1973 on: March 08, 2009, 10:19:35 PM »

Every black person I know prefers to be called Black and one even gets upset with the term, "African American;" She says fervently, "I'm American and I've never been to Africa." Also, what do we call black people in Spain or Canada etc?

I would much rather be referred to as the pasty white blonde chick than have my first and last real name on a website; But to each his own.

MOO Smile (My Opinion Only)

[/quote]

Well lord don't call em a kiwi! ha ha!   Black is totally appropriate is my experience also.  And Blacks from Spain or Canada born there would be Spainards or canadians well duh, where were you born and what would you like to be labeled as?!  Besides the pasty white blonde chick, which by the way I'm the tan white chick, my hubby is polish/american do you think he likes being referred to as the polack?  He was born here and resents it very much thank you. Sorry OT humor I hope.  JMO

This is the third time I've asked to take this to musings.  It's OT, and it has NO place here in Haleigh's thread.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2009, 10:22:26 PM by MuffyBee » Logged
Searching
Monkey Junky

Got my Anti Anthony Koolaid helmet on ,I'm ready!

« Reply #1974 on: March 08, 2009, 10:20:22 PM »

Good Evening Monkeys...

well i dont think name tags are being handed out just to make things easier for us haha. but seriously, who in their right mind would willingly interject themselves into the media in such a horrible case?

errr murt?  Smile

Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1975 on: March 08, 2009, 10:20:27 PM »

Wyks ... don't lurk!

I have heard that our next cage (we'll be there in a moment) is a kindler, gentler cage.

Jerseygirl345
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1976 on: March 08, 2009, 10:21:31 PM »

Good Evening Monkeys...

I'd love to just say the black guy.. Was trying to be PC, politically correct, so that no one would be offended.  Last I heard, that was how they liked to be referred to, rather than their color. 

Wyks -Dont you just lurk. your oppinions and observations are a great help..
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1977 on: March 08, 2009, 10:22:07 PM »

Good Evening Monkeys...

No lurking Wyks~you have too much too add for that! No harm, no foul IMO

[
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1978 on: March 08, 2009, 10:24:02 PM »

quote from IM:

I believe in forgiveness also, but to say someone's not worth of having their children without knowing all the facts of the case is sad, many times it boils down to who has the better atty and who plays the game better~sad but true!

but isn't that what is happening to Ron right here on this forum?

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1979 on: March 08, 2009, 10:25:10 PM »

"without" should have also been "red" on my last quote post...

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.