April 25, 2024, 01:44:01 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Haleigh Cummings #5 3/08/09 - 3/11/09  (Read 299210 times)
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1460 on: March 11, 2009, 04:09:10 AM »

With no apologies whatsoever,
Can a member who has been here for more than 5 months please tell me:

Why we are arguing amongst ourselves?
Why we are not "focused"?
Why we have allowed 'anyone' to deter us from our path?

I kinda wonder if some may not be stirring the pot intentionally.. I noticed this all started a couple days ago...makes you go hmmm.

I agree Searching, have been seeing the same thing myself. 

Have tried scrolling past and ignoring, sitting on my hands and just reading.  That's hard to do when I see folks being sniped at (even in passive aggressive ways) by a certain few who haven't been here long.  I enjoy new members to our forum, and appreciate those who are here for similiar reasons as everyone else.  I don't appreciate anyone in this forum who may only be here with an intent to disrupt.  I think if someone comes in and reads a few posts of disruption, it would be a good idea before posting to those, to read back and see where and how that disruption began.  Many of the longtime members in here have been trying to deal with the disruptions of the past few days, who seem to be catching the flack rather than those who have started it in the first place. 

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1461 on: March 11, 2009, 04:14:22 AM »

Honestly:
Can we talk about the blankets?

There is a blanket left in the van (lt blue and damaged) that was confiscated, said blanket was Misty's. (right?)

There is a blanket on Haleighs bed that Misty put in the washer.

There is a blanket on the window that was taken down.

Please all help to account for these blankets.

How many blankets 2 or 3?

Am thinking you summed up what we know about the 3 blankets, dsntslp.   

Searching
Monkey Junky

Got my Anti Anthony Koolaid helmet on ,I'm ready!

« Reply #1462 on: March 11, 2009, 04:19:48 AM »

I kinda wonder if some may not be stirring the pot intentionally.. I noticed this all started a couple days ago...makes you go hmmm.

Have tried scrolling past and ignoring, sitting on my hands and just reading.  That's hard to do when I see folks being sniped at (even in passive aggressive ways) by a certain few who haven't been here long.  I enjoy new members to our forum, and appreciate those who are here for similiar reasons as everyone else.  I don't appreciate anyone in this forum who may only be here with an intent to disrupt.  I think if someone comes in and reads a few posts of disruption, it would be a good idea before posting to those, to read back and see where and how that disruption began.  Many of the longtime members in here have been trying to deal with the disruptions of the past few days, who seem to be catching the flack rather than those who have started it in the first place. 

I would hope that people would not come here and disrupt a thread about a missing child just to be hateful. I would like to think they would have more consideration,kindness and compassion then to do that..but you never know any more. Maybe those of us who have been here for a while when we see someone stirring the pot,we all just sit on our hands? Then they would be talking to themselves and we would not catch any heat.. maybe???

dsntslp
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1463 on: March 11, 2009, 04:38:50 AM »

Wyks,
Do you see 2 or 3 blankets in this scenario?

Please correct me if I am wrong.

There is a blanket that Misty left in the van
There is a blanket that Misty washed because it smelled like pee  (Haleigh's bed? Haleigh is said to be potty trained.)
There is a blanket in the window (hanging for 3 mos, suddenly it becomes noticeable that the blanket smells like urine?).

What I get is:

a blanket:
     1.  in van
     2:  in window
     3:  Haleigh's bed

Ask yourself this question please...
     "If you do not have enough blankets to kids in the house would you put a blanket on the window?  Would you use a sheet instead?  Would you even resort to foil or a goodwill sheet?  Would you use cardboard to cover the windows? 

I can not get past the idea that I would save the blankets for the kids.

Maybe it is just me.

Through thick and thin, I'll stick with Tim!
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1464 on: March 11, 2009, 05:02:34 AM »

Much has been said about the negative things that Crystal and family are saying against Ron and family etc.  And about how Ron and family has not returned fire for fire against Crystal and family. 

After listening to Misty and Ron's family discussing the engagement in the media recently, as well as listening to what they said in the home-tour videos etc, am thinking we have been witnessing a volley of fire for fire, perhaps not even realizing it. 

While it's true that Ron himself has not stepped up and defended himself against what Crystal/family has been saying.. And it's true that in this month he has not slung accusations against Crystal for her past behaviors etc.. It's also true that Ron's mom could be working overtime in helping to portray Ron in the most positive ways possible.  Perhaps to ward off the negative 'darts' that have been thrown at both Ron/Misty in the media etc.?  Perhaps in a passive-aggressive way of returning fire for fire? 

We've heard Misty's mom say about Ron/Misty getting married, "It`s just -- they`ve been getting for me to do it for, like, five months. And I said you all need to wait until you`re 18 and everybody`s trashing them. And I`m going to go ahead and let them do it." (So she's approving their marriage now because everyone is trashing them?  Is her approval now supposed to make us believe that everyone trashing them is wrong, that Ron is supposedly so wonderful that she'd even let her daughter marry him now?)

We've heard from Crystal/family that both kids have said that they were hit while with their dad and did not want to go back.  And yet.... We're hearing from Ron's family that he is a wonderful father, that the kids love Misty to the point of wanting them to be married and Misty to be their mommy, and that Jr. still talks about it now.  "Mommy" is what the kids call Crystal, by the way.  (If this whole thing about "Mommy" and Misty isn't a slap in the face to Crystal, I don't know what is!)

Soooo.. Ron and his family may not be directly slamming Crystal/family in return for what Ron/Misty has been getting from them.. But they sure are IMO, getting their digs in here and there.. all under disguise and wrapped up in pretty bows. 

All IMO. 

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1465 on: March 11, 2009, 05:10:55 AM »

I would hope that people would not come here and disrupt a thread about a missing child just to be hateful. I would like to think they would have more consideration,kindness and compassion then to do that..but you never know any more. Maybe those of us who have been here for a while when we see someone stirring the pot,we all just sit on our hands? Then they would be talking to themselves and we would not catch any heat.. maybe???

Well, we could sure try that and see!   

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1466 on: March 11, 2009, 05:34:58 AM »

Wyks,
Do you see 2 or 3 blankets in this scenario?

Please correct me if I am wrong.

There is a blanket that Misty left in the van
There is a blanket that Misty washed because it smelled like pee  (Haleigh's bed? Haleigh is said to be potty trained.)
There is a blanket in the window (hanging for 3 mos, suddenly it becomes noticeable that the blanket smells like urine?).

What I get is:

a blanket:
     1.  in van
     2:  in window
     3:  Haleigh's bed

Ask yourself this question please...
     "If you do not have enough blankets to kids in the house would you put a blanket on the window?  Would you use a sheet instead?  Would you even resort to foil or a goodwill sheet?  Would you use cardboard to cover the windows? 

I can not get past the idea that I would save the blankets for the kids.

Maybe it is just me.

Am thinking 3 is all we've heard about.  Misty said 'her' blanket was in the van that they took.  (whoever "they" are!  LE?  the abductor/s?  friends/family?  she doesn't say).  Am guessing that 'her' blanket that was in that van, was the blanket that was on the big bed?  Interesting that Misty didn't tell us what that blanket was doing in the van in the first place.  I mean really, would you or anyone take the blanket you'd be using that night off the bed and outside? 

And LOL, there's a whole lot of things I personally would do differently than what Misty seems to have done.  But yes, I'd have a blanket for each bed (one for each child, no matter where they actually slept), one for the big bed, and a spare.  If there was a second spare blanket, I might then put that on the window if I had nothing else.  But that's me.  lol

Probably the last thing I'd use on the window would be a sheet, just cuz that likely wouldn't do much.  I have night-shift working sons and a blanket works really well in blocking out daylight so they can sleep.  They put it over what's already hanging up.  So with Ron working nights and sleeping days, I'm not surprised that they had a blanket on their window.   

Misty said that the kids watched movies earlier that evening, and that they had snuggled up with a blanket while doing that.  Perhaps that's when Misty noticed that blanket (which turned out to be Haleigh's) smelled like urine.  So she washed it and put a sheet over Haleigh.  She said she took the blanket off the window, am thinking she used that to cover Jr and then later herself as well.  But wouldn't you want to wash a blanket that had likely been hanging up like that, before covering a child and yourself later?  Perhaps she washed both of those blankets and covered Jr with a sheet too.  I dunno, Misty didn't make that very clear. 

So... that's 3 blankets, with 1 of those in the van, wherever that might be.  Not even sure what LE took, if anything, cuz they haven't said. 

dsntslp
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1467 on: March 11, 2009, 06:07:52 AM »

Thankyou truly for the reply Wyks, I  am still hung up on the blankets though.  It is like going from a to c and skipping b for me.

More questions later.

((All))

Through thick and thin, I'll stick with Tim!
pharlap
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1468 on: March 11, 2009, 07:12:53 AM »

Just got on.
Good Morning everyone............

I don't think this has ever been bought up, maybe the little brother pee'd on the blanket....
That has always been my first thought.

CA = Albatross     Oh no "the fog"           
flamom
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1469 on: March 11, 2009, 08:53:21 AM »

Much has been said about the negative things that Crystal and family are saying against Ron and family etc.  And about how Ron and family has not returned fire for fire against Crystal and family. 

After listening to Misty and Ron's family discussing the engagement in the media recently, as well as listening to what they said in the home-tour videos etc, am thinking we have been witnessing a volley of fire for fire, perhaps not even realizing it. 

While it's true that Ron himself has not stepped up and defended himself against what Crystal/family has been saying.. And it's true that in this month he has not slung accusations against Crystal for her past behaviors etc.. It's also true that Ron's mom could be working overtime in helping to portray Ron in the most positive ways possible.  Perhaps to ward off the negative 'darts' that have been thrown at both Ron/Misty in the media etc.?  Perhaps in a passive-aggressive way of returning fire for fire? 

We've heard Misty's mom say about Ron/Misty getting married, "It`s just -- they`ve been getting for me to do it for, like, five months. And I said you all need to wait until you`re 18 and everybody`s trashing them. And I`m going to go ahead and let them do it." (So she's approving their marriage now because everyone is trashing them?  Is her approval now supposed to make us believe that everyone trashing them is wrong, that Ron is supposedly so wonderful that she'd even let her daughter marry him now?)

We've heard from Crystal/family that both kids have said that they were hit while with their dad and did not want to go back.  And yet.... We're hearing from Ron's family that he is a wonderful father, that the kids love Misty to the point of wanting them to be married and Misty to be their mommy, and that Jr. still talks about it now.  "Mommy" is what the kids call Crystal, by the way.  (If this whole thing about "Mommy" and Misty isn't a slap in the face to Crystal, I don't know what is!)
Soooo.. Ron and his family may not be directly slamming Crystal/family in return for what Ron/Misty has been getting from them.. But they sure are IMO, getting their digs in here and there.. all under disguise and wrapped up in pretty bows. 

All IMO. 

It is my opinion also. I agree with you. I must say I have found Ms Nieves to be likeable until I saw her on TV last night responding to a marriage question by saying the children wanted Misty to be their mommy.. Excuse me but these children have a mommy.. Ms Nieves, as a mother, should have had a bit more sense and compassion.. but I guess they have all either lost their minds or never had them. and then they wonder why Crystal and her family toss grenades.. take custody of the kids and then deny the fact that their birth mother is an active part of their lives, I find that rather despicable no matter what Crystal may have done in the past to lose custody, the Cummings side are no angels and I think as far as custody, they just got lucky.
My gut tells me Haleigh isnt coming home.. and her disappearance is paternally related

If you can read this thank a teacher. If you're reading this in English thank a soldier..
Sieko
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1470 on: March 11, 2009, 09:00:58 AM »

All IMO. 

It is my opinion also. I agree with you. I must say I have found Ms Nieves to be likeable until I saw her on TV last night responding to a marriage question by saying the children wanted Misty to be their mommy.. Excuse me but these children have a mommy.. Ms Nieves, as a mother, should have had a bit more sense and compassion.. but I guess they have all either lost their minds or never had them. and then they wonder why Crystal and her family toss grenades.. take custody of the kids and then deny the fact that their birth mother is an active part of their lives, I find that rather despicable no matter what Crystal may have done in the past to lose custody, the Cummings side are no angels and I think as far as custody, they just got lucky.
My gut tells me Haleigh isnt coming home.. and her disappearance is paternally related
I agree, and have the feeling that trying to get Crystal out of the picture isn't a new thing for the Cummings family.
GramaMonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1471 on: March 11, 2009, 09:11:37 AM »

The blanket in the van!!!  Who's van is this???  Is this the vehicle that Misty's dad said that the cousin borrowed?? 

GramaMonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1472 on: March 11, 2009, 09:12:56 AM »

All IMO. 

I agree, and have the feeling that trying to get Crystal out of the picture isn't a new thing for the Cummings family.

Did I read that Crystal was trying to locate a place nearby to live??

Sieko
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1473 on: March 11, 2009, 09:16:56 AM »

The blanket in the van!!!  Who's van is this???  Is this the vehicle that Misty's dad said that the cousin borrowed?? 
This is the only van I have heard about.  I believe it is Misty's SIL's van.
Sieko
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1474 on: March 11, 2009, 09:21:01 AM »

I read that too.  Not sure if it is something permanent she is looking for or a place just until Haleigh comes home.  I know that if it were me, I wouldn't want to be too far from my kids after something like this.
lolabelle
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1475 on: March 11, 2009, 09:21:02 AM »

All IMO. 

It is difficult when 2 parents divorce or split up. The children can not be with both of them full time. My oldest daughter has not met her biological father and has been raised by my husband since she was 2 years old. (she's 18 now) We have discussed what a parent "is". I may think along the lines of adoptive parents. We have discussed that it is not blood that makes you a parent, but the day in and day out caring for the child. Who is there to kiss their booboo's, tuck them in, just the everyday things. Crystal is the mother, yet it is difficult for her to do that full time parenting. Maybe the comments TN were based on that. Not good choice of words though. How about the step parents, mothers and fathers. I do think they play very important roles in the lives of children also. I do not believe that a 3 and 5 year old brought up the marriage thing on their own, they are too little to understand that part. It probably came more from Misty saying to the kids, go tell daddy you want him to marry me, or something like that. The main point here is yes Crystal is the biological mother, but step mothers play just as valuable part in children's lives. JMO. I do not try to upset any parents here. All parents are important in a child's life, and the more parent's there are it is that much better for the kids.
lolabelle
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1476 on: March 11, 2009, 09:27:22 AM »

I read that too.  Not sure if it is something permanent she is looking for or a place just until Haleigh comes home.  I know that if it were me, I wouldn't want to be too far from my kids after something like this.

In this article it says the spokesperson the maternal side is going to assist them in finding a place to live in Putnam county.

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/amberalerts/news-article.aspx?storyid=133403&catid=295
Sieko
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1477 on: March 11, 2009, 09:28:38 AM »

All IMO. 

It is difficult when 2 parents divorce or split up. The children can not be with both of them full time. My oldest daughter has not met her biological father and has been raised by my husband since she was 2 years old. (she's 18 now) We have discussed what a parent "is". I may think along the lines of adoptive parents. We have discussed that it is not blood that makes you a parent, but the day in and day out caring for the child. Who is there to kiss their booboo's, tuck them in, just the everyday things. Crystal is the mother, yet it is difficult for her to do that full time parenting. Maybe the comments TN were based on that. Not good choice of words though. How about the step parents, mothers and fathers. I do think they play very important roles in the lives of children also. I do not believe that a 3 and 5 year old brought up the marriage thing on their own, they are too little to understand that part. It probably came more from Misty saying to the kids, go tell daddy you want him to marry me, or something like that. The main point here is yes Crystal is the biological mother, but step mothers play just as valuable part in children's lives. JMO. I do not try to upset any parents here. All parents are important in a child's life, and the more parent's there are it is that much better for the kids.
I don't disagree with this, but bringing a new girlfriend into the picture and expecting them to call her "Mom" is just wrong.  These kids didn't come up with this themselves, they have been coaxed into it by the adults in their life.  They have a mother.  She may not win any mother of the year awards, but she is their mother.  She obviously loves those kids, otherwise she wouldn't have dropped everything to spend her days trying to get answers as to where her daughter is.
Sieko
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1478 on: March 11, 2009, 09:32:31 AM »

O/T - Islandmonkey, when you come back here...can I come and move in with you by the beach?  White out conditions here. 
Sieko
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1479 on: March 11, 2009, 09:35:13 AM »

This is the only van I have heard about.  I believe it is Misty's SIL's van.
I'd like to know more about that van too, and if "the blanket" was found in the van.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.