April 24, 2024, 12:03:30 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hell's Kitchen  (Read 2472 times)
oldiebutgoodie
Monkey Junky Jr.

« on: March 05, 2009, 11:06:01 AM »

I love this show but who thinks Chef Ramsey goes too far in his abusive manner toward the contestants? Yes, I know they all signed up for it but aside from the melodramatic screaming and cursing, I've seen/heard things from Chef Ramsey that would get a normal person sued so fast it would make their head spin.

I can't respect him as a human being for all the fat jokes and insults he makes to the fat guy. I know Colleen is not a strong line cook but Ramsey committed outright defamation when he screamed at her that she was stealing money from people by running her own cooking school and she ought to refund all the money. This was specifically designed to harm her business.

I thought there was no reason or rhyme or justification for hurting the fat guy over the trip to Catalina. No, it's not Ramsey's fault the helicopter company had a weight limit so the fat guy couldn't go on the helicopter. But, Ramsey and the other guys flew over to Catalina, had their fun, and meanwhile the fat guy was arriving on the boat. As soon as the fat guy arrives, Ramsey says, "Well, it's time to go." And they all got back on the helicopter and left. So the fat guy just had to turn right around and get back on the boat and he had no day of fun at all. That was deliberately cruel.

I think there is a difference between being a blowhard for TV dramatic purposes and being truly vicious and damaging.

I used to really enjoy this show and watching the teams compete and seeing all the struggle. I could even still watch the show hating Chef Ramsey because hating him was part of the fun of the show. But, for normal people, cruelty is not fun to watch. I think after this season, this show may have lost me as a regular viewer.

BETH HOLLOWAY: "We will not let this go until we take Natalee home. It will never end."
fmk
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2009, 12:13:42 AM »

I enjoy his show and watch every week.Yeah he does go over the top sometimes but usually only to the deserving.Colleen was a disaster and i believe Ramsey only said what needed saying , what everybody else was thinking.
The heavy guy i think i partly understand what appears to be cruelty , Ramsey was a proffesional sportsman before he was a cook.
On one hand Ramsey cant change the entire schedule because one guy happens to be obese and on the other the heavy guy was seeing how his weight is and will continue to hold him back.What appeared to be cruelty might very well be a major turning point in the young mans life.
Its quite apparant he must lose a lot of that weight or he might not be around long.I actually enjoyed the large guys humor , was sorry to see him go out in that manner which again is an early warning to him.

Its been one of the poorest lot of contestants in a while i think , the only one that stands out is the young long haired fellow , he looks the type to be groomed into a position within Ramseys organisation.I hold out zero hope for any of the others except possibly Paula , she might run him close.
fmk
Scared Monkey

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2009, 01:05:08 AM »

Well wadda ya know , i couldnt have called it better   
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.