April 25, 2024, 12:34:15 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Haleigh Cummings #5 3/08/09 - 3/11/09  (Read 299251 times)
minnie
Scared Monkey

Jubilee

« Reply #1760 on: March 11, 2009, 05:50:02 PM »

I did not know that the missing SO had used Ron's address or had lived there before.  I think this is huge if I am understanding it correctly.  He could have come back to the house and told them he used to live there and been all friendly etc.  Seen Haleigh and come back for her.

I think many times the perp is someone who has been in the home visiting.

That is scary and I hope that LE is pursuing it.  OMG that could be a break if they find him.

MM
Sieko
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1761 on: March 11, 2009, 05:52:34 PM »

I did not know that the missing SO had used Ron's address or had lived there before.  I think this is huge if I am understanding it correctly.  He could have come back to the house and told them he used to live there and been all friendly etc.  Seen Haleigh and come back for her.

That is scary and I hope that LE is pursuing it.  OMG that could be a break if they find him.
It was a different RSO that lived in that home previously, not the missing one.
minnie
Scared Monkey

Jubilee

« Reply #1762 on: March 11, 2009, 05:53:46 PM »

Thanks for the clarification.  Could it still be the one that lived there?  Do we know anything about him?

MM
higherhopes
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1763 on: March 11, 2009, 05:54:43 PM »

I  know it was established at the beginning of this case about this SO that use to love in the home and I think it was brought to the attention of LE, so Im sure they did check him out, and if he did ever come around again I hope even Mistie would be smart enough to tell LE about it!

I don't know, I was at work....I don't know, I was sleeping........Where is Haleigh???????
TxLady2
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1764 on: March 11, 2009, 05:56:00 PM »

Does anyone know if they took the cadaver dogs into the trailer?  If Ron had come home and killed Haleigh accidently in a fit of rage, the dogs would have hit on it.  I just do not think this happened.

I dont know KTcat.. I thought the dogs could only smell decomp.. a newly dead person wouldnt give off decomp that soon .. would they? anyone know?

No. They wouldn't. It would take several hours for that decomp smell to appear, even to a cadaver dog. From following the SP case, I remember them saying that a dead body still gives off a live scent for several hours.

Be who you are and say what you think; because those that matter won't mind.. and those that mind, don't matter.
minnie
Scared Monkey

Jubilee

« Reply #1765 on: March 11, 2009, 05:56:12 PM »

I  know it was established at the beginning of this case about this SO that use to love in the home and I think it was brought to the attention of LE, so Im sure they did check him out, and if he did ever come around again I hope even Mistie would be smart enough to tell LE about it!

What is the name of the missing SO?  Does anyone recall?

MM
minnie
Scared Monkey

Jubilee

« Reply #1766 on: March 11, 2009, 05:58:03 PM »

What is the name of the missing SO?  Does anyone recall?

Never mind, I found it.  It is Chad Eugene Reynolds.

MM
lilymarie
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1767 on: March 11, 2009, 06:02:36 PM »

Also, haven't they said that several people saw Haleigh up to 5 or 6:00? I think they are mostly connected to Ron's side of the family but I think that there are: A/C repair guy, Misty's brother, 2 of Misty's nephews, gma and ggma (or maybe just ggma?)?

From what I understand, Ron was already gone for work when Haleigh was last seen. This leaves Misty the only known adult with the kids from 6-3 or so. In order for JR not to have seen something happen to Haleigh he would have had to be sleeping - in my opinion. So that leaves a window of 8:30 - 3 or so? That is not very much time to put together the perfect crime, in my opinion. A crime that means Haleigh was harmed, and her body disposed of with NO EVIDENCE. Plus, what motive would Misty have being a caretaker to Haleigh with all of the obvious loving family support? It just doesn't add up.

totally agree... and don't ya'll think the police and FBI know this too?

taking that all into consideration there are only so many possibilities remaining.

1. vaporization or de-materialization - nada. doesn't happen.

2. Misty has conned everyone and is even more diabolical than Casey Anthony. Jury is still out and I'm not leaning this way at all.

3. Unknown predator - most likely in my opinion.

+++

something has happened to Haleigh - but what?

The fact that the police and FBI have not said lock your doors, button down the hatches, close the chimney flue, and don't let the kids outta yer sight!! - does not mean that there is NOT a predator running around.

To avoid panic the police may not say those very things. At this point no one knows what happened to Haleigh other than Haleigh herself and the person responsible for whatever it is that has actually occurred.

yep, yep, yep. Except now you got me thinkin' about #1. lol

I guess I have a problem with motive when it comes to Ron & Misty. I just don't see it. If Ron's family thought there was any problem with Misty they would have turned on her by now. I don't see any motive? I don't see someone close to her harming her in her sleep. I don't see these folks having the resources to completely erase any and all evidence in a short amount of time. I might be more inclined to be suspicious if Ron was there but he wasn't.

I don't like some of their decisions about tattoos, engagement/marriage, etc. But who knows how we might all look for ways to ease our pain under these circumstances?

I am replying to the part of your post that I put in RED.  Well, it all depends.  Let's see now...there are donations coming in to HELP THIS FAMILY...I would think that would be for food and everyday necessities, and let's not forget there are two families involved here, which should it should be divided equally among both. 

There is a family man, that has not worked now for one month.  I am sure there are some payments to be met.  Unless there was a large amount of money saved, one would think that the donated money would be put to good use.

Have sympathy, yes, for sure.  But, when you have other's that are sharing their hard earned money to feed these people, I do FIND IT VERY HARD TO ACCEPT some of the money being spent, even if it was from a donor.
Yes, I would think that if you are making donations, you would expect it to go for important things like food, clothing, rent. Most people are happy to help others, but would probably like their money going for decent things, not things that are not necessary.

I agree that donor money should go toward necessities. I have also heard that someone paid for the tattoo specifically to the tattoo parlor for Ron's tattoo. Its not my job to tell the donor of that money where it should go. Also, Misty's ring was handed down from Ron's family. So what has donor money been spent on that it shouldn't be spent on? Just curious?

What's so funny about Peace, Love & Understanding?
eyecanCOOK
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1768 on: March 11, 2009, 06:06:25 PM »

"That is true.  I was primarily thinking of the theory someone posted about Ron coming home in a rage and taking it out on Haleigh.  I think that would be kind of hard to hide."
That was me. I am sure LE has most of these ppl in their sights and are considering all possibilites. They have the evidence or lack of it and I am sure that they can do their job.
We will have to just sit and wait I guess.
I think one of the reasons for so much speculation is that LE has been so tight lipped.
I have been surprised in the past and if this is ever solved, we might all be taken aback.
Where did I read or hear that LE was moving from a search to an investigation.
I hope they go over every bit of info from the moment the first call was made.
There have been cases here defined as " cold cases" which are never solved or where the evidence is so slim arrests have never been made. It happens and I am not going to do the opinion thing any more as I get into too much trouble and then I get angry at myself.
Children can and have been taken from their beds at night by strangers. It is a frightening thought, isn't it ?   

TY for the info on this RSO and the fact that is was discussed. I was getting ready to email AMW.

The sickening thing to me is that this child is gone.  The dogs can hit on a body in the water, and in the ground and this hasn't happened.  This makes me think she is not anywhere around there. 

I hear you on that, Minnie. It is sickening.

I can't help but think of Caylee, bless her dear little heart. They had searched and searched for months; IIRC, there was searching when the area was under water; There was searching when the area was not under water. (per Kronk the meter reader and the Deputy who came in response to the 911 Kronk call/s) And she was right there down the road. (I don't know if they've determined that she was there the whole time.) So sad. I burst into tears every time Nancy grace plays, "Gone Too Soon."

**sigh**

I do too.  Tears right now.  Such a beautiful child.  And when I hear NG say the last thing she saw was her mother.  OMG I just die.

And another thing I don't care how much I love my sons if I thought they did something to one of my grandchildren I would never claim them as my child again.
how this happened leaves me speechless...my sons are a blessing from God....I went through hell to have them and they are truly exceptional humam beings but hey I am just their Mom

Kindness is a word the deaf and dumb can understand. No ciggies for one year....ok on to year two
sistamarge
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1769 on: March 11, 2009, 06:08:20 PM »

Just a quick question about the amount of leads in this case.  I just looked at a news article on CA and as of 10/28/08 they had approx 1800 leads.  About half of those were from physics.  I know every case is different, but I'm amazed at over 2000 leads in Haleigh's case, in such a short amount of time!  Is it just me, or does anyone else find that unusal?
Searching
Monkey Junky

Got my Anti Anthony Koolaid helmet on ,I'm ready!

« Reply #1770 on: March 11, 2009, 06:11:18 PM »

Also, haven't they said that several people saw Haleigh up to 5 or 6:00? I think they are mostly connected to Ron's side of the family but I think that there are: A/C repair guy, Misty's brother, 2 of Misty's nephews, gma and ggma (or maybe just ggma?)?

From what I understand, Ron was already gone for work when Haleigh was last seen. This leaves Misty the only known adult with the kids from 6-3 or so. In order for JR not to have seen something happen to Haleigh he would have had to be sleeping - in my opinion. So that leaves a window of 8:30 - 3 or so? That is not very much time to put together the perfect crime, in my opinion. A crime that means Haleigh was harmed, and her body disposed of with NO EVIDENCE. Plus, what motive would Misty have being a caretaker to Haleigh with all of the obvious loving family support? It just doesn't add up.

taking that all into consideration there are only so many possibilities remaining.

2. Misty has conned everyone and is even more diabolical than Casey Anthony. Jury is still out and I'm not leaning this way at all.

+++

The fact that the police and FBI have not said lock your doors, button down the hatches, close the chimney flue, and don't let the kids outta yer sight!! - does not mean that there is NOT a predator running around.

To avoid panic the police may not say those very things. At this point no one knows what happened to Haleigh other than Haleigh herself and the person responsible for whatever it is that has actually occurred.

Or maybe 4.) Family member meaning no harm to her but taking her for reasons known to them (reason for the possibility of  nebulizer going with her)

Hi Rob Smile

rana
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1771 on: March 11, 2009, 06:19:52 PM »

Again with respect, how do we know she did not lie? I feel the drowning incident was not true,or embellished at least,because as a mother,had my child drowned,there would be a full force of paramedics on scene,yet none were called? no records of this drowning Crystal claims happened? How do we know she did not lie? How do we know RC did?
(snipped to keep post from building up)

searching, I dont know who did or did not lie about exactly what happened, but I did hear even Rons mother talk about this incident, so it did happen, just dont know who told the right story about what led up to it!!

She didn't drown, she could have if Crystal had not found her in time. Maybe she had only been in the water for a minute or so, thus she would not have needed paramedics. It might have only taken a couple of breaths to get her to cough up any water she took in, she saw she was okay, no need to call 911. My stepdaughter went in over her head in our pond when she was about 6, and her dad swam to her and grabbed her out, she was choking and coughing, but a few more minutes, she might have drowned. We never called 911.... no need to. I believe Crystal, because I know that some people just don't feel the need to call emergency personnel if it is obvious that the situation was averted, and no longer life-threatening. She got Haleigh breathing again, obviously, so why call 911 after the fact?!

All this made me think of the tragedy of dry drowning and the word is not out there like I wish it were. In other words, I wish it were common knowledge.. like I don't know... like using seatbelts or..... not giving aspirin to kids, etc (Oprah had a special including dry drowinng, but many folks are still a not familiar with it)

PLEASE, please read this and pass it on. (Sorry if this should go in musings or somewhere; but we were talking about Haleigh's near drowning, so I ran with it and squeezed it in.)

Also, for #5 listed below, I want to that some kids become incontinent. IOW, if your child rarely has "accidents" and then does.... after having been swimming, that is a flag. I'd even go as far as to say anything vastly DIFFERENT from the norm for your child is a heads-up IMO. Better safe than sorry.

LINK "'Dry Drowning' Death Draws Attention
 "

http://children.webmd.com/news/20080605/sc-dry-drowning-death-draws-attention

The thing is that is can happen without any apparent distress in the child  in the pool at the time. The life-saving statregies include looking for the symptoms after the swimming... the child may even be home; he/she may not have even had an outstanding "incident" at the pool.

Seek Emergency Care If You Suspect Dry Drowning

1.) What is dry drowning?

Dry drowning is basically drowning without water. With dry drowning, you are not drowning from an immediate immersion in water; it is more of a delayed effect of a small amount of water in the lungs. This can result in laryngospasms, which minimize the amount of water aspirated into the lungs. Respiratory arrest may follow, leading to an inadequate supply of oxygen in the blood, cardiac arrest, and eventually brain death.

Several other mechanisms can cause dry drowning, including acute respiratory distress syndrome (ARDS), which is an acute, severe injury to most or all of both lungs or electrolyte abnormalities resulting from a dilution of the blood after aspirated water is absorbed into the blood, leading to heart rhythm abnormalities.

2.) How long after an incident is there a risk for dry drowning?

Dry drowning usually occurs between one hour and 24 hours after an incident. A person can have a drowning incident, be pulled out of the water, be OK, and then sometime within the next 24 hours, they can dry drown.

3.) Are there any risk factors for dry drowning?

Yes, there are risk factors and situations in which dry drowning may be more likely, such as if the child is not a good swimmer or a first-time swimmer. Children and adults with underlying lung problems such as asthma may also be at increased risk for dry drowning. To prevent an incident, use common sense and never let inexperienced swimmers in the pool without a lot of supervision.

4.) Is dry drowning rare?

Drowning is a huge problem. About 4,000 people drown each year and 1,400 of these are children. The CDC has no statistics on the number of dry drowning deaths.

5.) Are there any red flags that suggest a person is at risk for dry drowning?

Yes, there are some signs that a person may have a dry-drowning episode. They include

persistent coughing

shortness of breath

chest pain

a change in mental status/confusion/extreme personality change

lethargy (over-tired, unusual desire to sleep)

(sidenote: I'm adding abnormal incontinence here too)

All of those things are signals that something could be wrong. If someone comes out of the water and coughs for a minute, then calms down -- that is much different than if the child keeps coughing or complaining of pain. Like the child involved in the incident in South Carolina, a change in mental status and/or lethargy may also indicate that something is wrong.

6.) What should you do if you think a child is at risk?

This is not something that can be handled by a parent. Call a doctor or bring the child to an emergency room if there are signs of dry drowning following a near-drowning incident.

7.)Can dry drowning be treated?

Yes. If it is caught early, dry drowning can be treated. The treatment involves supplying oxygen to the lungs and getting the breathing process restarted."

Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1772 on: March 11, 2009, 06:22:09 PM »

+++

Or maybe 4.) Family member meaning no harm to her but taking her for reasons known to them (reason for the possibility of  nebulizer going with her)

Hi Rob Smile

Hi Searching... I kinda thought of that one too... but what would a family member be taking her for between 10pm and 3 am?

Truth, Justice and the American Way.

+++

~ livin' the life I was born to live - givin' it all I've got to give ~
lilymarie
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1773 on: March 11, 2009, 06:27:17 PM »

+++

Hi Rob Smile

Hi Searching... I kinda thought of that one too... but what would a family member be taking her for between 10pm and 3 am?

And where is she now?

Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1774 on: March 11, 2009, 06:29:06 PM »

T J Hart reporting now that some strange man seen at the Cummings trailer home.  Reported that the stranger pretended to be a relative.

Heart
lilymarie
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1775 on: March 11, 2009, 06:31:08 PM »

T J Hart reporting now that some strange man seen at the Cummings trailer home.  Reported that the stranger pretended to be a relative.

Yea. I just saw that. Weird. I caught the end of it - did they say he was contacting realtors in order to look at property near there too?

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1776 on: March 11, 2009, 06:31:29 PM »

well well well....I step out of the cage for a few hours and what do I see? A wonderful positive, respectful informative discussion going on for the most part...! good job Monkey Moos....

Minnie...thrilled that you are back...
Searching...your posts rock so no need to step back...more to step forward with sensible posts like yours! jmo of course...

what does an abuser look like? hmmm....well, some that I have known in my lifetime are bankers, CEO s , janitors, all nice friendly guys...willing to help others with anything, give people the shirt off their backs...but nobody knows what goes on behind closed doors...And the women who are abused, not all of them are beat down victims in the public eye...the CEO s wife had a smiley pearly white smile, the nicest clothes, went to lunch with friends, had a great old time...time the night time, after hubby had a few brewskies...Oh yes, did I mention that she had plenty of money to buy the finest makeup to hide the bruises and the swollen lips?
so, an abuser of any sort does not have a sign on their back and none of us should be fooled into thinking that they are obvious in my opinion...just like child molesters...no sign on their backs either...
anyway, we are at least getting somewhere on this case it seems with a good discussion...some good facts...carry on Monkey Moos...

did anyone guess that I used to be a cheerleader? 

oh, one more thing, Crystal is the first to lawyer up...any thoughts on that one? Who is paying for her lawyer? she doesn't work and her fiancee, Chad has been off of work since Haleigh went missing as far as we know, same as Ron has been...where are they getting their money? they still have bills to pay as well.......did Geraldo come across with a little cash? shouldn't Crystal share that with Ron? Haleigh is after daughter to both of them...

starcat29
Scared Monkey

my little angel in heaven watching over all of us

« Reply #1777 on: March 11, 2009, 06:32:44 PM »

Hello to all.Can anyone tell me whats going on with the mysterious stranger. It was mentioned on HLN that a man was trying to pass himself off as a relative to get into the trailor. The landlord or somebody called Teresa N. The man told her if she wanted to help Haleigh she should let him in. Teresa called LE. Thats where the show left it hangin. I think this is very curious.
Searching
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1778 on: March 11, 2009, 06:33:07 PM »

+++

Hi Rob Smile

opportunity, knew RC would be gone, knew the house normal routine... what better time to abduct a child? I am just throwing it out there. Maybe a family member felt they could do better for her or was worried for her for some reason... never know.. family abductions are not unheard of. The missing item some speculate to be the nebulizer leads me to think they meant no harm to her...

Searching
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1779 on: March 11, 2009, 06:34:54 PM »

Hello to all.Can anyone tell me whats going on with the mysterious stranger. It was mentioned on HLN that a man was trying to pass himself off as a relative to get into the trailor. The landlord or somebody called Teresa N. The man told her if she wanted to help Haleigh she should let him in. Teresa called LE. Thats where the show left it hangin. I think this is very curious.

anyone know where murt is?   

sorry...
probably a psychic.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.