April 16, 2024, 11:36:16 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Haleigh Cummings #5 3/08/09 - 3/11/09  (Read 298951 times)
Sieko
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1500 on: March 11, 2009, 10:32:06 AM »

Good Morning, not only the van, but what about the abandoned car found, do we know who that belonged to? I believe I read there was a small amout of meth in it.

geez Rosie, I had not heard that one...

I have wondered about the vehicles as well...anyone know who they belong to?
I believe it was found on one of the searches, but everything is so hush, hush, maybe there was nothing to this vehicle.
I have read this some where too, but can't recall where.  Can you remember?  Not that I would know personally, but I have a hard time believing a meth addict would abandon their stash, no matter how minute.

Could there just have been trace amounts? I remember watching a show on hoe when it is made vapors are released and settles. Could be wrong not up on my making of drugs.
Could be.
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1501 on: March 11, 2009, 10:34:14 AM »

With no apologies whatsoever,
Can a member who has been here for more than 5 months please tell me:

Why we are arguing amongst ourselves?
Why we are not "focused"?
Why we have allowed 'anyone' to deter us from our path?

I kinda wonder if some may not be stirring the pot intentionally.. I noticed this all started a couple days ago...makes you go hmmm.

I have a pretty good feeling that our wonderful mods will be doing something about it if it continues.

I am sorry if my wanting to look at all the individuals in this case is called "stirring the pot". Since we do not know the who in this it is only fair. If not I'll sit in the corner quietly.

Looking at all individuals in this case (meaning Haleigh's case) would not be called stirring the pot, and therefore no need to sit in corner quietly.  Your opinion and your input, as is everyone else's here is equally important.  This can be done in a civil manner.  What could be called "stirring the pot" in my opinion would be those that aren't really interested in finding Haleigh as much as calling attention to themselves or just enjoy derailing threads.  Or it could be someone that has an agenda, that wants to deter attention from areas of the case for their own reasons.   Sometimes there is disinformation given whether purposefully or otherwise.  That is why we so often call for links.  So it doesn't get repeated and become what some believe is the truth, when it's only a rumor.  It's good to add an imo and that way we know it's your opinion. 

I think we have a lot of new monkeys that will learn in time how to be able discuss things here, give their opinions and allow others to have their opinions and theories also, without fighting about it. 

What admin and mods are looking at are those that try to derail a thread or abuse other posters.  Instead of each of you going after one another when there may appear to be abuse, use the "report to moderator button" on the offending post and an email is sent to admin and all mods.  It's hard to see each and every post made on this forum, but we will see when possible abuse is reported.  I think some monkeys are trying to police things themselves, and this is also causing some infighting.  Use the "report to moderator" button, instead of throwing nanners at others. 

Respect Muffy on your above post....I was trying to make some of these points in my post about this but you said it so much better than I did....

LilPuma
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1502 on: March 11, 2009, 10:40:24 AM »

I haven't followed this case and don't know if anyone already posted this, but Without A Trace last night showed Haleigh Cummings' picture and stats during one of the breaks. 

Have a good day, Monkeys. 

Our deeds are seeds and by them, we plant the world we will walk through tomorrow
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1503 on: March 11, 2009, 10:43:59 AM »

I haven't followed this case and don't know if anyone already posted this, but Without A Trace last night showed Haleigh Cummings' picture and stats during one of the breaks. 

Good morning LilPuma.  It's good to see you. 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1504 on: March 11, 2009, 10:44:14 AM »

did not see it but thank you for telling us....

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1505 on: March 11, 2009, 10:47:19 AM »

Good morning monkeys

Let's hope today brings some good news in Haleigh's case.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Sieko
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1506 on: March 11, 2009, 10:48:47 AM »

Glad to hear that.
GramaMonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1507 on: March 11, 2009, 10:51:07 AM »

Back to the van in question.  If it was indeed Misty's SIL's, and that is the one that Joe borrowed that night, and the blanket was found in this van.

Did Misty go with Joe, take the children with her??  Maybe that would explain why the blanket was in there.   Or....did Halieigh herself go with Joe, taking the blanket.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1508 on: March 11, 2009, 10:53:09 AM »

Back to the van in question.  If it was indeed Misty's SIL's, and that is the one that Joe borrowed that night, and the blanket was found in this van.

Did Misty go with Joe, take the children with her??  Maybe that would explain why the blanket was in there.   Or....did Halieigh herself go with Joe, taking the blanket.

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1509 on: March 11, 2009, 10:55:34 AM »

good observation and questions there Grama! Way to be....! very interesting angle there that I haven't heard being discussed here...

GramaMonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1510 on: March 11, 2009, 10:58:02 AM »

We must remember that MOST OF THE POSTERS on this forum are just POSTERS...that are not related, have never met nor live near the families being discussed.  We can offer our opinions and others are discussing from a distance.

Then we have NEW POSTERS that are related, live nearby and have come in personal contact with these families.  They have personal insight to the topics discussed, and are offering their views of the individuals.

Naturally, it is going to cause some talkback.

islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

HaLeigh~you are loved and in God's loving arms

« Reply #1511 on: March 11, 2009, 10:58:30 AM »

Much has been said about the negative things that Crystal and family are saying against Ron and family etc.  And about how Ron and family has not returned fire for fire against Crystal and family. 

After listening to Misty and Ron's family discussing the engagement in the media recently, as well as listening to what they said in the home-tour videos etc, am thinking we have been witnessing a volley of fire for fire, perhaps not even realizing it. 

While it's true that Ron himself has not stepped up and defended himself against what Crystal/family has been saying.. And it's true that in this month he has not slung accusations against Crystal for her past behaviors etc.. It's also true that Ron's mom could be working overtime in helping to portray Ron in the most positive ways possible.  Perhaps to ward off the negative 'darts' that have been thrown at both Ron/Misty in the media etc.?  Perhaps in a passive-aggressive way of returning fire for fire? 

We've heard Misty's mom say about Ron/Misty getting married, "It`s just -- they`ve been getting for me to do it for, like, five months. And I said you all need to wait until you`re 18 and everybody`s trashing them. And I`m going to go ahead and let them do it." (So she's approving their marriage now because everyone is trashing them?  Is her approval now supposed to make us believe that everyone trashing them is wrong, that Ron is supposedly so wonderful that she'd even let her daughter marry him now?)

We've heard from Crystal/family that both kids have said that they were hit while with their dad and did not want to go back.  And yet.... We're hearing from Ron's family that he is a wonderful father, that the kids love Misty to the point of wanting them to be married and Misty to be their mommy, and that Jr. still talks about it now.  "Mommy" is what the kids call Crystal, by the way.  (If this whole thing about "Mommy" and Misty isn't a slap in the face to Crystal, I don't know what is!)

Soooo.. Ron and his family may not be directly slamming Crystal/family in return for what Ron/Misty has been getting from them.. But they sure are IMO, getting their digs in here and there.. all under disguise and wrapped up in pretty bows. 

All IMO. 

Thank you Wyks~couldn't have stated it better myself........although Ron has been tossing around the familiar " Well, I won custody" since day one............then everyone jumps to the conclusion that if he has custody, she must really have been a horrible mother (without even looking thru the costody documents). When the reporters have asked Ron why he has custody, he is all too happy to let them know the judge thought he was the better parent (yet another slap in the face IMO).

We seem to be on the same page Wyks.

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
lolabelle
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1512 on: March 11, 2009, 11:03:08 AM »

Much has been said about the negative things that Crystal and family are saying against Ron and family etc.  And about how Ron and family has not returned fire for fire against Crystal and family. 

After listening to Misty and Ron's family discussing the engagement in the media recently, as well as listening to what they said in the home-tour videos etc, am thinking we have been witnessing a volley of fire for fire, perhaps not even realizing it. 

While it's true that Ron himself has not stepped up and defended himself against what Crystal/family has been saying.. And it's true that in this month he has not slung accusations against Crystal for her past behaviors etc.. It's also true that Ron's mom could be working overtime in helping to portray Ron in the most positive ways possible.  Perhaps to ward off the negative 'darts' that have been thrown at both Ron/Misty in the media etc.?  Perhaps in a passive-aggressive way of returning fire for fire? 

We've heard Misty's mom say about Ron/Misty getting married, "It`s just -- they`ve been getting for me to do it for, like, five months. And I said you all need to wait until you`re 18 and everybody`s trashing them. And I`m going to go ahead and let them do it." (So she's approving their marriage now because everyone is trashing them?  Is her approval now supposed to make us believe that everyone trashing them is wrong, that Ron is supposedly so wonderful that she'd even let her daughter marry him now?)

We've heard from Crystal/family that both kids have said that they were hit while with their dad and did not want to go back.  And yet.... We're hearing from Ron's family that he is a wonderful father, that the kids love Misty to the point of wanting them to be married and Misty to be their mommy, and that Jr. still talks about it now.  "Mommy" is what the kids call Crystal, by the way.  (If this whole thing about "Mommy" and Misty isn't a slap in the face to Crystal, I don't know what is!)

Soooo.. Ron and his family may not be directly slamming Crystal/family in return for what Ron/Misty has been getting from them.. But they sure are IMO, getting their digs in here and there.. all under disguise and wrapped up in pretty bows. 

All IMO. 

Thank you Wyks~couldn't have stated it better myself........although Ron has been tossing around the familiar " Well, I won custody" since day one............then everyone jumps to the conclusion that if he has custody, she must really have been a horrible mother (without even looking thru the costody documents). When the reporters have asked Ron why he has custody, he is all too happy to let them know the judge thought he was the better parent (yet another slap in the face IMO).

We seem to be on the same page Wyks.

I have only heard Ron say that once. As far as not defending oneself, my mom always said it takes a bigger person to just walk away. IMO
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1513 on: March 11, 2009, 11:07:06 AM »

Good Morning all....

I was gonna say this yesterday but just decided to keep my mouth shut. After-all, we have the best Admin and Mods anywhere. And this is certainly not to suggest that anyone is not doing the volunteer related job.

After reading here the last few days I just can't believe some of what I have been reading. Yanno, I have been here since day one, and I have seen it all. And by ALL - I mean just about everything you can think of.

The reason SM is different and the best is because of the civil conversation that takes place and the fact that SM has the most astute posters on the net. Now, I know we always have a lot of new members. Who wouldn't want to post along side of US? 

Recently I have seen some posts that I would say are completely off the deep end. I'm not naming names but maybe we should all use the good head the Good Lord gave us.

Since when have "family members" been able to influence "your" thinking? And I ask that in the most humble manor. When someone sends a cadre of "family members" to post on boards - that should be a huge red flag that "that" family member needs some type of "electronic" support and that makes me then wonder - WHY.

I try to take out the supposition and out-right lies when I formulate my opinions. I am on this board cause I DO have opinions. Will those opinions "solve" the case - doubtful - very very doubtful. We all have opinions and that's why we're all here.

Some of the attacks, pseudo innuendo, and what I would call blatant rumor mongering are just wrong. I know that and so do you. And trust me - this is not to TELL anyone how to post but to possibly give you all some advice (should you choose to accept it) that some of the stuff posted about Ron and Misty are just not right. How are you gonna feel when the next Couey emerges? Will you be the first to send a letter to Ron and Misty saying that you wrote some stuff on SM that wasn't particularly nice?

I'm not a fan of anyone choosing to get married when a child is missing. After-all that missing child will not be part of the joy and love that a wedding is supposed to create. I'm not happy when a parent takes hours to get a tattoo while a child is missing. I don't think it demonstrates the character I look for in my personal associates nor my friends. I try to circle myself with loving, caring and compassionate people. We can not all be so fortunate. 

To date - tell me, what evidence is there that Ron or Misty have harmed Haleigh? I know there are lots of rumors. Believe  me I KNOW. I'm not missing those rumors. I see them as you do. Now everything could change and Misty may not be telling the truth. But to date, there is nothing to charge her with. There is nothing to charge Ron with. And
Haleigh is still missing. I'm not saying that there will not be future evidence to emerge - we just don't know. All I am is saying is try to be a little bit kinder to someone missing their child and maybe not jump to conclusions regarding clothes, tattoos, and wedding proposals. Remember that not everyone lives the same life that you do. Remember that not everyone has had it easy. Some people are doing the best they can and it may not fit your mold for a lifestyle, an over-all plan for how to live life in harmony and it may not fit your general idea how to raise a child. Not everyone is perfect and not everyone could have harmed Haleigh.

Ok.. just my opinion... everyone have a nice day... and I'll be thinking of all of you.

Truth, Justice and the American Way.

+++

~ livin' the life I was born to live - givin' it all I've got to give ~
Sieko
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1514 on: March 11, 2009, 11:07:35 AM »

I came across some kind of psychic site last night (can't recall which) where someone said they had a dream.  I don't believe in this stuff, but just wanted to bring up a different angle.  It went something like this:  Around 2am Misty became angry with Haleigh (for whatever reason) and hit her.  Haleigh fell, hitting her head on something, and killing her.  Misty calls some man to come help remove Haleigh from the home.  Guy shows up angry, tells Misty she should have had her wrapped up (or something) before he got there.  Tells her to put the body in a bag or something, and yells at her to clean up the mess.  Takes Haleigh and tells Misty to never call him again.

There was more to it, but it doesn't really matter...

My first thought when Misty made the blanket statement, was that she did something to Haleigh (intentional or not) and wrapped her in the blanket to remove her body.  I also wondered in the beginning if her brother (who lives on Tyler) had any hand in helping her.
GramaMonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1515 on: March 11, 2009, 11:09:59 AM »

Then again, when someone tries to 'defend' themselves, they find that they cannot say the right words to justify ...defense.  In other words, the more they try to clear their name, the more they involve themselves.  So...they shut up!!!

But, Ron has his family sorta speaking for him, trying to paint the picture.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1516 on: March 11, 2009, 11:13:55 AM »

Good morning Rob

Sieko
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1517 on: March 11, 2009, 11:16:46 AM »

Then again, when someone tries to 'defend' themselves, they find that they cannot say the right words to justify ...defense.  In other words, the more they try to clear their name, the more they involve themselves.  So...they shut up!!!

But, Ron has his family sorta speaking for him, trying to paint the picture.
I can understand this.  Me in front of a video camera = Instant idiot.
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1518 on: March 11, 2009, 11:17:12 AM »

Rob....as always  ....RESPECT to you on what you say, and  how you say it...puts things in perspective....
I was hoping that you would show up soon and give us some food for thought....thanks...

Keep the faith for Haleigh everyone! today could be the day that she returns home!

NCSunny
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1519 on: March 11, 2009, 11:18:57 AM »

With no apologies whatsoever,
Can a member who has been here for more than 5 months please tell me:

Why we are arguing amongst ourselves?
Why we are not "focused"?
Why we have allowed 'anyone' to deter us from our path?

I kinda wonder if some may not be stirring the pot intentionally.. I noticed this all started a couple days ago...makes you go hmmm.

I have a pretty good feeling that our wonderful mods will be doing something about it if it continues.

I don't think that anyone is intentionally trying to disrupt or to pot stir...I think that we/some are just trying to fit in, get used to each other, have our opinions, (oldies and newbies,) heard and respected...Remember, you all have been posting together for a long time it seems which is awesome...but there has to be some give and take from all posters oldies and newbies for the forum to work...I have a strong personality and can generally get along with most...some posters are more timid, perhaps not a lot of forum experience and feel left out if they are not made to feel that they are important? dunno...but I think that from what I have seen, the oldies have been mostly welcoming and inclusive..but some of  the oldies have also in some ways, just my opinion, admonished some of the newer posters  in front of the forum because they have strayed outside of the "usual" posting ways? there are kinder ways of wording than coming across that you are superior simply because you have been here longer than someone else... it is always hard to try to fit into a cliche that is already established..I realize that it is hard to be patient with newbies when the oldies have had their groove going for awhile..but remember, we all start out as newbies somewhere, sometime don't we...?a little patience goes a long way...
I may not be explaining myself well, but this is what I have seen and felt...hope I don't get any nanners thrown my way....I just think that given time, you/we won;t be able to tell the newbies from the oldies! Post counts should not qualify anyone of being any more valuable to this forum than anyone else...This is an awesome forum and I thank  you all for letting me be a part of it and for being mostly kind and gracious......
Ok, let the pain begin!  ouch....ouch....nanner just hit me in the head...ouch

Thank you Cookie, I am new here & new to forums.  I have felt the way you have explained, nothing I can put my finger on, just a feeling. I am a quiet & shy person and mostly lurked since joining & finally felt comfortable enough to post, but when the fighting & snarky comments began, I went back to lurking.

I too am glad to belong here & thank everyone for trying to make sense of this perplexing case.

NCSunny

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.