April 25, 2024, 06:54:40 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Haleigh Cummings #5 3/08/09 - 3/11/09  (Read 299253 times)
lolabelle
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1360 on: March 10, 2009, 11:59:19 PM »

I dont know if this has ever been brought up? My question and hypothesis, if LE charges Ron with stat rape and lets just say, and I repeat let's just say Misty had something to do with Haleigh's disappearance, she would then only be charged as a minor, Right? I would think she can not be considered as a minor in one case, and an adult in a second. Correct?
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1361 on: March 10, 2009, 11:59:50 PM »

rana ~   Yep.   I agree  it was the low post count that  probably brought the welcomes.  I've also seen some with large posts counts that have been here a short time.  Bottom line to me is:  It isn't quantity but quality of posts.  jmho  It's easy to get post counts up. 

So true, MuffyBee! Smile I had surgery and I'm home and reading more than usual.

Also many of my posts are simply "I agree" and they add up fast! Smile

Not to be snarky or anything but really; just posts agreeing...ha ha ha ha ha!  Sorry I just could not help myself.  I hope your feeling better from you surgery tho.  Throat surgery right, ouch.

Well, Fatcatlurker, I noticed many do that - not just me.... by posting "I agree" or "good one" or "Well said" or a one gif smiley post with no words at all. So no snark intended -- no snark taken. Smile.. b/c it's not just me who does that. Smile All I meant is that the posts seem to add up fast like that. Smile

Earlier I was using the teen lexicon "Word" or "You rule" to compliment Wyks; And then I used the word "expression." I'm far from a teen and was just being light-hearted. Not sure how that went down a bad road. IIRC Wyks DID take it as the compliment like it was intended.

And thanks; I appreciate the the well wishes. It beats the previous drive-by slam or whatever that you gave me earlier related to my using the teen word thing.

Why not just leave it with "thanks; I appreciate the well wishes"?  Your last sentence just cranks things up again. 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

HaLeigh~you are loved and in God's loving arms

« Reply #1362 on: March 11, 2009, 12:01:41 AM »

http://www.care2.com/c2c/people/profile.html?pid=491739816

Crystal's new spokesperson?
Speaks: German - conversational, English only

She is a well respected child abuse/murder/dometic abue advocate......she has been in the news for the past couple of days in this case......

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
Sieko
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1363 on: March 11, 2009, 12:02:09 AM »

evening monkeys~had a long night of baseball, some dinner on the sound and just got home to catch the tail end of NG........TN's statement that they were getting married because the kids always wanted Misty to be her mommy really is offensive, IMO she seems to have a way of stating things ever so sweet and all nice like, that have bitter undertones. I am a stepmother to my ex's two children who stayed with me after our divorce, I can; them my own and love them as much as anyone can, but I am IN NO WAY their mother, nor would I ever try to be, they have a mother that loves them, and they just gave an dded benefit of a stepmom who loves them dearly..........Looks to me like they are worried about losing custody of butterbean and trying the "marriage" route......JMO as always.

I too agree with you post.  I was thinking the same thing! It made my blood boil when she said that the kids want Misty to be their mommy.  I felt bad for CS like it never ends for her, they are still treating her like she is nothing.  IM you are sooooo lucky I would love to live on the beach...a dream come true.
Any respect I had for TN left with that statement. 
fatcatlurker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1364 on: March 11, 2009, 12:03:11 AM »

rana ~   Yep.   I agree  it was the low post count that  probably brought the welcomes.  I've also seen some with large posts counts that have been here a short time.  Bottom line to me is:  It isn't quantity but quality of posts.  jmho  It's easy to get post counts up. 

So true, MuffyBee! Smile I had surgery and I'm home and reading more than usual.

Also many of my posts are simply "I agree" and they add up fast! Smile

Not to be snarky or anything but really; just posts agreeing...ha ha ha ha ha!  Sorry I just could not help myself.  I hope your feeling better from you surgery tho.  Throat surgery right, ouch.

Well, Fatcatlurker, I noticed many do that - not just me.... by posting "I agree" or "good one" or "Well said" or a one gif smiley post with no words at all. So no snark intended -- no snark taken. Smile.. b/c it's not just me who does that. Smile All I meant is that the posts seem to add up fast like that. Smile

Earlier I was using the teen lexicon "Word" or "You rule" to compliment Wyks; And then I used the word "expression." I'm far from a teen and was just being light-hearted. Not sure how that went down a bad road. IIRC Wyks DID take it as the compliment like it was intended.

And thanks; I appreciate the the well wishes. It beats the previous drive-by slam or whatever that you gave me earlier related to my using the teen word thing.

no that was about something else I no nothing about your word lingo/usage, it's a inside thing between me and cookie.  And in this post above i was more referring to the length of your posts than the simple I agree.  sorry 4 the misunderstanding.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1365 on: March 11, 2009, 12:05:55 AM »

I am not going to read back to try to figure out who said what to who and why some of you are being so snippy and rude to one another.  I can see it starting back up.  From this point on, just be civil to one another.  You can scroll on past posts or if you can't carry on a discussion or comment in a civil manner and/or tone just

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1366 on: March 11, 2009, 12:06:25 AM »

evening monkeys~had a long night of baseball, some dinner on the sound and just got home to catch the tail end of NG........TN's statement that they were getting married because the kids always wanted Misty to be her mommy really is offensive, IMO she seems to have a way of stating things ever so sweet and all nice like, that have bitter undertones. I am a stepmother to my ex's two children who stayed with me after our divorce, I can; them my own and love them as much as anyone can, but I am IN NO WAY their mother, nor would I ever try to be, they have a mother that loves them, and they just gave an dded benefit of a stepmom who loves them dearly..........Looks to me like they are worried about losing custody of butterbean and trying the "marriage" route......JMO as always.

I too agree with you post.  I was thinking the same thing! It made my blood boil when she said that the kids want Misty to be their mommy.  I felt bad for CS like it never ends for her, they are still treating her like she is nothing.  IM you are sooooo lucky I would love to live on the beach...a dream come true.

Me too~it Pizzed me off BIG TIME, it's a slap in the face to a greiving mother.....

I agree I am lucky and very blessed to live here, we moved here one yr ago exactly it was a dream that emerged from a nightmare for us, I scooped out the most insulated place to live with great schools, low crime etc for almost a yr and it was the best research I've ever done and has paid off in spades

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
Sieko
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1367 on: March 11, 2009, 12:08:12 AM »

Some seem stressy in here today.  Free massage for those who need it.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1368 on: March 11, 2009, 12:09:07 AM »

Cute pic Sieko 

islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1369 on: March 11, 2009, 12:10:14 AM »

I dont know if this has ever been brought up? My question and hypothesis, if LE charges Ron with stat rape and lets just say, and I repeat let's just say Misty had something to do with Haleigh's disappearance, she would then only be charged as a minor, Right? I would think she can not be considered as a minor in one case, and an adult in a second. Correct?

From what I can recall about previous FL cases (remember Nathan ??) he was prosecuted as an adult and he wasn't even a teenager yet~but it's a great point to consider. Florida seems to have pretty tough standards as far as prosecuting minors as adults, I think she would fall into the adult category either way.

[
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1370 on: March 11, 2009, 12:11:43 AM »

Any respect I had for TN left with that statement. 

Me too, and there was only a fraction left to begin with

[
fatcatlurker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1371 on: March 11, 2009, 12:12:11 AM »

Thank you sieko!
fatcatlurker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1372 on: March 11, 2009, 12:14:49 AM »

From what I can recall about previous FL cases (remember Nathan ??) he was prosecuted as an adult and he wasn't even a teenager yet~but it's a great point to consider. Florida seems to have pretty tough standards as far as prosecuting minors as adults, I think she would fall into the adult category either way.

very good question. 
Sieko
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1373 on: March 11, 2009, 12:15:25 AM »

Cute pic Sieko 
I thought it was cute too.  It came from funnypictures.net...or something like that.
Sieko
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1374 on: March 11, 2009, 12:17:12 AM »

Thank you sieko!
YW. Enjoy 
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1375 on: March 11, 2009, 12:17:57 AM »

very good question. 

My bad, it was Lionel Tate.he was convicted to life in prison for a crime he committed at age 12.

[
jules3699
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1376 on: March 11, 2009, 12:18:17 AM »

Me too~it Pizzed me off BIG TIME, it's a slap in the face to a greiving mother.....

I agree I am lucky and very blessed to live here, we moved here one yr ago exactly it was a dream that emerged from a nightmare for us, I scooped out the most insulated place to live with great schools, low crime etc for almost a yr and it was the best research I've ever done and has paid off in spades

I move to the midwest from CA after my daughter was sexually offended by a neighbor.  He spent 8 yrs in jail and is out now.  So I dont trust ppl now like I used too.  I call it like I see it pretty much anymore and my hinkymeter goes up when I see mistruths all over the place like in this case.

fatcatlurker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1377 on: March 11, 2009, 12:18:23 AM »

She is a well respected child abuse/murder/dometic abue advocate......she has been in the news for the past couple of days in this case......

Legendary and scarey news for Ron from what I am reading.  I just thought spokesperson and  conversational english only was odd when I saw it on her website.
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1378 on: March 11, 2009, 12:20:26 AM »

FLORIDA's STATUTE ON WHO CAN BE CONVICTED AS AN ADULT:

FLORIDA

WHAT IS THE LAW IN FLORIDA?1

After the national news media broke the story of several 13- and 14-year-olds being sent to adult prisons in the late 1990s, Florida’s adultification statutes gained national and international notoriety. Florida prosecutors have a great deal of power over transfer decisions, and during the 1990s, Florida prosecutors sent nearly as many youth to adult court (7,000) through the judicial waiver process as judges in the entire U.S. did.2 In Florida, youth enter the adult system in four ways:  prosecutorial waiver (commonly known in Florida as direct file), judicial waiver, mandatory waiver, indictment, or because the youth had a prior adult sentence. The following are the key features of Florida’s adultification laws.

Prosecutorial waiver (direct file). Prosecutors have significant power and discretion to transfer young people to adult courts. Prior to 1994, prosecutors had discretion to transfer cases for juveniles age 16 and older and had limited discretion to transfer cases for 14- and 15-year-old juveniles. In 1994, the Florida State Legislature passed legislation that expanded prosecutorial discretion. Only 15 states or jurisdictions including Florida employ direct file (prosecutorial discretion waiver).3 This legislation grants prosecutors discretion to transfer to adult court youth who are 14 or 15 and charged with the commission, attempt, or conspiracy to commit certain serious crimes (19 crimes apply). Prosecutors also have discretion to transfer cases in which the prosecutor views that the public interest requires that adult sanctions be considered or imposed. For any offenses other than misdemeanors, prosecutors may use direct file to transfer cases involving youth who are 16 and 17 years old. Prosecutors also may use direct file for misdemeanors for youth who are 16 and 17 and have at least two previous adjudications (or adjudications withheld) for delinquent acts, one of which involved a felony. Nearly 95% of Florida juvenile cases transferred in 2000 were via direct file.4

Mandatory waiver (statutory exclusion). Young people must be sent to the adult court for certain acts.

A prosecutor must direct file a case for young people who are 16 and 17 years old if they were:

previously adjudicated delinquent for acts classified as a felony and facing repeated charges for violent crimes, or
charged for offenses classified as a forcible felony and previously adjudicated delinquent—or had adjudication withheld—for three felonies that were committed within 45 days of each other.

Youth also are subject to mandatory waivers if:

they are charged with the commission of a fourth felony offense for which they have previously been adjudicated delinquent;
a previous felony adjudication has been withheld; or
one of three previous felony adjudications for committing, attempting to commit, or conspiring to commit a felony involved the use or possession of a firearm, or involved violence against a person.

A prosecutor must direct file cases in which youth of any age are accused of causing serious bodily injury or death while stealing a motor vehicle or while in possession of a stolen vehicle. For crimes in which the mandatory minimum “10-20-life rule” applies, mandatory direct file must be used for youth who are 16 and 17 years old if their crime involved discharging a firearm or destructive device and resulted in bodily harm or death. Last, prosecutors must transfer the case to adult court via “indictment” in cases in which youth, regardless of age, are charged with capital charges meriting death or life without parole. In these cases, the juvenile court retains jurisdiction until the prosecutor seeks an indictment. Once transferred, these youth are tried and sentenced as adults in every aspect. Additionally, any cases still pending in the juvenile court for these youth are also transferred from juvenile court to adult court. This practice is commonly referred to as “coat tailing.” In the event that a juvenile is found guilty of a lesser felony charge than alleged in the indictment, the young person is eligible for juvenile sentencing.

Judicial waiver. In Florida, regardless of the offense, the State Attorney’s Office may file a petition for a discretionary waiver before a judge. The waiver proceeding is a two-part hearing before a juvenile court judge who reviews the evidence presented by the prosecutor and defense counsel and then decides whether to transfer the youth to adult court. In order to transfer the case, the judge must find:

sufficient probable cause to allege that the youth was involved in the delinquency act, and
background information supporting the transfer to adult court.5 

Waiver hearings can be voluntary or involuntary. A young person or his or her parents or guardians can request that the case be transferred to adult court for trial, or a prosecutor may direct file a case, either because they choose to or because the crime dictates that the youth be transferred. 

Once an adult, always an adult. As shown, young people who have served previous adult sentences are automatically tried as adults. 

Young people who await trial may be detained in juvenile facilities or adult jails. Within 24 hours of arrest, juveniles must appear before a juvenile judge, who determines whether the youth pose a public safety risk. Youth who are considered risks to public safety must remain in physically secure detention centers while awaiting trial. Generally, there is a 21-day limit to secure detention; however, young people who have been charged with serious offenses may be detained for up to 30 days. When youth are transferred to adult court, they must appear before an adult court judge within 48 hours of their transfer from juvenile court. Most young people whose cases have been transferred to adult court are detained in adult jails or freed on bond. 

Although young people who are awaiting prosecution are generally kept separate from the adult population, they can be held in adult jails. Young people who turn 18 while awaiting prosecution in secure facilities are automatically transferred to adult facilities. If they are exceptionally young, youth who face adult charges are sometimes detained in juvenile facilities.6 Regardless of the situation, juveniles who are detained in adult facilities must be separated from adult inmates by both sight and sound. 

Trial judges have discretion about where and how youth convicted as adults should serve their sentences. In 1994, Florida’s State Legislature passed legislation that made it easier to transfer youth to adult criminal court as well as provided broader discretion to the criminal court by allowing the court to levy juvenile dispositions or adult sentences on youth who have been tried as adults. Judges have two options: 

Juvenile sentencing options. Some youth who have been convicted as adults may serve their sentences in juvenile detention facilities or residential rehabilitative programs. In cases when adult courts are considering imposing juvenile dispositions, the Florida Departments of Corrections and Juvenile Justice submit reports to criminal court judges. These reports provide guidance to judges as they determine whether to impose juvenile or adult sanctions on the offender.7 If their cases were transferred to adult court due to a mandatory direct file, youth who are 16 and 17 may not be eligible for juvenile sanctions.8

Adult sentencing options. Judges may sentence youth tried as adults to adult probation, where they are closely monitored, or to adult facilities. Youth sentenced to less than one year are incarcerated in county jails. Youth sentenced to longer than one year are incarcerated in adult prisons. In addition, Florida’s Youthful Offender Act provides sentencing options for youth between 18 and 21 years of age and convicted of first-time offenses that are not punishable by the death penalty. These youthful offenders may be detained in designated youthful offender facilities rather than in the adult system.

http://74.125.47.132/search?q=cache:ZC0JCEpD5ykJ:www.campaign4youthjustice.org/Downloads/laws/FL_Law.doc+florida+statutes+%2B+convicted+as+adult&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=5&gl=us

[
fatcatlurker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1379 on: March 11, 2009, 12:20:54 AM »

Legendary and scarey news for Ron from what I am reading.  I just thought spokesperson and  conversational english only was odd when I saw it on her website.

Nevermind I read it backwards...I'm not to swift all the time.  It says german conversational, english only.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.