April 26, 2024, 03:53:28 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Haleigh Cummings #5 3/08/09 - 3/11/09  (Read 299353 times)
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1480 on: March 11, 2009, 09:45:31 AM »

Post by Lola:
It is difficult when 2 parents divorce or split up. The children can not be with both of them full time. My oldest daughter has not met her biological father and has been raised by my husband since she was 2 years old. (she's 18 now) We have discussed what a parent "is". I may think along the lines of adoptive parents. We have discussed that it is not blood that makes you a parent, but the day in and day out caring for the child. Who is there to kiss their booboo's, tuck them in, just the everyday things. Crystal is the mother, yet it is difficult for her to do that full time parenting. Maybe the comments TN were based on that. Not good choice of words though. How about the step parents, mothers and fathers. I do think they play very important roles in the lives of children also. I do not believe that a 3 and 5 year old brought up the marriage thing on their own, they are too little to understand that part. It probably came more from Misty saying to the kids, go tell daddy you want him to marry me, or something like that. The main point here is yes Crystal is the biological mother, but step mothers play just as valuable part in children's lives. JMO. I do not try to upset any parents here. All parents are important in a child's life, and the more parent's there are it is that much better for the kids.

Post by Sieko:
I don't disagree with this, but bringing a new girlfriend into the picture and expecting them to call her "Mom" is just wrong.  These kids didn't come up with this themselves, they have been coaxed into it by the adults in their life.  They have a mother.  She may not win any mother of the year awards, but she is their mother.  She obviously loves those kids, otherwise she wouldn't have dropped everything to spend her days trying to get answers as to where her daughter is.

good posts...agree with both of these.....

I do think that grand ma could have worded differently...that was a slap in the face to Crystal...
but maybe she didn't intend for it to sound the way that it did? not sure but it was not right...If Crystal was not around as a parent then perhaps...but grand ma could have said, Haleigh loves Misty and wants her as a second mommy? something along those lines....

also, the red above....Ron is doing the same thing..shows that both parents and the grand parents who have dropped everything to be with Crystal and Ron love her very much...

I think that this is a very much loved little child and for that I am thankful..their lifestyle may not be what most of us have, but there is love  from what I see, which is more than some little ones get...sigh...JMO as always....
hope and pray that she will be found today...

flossy
Monkey Junky

Got milk?

« Reply #1481 on: March 11, 2009, 09:45:34 AM »

With no apologies whatsoever,
Can a member who has been here for more than 5 months please tell me:

Why we are arguing amongst ourselves?
Why we are not "focused"?
Why we have allowed 'anyone' to deter us from our path?

I kinda wonder if some may not be stirring the pot intentionally.. I noticed this all started a couple days ago...makes you go hmmm.

I have a pretty good feeling that our wonderful mods will be doing something about it if it continues.

If it's not one thing, it's an udder.
Dolce
Monkey All Star

Del senno di poi ne son piene le fosse...

« Reply #1482 on: March 11, 2009, 09:56:57 AM »

This family puts the D in disfunctional.  The Anthony's still take the cake, but seriously I feel like I am watching an episode of "My Name is Earl". 

IM Thank you for the transcripts from NG. 

I must say it is hard to separate the gossip from the facts in this case, a lot of scuttlebutt going on.  If the rumors and details about each of the players in this case (from both sides) is even remotely true, then why in the heck are the children aloud to be with any of them?  I still can not wrap my mind around how the parents of these young parents are allowing this to continue and go on.  Ron, may or may not be innocent in all of this, time will tell, but one thing is for sure, he needs to keep it in his pants!

I hope that Haleigh is returned, and then I hope that the DCF steps in to this situation and straightens some things out here.  While I do not always agree with DCF tactics, I think this situation would benefit from its presence.

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1483 on: March 11, 2009, 10:00:11 AM »

I kinda wonder if some may not be stirring the pot intentionally.. I noticed this all started a couple days ago...makes you go hmmm.

I have a pretty good feeling that our wonderful mods will be doing something about it if it continues.

I don't think that anyone is intentionally trying to disrupt or to pot stir...I think that we/some are just trying to fit in, get used to each other, have our opinions, (oldies and newbies,) heard and respected...Remember, you all have been posting together for a long time it seems which is awesome...but there has to be some give and take from all posters oldies and newbies for the forum to work...I have a strong personality and can generally get along with most...some posters are more timid, perhaps not a lot of forum experience and feel left out if they are not made to feel that they are important? dunno...but I think that from what I have seen, the oldies have been mostly welcoming and inclusive..but some of  the oldies have also in some ways, just my opinion, admonished some of the newer posters  in front of the forum because they have strayed outside of the "usual" posting ways? there are kinder ways of wording than coming across that you are superior simply because you have been here longer than someone else... it is always hard to try to fit into a cliche that is already established..I realize that it is hard to be patient with newbies when the oldies have had their groove going for awhile..but remember, we all start out as newbies somewhere, sometime don't we...?a little patience goes a long way...
I may not be explaining myself well, but this is what I have seen and felt...hope I don't get any nanners thrown my way....I just think that given time, you/we won;t be able to tell the newbies from the oldies! Post counts should not qualify anyone of being any more valuable to this forum than anyone else...This is an awesome forum and I thank  you all for letting me be a part of it and for being mostly kind and gracious......
Ok, let the pain begin!  ouch....ouch....nanner just hit me in the head...ouch

flamom
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1484 on: March 11, 2009, 10:04:01 AM »

cookie, you are a great monkey.. dont worry about thrown nanners, they are rubber and bounce off of all of us 

If you can read this thank a teacher. If you're reading this in English thank a soldier..
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1485 on: March 11, 2009, 10:07:02 AM »

cookie, you are a great monkey.. dont worry about thrown nanners, they are rubber and bounce off of all of us 

thank you.....you are sweet....

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #1486 on: March 11, 2009, 10:08:13 AM »

Good Morning, not only the van, but what about the abandoned car found, do we know who that belonged to? I believe I read there was a small amout of meth in it.
lolabelle
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1487 on: March 11, 2009, 10:10:06 AM »

I am sorry if my wanting to look at all the individuals in this case is called "stirring the pot". Since we do not know the who in this it is only fair. If not I'll sit in the corner quietly.
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1488 on: March 11, 2009, 10:10:09 AM »

Good Morning, not only the van, but what about the abandoned car found, do we know who that belonged to? I believe I read there was a small amout of meth in it.

geez Rosie, I had not heard that one...

I have wondered about the vehicles as well...anyone know who they belong to?

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1489 on: March 11, 2009, 10:15:59 AM »

I am sorry if my wanting to look at all the individuals in this case is called "stirring the pot". Since we do not know the who in this it is only fair. If not I'll sit in the corner quietly.

not stirring to me...just trying to be fair to all involved in my opinion...it is really the right thing to do...
doesn't stop any of us from speculating however...human nature...I can find "doubt" if you will with any of these characters, however, I don't think that any of the main cast has done anything directly to harm Haleigh...I think that they all love her...
I can't remember in the other missing persons cases that I have contributed to on a forum with this much drama from family members...from their drug rap sheets, to the inappropriate engagement, my opinion....to the many SO s in the area, to the total dysfunction of all members of this family etc....It gives us a lot to speculate with....

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #1490 on: March 11, 2009, 10:16:46 AM »

I believe it was found on one of the searches, but everything is so hush, hush, maybe there was nothing to this vehicle.
Idgie
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1491 on: March 11, 2009, 10:17:50 AM »

Surely there were some fingerprints found in that car. Obviously there was not a match found or there would have been an arrest if meth was in there.
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1492 on: March 11, 2009, 10:19:06 AM »

wonder why we have not heard much on this case with the sunshine law down there...
but if the LE have their reasons and they are trying to keep Haleigh safe and her best interests at heart, I totally respect that...Still, if they did clear Misty or Ron or Crystal, it would take those people out of the mix.

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1493 on: March 11, 2009, 10:20:45 AM »

Surely there were some fingerprints found in that car. Obviously there was not a match found or there would have been an arrest if meth was in there.

they would only need to know who the car was registered to though to get an arrest if there was meth found in it right? not saying that the owner of the vehicle was the owner of the meth but it would be a good place to start...

Sieko
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1494 on: March 11, 2009, 10:20:47 AM »

I believe it was found on one of the searches, but everything is so hush, hush, maybe there was nothing to this vehicle.
I have read this some where too, but can't recall where.  Can you remember?  Not that I would know personally, but I have a hard time believing a meth addict would abandon their stash, no matter how minute.
lolabelle
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1495 on: March 11, 2009, 10:21:51 AM »

wonder why we have not heard much on this case with the sunshine law down there...
but if the LE have their reasons and they are trying to keep Haleigh safe and her best interests at heart, I totally respect that...Still, if they did clear Misty or Ron or Crystal, it would take those people out of the mix.

I believe I heard on NG that there has to be charges filed on someone before the law applies.
Garden Gnome
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1496 on: March 11, 2009, 10:22:40 AM »

This family puts the D in disfunctional.  The Anthony's still take the cake, but seriously I feel like I am watching an episode of "My Name is Earl". 

IM Thank you for the transcripts from NG. 

I must say it is hard to separate the gossip from the facts in this case, a lot of scuttlebutt going on.  If the rumors and details about each of the players in this case (from both sides) is even remotely true, then why in the heck are the children aloud to be with any of them?  I still can not wrap my mind around how the parents of these young parents are allowing this to continue and go on.  Ron, may or may not be innocent in all of this, time will tell, but one thing is for sure, he needs to keep it in his pants!

I hope that Haleigh is returned, and then I hope that the DCF steps in to this situation and straightens some things out here.  While I do not always agree with DCF tactics, I think this situation would benefit from its presence.

I haven't been posting much over the last week but cheers for this!  It has nothing to do with money or trailers or class, it has everything to do with poor decision making and planning.  I do not believe that anyone in this situation is giving top priority to these children.  I cannot even fathom how Ron and Mistie can be planning to marry while his daughter is missing.  It is so inappropriate that it boggles the mind.

Every now and then soft as breath upon my skin, I feel you come back again....and I believe.
lolabelle
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1497 on: March 11, 2009, 10:24:31 AM »

I have read this some where too, but can't recall where.  Can you remember?  Not that I would know personally, but I have a hard time believing a meth addict would abandon their stash, no matter how minute.

Could there just have been trace amounts? I remember watching a show on hoe when it is made vapors are released and settles. Could be wrong not up on my making of drugs.
lolabelle
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1498 on: March 11, 2009, 10:26:43 AM »

Could there just have been trace amounts? I remember watching a show on hoe when it is made vapors are released and settles. Could be wrong not up on my making of drugs.

http://chemistry.about.com/od/medicalhealth/a/crystalmeth.htm

White phosphorus with sodium hydroxide can produce poisonous phosphine gas, usually as a result of overheating red phosphorus, plus white phosphorus can autoignite and blow up the meth lab. In addition to phosphine and phosphorus, various hazardous vapors may be associated with a meth lab, such as chloroform, ether, acetone, ammonia, hydrochloric acid, methylamine, iodine, hydroiodic acid, lithium or sodium, mercury, and hydrogen gas.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1499 on: March 11, 2009, 10:31:04 AM »

Looking at all individuals in this case (meaning Haleigh's case) would not be called stirring the pot, and therefore no need to sit in corner quietly.  Your opinion and your input, as is everyone else's here is equally important.  This can be done in a civil manner.  What could be called "stirring the pot" in my opinion would be those that aren't really interested in finding Haleigh as much as calling attention to themselves or just enjoy derailing threads.  Or it could be someone that has an agenda, that wants to deter attention from areas of the case for their own reasons.   Sometimes there is disinformation given whether purposefully or otherwise.  That is why we so often call for links.  So it doesn't get repeated and become what some believe is the truth, when it's only a rumor.  It's good to add an imo and that way we know it's your opinion. 

I think we have a lot of new monkeys that will learn in time how to be able discuss things here, give their opinions and allow others to have their opinions and theories also, without fighting about it. 

What admin and mods are looking at are those that try to derail a thread or abuse other posters.  Instead of each of you going after one another when there may appear to be abuse, use the "report to moderator button" on the offending post and an email is sent to admin and all mods.  It's hard to see each and every post made on this forum, but we will see when possible abuse is reported.  I think some monkeys are trying to police things themselves, and this is also causing some infighting.  Use the "report to moderator" button, instead of throwing nanners at others. 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.