May 01, 2024, 12:33:56 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MONKEY MUSINGS DAILY OPEN DISCUSSION #25 3/05/09 - 3/9/09  (Read 113718 times)
A_News_Junkie_Monkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #620 on: March 08, 2009, 03:53:32 AM »

im confuzzled. what time is it now?
What time zone?  It is 3:53 ESt
youR COMPUTER CLOCK SHOULD BE CORRECT!
dsntslp
Scared Monkey

« Reply #621 on: March 08, 2009, 03:54:04 AM »

Thanks everybody, again.

Now my grandson is awake and I have turned on a video for him in his room so I can't go lie down if I wanted to, hahaha.  At least not until I am sure he is asleep and then I get the couch so I can hear him because my bedroom is too far from his.  It won't be long I hope till he does go back to sleep, lil' stinker usually gets up at 5 am, I did keep him awake late last night playing with him though, Nana's can do that!  Maybe he will sleep in tomorrow (wishful thinking here) We had the BEST day yesterday, it truly rejuvenated me just being with him.  He will be two in June. I have him again all day tomorrow so probably will not make it back here until tomorrow late at night.   Nite everybody, ty again.  Hope to talk to you all again soon. 

Through thick and thin, I'll stick with Tim!
peanut
Monkey Junky

I can spell, I just can't type.

« Reply #622 on: March 08, 2009, 03:55:31 AM »

3:52am Eastern

ugh, thank you. so the puter adjusted the time already, goody. oh well, at least some of us will be able to sleep in, hopefully.

Justice is truth in action - Benjamin Disraeli
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #623 on: March 08, 2009, 03:56:12 AM »

I know it's time to try and get some sleep. Having problems with server do to weather some were. Hi Peanut good night Peanut. Good night to CBB, MyTime, wykes and anyone else I missed. Take Care & God Bless
GE

GOD BLESS AMERICA
A_News_Junkie_Monkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #624 on: March 08, 2009, 03:56:32 AM »

Thanks everybody, again.

Now my grandson is awake and I have turned on a video for him in his room so I can't go lie down if I wanted to, hahaha.  At least not until I am sure he is asleep and then I get the couch so I can hear him because my bedroom is too far from his.  It won't be long I hope till he does go back to sleep, lil' stinker usually gets up at 5 am, I did keep him awake late last night playing with him though, Nana's can do that!  Maybe he will sleep in tomorrow (wishful thinking here) We had the BEST day yesterday, it truly rejuvenated me just being with him.  He will be two in June. I have him again all day tomorrow so probably will not make it back here until tomorrow late at night.   Nite everybody, ty again.  Hope to talk to you all again soon. 
Good night.  Try not to worry, a ship can always take off! 
crazybabyborg
« Reply #625 on: March 08, 2009, 03:57:08 AM »

I know it's time to try and get some sleep. Having problems with server do to weather some were. Hi Peanut good night Peanut. Good night to CBB, MyTime, wykes and anyone else I missed. Take Care & God Bless
GE

Goodnight, GE!! Sleep Well!
crazybabyborg
« Reply #626 on: March 08, 2009, 03:57:58 AM »

ugh, thank you. so the puter adjusted the time already, goody. oh well, at least some of us will be able to sleep in, hopefully.

I don't like them fiddling with the time!!!   
A_News_Junkie_Monkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #627 on: March 08, 2009, 03:58:02 AM »

Cell phones and cable boxes adjust automatically too usually. 
I can't believe how slow the board was today.  I think spring fever hit!
peanut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #628 on: March 08, 2009, 03:58:27 AM »

GE

hi and bye, ge...sweet dreams!

peanut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #629 on: March 08, 2009, 04:01:22 AM »

Cell phones and cable boxes adjust automatically too usually. 
I can't believe how slow the board was today.  I think spring fever hit!

yes, im seeing they have now that im a bit more awake haha. im sure things will pick up, we just arent getting much new info right now.

A_News_Junkie_Monkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #630 on: March 08, 2009, 04:06:36 AM »

Yes, hope we get better document dump in Caylee next week. 
BTW - I can type, I just can't spell! LOL
Off to fold towels........... housework......eeggggggggg
Scarrlett
Monkey Junky Jr.

To Boldly Go Where No MAN Has Gone Before!

« Reply #631 on: March 08, 2009, 07:22:49 AM »

Wyks? Isn't Spring Break going on now? Lots of kids go to Cancun.

Yessssssssss!!  And kids have been told NOT to go to any of the usual places in Mexico.  Heard tonight that many have gone anyway!     Skeeeery!! 

Am so glad my sons are a bit older.  They all three went to Cancun, back in their day.   Sure wouldn't have let them go now tho.  And they would've been so mad after saving so long for that.  But what were the parents of these kids thinking???? 

[/quote

I don't know WHAT they were thinking! No kid of mine would be there................... or Aruba either!   

Thank You!! What the heck is wrong with staying in the good ole USA?? These class trips outside of our country is nothing but trouble....AND, if you get into trouble, God help you,because the USA can't and won't.

Want to go to a beach?? Try California, Hawaii, The Keys. Go see old Faithful,The Grand Canyon, The salt flats. You get my drift.The ONLY other country I would enter is Canada.  Niagara Falls is wonderful.

As I get older I have formed this opinion.  When I was 17 and up..Anything would go!! Party on!!

I would think after little Natalee and her tragedy, the schools would wise up. I never did understand Aruba for a class trip. That place BLOWS, even the wind tries to tell you that!  It has nothing.  Never did.. Never will.
Oh, It IS a place that Big time drug "leaders" live and do business. Yeah Yeah,lets pack up our teenagers and send them there. Lord

If you take care of God's creatures; He will take care of you.
Scarrlett
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #632 on: March 08, 2009, 07:28:50 AM »

Well, if they are in Benito Juarez that is a long way from Juarez so that would be a good thing right?  The martial law thing is mainly the border towns and not down in Benito Juarez right?  We are not talking martial law for the whole of Mexico...correct? 

Do you know the other ports of call on the cruise schedule?  I mean, is it a Western Carribean cruise, maybe stopping in Cayman and Jamaica? Cozumel, Mexico is a popular site for most cruises.
Where was the cruise ship leaving today where like 4 people fell in cold water when the bridge to the ship collapsed?

You are such a warm beam of comfort!      Quite a funny monkey you are!!

BTW..Wouldn't any American Ship and All ships be aware of this unrest? I would think they would not enter any port that would be dangerous to their ship.
If you have to be around there now; The cruise ship is the place to be. "Turn her around Scotty. We need more power" "Get us out of here Scotty"....................

Scarrlett
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #633 on: March 08, 2009, 07:33:47 AM »

Sorry Messed up. My post # 631 begins with   "Thank You. What the heck is wrong with staying in the good ole USA".

Sorry, Strong opinion and it shows up as CBB's reply??? Don't want to put words in anyone Else's mouth.  HeHe

oldiebutgoodie
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #634 on: March 08, 2009, 10:41:57 AM »

I just got the strangest phone call.

I always feel creepy when the phone rings at an ungodly hour of the morning before it's barely daylight outside because you always think immediately that it's a family member with bad news. I knew it wouldn't be any of my Mother's nurses or doctors calling (she lives with me and I am her sole caregiver - she is bedridden) unless there were urgent lab results or something like that and nobody drew her blood yesterday so it wasn't that.

Anyway, I was already in a nervous state expecting that it was my sister calling with an emergency.

I hear a lot of snap and hiss and crackle and I know this call is not originating in the United States. It is a poor telephonic connection but I can clearly hear what the person is saying and I can hear the tone of their voice. It is a man with a strong foreign accent and at that hour of the morning when I'm not really awake yet and not too alert, I assumed it was one of my many, many Mexican friends calling me from Mexico (ALL their connections from phones to toilets flushing are bad in Mexico).

This guy asked for someone by name and because I couldn't understand him, I asked (in English) for him to repeat himself and I STILL couldn't understand him so I started speaking Spanish, assuming that's going to help. I could have been speaking Chinese because this guy understood NOTHING of Spanish and barely understood enough English to grasp that I didn't understand what he was saying.

His voice got a little desperate and whinier at that point and I kept asking, "Who..are..you?" and "What..is..your..name?" and they kept repeating something that sounded like rehearsed memorized English (if you've ever watched Japanese girl singers on YouTube singing in English, you'll know what I mean). What they were saying sounded something like, "Eye-am-eerahnee" and after they kept repeating it, I finally understood they were telling me, "I am Irani." They were telling me they were calling from Iran or that they were of Iranian nationality. They were definitely calling long-distance from outside the United States and not even from a place where we have a fiber-optic connection.

I did not know phone calls from Iran could reach any destination inside the USA. I would think all such calls would be blocked like all calls from Cuba, right?

So maybe this was an Iranian calling from some other far away country.

Anyway, after trying to get the guy to understand he must have called the wrong number and apologizing and saying, "I'm so sorry, you called the wrong number," I finally hung up. He seemed so desperate and I felt bad for him but I could not understand him and I don't want Homeland Security to think I'm in the habit of chatting with strange foreigners. Know what I mean? So I did not stay on the line.

It's just that it really disturbs me that this guy was desperate to communicate with me even though he KNEW I couldn't possibly be the right number. Even after that, he still didn't want to break the connection between us. He kept saying, "EYE-AM-EERAHNEE." Over and over.

His voice had that high thinnish almost whiny tone that some Arab men have when speaking English. I don't say that as an insult, I'm just trying to describe what he sounded like.

I think the phone has a feature that lets me dial-backwards so I can dial HIM back if I wanted but since I have no idea where on this earth that call originated, I ain't calling him back. Besides, if it really is some foreign terrorist, how would I explain that to Homeland Security?

I'm kind of worried about this guy. He actually sounded scared and desperate. Oh well. I'll never know what his problem was.

Anyway, it would be rather dumb to call or email Homeland Security just over some poor guy's wrong number and I'm sure they know I'm not in collusion with terrorists but... is that for sure? What if this guy was a bad sort? Am I now tainted because I spent a couple of minutes trying to understand him and help him?

I have no doubt whatsoever that I can prove I am a loyal American that descends from a long line of loyal Americans. I also know I already have a thick FBI file and that I am such a known quantity to the Secret Service that when Walter Mondale was running for President, I was the only Security Personnel they approved to work his security detail when he came visiting the major shopping mall where I worked (at least twice). All other Security people were kept locked up in the management office for the duration of his visit.

The Secret Service knows who I am because we have encountered each other on numerous occasions when I was at some demonstration or other event on behalf of Israel or the Jewish people. Re: working the Mondale crowd, I asked them how come they trusted me given that they only knew me as a "political agitator," and they said "We know you're not a nutjob." I guess a lot of Security people drift to that job because they can't get hired anywhere else. A lot of loser types, in other words. Loser types that might take a potshot at a Presidential candidate. Nutjobs. I was a college student doing a part-time job to pay for groceries and a few bills -- a different kind of nutjob, maybe, but not the kind that worried the Secret Service.

Anyway... so that's my weird phone call story. You all don't think I need to contact Homeland Security, do you, to tell them I got a desperate phone call from Iran and I have no freakin' clue who it was? They'd get mad at me for wasting their time, right?

BETH HOLLOWAY: "We will not let this go until we take Natalee home. It will never end."
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #635 on: March 08, 2009, 11:52:18 AM »

Wyks ~  It was okay last night to post the news about the Mexican president declaring martial law.  When there are important news/announcements, it's just fine to post a brief message on missing persons threads, as you did.  What I wanted was the discussion about Mexico/borders and such to move to musings.  Thanks ~  Muffy

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #636 on: March 08, 2009, 01:42:44 PM »

Mytime - are you there?

I desperately want to copy your "mooning" smiley into an email, and it won't let me copy it.

Can you tell me the site where you got the smiley?

TY

I Stand With The Girl
mytime
Monkey All Star

« Reply #637 on: March 08, 2009, 02:41:02 PM »

Mytime - are you there?

I desperately want to copy your "mooning" smiley into an email, and it won't let me copy it.

Can you tell me the site where you got the smiley?

TY

Sorry BT, I was signed on but not near my computer!  I got the larger one from graphic grotto!  I can't remember where I found the smaller one - I just looked and can't find it!! 

I can email it to you if you want!!

Have a good day!   

mytime
Monkey All Star

« Reply #638 on: March 08, 2009, 03:48:09 PM »

MM - is that really you??

marymary
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #639 on: March 08, 2009, 03:58:22 PM »

MM - is that really you??

Hi Mt!!!      I love that smiley.  No, it's not me, it is Marymary's imaginary husband using my screen name.   

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.