April 25, 2024, 08:13:58 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony #114 3/06/09 - 3/12/09  (Read 416471 times)
Tevye
Monkey Junky

Burn, baby, burn...'Ol Sparky is waiting for you!

« Reply #320 on: March 07, 2009, 09:39:17 PM »

I know I never post a lot, but I read almost all of the posts daily. I do have one question about a possible Casey defense scenario that really bothers me.
How can the Defense team put an accidental death scenario out there when the remains were found with "Duct Tape" wrapped around the head? IMO, there is no accidental scenario out there that would in any way involve duct tape wrapped around Caylee's head. Maybe someone else has posed this question and I just missed it, but I'm just sayin' no way could this ever be misconstrued as an accident.
Hello Sam ( may I call you that?)  I think they are thinking along the lines that Caylee was killed in an accident.  It has been said Casey treated her dead pets the same way.....She would bundle them up and put a heart with them.  Forgive me, I cant remember the exact story.

Hi A-1
Sam is fine. I remember reading that story as well, but still "duct tape" around the head is no accident.
See, I still have a problem with the duct tape.  I dont understand how the duct tape would stay attached after the skin was gone. 
Duct tape wrapped so tightly, it wouldn't slip off. Quite possibly it was held in place by the lower jaw.

Remember Ladies, get the damm mamm!     Thanks, Brandi!
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #321 on: March 07, 2009, 09:41:58 PM »

HI cappucino
I enjoy reading your posts!! your a very intelligent person and  your logic and posts make alot of sense.  thanks for the great research you do to bring us uptodate info.

Katie thank you for your sweetness, you made me blush

Samiam
Scared Monkey

« Reply #322 on: March 07, 2009, 09:43:10 PM »

Good Night All ! I have an early day tomorrow. I have enjoyed being able to share time and thoughts in the cage. I will be checking in often and lurking and reading when things pick up in the cage.

"Denial.......Isn't that in Egypt?"
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #323 on: March 07, 2009, 09:45:10 PM »

I know I never post a lot, but I read almost all of the posts daily. I do have one question about a possible Casey defense scenario that really bothers me.
How can the Defense team put an accidental death scenario out there when the remains were found with "Duct Tape" wrapped around the head? IMO, there is no accidental scenario out there that would in any way involve duct tape wrapped around Caylee's head. Maybe someone else has posed this question and I just missed it, but I'm just sayin' no way could this ever be misconstrued as an accident.
Hello Sam ( may I call you that?)  I think they are thinking along the lines that Caylee was killed in an accident.  It has been said Casey treated her dead pets the same way.....She would bundle them up and put a heart with them.  Forgive me, I cant remember the exact story.

Hi A-1
Sam is fine. I remember reading that story as well, but still "duct tape" around the head is no accident.
See, I still have a problem with the duct tape.  I dont understand how the duct tape would stay attached after the skin was gone. 
Duct tape wrapped so tightly, it wouldn't slip off. Quite possibly it was held in place by the lower jaw.

God I hate to expound further but yes if the duct tape was bound tight catching the hair, there might have been creases that formed at the mouth & nose locking it in place, the tissue deteriorated but the tape or clench of the jaw shut did not.

Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #324 on: March 07, 2009, 09:45:52 PM »

Good Night All ! I have an early day tomorrow. I have enjoyed being able to share time and thoughts in the cage. I will be checking in often and lurking and reading when things pick up in the cage.

nite nite Samiam, it was good seeing you posting today

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #325 on: March 07, 2009, 09:51:57 PM »

Good night Sam, and any other monkeys headed for the bunkey

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
always 1
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #326 on: March 07, 2009, 10:16:18 PM »

Hi A-1

God I hate to expound further but yes if the duct tape was bound tight catching the hair, there might have been creases that formed at the mouth & nose locking it in place, the tissue deteriorated but the tape or clench of the jaw shut did not.
What kind of mindset would you have to have to do this?  You are angry, you have killed someone, so you wrap the tape around and around?? 

I am A1 because I am saucy!!!
Desdemona
Monkey Junky

« Reply #327 on: March 07, 2009, 10:20:32 PM »

Hi Monkeys!  Desi's here for a bit.  Saw the discussion on duct tape, and wanted to share this, from an unrelated case:  an autopsy of a 20-year-old murder victim from North Carolina whose remains were found inside two garbage bags with duct tape around the skull about three months after his death.   Very disturbing report actually; he was forced to dig his own grave, then shot in the head and buried there.  Then his remains were moved to a different spot, similar to the environment where Caylee was found, where it was discovered by cadaver dogs after a confession.

The remains were "in a state of advanced decomposition" -- "almost skeletonized" with minimal flesh remaining.  Duct tape was still around the skull.  Vegetation matter was growing through the remains.
http://www.wral.com/asset/news/news_briefs/2008/10/24/3810195/Autopsy.swf

Back to page 3 to catch up.

I come here for the children, not to stroke someone's ego.  --Darla, 12/14/09
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #328 on: March 07, 2009, 10:22:57 PM »

Hi A-1

What kind of mindset would you have to have to do this?  You are angry, you have killed someone, so you wrap the tape around and around?? 

KILLING...as in not dead yet for the mouth to have closed on its last breathe...I know this is pure evil

Desdemona
Monkey Junky

« Reply #329 on: March 07, 2009, 10:35:45 PM »

This Casey McGuire, is that not the person that kio said had called her instead of KC A??? remember when she said KC called and asked to borrow money,then changed it and said she was mistaken,it was a different KC and isn't mcguire the name she gave??     

Hi Searching

No, Casey Williams was the mysterious "other" Casey Kio claimed to have spoken with (when she backtracked from her original story about hearing from Casey A.).  Sorry if someone else has answered this in the meantime.

Interesting note:  In her original version, Kio also noted that when Casey (Anthony) called to ask to borrow a couple hundred dollars, she did not call from her cell phone, which Kio had programmed into hers.  Kio did not recognize the number, but said it was a 407 (Orlando) area code.  Hmm..

http://www.acandyrose.com/caylee_anthony_transcript_ArrestSup-No13_081208.htm
From Supplemental Report #13, Second set of Discovery Docs:  Kiomarie Torres Cruz called me on July 20th, 2008, at approximately 1419 hours and told me that her fiance was not going to let her send me an itemized account billing for her telephone that is under his account. (407) 927-1683.
On July 20th, 2008, at approximately 2025 hours, Kiomarie Torres Cruz called me back to apoiogize that she was mistaken when she told me she talked to Casey Anthony on July 9th, 2008. She said she confused Casey Anthony with her friend Casey Williams. She said she actually spoke with Casey Williams, who also has a 2 1/2 year old girl. She said she spoke with Casey Williams today and that is what jogged her memory. She said Casey William's called her and wanted to borrow some money for her personal circumstance. She said she would call me tomorrow with the telephone number that Casey Williams used to call her. She said she thought that Casey Williams called from her boyfriend's apartment.

Just thinking here... of the talk about Casey's phone pinging near Amy's when the "Diary of Days" document was created on the Anthonys' home computer on July 2... Wonder if there was some phone-shuffling or trading going on?  Maybe I should just keep reading, though... possibly someone has solved this particular mystery...  Then again, I remember reading somewhere else that the file was created on July 5.  Maybe an error somewhere?

Foggy Dew
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #330 on: March 07, 2009, 10:57:13 PM »

No one cares I'm soaking wet?? 

Bedraggled Boo, look at the bright side: the soft rain water is good for the hair and complexion.  .  And just think how good the rain is for the spring flowers.  flower

Foggy
Desdemona
Monkey Junky

« Reply #331 on: March 07, 2009, 11:09:17 PM »

This Casey McGuire, is that not the person that kio said had called her instead of KC A??? remember when she said KC called and asked to borrow money,then changed it and said she was mistaken,it was a different KC and isn't mcguire the name she gave??     

She said it was "Casey Williams," which is also just wild, because of this "Keith Williams" we are hearing about in these latest documents, who apparently called in a tip in the remains area in August and was searching the area on his own in October.
  OOPS!

I see rmcalo was quick on the draw with this one!  Yes, odd about the "Williams" parallels, isn't it?

There was also an "Amanda Williams" identity used in a credit card scam that MAY have been associated with Casey... anybody know anything about that?  I think that was back in September or October...

And then there was Derrick Williams of Society Entertainment who ended up posting a YouTube video because of all the speculation about him and Sawgrass Apartments...
http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendId=107340879&blogId=431687080
Note:  I felt so bad when I saw this video!  Very early on in the case, around August 1, I discovered a possible connection to this Derrick Williams at Sawgrass Apartments and contacted someone from Websleuths to post what I was looking into. 

(I was not and am not a member of WS; I had lurked there during the Melanie McGuire case, so when the Caylee case broke, I returned there to stay abreast of the developments.  I tried to join so I could post what I'd found, but when they turned me down due to my email addy, I decided to try to contact a Websleuth member via email by googling her name.  It worked, and I used my myspace account -- which I had created for the sole purpose of being able to view the myspace pages of the players in the Caylee case -- for communications.  It snowballed, and I ended up creating my own myspace blog-type site on the Caylee case, which developed quite a healthy following until Cindy had it deleted in November by threatening myspace.) 

Anyway, to my chagrin, the whole Derrick Williams / Society Entertainment angle took off and grew a life of its own, even ending up getting mentioned on Geraldo!  http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=3278.msg418592#msg418592 

Derrick seemed pretty good-natured about it in the video he posted... guess it brought him some publicity.  Still, I felt bad about that...

bikerbev
Monkey Junky

« Reply #332 on: March 07, 2009, 11:12:29 PM »

The second guy entering the house at the very end of the video looks like the same guy who was locked in a passionate embrace with CA while GA politely looked away.
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/video/?clipId=2720766&clipFormat=flv&topVideoCatNo=90872
Also, I found the momtective videos on Youtube, but not the one where KC gets mad at the end. Odd.
http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=caseyanthonyarchives&view=videos\

What video is the man walking into the house?  Do you have a link or did I miss it?  Those front shots of Casey on youtube are something.  Her face has really filled out and she is looking much older now.
Foggy Dew
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #333 on: March 07, 2009, 11:13:46 PM »

A1, that begs the questions: did she kill her own pets?  How many pets did she bury there? What species were these pets and why/how did they die?  I could go on.  You don't suppose the defense will use that as the rationale behind her chucking her deceased child into the "woods" do you--you know, after the accidental death? 

I apologize for the term "chucking", but I'm not convinced Caylee was buried (except maybe under pavers that were perhaps were unseated during the flooding rain). 

Foggy
always 1
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #334 on: March 07, 2009, 11:16:15 PM »

A1, that begs the questions: did she kill her own pets?  How many pets did she bury there? What species were these pets and why/how did they die?  I could go on.  You don't suppose the defense will use that as the rationale behind her chucking her deceased child into the "woods" do you--you know, after the accidental death? 

I apologize for the term "chucking", but I'm not convinced Caylee was buried (except maybe under pavers that were perhaps were unseated during the flooding rain). 

Foggy

Yes, if she did kill her pets, that would certainly explain a lot of things.

I am A1 because I am saucy!!!
Foggy Dew
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #335 on: March 07, 2009, 11:21:02 PM »

Hi A-1

A partial answer re. the duct tape remaining is because (simply put) is that it was stuck in Miss Caylee's hair.     
bikerbev
Monkey Junky

« Reply #336 on: March 07, 2009, 11:21:21 PM »

That's what Dr. Perper says on NG.  He says with the duct tape around the mouth/head, this was no accident.  It was intentional and probably happened with the baby was alive.  No way this was an accident.
Tevye
Monkey Junky

Burn, baby, burn...'Ol Sparky is waiting for you!

« Reply #337 on: March 07, 2009, 11:24:10 PM »

A Little Something to Chew ON: (yeah, I know it's long, but it's late, you've nothing else to do!)

To execute or not: A question of cost?

By DEBORAH HASTINGS, AP National Writer Deborah Hastings, Ap National Writer – Sat Mar 7, 6:10 pm ET
This Jan. 21, 2003 file photo shows an unidentified death row inmate in his cell AP – This Jan. 21, 2003 file photo shows an unidentified death row inmate in his cell in the North Condemned …

After decades of moral arguments reaching biblical proportions, after long, twisted journeys to the nation's highest court and back, the death penalty may be abandoned by several states for a reason having nothing to do with right or wrong:

Money.

Turns out, it is cheaper to imprison killers for life than to execute them, according to a series of recent surveys. Tens of millions of dollars cheaper, politicians are learning, during a tumbling recession when nearly every state faces job cuts and massive deficits.

So an increasing number of them are considering abolishing capital punishment in favor of life imprisonment, not on principle but out of financial necessity.

"It's 10 times more expensive to kill them than to keep them alive," though most Americans believe the opposite, said Donald McCartin, a former California jurist known as "The Hanging Judge of Orange County" for sending nine men to death row.

Deep into retirement, he lost his faith in an eye for an eye and now speaks against it. What changed a mind so set on the ultimate punishment?

California's legendarily slow appeals system, which produces an average wait of nearly 20 years from conviction to fatal injection — the longest in the nation. Of the nine convicted killers McCartin sent to death row, only one has died. Not by execution, but from a heart attack in custody.

"Every one of my cases is bogged up in the appellate system," said McCartin, who retired in 1993 after 15 years on the bench.

"It's a waste of time and money," said the 82-year-old, self-described right-wing Republican whose sonorous voice still commands attention. "The only thing it does is prolong the agony of the victims' families."

In 2007, time and money were the reasons New Jersey became the first state to ban executions since the U.S. Supreme Court reinstated the death penalty in 1976.

Democratic Gov. Jon Corzine commuted the executions of 10 men to life imprisonment without parole. Legal costs were too great and produced no result, lawmakers said. After spending an estimated $4.2 million for each death sentence, the state had executed no one since 1963. Also, eliminating capital punishment eliminated the risk of executing an innocent person.

Out of 36 remaining states with the death penalty, at least eight have considered legislation this year to end it — Maryland, Nebraska, Colorado, New Mexico, Montana, New Hampshire, Washington and Kansas — an uncommon marriage between eastern liberals and western conservatives, built on economic hardship.

"This is the first time in which cost has been the prevalent issue in discussing the death penalty," said Richard Dieter, director of the Death Penalty Information Center, a data clearinghouse that favors abolition of capital punishment.

The most recent arguments against it centered on the ever-increasing number of convicts cleared by DNA evidence.

Some of the worst cases occurred in Illinois. In 2000, then-Gov. George H. Ryan placed a moratorium on executions after 13 people had been exonerated from death row for reasons including genetic testing and recanted testimony. Ryan declared the system "so fraught with error that it has come close to the ultimate nightmare, the state's taking of innocent life."

He commuted the sentences of all 167 death row convicts, most to life imprisonment without parole. His moratorium is still in effect.

Across the country, the number of prisoners exonerated and released from death row is more than 130, with thousands of appeals clogging the courts.

Death penalty trials are more expensive for several reasons: They often require extra lawyers; there are strict experience requirements for attorneys, leading to lengthy appellate waits while capable counsel is sought for the accused; security costs are higher, as well as costs for processing evidence — DNA testing, for example, is far more expensive than simple blood analyses.

After sentencing, prices continue to rise. It costs more to house death row inmates, who are held in segregated sections, in individual cells, with guards delivering everything from daily meals to toilet paper.

In California, home to the nation's biggest death row population at 667, it costs an extra $90,000 per inmate to imprison someone sentenced to death — an additional expense that totals more than $60 million annually, according to a 2008 study by the state's Commission on the Fair Administration of Justice.

The panel, which agreed with California Chief Justice Ronald M. George that the state's death penalty system was "dysfunctional," blamed exorbitant costs on delays in finding qualified public defenders, a severe backlog in appellate reviews, and a high rate of cases being overturned on constitutional grounds.

"Failures in the administration of California's death penalty law create cynicism and disrespect for the rule of law," concluded the 117-page report.

Some prominent Californians have asked Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger to get rid of executions. Especially now, as service cuts and tax increases are pegged to fill a $42 billion budget hole. But it appears that the Republican governor will not abandon capital punishment anytime soon.

Meanwhile, the nationwide number of death sentences handed down has declined over the past decade, from 284 in 1999 to 111 in 2008. Reasons differ significantly, depending on who's providing them: Pro-death penalty activists say it's because crime rates have declined and execution is a strong deterrent; abolitionists say it's because jurors and judges are reluctant to risk taking a life when future scientific tests could prove the accused not guilty.

Executions, too, are dropping. There were 98 in 1999; 37 in 2008.

Still, the costs of capital punishment weigh heavily on legislators facing Solomon-like choices in these dismal economic times.

In Kansas, Republican state Sen. Caroline McGinn is pushing a bill that would repeal the death penalty effective July 1. Kansas, which voted to suspend tax refunds, faces a budget deficit of nearly $200 million. McGinn urged fellow legislators "to think outside the box" for ways to save money. According to a state survey, capital cases were 70 percent more expensive than comparable non-death penalty cases.

In New Mexico, Gov. Bill Richardson recently said his longtime support of capital punishment was wavering — and belt-tightening was one the reasons. As the state tries to plug a $450 million budget shortfall with cuts to schools and environmental agencies, a bill to end executions has already passed the House as a cost-saving measure. The state supreme court has ruled that more money must be given for public defenders in death penalty cases, but legislators have yet to act.

In Maryland, a 2008 Urban Institute study said taxpayers forked out at least $37.2 million for each of five executions since the death penalty was re-enacted in 1978. The survey, which examined 162 capital cases, found that simply seeking the death penalty added $186 million to prosecution costs. Gov. Martin O'Malley, who disdains the death penalty on moral and financial grounds, is pushing a bill to repeal it.

There are many, of course, who refuse to change their minds, believing execution is the ultimate wage of the ultimate sin. They also say that death penalty cases don't have to be so expensive.

Kent Scheidegger, legal director of the Criminal Justice Legal Foundation, a pro-capital-punishment group, said, "Having an effective appeals process might very well cost less."

States "calculate the cost as if these people are going to spend their whole lives on death row. We should be revamping the appeals process so that these cases move more quickly," Scheidegger said.

But court systems and their costs vary greatly among states, as does the time it takes to exhaust appeals. It's doubtful that change could come quickly enough to generate savings during this roiling recession.

"It's all about money," said McCartin, the former California judge. "The reasons I changed my mind were between that and how the victims' families just get raped during appeals."

But if convicted killers get life imprisonment instead of death, is that letting them off easy?

Not a chance, says 52-year-old Gordon "Randy" Steidl. He lived on death row and then in the general prison population, after his sentence was commuted to life. He preferred his former accommodations.

Steidl was released in 2004 after being exonerated of the 1986 stabbing deaths of a newlywed couple in Paris, Ill. He had an alibi for the night of the murders, corroborated by others. But he was convicted on eyewitness testimony provided by the town drunk and the town drug addict. Both later recanted.

The state of Illinois spent $3.5 million trying to execute him, "only to end up giving me a life sentence," Steidl said. "And then 5 1/2 years after that, I was exonerated."

He spent 12 years in a tiny cell on death row. Then he was thrown into "gen pop," with its snarling mass of an open cellblock, where the prospect of being stabbed, raped or worse loomed constantly, alongside deafening noise and psychotic cell mates.

"If you really want to kill someone, give them life without parole," Steidl said in an even voice. He speaks of his troubled past as if it was trapped under glass or locked behind bars — visible but no longer able to torture him.

"It's worse than dying."

Remember Ladies, get the damm mamm!     Thanks, Brandi!
katiekatie2u
Scared Monkey

« Reply #338 on: March 07, 2009, 11:24:24 PM »

Foggy

makes me wonder if she wasn't taking out her agressions on the pets that she felt for her EVIL CONTROLLING MOMMIE.. I think she is happy being locked away from her mother... I am sure she feels free for once in her life free  from mommies dictatorship.. thats   JUST ME !!
katiekatie2u
Scared Monkey

« Reply #339 on: March 07, 2009, 11:25:32 PM »

Foggy

makes me wonder if she wasn't taking out her agressions on the pets that she felt for her EVIL CONTROLLING MOMMIE.. I think she is happy being locked away from her mother... I am sure she feels free for once in her life free  from mommies dictatorship.. thats   JUST ME !!

sorry I meant that she was using her anger towards the pet pretending it was cindy
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.