April 19, 2024, 03:39:25 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Auditors: 'Substantial Doubt' GM Can Survive  (Read 1263 times)
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: March 05, 2009, 08:34:39 AM »

I read that extreme persons once described their campaign of destruction on America as "gutting the pig".

Thursday, March 05, 2009 

GM has received $13.4 billion in federal loans as it tries to survive the worst auto sales climate in 27 years. It is seeking a total of $30 billion from the government. During the past three years it has piled up $82 billion in losses, including $30.9 billion in 2008.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,505130,00.html

There is an old saying that goes something like this - 'As General Motors rises and falls, so goes the nation...'   I do believe that some gave up on GM a long time ago and just wanted to milk what was left until it was gone.   There was no real reason to invest in research, make good decisions, just to make decisions based on keeping company bonuses high and the Unions out of trouble.  Market share sliding down that slippery slope...   just my humble opinions

Union wants to share the success?  - throw them a trinket now and then, and don't fund their retirement or healthcare plans.

Do I see our government making sound decisions?  Or, just throwing a few bones like healthcare, and jobs and ignoring the long term success of the nation?  

Russian Scholar Says U.S. Will Collapse Next Year

Panarin argued that Americans are in moral decline, saying their great psychological stress is evident from school shootings, the size of the prison population and the number of gay men.

Turning to economic woes, he cited the slide in major stock indexes, the decline in U.S. gross domestic product and Washington's bailout of banking giant Citigroup as evidence that American dominance of global markets has collapsed.

"I was there recently and things are far from good," he said. "What's happened is the collapse of the American dream."

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,504384,00.html

Where did all the money in Citigroup go?  Did someone withdraw it?  It just disappeared?  Why isn't Obama and his sheriff looking for it?  Maybe put a bounty on those heads?  Maybe it's just the $275 billion for mortgage bailouts?

China isn't in such great trouble.  They built 'firewalls' around their banking system long ago.  Why didn't our government work to protect us?  The same folks Obama, Emanuel, Dodd, Pelosi, and Frank? 

China seems to protect it's people and nation.  Who's protecting the U.S.?

just my humble opinions

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.