April 23, 2024, 04:39:16 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony #114 3/06/09 - 3/12/09  (Read 416376 times)
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #620 on: March 09, 2009, 05:10:33 PM »

O SNAP!!  SA is fighting back!
Prosecutors Ask For Hearing On How Baez Is Getting Paid
Posted: 4:53 pm EDT March 9, 2009

ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. -- Prosecutors asked for a special court hearing Monday afternoon, to find out how Casey Anthony's defense team was getting paid.

The state is worried that Casey's lawyer Jose Baez could make decisions in the case based on a book or movie deal instead of her best interests. Prosecutors believe the move could be grounds for appeal if Casey is convicted.

Many have been asking how Casey is paying for all of her attorneys and experts.. And even if there is a hearing on this issue, it might be behind closed doors. So even if prosecutors and the judge find out, the public may not.

Home videos of Caylee Anthony fetched almost $200,000 for the young mother last summer. Based partly on that argument, prosecutors want the judge to find out what kinds of financial agreements are behind the hiring of nationally known defense experts like New York attorney Linda Kenney Baden and Connecticut pathologist Henry Lee.

In a motion filed this afternoon, prosecutors said eight different lawyers and numerous experts have been hired by Casey Anthony and that logical conclusions must be drawn.

For example, Casey did not go from pauper to princess before her arrest. She's in no position to be managing her only assets, photos and videos of Caylee, so her defense attorney Jose Baez must be doing it.

Their concern is that Casey might try to argue after her first, long, expensive trial that she should get another one because Baez steered the case in a direction that was most financially lucrative for him and not in the best one for her.

Prosecutors want Circuit Judge Stan Strickland to order the defense to produce every document related to any possible financial deal involving Casey, her defense team, or anyone else on her behalf, including for book or movie licensing rights.

"If she says, 'I'm aware of that. I'm aware there might be some conflict there, I don't believe there is but if there is, I waive that conflict.' End of story," said WFTV Legal Analyst Bill Sheaffer.

Prosecutors would insist she do it in writing. There have been concerns that Baez might steer the case toward a trial because it would make a more dramatic story. But as Casey stated in past documents, she is willing to do whatever it takes to defend herself and is determined not to let someone trick her into a confession.

Casey Anthony will be back in court on Thursday for another hearing scheduled at 3:30pm. Her lawyer, Jose Baez wants access to all notes and reports on any DNA testing, along with evidence taken from the computer of Casey's ex-boyfriend, Ricardo Morales.

The defense team also plans to ask the judge to keep George Anthony's suicide note from being released.

jr
Scared Monkey

« Reply #621 on: March 09, 2009, 05:12:12 PM »

Hi all

Just poppin in for a minute......................

Just on wesh at 5,  the state is finally asking the big question......

Where's the Money Coming From?

No video yet, but they report that the state is requesting the judge require the defense to tell how kc is paying for her defense, stating it could give cause for appeal.

Also the woman that released the video states she released it so the defense could not make money off it.
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #622 on: March 09, 2009, 05:14:54 PM »

JR the above article is from WFTV - media watching the court filings & this is just breaking was filed today

TURBOTHINK
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #623 on: March 09, 2009, 05:19:02 PM »

O SNAP!!  SA is fighting back!
Prosecutors Ask For Hearing On How Baez Is Getting Paid
Posted: 4:53 pm EDT March 9, 2009

ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. -- Prosecutors asked for a special court hearing Monday afternoon, to find out how Casey Anthony's defense team was getting paid.

The state is worried that Casey's lawyer Jose Baez could make decisions in the case based on a book or movie deal instead of her best interests. Prosecutors believe the move could be grounds for appeal if Casey is convicted.

Many have been asking how Casey is paying for all of her attorneys and experts.. And even if there is a hearing on this issue, it might be behind closed doors. So even if prosecutors and the judge find out, the public may not.

Home videos of Caylee Anthony fetched almost $200,000 for the young mother last summer. Based partly on that argument, prosecutors want the judge to find out what kinds of financial agreements are behind the hiring of nationally known defense experts like New York attorney Linda Kenney Baden and Connecticut pathologist Henry Lee.

In a motion filed this afternoon, prosecutors said eight different lawyers and numerous experts have been hired by Casey Anthony and that logical conclusions must be drawn.

For example, Casey did not go from pauper to princess before her arrest. She's in no position to be managing her only assets, photos and videos of Caylee, so her defense attorney Jose Baez must be doing it.

Their concern is that Casey might try to argue after her first, long, expensive trial that she should get another one because Baez steered the case in a direction that was most financially lucrative for him and not in the best one for her.

Prosecutors want Circuit Judge Stan Strickland to order the defense to produce every document related to any possible financial deal involving Casey, her defense team, or anyone else on her behalf, including for book or movie licensing rights.

"If she says, 'I'm aware of that. I'm aware there might be some conflict there, I don't believe there is but if there is, I waive that conflict.' End of story," said WFTV Legal Analyst Bill Sheaffer.

Prosecutors would insist she do it in writing. There have been concerns that Baez might steer the case toward a trial because it would make a more dramatic story. But as Casey stated in past documents, she is willing to do whatever it takes to defend herself and is determined not to let someone trick her into a confession.

Casey Anthony will be back in court on Thursday for another hearing scheduled at 3:30pm. Her lawyer, Jose Baez wants access to all notes and reports on any DNA testing, along with evidence taken from the computer of Casey's ex-boyfriend, Ricardo Morales.

The defense team also plans to ask the judge to keep George Anthony's suicide note from being released.

It is about time they are asking..........We have been asking  from the beginning of this ~

Where you find a generational evil, you find chaos, lies and many family secrets.

There is a DEEP GENERATIONAL EVIL in the Anthony family.
Sassycat
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #624 on: March 09, 2009, 05:19:32 PM »

JR the above article is from WFTV - media watching the court filings & this is just breaking was filed today

This is GREAT news!       
Western Observr
Monkey Junky

« Reply #625 on: March 09, 2009, 05:26:30 PM »

Nancy Grace is gonna love this.
I'm going to order Pizza tonight!
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #626 on: March 09, 2009, 05:26:43 PM »

This is GREAT news!       

O yes it is - very interesting.  O man o man, I hope its not behind closed doors, I want to hear this happy horsesnit he slings! Also,  keep in mind that Todd Macaluso and Linda Baden are serving "pro hac vice" (co counsel from out of state).   I know Linda Baden does not have a Florida license to practice law, not sure about "Mac the Knife."    O boi  O boi - all of Bozo's whining & begging for sanctions are going to backfire right in his face!

Lovinlife
Monkey Junky

« Reply #627 on: March 09, 2009, 05:29:07 PM »

After all that hullaballoo about getting TL's phone number on the recorded phone conversation from jail, ya know the one Lee says in his depo that is the first time he heard the name ZFG, did she ever get to place a call to him, I wonder?

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=3434.msg473768#msg473768

FWIW this is a quote from TL regarding my above question:

Re: Questions for Tony L.
« Reply #75 on: September 27, 2008, 12:48:30 PM » Quote 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Again clint is a moron she did not contact me or did I after she was arrested

Truth is always the strongest argument. --- Sophocles

Lighting a candle for a boy who needs a lot of love:
http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=jal 
Tevye
Monkey Junky

Burn, baby, burn...'Ol Sparky is waiting for you!

« Reply #628 on: March 09, 2009, 05:29:25 PM »

Where's Popcorn Kitty when we need her?
this should be good!

Remember Ladies, get the damm mamm!     Thanks, Brandi!
Lightning
Scared Monkey

« Reply #629 on: March 09, 2009, 05:32:58 PM »

(SNIP)

I don't think Casey could predict her mother coming home on the 15th with that confrontation.  After that argument Casey spends an enormous amount of hours texting & talking to Tony until about 3AM, it makes one wonder if she didnt kill Caylee right in her bedroom.[/color]

Now that's the texting that I want to see!! 

What might she have let slip to Tony??  I've not even seen where the police have so much as asked him what the conversation included that night......might there have been something she said that night, something that later made Tony suspicious enough to wear that wire...?
Good point!  I am curious why they were so suspicious of Lee Anthony early on enough so that they wanted to tap into his conversations with Tony.  These Anthony's must have been setting off red flags all over the place. 

<stepping out of the shadows>   I think they knew right from the beginning this family was holding back information.  IMO, I believe they wanted to find out what Lee knew and felt he might give Tony more information then he had been relaying to them. 
Sassycat
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #630 on: March 09, 2009, 05:33:51 PM »

This is GREAT news!       

O yes it is - very interesting.  O man o man, I hope its not behind closed doors, I want to hear this happy horsesnit he slings! Also,  keep in mind that Todd Macaluso and Linda Baden are serving "pro hac vice" (co counsel from out of state).   I know Linda Baden does not have a Florida license to practice law, not sure about "Mac the Knife."    O boi  O boi - all of Bozo's whining & begging for sanctions are going to backfire right in his face!

Do you think that any of the dream team members will quit - if they realize they might not ever get paid, or will they continue representing KC - knowing that they will only receive notoriety and publicity?   
Lovinlife
Monkey Junky

« Reply #631 on: March 09, 2009, 05:36:06 PM »

Welcome Lightning!!!! 

always 1
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #632 on: March 09, 2009, 05:36:26 PM »

Maybe I am just overly sensitive, having been in the situtation of being a divorced mom with a 2 year old.  Some of the guys I met made it very plain they did not like children, after a couple of these, I didnt date at all.  You know the male species of some animals actually kill the young in a new relationship!!!!

I am A1 because I am saucy!!!
Sassycat
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #633 on: March 09, 2009, 05:36:50 PM »

Where's Popcorn Kitty when we need her?
this should be good!

Here I Am!!

Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #634 on: March 09, 2009, 05:37:32 PM »

This is GREAT news!       

Do you think that any of the dream team members will quit - if they realize they might not ever get paid, or will they continue representing KC - knowing that they will only receive notoriety and publicity?   

If Baez is removed from the case his law firm cant represent her.  Baden cannot take over the case because she is not licensed in Florida & Im pretty sure Todd Macaluso isnt either - dont think for a second Baden isnt aware of this & going along with how the monies are coming in...these sharks dont care so long as they dont get caught.

Lovinlife
Monkey Junky

« Reply #635 on: March 09, 2009, 05:38:16 PM »

Maybe I am just overly sensitive, having been in the situtation of being a divorced mom with a 2 year old.  Some of the guys I met made it very plain they did not like children, after a couple of these, I didnt date at all.  You know the male species of some animals actually kill the young in a new relationship!!!!
I've been there too A-1.  I don't get that hinky feeling w/TL that I get with most of the other anthony players.

Sassycat
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #636 on: March 09, 2009, 05:39:37 PM »

<stepping out of the shadows>   I think they knew right from the beginning this family was holding back information.  IMO, I believe they wanted to find out what Lee knew and felt he might give Tony more information then he had been relaying to them. 

frayed
Scared Monkey

« Reply #637 on: March 09, 2009, 05:41:54 PM »

(SNIP)

I don't think Casey could predict her mother coming home on the 15th with that confrontation.  After that argument Casey spends an enormous amount of hours texting & talking to Tony until about 3AM, it makes one wonder if she didnt kill Caylee right in her bedroom.[/color]

Now that's the texting that I want to see!! 

What might she have let slip to Tony??  I've not even seen where the police have so much as asked him what the conversation included that night......might there have been something she said that night, something that later made Tony suspicious enough to wear that wire...?
Good point!  I am curious why they were so suspicious of Lee Anthony early on enough so that they wanted to tap into his conversations with Tony.  These Anthony's must have been setting off red flags all over the place. 

Hi, Lightning!  I wonder if he did reveal something.....they didn't give us a transcript, only a summary of their conversation...their 'meeting' lasted almost 2 hours, (if my math is correct, lol), yet the summary was soooo short!
akmom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #638 on: March 09, 2009, 05:44:35 PM »

My whole family is fighting the flu today, me included, so I've been mostly lurking. 

I don't know if I am supposed to link, but you all might want to check out WS.  Some interesting stuff about Patrick B and his connections.  Glad the money trail is being followed, wonder if this is connected. 

I "talked" to Tony when he was here.  I doubt if he is the kind of guy I would want my girls to bring home, but I didn't get any bad vibes about him.

Now, if Casey is really saying that she hates Caylee in that video it is quite interesting.  That would mean that CA and GA knew full well what she was capable of.  Is it possible that part of the defense will be that they never got her help, even though they knew what she was capable of?  Remember that CA talked her out of going for help at one point.  CA didn't want anyone to know how deeply disfunctional her family was.

I will ALWAYS stand with the girls, Natalee and Caylee, forever.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #639 on: March 09, 2009, 05:45:09 PM »

Thanks, for posting that.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.