April 24, 2024, 05:11:58 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Haleigh Cummings #5 3/08/09 - 3/11/09  (Read 299198 times)
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1520 on: March 11, 2009, 11:21:44 AM »

welcome Sunny! the more the merrier and hope that you will jump right in and tell us your thought on all of this!

fatcatlurker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1521 on: March 11, 2009, 11:26:00 AM »

I haven't followed this case and don't know if anyone already posted this, but Without A Trace last night showed Haleigh Cummings' picture and stats during one of the breaks. 

Have a good day, Monkeys. 

Very cool I hate to see her slipping out of the media everyday, but we have so many new ones missing now also.  That's kind of why I don't get mad about Ron and Misty's antic's atleast it's helping to keep it out there.
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1522 on: March 11, 2009, 11:38:30 AM »

Morning Fat Cat....

alagary
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1523 on: March 11, 2009, 11:39:49 AM »

This is to searching . I want to apologize for my trailer remark yesterday . As soon as I hit submit I regretted wording it that way . I hope you see this and please understand that I know it was a stupid thing for me to say . I am very sorry .
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1524 on: March 11, 2009, 11:42:18 AM »

This is to searching . I want to apologize for my trailer remark yesterday . As soon as I hit submit I regretted wording it that way . I hope you see this and please understand that I know it was a stupid thing for me to say . I am very sorry .

not Searching but I and most of us can probably relate to doing/saying something and then wishing that we had worded it differently!
xxxx
wouldn't it be nice to have an edit button? Our words on print come out so different than when speaking in person sometimes...
xxxxx.

fatcatlurker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1525 on: March 11, 2009, 11:43:06 AM »

Morning Fat Cat....

Good morning!  I can't find anything on this van.  I know a vehicle is impounded or was and I believe it is a van that belongs to someone in Misty's family.  I sure wish they would atleast release this part if it's not crucial to the case.  But maybe after taking all the DNA last week from friends and family maybe they are trying to eliminate it now.  See if there is any strange DNA in it other than who says they were in it.  I don't know.
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

HaLeigh~you are loved and in God's loving arms

« Reply #1526 on: March 11, 2009, 11:46:43 AM »

O/T - Islandmonkey, when you come back here...can I come and move in with you by the beach?  White out conditions here. 

sure~it's pretty white here too, but in the form of sand and, it'snice and warm with gentle breezes all year long, when can I look for you to arrive

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
Idgie
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1527 on: March 11, 2009, 11:49:04 AM »

Good Morning all....

I was gonna say this yesterday but just decided to keep my mouth shut. After-all, we have the best Admin and Mods anywhere. And this is certainly not to suggest that anyone is not doing the volunteer related job.

After reading here the last few days I just can't believe some of what I have been reading. Yanno, I have been here since day one, and I have seen it all. And by ALL - I mean just about everything you can think of.

The reason SM is different and the best is because of the civil conversation that takes place and the fact that SM has the most astute posters on the net. Now, I know we always have a lot of new members. Who wouldn't want to post along side of US? 

Recently I have seen some posts that I would say are completely off the deep end. I'm not naming names but maybe we should all use the good head the Good Lord gave us.

Since when have "family members" been able to influence "your" thinking? And I ask that in the most humble manor. When someone sends a cadre of "family members" to post on boards - that should be a huge red flag that "that" family member needs some type of "electronic" support and that makes me then wonder - WHY.

I try to take out the supposition and out-right lies when I formulate my opinions. I am on this board cause I DO have opinions. Will those opinions "solve" the case - doubtful - very very doubtful. We all have opinions and that's why we're all here.

Some of the attacks, pseudo innuendo, and what I would call blatant rumor mongering are just wrong. I know that and so do you. And trust me - this is not to TELL anyone how to post but to possibly give you all some advice (should you choose to accept it) that some of the stuff posted about Ron and Misty are just not right. How are you gonna feel when the next Couey emerges? Will you be the first to send a letter to Ron and Misty saying that you wrote some stuff on SM that wasn't particularly nice?

I'm not a fan of anyone choosing to get married when a child is missing. After-all that missing child will not be part of the joy and love that a wedding is supposed to create. I'm not happy when a parent takes hours to get a tattoo while a child is missing. I don't think it demonstrates the character I look for in my personal associates nor my friends. I try to circle myself with loving, caring and compassionate people. We can not all be so fortunate. 

To date - tell me, what evidence is there that Ron or Misty have harmed Haleigh? I know there are lots of rumors. Believe  me I KNOW. I'm not missing those rumors. I see them as you do. Now everything could change and Misty may not be telling the truth. But to date, there is nothing to charge her with. There is nothing to charge Ron with. And
Haleigh is still missing. I'm not saying that there will not be future evidence to emerge - we just don't know. All I am is saying is try to be a little bit kinder to someone missing their child and maybe not jump to conclusions regarding clothes, tattoos, and wedding proposals. Remember that not everyone lives the same life that you do. Remember that not everyone has had it easy. Some people are doing the best they can and it may not fit your mold for a lifestyle, an over-all plan for how to live life in harmony and it may not fit your general idea how to raise a child. Not everyone is perfect and not everyone could have harmed Haleigh.

Ok.. just my opinion... everyone have a nice day... and I'll be thinking of all of you.

Thank you Ron   
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #1528 on: March 11, 2009, 11:52:37 AM »

No problem for me, with me what I'm thinking sounds good, and when I try to verbalize it, doesn't sound so good. Oh well 
GramaMonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1529 on: March 11, 2009, 11:53:39 AM »

OK, supposedly cousin Joe borrowed the van from Misty's SIL. 

#1. How did Joe get from TN to FL.....did he not have a vehicle to travel in??

#2. What then was the reason for using the SIL'S van??

#3.  What time did he borrow the van, and what time was it returned??

#4. Was he alone when he borrowed the van, or was someone else with him??

#5.  If someone else travelled with him from TN, where did this person go when Joe took the van, if this person stayed behind??

#6. What was the explanation for the damage to the van??

#7.  Of course, I am still on the blanket topic.

Maybe some of these have already been answered, but these are just things that are questionable.

fatcatlurker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1530 on: March 11, 2009, 11:56:24 AM »

http://blogs.discovery.com/criminal_report/2008/10/texas-equusea-1.html

Here is an interesting article about dogs hitting on bloody gloves not related to a case.  It tells how they found the evidence than brought the dogs in and what the reaction was.  So it is looking like some dogs can and do hit on old blood.  Interesting.
Garden Gnome
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1531 on: March 11, 2009, 11:58:53 AM »

O/T - Islandmonkey, when you come back here...can I come and move in with you by the beach?  White out conditions here. 

sure~it's pretty white here too, but in the form of sand and, it'snice and warm with gentle breezes all year long, when can I look for you to arrive

IM, I really need to venture out of central FL and up to your beaches.  Beautiful!  Love your pics!

Every now and then soft as breath upon my skin, I feel you come back again....and I believe.
Garden Gnome
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1532 on: March 11, 2009, 12:00:28 PM »

Ron, you are missed. And a very rational post.

I'll bet you meant "Rob".   
« Last Edit: March 11, 2009, 12:14:58 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

Every now and then soft as breath upon my skin, I feel you come back again....and I believe.
fatcatlurker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1533 on: March 11, 2009, 12:03:24 PM »

Here is the article about Tennessee Joe's visit from the Croslins, maybe gives us a timeline of sorts.

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/local/news-article.aspx?storyid=132845&catid=3

Misty Croslin's Family Points Finger at Relative
Posted By: Jackelyn Barnard     Created: 3/4/2009 5:53:30 PM    Updated: 3/4/2009 5:53:30 PM
Recommend Print Article Email Article Larger Smaller

JACKSONVILLE, FL -- Twenty-three days into their investigation, law enforcement officers are still trying to find Haleigh Cummings.

The five-year-old was last seen when her father's girlfriend, Misty Croslin, says she put her to bed.

Investigators have not fingered a suspect, but today members of Croslin's family spoke out about the search.

Croslin's mom and dad, Lisa and Hank, spoke out about a 19-year-old cousin who lives in Tennessee. His name is Joe. We are not identifying his last name because police have not named him a suspect in the case.

Police confirm the FBI has talked to Joe. Croslin's father says he spoke to police about the teenager on Tuesday. "I was into the police station yesterday telling them everything. I hope I don't get in trouble for saying, but ya know. I don't know what else to do."

The First Coast News I-team has found Joe's myspace page. The last posting on his site is from February 22, 2009.

A friend by the name of Thomas told Joe, "Just go back down there and help find the lil girl it just might clear your name."

The Croslins say about two weeks before Haleigh disappeared, Joe and Haleigh's dad, Ronald Cummings, had an issue over a gun. "He stole Ronald's gun. One morning, on the porch, said, Ronald will get what's coming to him. It was dropped, he left and Haleigh was gone," says Lisa Croslin.

Police confirm they are investigating the information about the stolen gun.

A week and a half ago, when police were asked if Joe was a suspect police said, "The one in Tennessee? No, he is not at all."

But then later, police changed their comment to no one has been ruled in or out as a suspect.

"The way I understand it, they're not ruling them out. I don't want to get in trouble for things I say, I don't know. The police is doing their jobs," says Hank Croslin.

islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

HaLeigh~you are loved and in God's loving arms

« Reply #1534 on: March 11, 2009, 12:03:28 PM »

IM, I really need to venture out of central FL and up to your beaches.  Beautiful!  Love your pics!

Thanks! I moved here a year ago and haven't even been outside the County yet ..........can't seem to drag my arse off the beach!

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
faith1109
Scared Monkey

You are loved. Don't give up!

« Reply #1535 on: March 11, 2009, 12:05:12 PM »

Good morning monkeys.  I know I have not posted here much lately.  Been busy with work and life though I do read here daily on my phone which is not conducive to posting. 

About two weeks ago on a Sunday morning I went to our local Wal Mart in Oklahoma and thought I saw Haleigh.  The store was pretty empty because the majority are in church Sunday morning in this town so only a few other shoppers were there besides me.  I was on an aisle by myself when a man briskly turned and walked past me.  I got a very uneasy feeling from him and felt anger or negativity in his manner.  As silly as it sounds I was scared and wanted as far away from him as possible.  As I turned the corner he began yelling a little girl's name (which I won't mention to protect her, but he did not use the name Haleigh).  A girl who could be Haleigh's twin ran breathlessly from another aisle with a look of fear on her face and was confused about which aisle he was calling her from.  She faced me and I did something so stupid.  I pointed to the direction of the man and said he's over there honey.  I was scared for her and didn't want her to get in trouble because his calls for her were becoming louder and more irritated.  The fact that he called her by a name other than Haleigh assured me for a few hours it wasn't her.

Needless to say the encounter haunted me and I could not get it out of my head it could have been her.  Yet I did not want to falsely report a sighting and use valuable resources on a dead end or get an innocent person in trouble.  I decided to call the store's surveillance department and see if they could pull the video up of the little girl.  I had saved my receipt so I had an exact time I was in the store and with that and the description of the pair I hoped they could find it.  The surveillance person called me back within 20 minutes and agreed the little girl on the video looked like Haleigh.  She got my information and a few minutes later I got a call from the store's manager.  He had reviewed the tape as well and felt there was signifigant reason to notify the authorities.

I was first interviewed by our local P.D. who contacted the FBI and they reviewed the surveillance tapes as well.  They were convinced enough by the girl's appearance to track down the man from his store receipt/purchase and located his residence.  The FBI did a home visit and questioned the man and the little girl at length.  The agent who called me said although a very close match the little girl was not Haleigh.

So after this harrowing experience I wanted to say that Law Enforcement and the FBI are doing everything they can to find Haleigh based on their reaction to this sighting.  I really wrestled with guilt that I may have caused an innocent man to be questioned.  But I know I could not live with myself if I had not done something.  In retrospect I wish I would have crouched down to the girl's level and quietly spoken with her for a few minutes to make sure she was safe and not in need of help.  I always believed I would do the appropriate thing in this situation but sadly in the emotion of the moment I did not.

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1536 on: March 11, 2009, 12:05:27 PM »

OK, supposedly cousin Joe borrowed the van from Misty's SIL. 

#1. How did Joe get from TN to FL.....did he not have a vehicle to travel in??

#2. What then was the reason for using the SIL'S van??

#3.  What time did he borrow the van, and what time was it returned??

#4. Was he alone when he borrowed the van, or was someone else with him??

#5.  If someone else travelled with him from TN, where did this person go when Joe took the van, if this person stayed behind??

#6. What was the explanation for the damage to the van??

#7.  Of course, I am still on the blanket topic.

Maybe some of these have already been answered, but these are just things that are questionable.
Those are all great questions, I don't know, but I'm stuck on the blankets, myself. It just seemed so odd to go on and on about blankets.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1537 on: March 11, 2009, 12:09:14 PM »

Faith I can imagine your feelings over this, but you certainly did the right thing. It is good to know that LE is taking sightings seriously, with no time wasted at all . Take care.
Sieko
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1538 on: March 11, 2009, 12:09:55 PM »

As soon as I can see more than 10 feet in front of me right now.  Your view is so much nicer.
There is a street behind that tree some where Just took this.

Ahhh, the Great White North.
alagary
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1539 on: March 11, 2009, 12:16:06 PM »

Good morning monkeys.  I know I have not posted here much lately.  Been busy with work and life though I do read here daily on my phone which is not conducive to posting. 

About two weeks ago on a Sunday morning I went to our local Wal Mart in Oklahoma and thought I saw Haleigh.  The store was pretty empty because the majority are in church Sunday morning in this town so only a few other shoppers were there besides me.  I was on an aisle by myself when a man briskly turned and walked past me.  I got a very uneasy feeling from him and felt anger or negativity in his manner.  As silly as it sounds I was scared and wanted as far away from him as possible.  As I turned the corner he began yelling a little girl's name (which I won't mention to protect her, but he did not use the name Haleigh).  A girl who could be Haleigh's twin ran breathlessly from another aisle with a look of fear on her face and was confused about which aisle he was calling her from.  She faced me and I did something so stupid.  I pointed to the direction of the man and said he's over there honey.  I was scared for her and didn't want her to get in trouble because his calls for her were becoming louder and more irritated.  The fact that he called her by a name other than Haleigh assured me for a few hours it wasn't her.

Needless to say the encounter haunted me and I could not get it out of my head it could have been her.  Yet I did not want to falsely report a sighting and use valuable resources on a dead end or get an innocent person in trouble.  I decided to call the store's surveillance department and see if they could pull the video up of the little girl.  I had saved my receipt so I had an exact time I was in the store and with that and the description of the pair I hoped they could find it.  The surveillance person called me back within 20 minutes and agreed the little girl on the video looked like Haleigh.  She got my information and a few minutes later I got a call from the store's manager.  He had reviewed the tape as well and felt there was signifigant reason to notify the authorities.

I was first interviewed by our local P.D. who contacted the FBI and they reviewed the surveillance tapes as well.  They were convinced enough by the girl's appearance to track down the man from his store receipt/purchase and located his residence.  The FBI did a home visit and questioned the man and the little girl at length.  The agent who called me said although a very close match the little girl was not Haleigh.

So after this harrowing experience I wanted to say that Law Enforcement and the FBI are doing everything they can to find Haleigh based on their reaction to this sighting.  I really wrestled with guilt that I may have caused an innocent man to be questioned.  But I know I could not live with myself if I had not done something.  In retrospect I wish I would have crouched down to the girl's level and quietly spoken with her for a few minutes to make sure she was safe and not in need of help.  I always believed I would do the appropriate thing in this situation but sadly in the emotion of the moment I did not.

Always follow your gut feeling faith . I cant find a link but a kidnapping here in alabama was solve by a woman that had a bad feeling about a child she saw in a convenience store and kept nagging the police .
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.