April 20, 2024, 09:54:31 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ALLISON CORRALES 4, mom killed/taken by father 3/6/09 KANSAS CITY MO. SAFE!!!  (Read 6230 times)
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« on: March 06, 2009, 01:38:22 PM »

http://www.kansas.com/news/breaking/story/723813.html

Posted on Fri, Mar. 06, 2009
Amber Alert issued for missing 4-year-old KC girl; mother's body discovered

Kansas City Star
Kansas City police have issued an amber alert for the 4-year-old daughter of a woman whose body was discovered this morning in her Kansas City apartment.

Police were called to the apartment in Kansas City, Mo., about 9:15 a.m. and discovered the 27-year-old woman’s body. The apartment complex is near Interstate 70 and Sterling Avenue.

The woman’s 4-year-old daughter, Allison Corrales, was missing.

Police also are looking for the girl’s father, Luis F. Corrales, who they are describing as a person of interest.

The family’s car, a maroon 1999 or 2001 Kia Sophia, with Missouri license plate PB1 R3R, is also missing.

Anyone with information is asked to call the TIPS hotline at 816-474-8477.

*Nut changed the heading...Amber Alert was lifted
« Last Edit: April 01, 2009, 07:32:07 PM by Nut44x4 » Logged
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2009, 01:59:05 PM »

http://www.kctv5.com/news/18870625/detail.html#

AMBER ALERT: Allison Corrales, 4, Missing From Death Scene
Girl's Mother Found Dead In Kansas City Home

POSTED: 10:57 am CST March 6, 2009
UPDATED: 12:53 pm CST March 6, 2009

KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- Kansas City police have issued an Amber Alert for a 4-year-old missing girl from her apartment where her mother was found dead late Friday morning, officers said.

The 27-year-old woman's brother went to her apartment in the 4000 block of Harvard Circle to check on her because he hadn't heard from her since Wednesday night, said Capt. Rich Lockhart.

The apartment management let him into her apartment, where he found her dead, called police and notified them that the 4-year-old, Allison Corrales, was missing, Lockhart said.

The family's red 1999 Kia Sportage with Missouri license PB1-R3R also was missing, the brother told police, Lockhart said.

Police were investigating the woman's death as a possible homicide, and they were trying to find the 4-year-old's father, Luis Corrales.

Police were not calling him a suspect. They said they wanted to find him to determine whether he knew his daughter's whereabouts.

The mother did have a restraining order against the girl's father, and she had sole custody of the 4-year-old, police said.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2009, 06:32:29 PM »

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,506777,00.html

Father of Missing Kansas City Girl, 4, Named a 'Person of Interest,' Amber Alert Lifted
Saturday , March 07, 2009

Police in Kansas City, Mo., canceled an Amber Alert Saturday for a missing 4-year-old girl and said the child's father was a "person of interest" in her disappearance.

Detectives said they'll continue searching for Allyson Coralles, whose mother was found shot to death in their home Friday. The Amber Alert was issued shortly thereafter.

Investigators are also looking for the girl's father, Luis Coralles, calling him a person of interest in the case. The family vehicle, a red Kia Sportage with a Missouri license plate, also is missing.

Capt. Rich Lockhart said the alert was lifted because they're believed to become less effective after 24 hours.

Officers were called to the home on the city's east side about 9:15 a.m. Friday to discover the 27-year-old woman's body.

She had been shot to death, and police said they were treating the case as a homicide.

Friends and neighbors said they believe the woman killed is Kathy Beres, though investigators didn't release her name, according to FOX 4 KC.
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

HaLeigh~you are loved and in God's loving arms

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2009, 10:43:06 PM »

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,506777,00.html

Father of Missing Kansas City Girl, 4, Named a 'Person of Interest,' Amber Alert Lifted
Saturday , March 07, 2009

Police in Kansas City, Mo., canceled an Amber Alert Saturday for a missing 4-year-old girl and said the child's father was a "person of interest" in her disappearance.

Detectives said they'll continue searching for Allyson Coralles, whose mother was found shot to death in their home Friday. The Amber Alert was issued shortly thereafter.

Investigators are also looking for the girl's father, Luis Coralles, calling him a person of interest in the case. The family vehicle, a red Kia Sportage with a Missouri license plate, also is missing.

Capt. Rich Lockhart said the alert was lifted because they're believed to become less effective after 24 hours.

Officers were called to the home on the city's east side about 9:15 a.m. Friday to discover the 27-year-old woman's body.

She had been shot to death, and police said they were treating the case as a homicide.

Friends and neighbors said they believe the woman killed is Kathy Beres, though investigators didn't release her name, according to FOX 4 KC.

Why did they cancel the Amber Alert......she's still missing no matter who has her and they know what vehicle to look for.........that 24hr idea seems stoopid to me anyway

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
Mudder
Scared Monkey

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2009, 10:53:23 PM »

From
http://www.kctv5.com/moreinthemorning/18870625/detail.html#-

...Police described Luis Corrales as a person of interest in the "homicide/abduction investigation," according to the news release.

Corrales may have relatives in Houston and Manassa, Va., according to the news release.

He had been working in San Antonio but came back to Kansas City to visit his daughter on Sunday, police said.

Though police hadn't yet released the identity of Allyson Corrales' mother, her family said she was Katia Lainez, 27.

Lainez' brother-in-law, Orlando Melgar, went to her apartment in the 4000 block of Harvard Circle on Friday morning to check on her because her sister, Lelis Melgar, hadn't heard from her since Wednesday night.

The apartment management let him into her unit, and he found her dead inside.

Orlando Melgar didn't see any obvious wounds on her body, he said.

"I didn't see blood or anything too," Orlando Melgar said. "I don't know how. I don't know how."...

Why cancel the alert, I don't understand that?
And how can you shot someone and have no blood?

At least they know where he calls home.
Mudder
Scared Monkey

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2009, 10:07:41 PM »

NG is covering this case tonite, missed the first showing, thank goodness for repeating.
Hope it helps find her.
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2009, 07:25:52 PM »

Car in Amber Alert case found in Texas

A vehicle that Kansas City police have been looking for in connection to a March 6 murder and Amber Alert has been located in San Antonio.

The red 1999 Kia Sportage was owned by Katia Lainez, 27, who was found dead in her Kansas City apartment. Police did not find the woman’s 3-year-old daughter, Allison Corrales, that day and issued the alert.

Police did not find the girl, but she is reportedly with her father and the two may have been headed to Mexico.

Kansas City police have been looking for the girl’s father, Luis F. Corrales, 31, since the murder. He is considered a “person of interest.” He was barred by a protection order from seeing Lainez, but his car was found at the apartment complex near the Truman Sports Complex.

On Sunday in San Antonio, the Sportage was involved in a traffic accident. The driver told police that Corrales, a native of Honduras, let him have the car in return for enough money to buy bus tickets for himself and the girl to get to Mexico.

Two Kansas City detectives flew to San Antonio on Monday to speak to the man. Police spokesman Capt. Rich Lockhart said now that it’s been established the girl is with Corrales, the FBI can be brought into the case because she is an American citizen.

Lockhart also said that police would pursue kidnapping charges against Corrales. He is the father but was barred by court order from seeing the girl.

http://www.kansascity.com/news/breaking_news/story/1119053.html

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2017, 01:31:54 PM »

Missing Child Poster NOT FOUND

posterlangs meta tag empty

The poster you have requested is either no longer available or not found. If you believe this is an error please contact the National Center for Missing & Exploited Children® at 1-800-THE-LOST. http://www.missingkids.com/poster/NCMC/1117576

POSTED by BEGOOD on Porchlight:
Allyson, 4, was abducted by her non-custodial father from Kansas City, Missouri on March 4, 2009. He was the prime suspect in the murder of Allyson's mother, who was found murdered inside in her apartment around the time her daughter disappeared. Allyson was found safe in March 2017, but it isn't clear whether her father was also located.
Source Information:
For the Lost

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.