April 16, 2024, 01:10:07 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony #114 3/06/09 - 3/12/09  (Read 416095 times)
zoeandme
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1200 on: March 11, 2009, 12:37:57 AM »

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2009/03/05/48hours/main4845724.shtml

Hi guys--

Just posting this link if you're interested in seeing a story about another "Casey" type.  I had never heard of this girl before I read this article today.  She's flippin' nuts!
bikerbev
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1201 on: March 11, 2009, 12:38:50 AM »

MGO, no I dont think Baez would ever encourage her to take a plea, his self-interest is to make a name for himself & future income off of this "high profile case" he loses that if she takes a plea & he fades back into traffic court.  Casey doesnt realize this but much like she was considered as a free hoochie, she's just a piece of tail (in a sense) for defense attorneys & paid experts to use until the money train dries up.   

Doesnt matter she's too stubborn & self-absorbed, she'd never take one - she truly thinks she's gonna beat this, I must say Im looking forward to observing her face when she finds out otherwise.

Capp, did you follow the McGuire case?  (right there in NJ)
http://www.courttv.com/trials/mcguire/042307_verdict_ctv.html

That exquisite moment when Melanie McGuire heard the jury's verdict, and turned to cling to her attorney with an expression of horror and disbelief... priceless.  Justice was served.

Her lawyer walked away with tons of national publicity.  She got LWOP.  She never expected that would happen.  You can tell that he was "shining her on;" assuring her all along that she would never be found guilty.  WRONG!!

That is what I dream of in this case.  Sorry for O/T, but I see these pics and imagine Casey and Baez....... if I had the talent, I would superimpose their faces on these images, just for my own edification.  In the meantime, I can dream...

That is priceless!!!
zoeandme
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1202 on: March 11, 2009, 12:42:01 AM »

MGO, no I dont think Baez would ever encourage her to take a plea, his self-interest is to make a name for himself & future income off of this "high profile case" he loses that if she takes a plea & he fades back into traffic court.  Casey doesnt realize this but much like she was considered as a free hoochie, she's just a piece of tail (in a sense) for defense attorneys & paid experts to use until the money train dries up.   

Doesnt matter she's too stubborn & self-absorbed, she'd never take one - she truly thinks she's gonna beat this, I must say Im looking forward to observing her face when she finds out otherwise.

That exquisite moment when Melanie McGuire heard the jury's verdict, and turned to cling to her attorney with an expression of horror and disbelief... priceless.  Justice was served.

Her lawyer walked away with tons of national publicity.  She got LWOP.  She never expected that would happen.  You can tell that he was "shining her on;" assuring her all along that she would never be found guilty.  WRONG!!

That is what I dream of in this case.  Sorry for O/T, but I see these pics and imagine Casey and Baez....... if I had the talent, I would superimpose their faces on these images, just for my own edification.  In the meantime, I can dream...

I pray everyday this is exactly the expression we see on Caseys' face at the end of her trial!!!!!
zoeandme
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1203 on: March 11, 2009, 12:44:51 AM »

Sorry, about the link I posted is O/T.....but you guys gotta watch/read about this case.  This girl, Jodi Arias, is like typical sociopathic "all-about-me" Casey Anthony. 
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1204 on: March 11, 2009, 12:51:34 AM »

Im familiar with the case but I moved to MS in late 2003.  OMG her reaction was flippin priceless!   Joe Tacopina, has represented clients in some rather sorted cases, everything from mobsters to bad cops & yes this dismembering murderest.  I think he's lost a lot of steam, at one point he was considered one of the finest defense lawyers in NY.   Just goes to show even a great loss in the courtroom can build an attorney's notarity & further his career.  He's seen often as a legal  pundit talking bout cases & represents Joran (Natalee's case)

Desdemona
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1205 on: March 11, 2009, 12:51:46 AM »

Desi or anyone :   Does anyone know the reason for the constant shamrock theme with Casey ?  Isn't Anthony an Italian surname ?  I don't think Plesea [ Cindy's maiden name ] is Irish  ..

i think its cause her birthday is right around st patricks day.

Thanks ...

I saw in a picture/video a shamrock tattoo on Casey Ho s lower back..

Yes, shamrock tattoo in center of lower back.
Missing shamrock lanyard with Universal ID, per Cindy.
Shamrock decal on rear window of white Pontiac.
Silver shamrock necklace charm.
Shamrock images in PhotoBucket.
Shamrock scrapbooking decorations.
"Show Your Shamrocks" hat found in A's trash.
Caylee's shamrock t-shirt.

Shamrock tattoos on friends.
Shamrock decorations at Lake Vaj house.

And others ---?

Weren't there shamrocks also at the "memorial" ?

Ooh.  I forgot.  2 Points, Ono!   

And are there more?

I come here for the children, not to stroke someone's ego.  --Darla, 12/14/09
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1206 on: March 11, 2009, 01:00:46 AM »

A shamrock was on the teddy bear that many believe was a cremation bear which means Caylee was at her memorial in a sense...the only thing is I was so upset because I felt that much of the memorial was designed to be "Casey's defense rally" shameful

Desdemona
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1207 on: March 11, 2009, 01:13:35 AM »

A shamrock was on the teddy bear that many believe was a cremation bear which means Caylee was at her memorial in a sense...the only thing is I was so upset because I felt that much of the memorial was designed to be "Casey's defense rally" shameful

Shameful is the right word.  Caylee Marie was NOT front and center at that so-called "memorial."  The Anthonys were.  And you are so right, that they used it as a platform for their inexplicable, deplorable efforts to support Casey's defense.

I sometimes see Caylee as a sacrifice that Casey, George, Cindy, and Lee have been willing to accept.  Yes, again, shameful.  Appalling.  Maybe someday we will learn the secret reason for their actions.

Why didn't Cindy and/or George follow up when Caylee and Casey disappeared?
Why didn't George and/or Cindy call 9-1-1 from the tow yard on July 15?
Why all the preposterous, blatant lies, even under oath? 
Why the desperate attempts to use the media as a propaganda tool?

And it just goes on from there, a litany of unanswerable "why's" -- there just has to be something huge that accounts for this bizarre behavior.  I wanna know!

rmcalo
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1208 on: March 11, 2009, 01:18:23 AM »

Hi guys--

Just posting this link if you're interested in seeing a story about another "Casey" type.  I had never heard of this girl before I read this article today.  She's flippin' nuts!

That was insane. Wow. Her eyes look so cold and evil, too.
Desdemona
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1209 on: March 11, 2009, 01:24:17 AM »

Does anybody know who the guy was at the memorial service singing the "Caylee Marie" song?  Was he a church member and did he write that song? 

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/breaking_news/
Caylee's Song
posted by Walter Pacheco on Feb 10, 2009 11:56:14 AM
Discuss This: Comments (0) | TrackBack (0) | Linking Blogs | Add to del.icio.us | Digg it

Toward the close of the service, Jon Whynock sang a song written in honor of the little girl, accompanying himself on an acoustic guitar.

"Caylee Marie/You were sent from heaven to me," went the refrain.

George and Cindy Anthony nodded.

"Now you're everyone's gift for all eternity," Whynock sang.

When he was done, Cindy Anthony spoke: "Good Bye, Caylee Marie."

(I heard that Cindy wrote the lyrics, but don't quote me on that.)

Here is a link to his myspace pics.  http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewPicture&friendID=73136083&albumId=853728

He has written other songs, too -- they are on his main myspace page.
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=73136083

Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1210 on: March 11, 2009, 01:36:19 AM »

Before I post this new article from Local6, I just want to denote once again the defense slant I see that is permeating thru their coverage, especially by one specific reporter.

Video Shows Anthony, Baez In Jail Crying Together

22-Year-Old Jailed On Murder Charges In Daughter's Death

POSTED: Tuesday, March 10, 2009
UPDATED: 10:33 pm EDT March 10, 2009

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/18901068/detail.html

Caylee Marie Anthony.
ORLANDO, Fla. -- Casey Anthony and her attorney cried together in the Orange County Jail when he visited his client on the day her daughter's remains were discovered, and the sobbing was captured on videotape, Local 6 News reporter Jessica D'Onofrio has learned.
Jose Baez visited his client on Dec. 11 as news was breaking that remains of a child -- later identified as Caylee Anthony -- had been located in a wooded lot near the Anthony family home in east Orange County.

In a court document filed by Baez on Tuesday, he acknowledged the video, mentioning what he called an "unauthorized videotaping of the defendant's counsel while meeting with the defendant," Local 6 News reported.

Prominent local defense attorney Mark Nejame, who once represented Anthony's parents, said it is not illegal for the jail to record visits.

"It might be bothersome, but it's surely not anything unordinary to the extent that routinely all that I can remember in 28 years of jail visits, we're always watched and there's no expectation of privacy in the jail," NeJame said.

According to Orange County Jail spokesman Allen Moore who Local 6 contacted after hours, he said he was unaware of any such recording. However, Moore did say that there is security video throughout the female detention center, including its classrooms where Baez often meets with his client.

Baez plans to file sanctions to keep the video from being released to the public.

Anthony, 22, remains jailed on first-degree murder charges in the death of her daughter. She said in a sworn affidavit on Tuesday that she has not given Baez any right to sell her story or that of her daughter.

Prosecutors filed a motion on Monday to learn if Baez has made any deals that could be a conflict of interest in representing his client. Prosecutors were concerned that if Anthony was convicted, she could appeal the decision by claiming that her attorney was not serving her best interests but his own.

Baez has called the state's action a witch hunt. In the sworn affidavit, Anthony wrote in her own words that she believes one of the prosecutors is "angry because I have refused to take a plea agreement for a crime that I DID NOT commit."

Watch Local 6 News for more on this story.

My commentary:  Baez can file for sanctions all he wants, there is no audio on the surveillance tape & the State or jail never said anything about releasing it.   They might release the tape in the med center which was standard procedure for the jail & not denying her counsel be present-they didnt interrogate her.   Interesting that he is making a stink because if they were both crying you'd think that might show something favorable the defense could glean from Casey's reaction - but then again keep in mind this was DEC 11th & Caylee was NOT identified so why is she crying?   Why was she doubled over & asking for sedatives?   Why did she assume it was Caylee after other false alarms?  Maybe Baez is aware of the reason, Casey certainly is.      There is no doubt in my mind Casey was crying because she knew she was caught, not that Caylee might be dead.

bikerbev
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1211 on: March 11, 2009, 01:36:52 AM »

Does anybody know who the guy was at the memorial service singing the "Caylee Marie" song?  Was he a church member and did he write that song? 

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/breaking_news/
Caylee's Song
posted by Walter Pacheco on Feb 10, 2009 11:56:14 AM
Discuss This: Comments (0) | TrackBack (0) | Linking Blogs | Add to del.icio.us | Digg it

Toward the close of the service, Jon Whynock sang a song written in honor of the little girl, accompanying himself on an acoustic guitar.

"Caylee Marie/You were sent from heaven to me," went the refrain.

George and Cindy Anthony nodded.

"Now you're everyone's gift for all eternity," Whynock sang.

When he was done, Cindy Anthony spoke: "Good Bye, Caylee Marie."

(I heard that Cindy wrote the lyrics, but don't quote me on that.)

Here is a link to his myspace pics.  http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewPicture&friendID=73136083&albumId=853728

He has written other songs, too -- they are on his main myspace page.
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=73136083

Thank you.  I thought all the singers were great, but Jon's facial expressions and the happiness that came off his face when he was singing struck a cord with me.  He seemed to be really, really enjoy what he was doing.  Thanks again.
Desdemona
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1212 on: March 11, 2009, 01:38:08 AM »

Hi guys--

So THAT's where everybody went all of a sudden!

Long story but very chilling, and you're right, definitely a "Casey" type.

How scary!  There are monsters among us.  And they don't look like monsters.
(But -- importantly -- as seen in that story, there often are HUGE warning signs, aren't there?)

Thanks for posting this.

FL Beagle Mom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1213 on: March 11, 2009, 01:56:50 AM »

Before I post this new article from Local6, I just want to denote once again the

My commentary:  Baez can file for sanctions all he wants, there is no audio on the surveillance tape & the State or jail never said anything about releasing it.   They might release the tape in the med center which was standard procedure for the jail & not denying her counsel be present-they didnt interrogate her.   Interesting that he is making a stink because if they were both crying you'd think that might show something favorable the defense could glean from Casey's reaction - but then again keep in mind this was DEC 11th & Caylee was NOT identified so why is she crying?   Why was she doubled over & asking for sedatives?   Why did she assume it was Caylee after other false alarms?  Maybe Baez is aware of the reason, Casey certainly is.      There is no doubt in my mind Casey was crying because she knew she was caught, not that Caylee might be dead.

You'd think that any normal person in jail would want the video shown cuz the video would show emotions...we know Casey is void of emotions (well the grieving kind).  Wonder if there is something else on the video....like Casey and Baez "hugging" or sharing licorice.

Caylee's Warriors:  Relax, I've got this one -- GOD
Desdemona
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1214 on: March 11, 2009, 03:02:02 AM »

Thank you.  I thought all the singers were great, but Jon's facial expressions and the happiness that came off his face when he was singing struck a cord with me.  He seemed to be really, really enjoy what he was doing.  Thanks again.
[/quote]

Oh you are most welcome.

Jon Whynock sings "Caylee Marie" at the Memorial:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAu_2Zfsylg

Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1215 on: March 11, 2009, 05:57:39 AM »

Casey Anthony case: Baez files objection to request for financial disclosure
Willoughby Mariano | Sentinel Staff Writer
March 11, 2009
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/caylee-anthony/orl-loccasey11031109mar11,0,4353127.story

Casey Anthony's attorney blasted prosecutors in a court filing Tuesday, saying they are acting "solely to harass and embarrass" the 22-year-old's defense.

The objection, filed in Orange County Circuit Court, responds to prosecutors who want Anthony to reveal how she pays for her high-profile defense team. The young mother had few resources before the disappearance and killing of her daughter, 2-year-old Caylee Marie Anthony, made national news. Prosecutors think Casey Anthony may be paying her lawyers by selling her story.

If Casey Anthony signed away her rights to sell her story to her defense attorney José Baez, he may have a conflict of interest, prosecutors argue.

Baez fired back Tuesday, saying prosecutors are speculating — possibly based on "tabloid news broadcasts." Baez has no conflict of interest, and no rights to sell Casey Anthony's or Caylee Marie's story, the filing adds.

"It is the Defense's position that this motion has been filed solely to harass and embarrass the Defendant's counsel," according to the objection. Baez wants Orange County Circuit Court Judge Stan Strickland to throw out the state's motion unless prosecutors show evidence of a conflict. (not happening Bozo)

Orange-Osceola State Attorney's Office spokeswoman Danielle Tavernier did not respond to the defense's accusations, saying prosecutors will address the issue in court.
The objection included a sworn affidavit from Casey Anthony saying her agreement to retain Baez does not include any language that allows him to sell the stories of her or her daughter. In her own handwriting, she accused Assistant State Attorney Jeff Ashton of acting vengefully.

"I believe that Mr. Ashton is angry because I have refused to take a plea agreement for a crime that I DID NOT commit," she wrote.

The State Attorney's Office has no record of a formal plea offer in Casey Anthony's case, Tavernier said.

The affidavit does not mention whether Baez gets a portion of money Casey Anthony receives for allowing news outlets exclusive access to her photos or videos. Major news organizations routinely pay "licensing fees" to get them.

"What is not addressed in the motion is confidential and private," Baez's spokeswoman Marti Mackenzie said

Just like I said yesterday, this was Bozo's attempt at being clever...NOT!

Scarrlett
Monkey Junky Jr.

To Boldly Go Where No MAN Has Gone Before!

« Reply #1216 on: March 11, 2009, 06:14:57 AM »

http://www.myfoxorlando.com/dpp/news/031009Judge_Napolitano_on_Anthony_Baez_conflict_of_interest

Judge Napalitano speaks about the most recent motion filed by the State. He thinks it's bunk.
About George's note: why pertinent? To judge George's mental capacity if he takes the stand.
Judge can't imagine GA will take the stand.
If he says he knows his daughter did this, would prosec. use in trial? George's opinion is irrelevent, and a jury would never find out if he "thinks" his daughter did this.

Wow, kinda fun having the cage to myself. I do believe I'm going to swing from the chandeliers for a bit!

I knew Judge Napalitano professionally back in the day in Jersey as a no nonsense judge, in recent years he's a talkhead & much of what he says seems to be the result of drinking too much way liberal koolaid.  The motion is NOT bunk on grounds of concern if the defendant has not signed a waiver giving her attorney permission to make profit off of the story, images of her or Caylee, etc it would give a reason for appeal for a conflict of interest and/or ineffective counsel down the road should a conviction occur.  He knows this, he's being a drama queen like his buddy Whoraldo.

The note may be pertinent for other reasons, not merely if George's opinion is that his daughter killed his granddaughter.   It goes to  any direct knowledge George had & if there is an obvious cover up that the note speaks to, did the judge consider that the note is said to have contained a comment from George that he bought a gun and wanted to teach Casey's friends a lesson-a gun was bought in August & confiscated that George later stated was for protection because his family was being threatened, which is a lie then, no.

IMHO Will the suicide note be made public?  I doubt it, if anything it will be sealed until trial.

Ahhh Ha. I am glad you are up.

I wouldn't be a bit surprised if Geraldo has "people" with his peeps and I do believe Baez already is well on his way. This is just beginning of these stunts I bet. We got a long way to go.............

As far as the the gun issue with George and the note. It must be awful to be him, a Dad who has had to do some difficult things. I don't think my Dad would cover for me as he was in LE but I know it would tear him up.
And if my child would of went missing there would of been a ton of people at my door with guns,rifles etc. One difference is ; We would of been searching, and pleading. Why none of this from the Anthony's??

I would protect my home from that hostile invasion and I have that right.   

If you take care of God's creatures; He will take care of you.
Scarrlett
Monkey Junky Jr.

To Boldly Go Where No MAN Has Gone Before!

« Reply #1217 on: March 11, 2009, 06:27:12 AM »

Good Morning BTW.

I also can not imagine what the defence could possibly say that would convince me she is not responsible for this crime.

I wanted to ask you if the defence had knowledge of a crime or had important info on like a child stealing ring{GaG}; wouldn't it be a crime to not tell this info to the law?? Some Agency? Even if you hate prosecutors,if you think other children could be in danger,why not inform some help??

If you take care of God's creatures; He will take care of you.
theboyzmom
Monkey Junky

Brandi is making sure I get around!

« Reply #1218 on: March 11, 2009, 06:38:27 AM »

Wait Wait Wait - is that even legal to write a personal note on an affadivent ( I know that is not spelled right) that goes before the judge when you are in prison on murder one?????   Is that even legal?????

Good point.  Doesn't someone have to verify the docs.  like a notary.

her attorney let her do it!!
 kinda gives ya insight into how intelligent and professionel he is!!
it looks tacky to say the least!!!
TOTAL GHETTO FABULOUS HELLOOOOO~!!!!!!

Yes - it is legal - as long as it is written before the notary signs it. A bigger question is where they got the notary. Did Jose bring one from the office with him or did the jail provide one? I am willing to bet that there is a good chance she was not in front of the notary when it was signed . . .

We can never be sure that the opinion we are endeavoring to stifle is a false opinion; and if we were sure, stifling it would be an evil still. - John Stuart Mill On Liberty, 1859
- George Bernard Shaw
theboyzmom
Monkey Junky

Brandi is making sure I get around!

« Reply #1219 on: March 11, 2009, 06:55:20 AM »

Snipped

a few questions I noticed since Ive come back from watching some TV:

Handwritten corrections that are initialed and/or an additional statement being written is acceptable with a signature.   No, you don't need a notary to witness the signing of an affidavit.  Even judges have handwritten in an order if something is modified or added.

Capp - normally you are right  on - but this time you are mistaken. Affidavits MUST be sworn statements - which means that before you sign them someone has to swear you in and then sign to say you swore to the statements within the document. most states this is a notary. But not all states allow notaries to give oaths.

The attorneys I worked for had several lawsuits thrown out of court because a signed statement did not meet the requirement of an affidavit.  And those dismissals have been upheld all the way to the Supreme Court of Michigan.

We can never be sure that the opinion we are endeavoring to stifle is a false opinion; and if we were sure, stifling it would be an evil still. - John Stuart Mill On Liberty, 1859
- George Bernard Shaw
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.