April 30, 2024, 09:55:46 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MONKEY MUSINGS DAILY OPEN DISCUSSION #25 3/05/09 - 3/9/09  (Read 113710 times)
IBE
Monkey Junky

« Reply #580 on: March 08, 2009, 01:33:11 AM »

was flipping stations.

Local Fox said there was a prison riot in Mexico and the gangs were fighting outside but I missed what Mexican state it was.

Freedom is not free: it also takes ethics, character, accountability, responsibility and courage! Freedom for Scared Monkeys: donate to Red's legal fees.
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #581 on: March 08, 2009, 01:41:59 AM »

Oh NOOOOOOO!  My Aunt is on vacation in Juarez right now my dad says if you can find any info at all please do tell asap...I am off to see what I can find myself and start the phone calls...

Omigosh, will for sure keep your aunt, you and your family, in my thoughts and prayers!  If I find anything out will update asap! 

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #582 on: March 08, 2009, 01:46:20 AM »

Hi all,
I tried going to bed, but couldn't sleep. It's good to see some you all hear.
Jackie how did your day go with the grandson?
CBB dinner sounds wonderful.
MyTime what movie I didn't catch which one you went to see.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #583 on: March 08, 2009, 01:47:18 AM »

Here's an update.. first report I've seen online so far:

March 7th, 2009 in Breaking News, Martial Law

http://www.freepressinternational.com/2009/03/ciudad-juarez-mexico-under-martial-law/

Ciudad Juarez, Mexico under martial law

Mexican border city braces for troop patrols.

CIUDAD JUAREZ, Mexico – The mayor of the Mexican border city of Ciudad Juarez told residents Friday to prepare for a monthslong presence of army troops, but said the arrival of thousands of soldiers had already reduced killings by almost 90 percent.

The city government is issuing advice for citizens on how to get along with more than 5,000 soldiers who will be in Ciudad Juarez for months. Thousands of those troops arrived over the weekend, part of a promised government surge.

“The first thing you should do is to slow down, turn on your interior lights and roll down the windows,” said Mayor Jose Reyes Ferriz.

Reyes Ferriz said “we are working with the public to prepare them, so that they know who how to get through the army checkpoints rapidly and interfere with this law enforcement activity as little as possible.” He said the government would get the message out through radio and TV ads.

While formal army patrols aren’t set to begin until next week, Reyes Ferriz said the army’s presence already has reduced killings.

“In February we had an average of 10 homicides per day, and since the army announcement and its presence in Ciudad Juarez, the homicide rate went down to around one, or a little more than one, on average, per day,” he said.

Reyes Ferriz said he could not say exactly how long the soldiers were expected to stay, but said that “it’s going to be months. We didn’t know how many, but it will be months.”

Ciudad Juarez, across the border from El Paso, Texas, has been one of the centers of bloody drug gang turf wars that killed 6,290 people across Mexico in 2008.

Reyes Ferriz said the deployment is raising questions but in general has been well-received.

City resident Lauro Pasillas summed up some of those feeling while waiting at Ciudad Jaurez stoplight.

“If they’re really going to do something, then I’m for letting them patrol the entire city,” Pasillas said.

Notice how this was done under the guise of a humanitarian effort?

mytime
Monkey All Star

« Reply #584 on: March 08, 2009, 01:49:51 AM »

Hi all,

Hi Green Eyes!!   

I went to see "He's just not that into you."  It was a cute movie!!

dsntslp
Scared Monkey

« Reply #585 on: March 08, 2009, 01:50:10 AM »

Ok, now I wish I would have paid attention in geography way back when. 
My Aunt is on a cruise.  Is there a port in Juarez?  Would it make sense she is on a cruise and is in Juarez?  I know I can lookk it up but am hoping someone can answer me quicker...

(Keeping in my mind my dad has beginning alzheimers and I am wondering if he just picked the city she is in as Juarez because it is the last city in Mexico he heard a name for (although his alzheimers truly is not bad, just beginning).

I DO know she is on a cruise in Mexico though.  That I know myself.

Is there a port in Juarez?  There is isn't there....I am rambling...sorry

Through thick and thin, I'll stick with Tim!
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #586 on: March 08, 2009, 01:56:16 AM »

My Aunt is on a cruise.  Is there a port in Juarez?  Would it make sense she is on a cruise and is in Juarez?  I know I can lookk it up but am hoping someone can answer me quicker...

(Keeping in my mind my dad has beginning alzheimers and I am wondering if he just picked the city she is in as Juarez because it is the last city in Mexico he heard a name for (although his alzheimers truly is not bad, just beginning).

Juarez itself looks fairly land-locked to me, although Brownsville looks like a couple of hours to right, and that's on the water. 

Here's a map, and if the link doesn't work you can google " map of Juarez Mexico "

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=map+of+Juarez+Mexico&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&split=0&gl=us&ei=6mqzSZqwAZGYsAOiqYmLAQ&sa=X&oi=geocode_result&resnum=1&ct=title

KCJackie
Monkey All Star

« Reply #587 on: March 08, 2009, 01:59:13 AM »

Hi all,

Hi Green Eyes!  Good to see you here too!    It sucks when you can't fall asleep. 

You know how you said we should fingerpaint today.....  Sterling decided to use marker/paints all over his hands and touch everything but paper!!!   He has never done that before - I think you jinxed me!! 
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #588 on: March 08, 2009, 01:59:40 AM »

Hi all,

Hi Green Eyes!!   

I went to see "He's just not that into you."  It was a cute movie!!

That's with Drew Barrymore and Ben Affleck and Jennifer Aniston. The trailer looks cute.  You must be feeling better. That's good. 

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #589 on: March 08, 2009, 03:01:29 AM »

Juarez itself looks fairly land-locked to me, although Brownsville looks like a couple of hours to right, and that's on the water. 

Here's a map, and if the link doesn't work you can google " map of Juarez Mexico "

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=map+of+Juarez+Mexico&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&split=0&gl=us&ei=6mqzSZqwAZGYsAOiqYmLAQ&sa=X&oi=geocode_result&resnum=1&ct=title

Ahhhhhh!!  Ya know what?  There's a Benito Juarez that's right on the water!  Could that be where your aunt's cruise is?  Look on that map, make it small, then go way across Mexico, out of the Gulf.   

Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #590 on: March 08, 2009, 03:03:04 AM »

Hi all,

Hi Green Eyes!  Good to see you here too!    It sucks when you can't fall asleep. 

You know how you said we should fingerpaint today.....  Sterling decided to use marker/paints all over his hands and touch everything but paper!!!   He has never done that before - I think you jinxed me!! 
Sorry about that. You have to look on the bright side he used them on him self, not the walls or floors. My sons middle daughter painted her little brother all over his body with makers. At least the day wasn't boring?

GOD BLESS AMERICA
dsntslp
Scared Monkey

« Reply #591 on: March 08, 2009, 03:18:10 AM »

Geesshhh, It's 3:15 am here.  I can't go calling people for her itinerary and there is nothing whatsoever I could do to help anyway, right?

I'll never get to sleep though...

What exactly does martial law mean "in Mexico"?  They won't block ports and not let Americans out will they?  Gosh, I feel so helpless right now...

KCJackie
Monkey All Star

« Reply #592 on: March 08, 2009, 03:19:18 AM »

Hi all,

Sorry about that. You have to look on the bright side he used them on him self, not the walls or floors. My sons middle daughter painted her little brother all over his body with makers. At least the day wasn't boring?

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #593 on: March 08, 2009, 03:20:12 AM »

Geesshhh, It's 3:15 am here.  I can't go calling people for her itinerary and there is nothing whatsoever I could do to help anyway, right?

I'll never get to sleep though...

What exactly does martial law mean "in Mexico"?  They won't block ports and not let Americans out will they?  Gosh, I feel so helpless right now...

Did you see my last post?  Scroll up!!! 

dsntslp
Scared Monkey

« Reply #594 on: March 08, 2009, 03:23:17 AM »

Yes Wyks, and thankyou so much.  My Aunt is from Largo,FL but her daughter is from NM and I am not even sure where they left out of.  Either origination point fits right in with what you are saying though.  UGH!  (not to you Wyks, to the situation)

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #595 on: March 08, 2009, 03:25:49 AM »

Yes Wyks, and thankyou so much.  My Aunt is from Largo,FL but her daughter is from NM and I am not even sure where they left out of.  Either origination point fits right in with what you are saying though.  UGH!  (not to you Wyks, to the situation)

You're welcome.  Am thinking that your aunt might be in that other Juarez.. Benito Juarez..  And if so, that's a long way from the Juarez that's under lockdown.  Hope that's more comforting for you! 

dsntslp
Scared Monkey

« Reply #596 on: March 08, 2009, 03:29:01 AM »

Well, if they are in Benito Juarez that is a long way from Juarez so that would be a good thing right?  The martial law thing is mainly the border towns and not down in Benito Juarez right?  We are not talking martial law for the whole of Mexico...correct? 

mytime
Monkey All Star

« Reply #597 on: March 08, 2009, 03:30:25 AM »

Bud Girl - are you here??   
A_News_Junkie_Monkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #598 on: March 08, 2009, 03:32:09 AM »

Federal police patrol an impoverished neighbourhood in the border city of Ciudad Juarez March 7, 2009. A turf battle between Joaquin "Shorty" Guzman's enforcers from the Sinaloa cartel and local Ciudad Juarez drug runners has since killed more than 2,000 people here and forced the government to deploy 7,500 troops and federal police to take control of the city. REUTERS/Tomas Bravo (MEXICO CONFLICT SOCIETY MILITARY POLITICS IMAGE OF THE DAY TOP PICTURE)
http://www.reuters.com/news/pictures/searchpopup?picId=8552103

More :  http://search.us.reuters.com/query/?q=JUAREZ%2C+Mexico+%2B+March+2009&s=USPHOTOS
dsntslp
Scared Monkey

« Reply #599 on: March 08, 2009, 03:32:10 AM »

Posting while you were Wyks, just read back. 

Yes, thankyou so much for your help, truly.

Good grief is the whole world going nuts or is it just that we are more connected now and hear of it more?  So many countries with so many BIG issues coming to light right now.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.