April 25, 2024, 02:41:30 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony #114 3/06/09 - 3/12/09  (Read 416485 times)
ChihuahuaMom
Scared Monkey

LittleMan 2008 AKC top 5th agility chihuahua

« Reply #1220 on: March 11, 2009, 06:57:30 AM »

Casey Anthony case: Baez files objection to request for financial disclosure
Willoughby Mariano | Sentinel Staff Writer
March 11, 2009
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/caylee-anthony/orl-loccasey11031109mar11,0,4353127.story

Casey Anthony's attorney blasted prosecutors in a court filing Tuesday, saying they are acting "solely to harass and embarrass" the 22-year-old's defense.

The objection, filed in Orange County Circuit Court, responds to prosecutors who want Anthony to reveal how she pays for her high-profile defense team. The young mother had few resources before the disappearance and killing of her daughter, 2-year-old Caylee Marie Anthony, made national news. Prosecutors think Casey Anthony may be paying her lawyers by selling her story.

If Casey Anthony signed away her rights to sell her story to her defense attorney José Baez, he may have a conflict of interest, prosecutors argue.

Baez fired back Tuesday, saying prosecutors are speculating — possibly based on "tabloid news broadcasts." Baez has no conflict of interest, and no rights to sell Casey Anthony's or Caylee Marie's story, the filing adds.

"It is the Defense's position that this motion has been filed solely to harass and embarrass the Defendant's counsel," according to the objection. Baez wants Orange County Circuit Court Judge Stan Strickland to throw out the state's motion unless prosecutors show evidence of a conflict. (not happening Bozo)

Orange-Osceola State Attorney's Office spokeswoman Danielle Tavernier did not respond to the defense's accusations, saying prosecutors will address the issue in court.
The objection included a sworn affidavit from Casey Anthony saying her agreement to retain Baez does not include any language that allows him to sell the stories of her or her daughter. In her own handwriting, she accused Assistant State Attorney Jeff Ashton of acting vengefully.

"I believe that Mr. Ashton is angry because I have refused to take a plea agreement for a crime that I DID NOT commit," she wrote.

The State Attorney's Office has no record of a formal plea offer in Casey Anthony's case, Tavernier said.

The affidavit does not mention whether Baez gets a portion of money Casey Anthony receives for allowing news outlets exclusive access to her photos or videos. Major news organizations routinely pay "licensing fees" to get them.

"What is not addressed in the motion is confidential and private," Baez's spokeswoman Marti Mackenzie said

Just like I said yesterday, this was Bozo's attempt at being clever...NOT!

Good Morning All!

I have a question. We know Casey Ho got $$ from selling pics and videos......correct? My question is, doesn't she have to pay taxes on that money?

which brings up another point, all LE had to do was contact the IRS to see if she had a job or not
theboyzmom
Monkey Junky

Brandi is making sure I get around!

« Reply #1221 on: March 11, 2009, 07:05:45 AM »

Anyone notice on NG tonight in the video with George and Cindy at the jail... George is telling Casey "you're the boss".  What is it with them and being bosses to even teach Caylee to say she's the boss? Oh well, it struck me odd.

Perper was breaking down the costs of the experts... $400 -  $600 an hour for preperation and  testify

Says  that it's about $100,000 per expert..   

I have almost never talked to an expert about criminal testimony fees but I do know in civil cases he may be a little off.  One of the experts in this case (who I have seen actually work as an expert in a couple of cases I was involved in with the attorneys I worked for) Charged $600 per hour for review. He had a per diem charge for trial testimony - I think it was like $1500 - and that was for, IIRC, each day he was on call for testimony. That was a few years ago though and I am sure it has changed. With travel and time for each of these experts I am sure that $100,000 is a pretty low number.

I am not sure about this motion - I do not think the State has the right to know KC's finances. But I do think that they have to make sure she can not claim the conflict later as an appellate issue.

We can never be sure that the opinion we are endeavoring to stifle is a false opinion; and if we were sure, stifling it would be an evil still. - John Stuart Mill On Liberty, 1859
- George Bernard Shaw
akmom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1222 on: March 11, 2009, 07:14:02 AM »

In the text messages between Casey and Tony, he says I'll put your face in the pillow.  They are discussing noise if he came to visit, etc.  It made me ill when I read that.

On the shamrocks, in looking up her friends on myspace and also looking at their websites, there are many, many references to shamrocks.  Lots of disturbing and violent images with them also.  I do not know if it means anything, but I was very surprised at how much there is.

I will ALWAYS stand with the girls, Natalee and Caylee, forever.
Scarrlett
Monkey Junky Jr.

To Boldly Go Where No MAN Has Gone Before!

« Reply #1223 on: March 11, 2009, 07:23:25 AM »

Hi BoyzM..Talking about all this money stuff I thought I heard Lee and Casey talk about a bank account . I was just listening to the jail call , July 25TH,Part 2 of 3 at 11:45 on.

Very interesting that he asks her if she has any bank accounts and she says she JUST opened an account at Wachovia. Casey also states that mom knows about it. I just told here. She is not working yet can open an account????

Knowing what we know now and re-visiting this particular jail visit is very very telling to me and seems to make Lee look like a liar as well.
I don't know if this will link to it but give it a try.....Part 1 is a lot of blah nonsense from the two. Also Casey tells Lee that NOTHING would be worth looking into on myspace etc.and phone records would be his best bet!!    NOT what he said under oath!

Liar lair  http://www.wftv.com/video_legacy/18212494/index.html

If you take care of God's creatures; He will take care of you.
Scarrlett
Monkey Junky Jr.

To Boldly Go Where No MAN Has Gone Before!

« Reply #1224 on: March 11, 2009, 07:27:28 AM »

Casey Anthony case: Baez files objection to request for financial disclosure
Willoughby Mariano | Sentinel Staff Writer
March 11, 2009
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/caylee-anthony/orl-loccasey11031109mar11,0,4353127.story

Casey Anthony's attorney blasted prosecutors in a court filing Tuesday, saying they are acting "solely to harass and embarrass" the 22-year-old's defense.

The objection, filed in Orange County Circuit Court, responds to prosecutors who want Anthony to reveal how she pays for her high-profile defense team. The young mother had few resources before the disappearance and killing of her daughter, 2-year-old Caylee Marie Anthony, made national news. Prosecutors think Casey Anthony may be paying her lawyers by selling her story.

If Casey Anthony signed away her rights to sell her story to her defense attorney José Baez, he may have a conflict of interest, prosecutors argue.

Baez fired back Tuesday, saying prosecutors are speculating — possibly based on "tabloid news broadcasts." Baez has no conflict of interest, and no rights to sell Casey Anthony's or Caylee Marie's story, the filing adds.

"It is the Defense's position that this motion has been filed solely to harass and embarrass the Defendant's counsel," according to the objection. Baez wants Orange County Circuit Court Judge Stan Strickland to throw out the state's motion unless prosecutors show evidence of a conflict. (not happening Bozo)

Orange-Osceola State Attorney's Office spokeswoman Danielle Tavernier did not respond to the defense's accusations, saying prosecutors will address the issue in court.
The objection included a sworn affidavit from Casey Anthony saying her agreement to retain Baez does not include any language that allows him to sell the stories of her or her daughter. In her own handwriting, she accused Assistant State Attorney Jeff Ashton of acting vengefully.

"I believe that Mr. Ashton is angry because I have refused to take a plea agreement for a crime that I DID NOT commit," she wrote.

The State Attorney's Office has no record of a formal plea offer in Casey Anthony's case, Tavernier said.

The affidavit does not mention whether Baez gets a portion of money Casey Anthony receives for allowing news outlets exclusive access to her photos or videos. Major news organizations routinely pay "licensing fees" to get them.

"What is not addressed in the motion is confidential and private," Baez's spokeswoman Marti Mackenzie said

Just like I said yesterday, this was Bozo's attempt at being clever...NOT!

Good Morning All!

I have a question. We know Casey Ho got $$ from selling pics and videos......correct? My question is, doesn't she have to pay taxes on that money?

which brings up another point, all LE had to do was contact the IRS to see if she had a job or not

BRAVO Chihuahua. Pleasure to meet you.

This is utter genius.  Lets start swinging from the vines at all ends of the cage!! IRS WOW..Who else could we summon?? Think Monkeys, Think         

If you take care of God's creatures; He will take care of you.
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1225 on: March 11, 2009, 07:47:45 AM »

Video Shows Anthony, Baez In Jail Crying Together
22-Year-Old Jailed On Murder Charges In Daughter's Death

POSTED: Tuesday, March 10, 2009
UPDATED: 10:33 pm EDT March 10, 2009
[Caylee Marie Anthony.]
Caylee Marie Anthony.
ORLANDO, Fla. -- Casey Anthony and her attorney cried together in the Orange County Jail when he visited his client on the day her daughter's remains were discovered, and the sobbing was captured on videotape, Local 6 News reporter Jessica D'Onofrio has learned.

Jose Baez visited his client on Dec. 11 as news was breaking that remains of a child -- later identified as Caylee Anthony -- had been located in a wooded lot near the Anthony family home in east Orange County.

In a court document filed by Baez on Tuesday, he acknowledged the video, mentioning what he called an "unauthorized videotaping of the defendant's counsel while meeting with the defendant," Local 6 News reported.

Prominent local defense attorney Mark Nejame, who once represented Anthony's parents, said it is not illegal for the jail to record visits.

"It might be bothersome, but it's surely not anything unordinary to the extent that routinely all that I can remember in 28 years of jail visits, we're always watched and there's no expectation of privacy in the jail," NeJame said.

According to Orange County Jail spokesman Allen Moore who Local 6 contacted after hours, he said he was unaware of any such recording. However, Moore did say that there is security video throughout the female detention center, including its classrooms where Baez often meets with his client.

Baez plans to file sanctions to keep the video from being released to the public.

Anthony, 22, remains jailed on first-degree murder charges in the death of her daughter. She said in a sworn affidavit on Tuesday that she has not given Baez any right to sell her story or that of her daughter.

Prosecutors filed a motion on Monday to learn if Baez has made any deals that could be a conflict of interest in representing his client. Prosecutors were concerned that if Anthony was convicted, she could appeal the decision by claiming that her attorney was not serving her best interests but his own.

Baez has called the state's action a witch hunt. In the sworn affidavit, Anthony wrote in her own words that she believes one of the prosecutors is "angry because I have refused to take a plea agreement for a crime that I DID NOT commit."

Watch Local 6 News for more on this story.

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/18901068/detail.html#-

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1226 on: March 11, 2009, 07:49:52 AM »

Good Morning Monkeys. 

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1227 on: March 11, 2009, 08:01:49 AM »

Anyone notice on NG tonight in the video with George and Cindy at the jail... George is telling Casey "you're the boss".  What is it with them and being bosses to even teach Caylee to say she's the boss? Oh well, it struck me odd.

Perper was breaking down the costs of the experts... $400 -  $600 an hour for preperation and  testify

Says  that it's about $100,000 per expert..   

I have almost never talked to an expert about criminal testimony fees but I do know in civil cases he may be a little off.  One of the experts in this case (who I have seen actually work as an expert in a couple of cases I was involved in with the attorneys I worked for) Charged $600 per hour for review. He had a per diem charge for trial testimony - I think it was like $1500 - and that was for, IIRC, each day he was on call for testimony. That was a few years ago though and I am sure it has changed. With travel and time for each of these experts I am sure that $100,000 is a pretty low number.

I am not sure about this motion - I do not think the State has the right to know KC's finances. But I do think that they have to make sure she can not claim the conflict later as an appellate issue.

The issue is not her income, its if her attorney is profitting off her story, image, property, videos & in this case since related her child victim's images without her knowledge & permission or if her attorney profits above & beyond a contractual agreement they made without her knowledge & consent prior to a conviction causing a conflict of interest and/or ineffective counsel because her attorney would then have self-interest in how he represents her.   Even though the "Son of Sam" law was reversed, some states have passed a new version that does not allow a convicted felon from profitting off their crime, Im pretty positive Florida does have a revised law.

On if she worked, you can bet her IRS history was investigated.

Sassycat
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1228 on: March 11, 2009, 08:09:27 AM »

Sassycat
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1229 on: March 11, 2009, 08:16:07 AM »

Video Shows Anthony, Baez In Jail Crying Together
22-Year-Old Jailed On Murder Charges In Daughter's Death

POSTED: Tuesday, March 10, 2009
UPDATED: 10:33 pm EDT March 10, 2009
[Caylee Marie Anthony.]
Caylee Marie Anthony.
ORLANDO, Fla. -- Casey Anthony and her attorney cried together in the Orange County Jail when he visited his client on the day her daughter's remains were discovered, and the sobbing was captured on videotape, Local 6 News reporter Jessica D'Onofrio has learned.

Jose Baez visited his client on Dec. 11 as news was breaking that remains of a child -- later identified as Caylee Anthony -- had been located in a wooded lot near the Anthony family home in east Orange County.

In a court document filed by Baez on Tuesday, he acknowledged the video, mentioning what he called an "unauthorized videotaping of the defendant's counsel while meeting with the defendant," Local 6 News reported.

Prominent local defense attorney Mark Nejame, who once represented Anthony's parents, said it is not illegal for the jail to record visits.

"It might be bothersome, but it's surely not anything unordinary to the extent that routinely all that I can remember in 28 years of jail visits, we're always watched and there's no expectation of privacy in the jail," NeJame said.

According to Orange County Jail spokesman Allen Moore who Local 6 contacted after hours, he said he was unaware of any such recording. However, Moore did say that there is security video throughout the female detention center, including its classrooms where Baez often meets with his client.

Baez plans to file sanctions to keep the video from being released to the public.

Anthony, 22, remains jailed on first-degree murder charges in the death of her daughter. She said in a sworn affidavit on Tuesday that she has not given Baez any right to sell her story or that of her daughter.

Prosecutors filed a motion on Monday to learn if Baez has made any deals that could be a conflict of interest in representing his client. Prosecutors were concerned that if Anthony was convicted, she could appeal the decision by claiming that her attorney was not serving her best interests but his own.

Baez has called the state's action a witch hunt. In the sworn affidavit, Anthony wrote in her own words that she believes one of the prosecutors is "angry because I have refused to take a plea agreement for a crime that I DID NOT commit."

Watch Local 6 News for more on this story.

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/18901068/detail.html#-

I wonder if Baez went in there, and whispered to KC "start crying because we are probably being video-taped".   IMO, the only reason why she would cry is because she knew her game was over.    I also wonder if he was actually sobbing and what his wife thinks about that.     Its not like they didn't already know that Caylee was gone.   Was he crying for Caylee, too - or was he crying because he has feelings for KC?    I hope I'm not offending anyone with my thoughts.
Interesting that there are TWO jail videos showing her reaction.   
theboyzmom
Monkey Junky

Brandi is making sure I get around!

« Reply #1230 on: March 11, 2009, 08:21:26 AM »

Hi BoyzM..Talking about all this money stuff I thought I heard Lee and Casey talk about a bank account . I was just listening to the jail call , July 25TH,Part 2 of 3 at 11:45 on.

Very interesting that he asks her if she has any bank accounts and she says she JUST opened an account at Wachovia. Casey also states that mom knows about it. I just told here. She is not working yet can open an account????

Knowing what we know now and re-visiting this particular jail visit is very very telling to me and seems to make Lee look like a liar as well.
I don't know if this will link to it but give it a try.....Part 1 is a lot of blah nonsense from the two. Also Casey tells Lee that NOTHING would be worth looking into on myspace etc.and phone records would be his best bet!!    NOT what he said under oath!

Interesting - I wonder what money she used to open the account? I almost fell off my chair when she said that there was nothing of interest in anyone else's accounts - was she charged with the fraud at this point? The code talking just confuses me. I also wondered if she and LA discussed that the password did not work so she could claim someone else when into her computer and did things and changed the password? Or I wonder if CA changed it so KC could not come back into the house and use the computer?

We can never be sure that the opinion we are endeavoring to stifle is a false opinion; and if we were sure, stifling it would be an evil still. - John Stuart Mill On Liberty, 1859
- George Bernard Shaw
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1231 on: March 11, 2009, 08:30:24 AM »

Has anyone looked at Joy's chat?   GA (supposedly) posting over there asking J if she is going to be at  the hearings on Thurs.  and can't wait for him and Cin Cin to get together.
He doesn't seem very distraught to me.  They all make me sick.

If they can get together with that piece of work, then I think he and spindy can get together with John Morgan and have a deposition.     ohh, on second thought, he IS trying to prove to the judge that he is mental unstable.  It explains the get together.
Agreed. I'll be looking for Joy at the hearing, she won't be hard to miss, she will be holding a sign with some nonsense scribbled on it. 

NoRo, you are cracking me up!!!

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1232 on: March 11, 2009, 08:30:27 AM »

Sassycat,no offense felt over here.I think she cried cause she got caught.We really need to see that tape.  BRB gotta get some snacks. 

~ Peter Frampton
goodnmad
Monkey All Star Jr.

Good grief! It's Charlie Brown.

« Reply #1233 on: March 11, 2009, 08:31:32 AM »

Crying together???? WTF?  nothing strange there, hmmmm.

GMAFB! Crying because they knew they were SCREWED!!!!

Unless Baez is the baby's daddy I don't think crying was really called for on his part.

And Casey refused to accept a plea for a crime she did NOT commit??? Really. 

P.S. Good morning monkeys!!!! Anyone care for a fresh cup of delusion??

I remember you, Caylee.
Sassycat
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1234 on: March 11, 2009, 08:32:09 AM »

Desi or anyone :   Does anyone know the reason for the constant shamrock theme with Casey ?  Isn't Anthony an Italian surname ?  I don't think Plesea [ Cindy's maiden name ] is Irish  ..

i think its cause her birthday is right around st patricks day.

Thanks ...

I saw in a picture/video a shamrock tattoo on Casey Ho s lower back..

Yes, shamrock tattoo in center of lower back.
Missing shamrock lanyard with Universal ID, per Cindy.
Shamrock decal on rear window of white Pontiac.
Silver shamrock necklace charm.
Shamrock images in PhotoBucket.
Shamrock scrapbooking decorations.
"Show Your Shamrocks" hat found in A's trash.
Caylee's shamrock t-shirt.

Shamrock tattoos on friends.
Shamrock decorations at Lake Vaj house.

And others ---?

Weren't there shamrocks also at the "memorial" ?

Ooh.  I forgot.  2 Points, Ono!   

And are there more?

Isn't Shamrock another name for Ecstasy?

http://www.ecstasydata.org/viewtablet.php?ID=82
Sassycat
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1235 on: March 11, 2009, 08:33:42 AM »

Unless Baez is the baby's daddy I don't think crying was really called for on his part.

We'll get lots of that tomorrow - what time is that hearing, anyway?
Sassycat
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1236 on: March 11, 2009, 08:38:37 AM »

Interesting - I wonder what money she used to open the account? I almost fell off my chair when she said that there was nothing of interest in anyone else's accounts - was she charged with the fraud at this point? The code talking just confuses me. I also wondered if she and LA discussed that the password did not work so she could claim someone else when into her computer and did things and changed the password? Or I wonder if CA changed it so KC could not come back into the house and use the computer?

Maybe she was making a little cash selling photos of herself doing nasty things.    Interesting thoughts you have about the passwords.
goodnmad
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1237 on: March 11, 2009, 08:38:38 AM »

Shamrock ... isn't the ho's b-day just 2 days after st patty's day?  Just saying, that could be the "depth" of the symbolism. Plus a lot of people like the image of a shamrock. It has become "trendy." But who knows???

I like them too. My grandpa used to find four-leaf clovers all the time and that's why I have a happy association attached to it. Plus green is my fave color.

I remember you, Caylee.
goodnmad
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1238 on: March 11, 2009, 08:39:44 AM »

We'll get lots of that tomorrow - what time is that hearing, anyway?

yeah, we'll all need barf bags.  HURL!!!!

I remember you, Caylee.
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1239 on: March 11, 2009, 08:46:39 AM »

Maybe she was making a little cash selling photos of herself doing nasty things.    Interesting thoughts you have about the passwords.

I also wondered about the photo selling.
Interesting thought on the passwords Boyzmom.

~ Peter Frampton
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.