March 28, 2024, 11:11:51 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Haleigh Cummings #5 3/08/09 - 3/11/09  (Read 298254 times)
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #200 on: March 09, 2009, 12:36:45 PM »

Maybe there is no significance to the doorknob, deadbolt in the position that they are in, but both could be reached by a child of five.
Sieko
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #201 on: March 09, 2009, 12:37:45 PM »

luckyday, I thought I saw Ron say somewhere that Haleigh couldn't reach the deadbolt but haven't been able to find it.  Do you know where I could find the interview/article that states that.  I also thought I had read somewhere that Ron had put in a new deadbolt, but can't find that either.    Not sure why he would lie about that, if he did.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #202 on: March 09, 2009, 12:39:24 PM »

I am now starting to think that IF Ron is completely innocent in this, Misty had company when Ron was at work. They got drunk/stoned/drugged and she passed out. The person took HL - thus; no forced entry. The person was already in the house.
Yes, and then Misty panicked and staged the doors, could very well be.
luckyday
Scared Monkey

« Reply #203 on: March 09, 2009, 12:40:23 PM »

Re: Haleigh Cummings 5 yrs old missing in Satsuma, Florida last seen 2/9/09 #5
« Reply #198 on: Today at 11:35:28 AM » Quote 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
how do you know that he lied????
Maybe the kids couldn't reach the lock...maybe they couldn't open the lock...hard to turn etc...maybe he was blubbering in grief....could be a million things but does not mean that he lied..
why did Crystal say that Ron had told Chad about the 75% knowing where Haleigh was? was that also a lie on Crystals part or a simple misunderstanding...?
I know he lied about the dead bolt because he made a big deal about stressing that the lock was way up high on the door and there was "no way" either kids could have opened/unlocked it. The dead bolt is 3 feet high (as per NG producer) which is the same heighth as HL.

Ron may or may not have said that. In fact, it was stated he told two people. So, that comment is subjective because it cannot be proved. It is heresay. But his statement about the door is all over the media.

Mark Twain:
Always tell the truth. That way, you don't have to remember what you said.
fatcatlurker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #204 on: March 09, 2009, 12:40:40 PM »

gold ring on necklace in this pic, could be family ring, it seems like a simple gold band but maybe grandfathers or some other sentimental value to Ron?

notice in the photo that Ron's right hand is "scraped up" here as well...may be something to do with his job/work?

No cookie this pic goes with the one of Ron w/the bruises on his face, we speculated a car/motorcycle/atv accident  I really wish there was a date on the pic because I bet it ties up with his charges of leaving the scene of an accident with injuries involved.

I was just trying to point out that he looks to have had the gold ring prior to Misty.  Haleigh looks to me to be about 3 in this pic or atleast younger to me.
lilymarie
Scared Monkey

« Reply #205 on: March 09, 2009, 12:40:42 PM »

IMO - Since not one member of either side of the family thinks there is any way that Haleigh would go by herself and open the back door at night - I think that maybe we're reading too much into how high the deadbolt was on the back door. Ron probably just imagined it in his head - and since he knows in his heart that she didn't open the door by herself - he dismissed it as an impossibility. And I think we can all agree that the possibility that she propped the screen door open with a cinderblock in the middle of the night - a little girl afraid of the dark - sleeping with the adults - I don't know I just don't see it... This is my opinion only with all respect to the thoughts of others...this baby didn't wander off...she didn't go searching for anybody...she was taken. An adult opened and propped open these doors.

What's so funny about Peace, Love & Understanding?
higherhopes
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #206 on: March 09, 2009, 12:40:50 PM »

I think that that door was left unlocked simply because someone forgot to relock it, regardless of where they were and why they had went out of it, it was left unlocked   I live in the country here in Florida too, in a small town in the woods and I have went to bed once or twice and left my door unlocked and thought nothing of it, this is just how it is in a small town such as this, we never think or suspect there;s some nasty person stalking around out side waiting to come inside and snatch a child, in my opnion it wasnt even a stranger but someone that knew that child was there....

I don't know, I was at work....I don't know, I was sleeping........Where is Haleigh???????
minnie
Scared Monkey

Jubilee

« Reply #207 on: March 09, 2009, 12:42:30 PM »

gold ring on necklace in this pic, could be family ring, it seems like a simple gold band but maybe grandfathers or some other sentimental value to Ron?

You can also see one on his left hand if you look closely.

MM
luckyday
Scared Monkey

« Reply #208 on: March 09, 2009, 12:43:08 PM »

While searching for the comment about the door, I found this:

http://www.eyesforlies.blogspot.com/2009/02/ronald-cummings-misty-croslin-and.html

Still looking, but I remember it was in an interview.

Mark Twain:
GramaMonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #209 on: March 09, 2009, 12:43:21 PM »

Something else has been buggin me, about the comments that Misty put on Amber's My Space page.

Sounds to me that she BROKE UP AMBER & Ron's relationship.  Maybe she told Ron lie's about Amber.  I mean, if RON actually loved Misty, there would be no guess as to why he and Amber broke up....and then Misty stepped in.

But..have not heard anything to that effect..and it is pretty childish for Misty to write those comments...almost, as if...GUESS WHO WON!!!!  Sounds as a ...I will get him kinda thing. As if she seen something there, that she did not have, and in order to get it, she maybe brought problems between Ron and Amber.

Wonder how long it had been after he and Amber broke up, that Misty entered the picture. Also, the comment about having his baby!!!! 

lilymarie
Scared Monkey

« Reply #210 on: March 09, 2009, 12:44:41 PM »

luckyday, I thought I saw Ron say somewhere that Haleigh couldn't reach the deadbolt but haven't been able to find it.  Do you know where I could find the interview/article that states that.  I also thought I had read somewhere that Ron had put in a new deadbolt, but can't find that either.    Not sure why he would lie about that, if he did.
Could it just not be that he was "mistaken" and didn't lie? He doesn't believe at all that Haleigh opened the door - and mistakenly believed that it was too high for her? He wasn't standing there looking at it-the door was used rarely. He was trying to picture it in his head and that's what he thought. I'm just sayin'....

fatcatlurker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #211 on: March 09, 2009, 12:45:16 PM »

I also see a ring on his left ring finger in this picture.

Just sayin.

Cropped the image and added it to the post so people know what I am talking about. LOL

Good job thank you Brandi!  I missed the one on his hand.  Haleigh seems younger in this pic to me, wish it had a date.
fatcatlurker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #212 on: March 09, 2009, 12:48:37 PM »

Could it just not be that he was "mistaken" and didn't lie? He doesn't believe at all that Haleigh opened the door - and mistakenly believed that it was too high for her? He wasn't standing there looking at it-the door was used rarely. He was trying to picture it in his head and that's what he thought. I'm just sayin'....

link about lock from former owner.  Former tenant put lock on.

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/local/news-article.aspx?storyid=131566&catid=3

He was also so concerned about the back door not being secure, he and a friend installed a sliding lock.

"My son was a short 9," Smallwood tells us, "and we put the latch up too high for him to reach."

But when asked if the door could be opened even with the latched locked he said, "A man could [open it]."

Sieko
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #213 on: March 09, 2009, 12:50:12 PM »

I really can't be sure if I heard/read him say it at all, or if I just read it on a message board.  That's why I was hoping for a link.
Sieko
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #214 on: March 09, 2009, 12:53:58 PM »

link about lock from former owner.  Former tenant put lock on.

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/local/news-article.aspx?storyid=131566&catid=3

He was also so concerned about the back door not being secure, he and a friend installed a sliding lock.

"My son was a short 9," Smallwood tells us, "and we put the latch up too high for him to reach."

But when asked if the door could be opened even with the latched locked he said, "A man could [open it]."

This man lived there almost 10 years ago.  There is a good chance the lock(s), and even possibly the door, have been replaced since.
minnie
Scared Monkey

Jubilee

« Reply #215 on: March 09, 2009, 12:55:55 PM »

how do you know that he lied????
Maybe the kids couldn't reach the lock...maybe they couldn't open the lock...hard to turn etc...maybe he was blubbering in grief....could be a million things but does not mean that he lied..
why did Crystal say that Ron had told Chad about the 75% knowing where Haleigh was? was that also a lie on Crystals part or a simple misunderstanding...?

I also heard Crystal say that the little brother told her a  black man, dressed in black, got sissy.  I heard that myself in the interview but I have never heard that mentioned again either.

MM
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #216 on: March 09, 2009, 12:56:09 PM »

VAN SUSTEREN: What kind of lock is on that back door? Is it a deadbolt? Do you need a key, or is there a know on the inside? How do you work that back door lock?

CUMMINGS: There is a lock on the knob on the inside, and it has a deadbolt also. The deadbolt is very hard to get unlocked once you get it locked. You have to push in hard on the door, and a child would never get that unlocked.

VAN SUSTEREN: Misty--go ahead. I'm sorry, Ronald.

CUMMINGS: I do keep it locked. I do check it every afternoon before I leave for work. It is always locked, always.

VAN SUSTEREN: Misty, do you ever use that doo yourself, go in and out that door?

CROSLIN: I mean, once in awhile I will take the garbage out through the back door, or leave through the back door and take a vacuum and vacuum the car out. But that is the only time we use the back door.
<snipped from> http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,492185,00.html

fatcatlurker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #217 on: March 09, 2009, 12:56:48 PM »

I really can't be sure if I heard/read him say it at all, or if I just read it on a message board.  That's why I was hoping for a link.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,492185,00.html

I hope this one helps;

VAN SUSTEREN: What kind of lock is on that back door? Is it a deadbolt? Do you need a key, or is there a know on the inside? How do you work that back door lock?

CUMMINGS: There is a lock on the knob on the inside, and it has a deadbolt also. The deadbolt is very hard to get unlocked once you get it locked. You have to push in hard on the door, and a child would never get that unlocked.

VAN SUSTEREN: Misty--go ahead. I'm sorry, Ronald.

CUMMINGS: I do keep it locked. I do check it every afternoon before I leave for work. It is always locked, always.

VAN SUSTEREN: Misty, do you ever use that doo yourself, go in and out that door?

CROSLIN: I mean, once in awhile I will take the garbage out through the back door, or leave through the back door and take a vacuum and vacuum the car out. But that is the only time we use the back door.

VAN SUSTEREN: Misty, did anyone come over to the house that evening while Ronald was at work? Any friends come over?

CROSLIN: No. My older brother had come over with my nephews, and the AC guy.

VAN SUSTEREN: What time did they leave?

CROSLIN: They got there about 5:00. And they stayed for about 30 minutes until about 5:30, 5:45.

VAN SUSTEREN: Ronald, I understand that there does not appear to be any forced entry into the home in that back door. So how do you think it got open?

CUMMINGS: I honestly don't have any clue. I don't have any clue. Somebody, maybe a locksmith, picklock artist, I do not know. But it was definitely locked, and somebody came in through it. So I cannot explain it.

VAN SUSTEREN: Misty, let me ask you this same question. Misty, how do you think that door got open?

CROSLIN: Someone had either picked the lock, they would have had to pick the lock. That is the only way that anybody could have gotten in our back door is if they picked the lock.

VAN SUSTEREN: In terms of where you were sleeping, Misty, and Haleigh was sleeping, who was closer to the back door?

CROSLIN: Haleigh would have probably been closer to the back door. She was on the side of the wall closest to the kitchen.

I'll keep looking because there was alot said about the lock in a few interviews IIRC.
luckyday
Scared Monkey

« Reply #218 on: March 09, 2009, 12:56:57 PM »

http://www.mahalo.com/answers/current-events/what-time-did-ronald-cummings-leave-for-work-on-monday-february-9th-he-insists-the-deadbolt-was-locked-how

This is very interesting, many clips/videos - on the HLN video, Mike Brooks is talking about the door locks and how Ron said they were up high.

Mark Twain:
lilymarie
Scared Monkey

« Reply #219 on: March 09, 2009, 12:59:45 PM »

My thoughts:

1) Ron works in a job that is going to bang up his limbs. I'm sure OSHA forbids wearing jewelry while on the job. He didn't have access to his jewelry until the house was released. Reading too much into the rings, etc.
2) The deadbolt is about 3 feet high - true. Ron stated Haleigh couldn't reach it. I believe he just doesn't think there is any way Haleigh would go out by herself and just pictured in his mind that it was too high for her.
3) There would be evidence if someone else was in the house partying with Misty. In the trash there would be drinks/cans. In the sink there would be glasses used. There would be cigarette butts with dna on them. Nobody saw anybody there. There has been nothing from LE about anybody else being there.
4) These are young people. They have relationship drama. It's normal it happens. They're not 35 year old people that are established in their lives.
5) There is no information - I REPEAT - NONE - that would indicate there were drugs in the house that night.
6) Any rumor about the kids not wanting to go back to Ron's - well they're coming from Crystal's side of the family. How many times have you heard these things when there are custody struggles/issues? Almost always.
7) There is nothing anywhere that shows that Misty was anywhere other than home that night. By all accounts from family - she was there. All of the other stuff on the i'net has been perpetuated by rumors that have grown out of proportion.
Cool How did the rumor about Misty being pregnant get started? Because someone thought she looked ill in a screen shot? Seriously? I think this is just plain wrong.

I'm sorry, but I think if these rumors continue to go unchecked they become assumptions by everyone trying to sift through the facts and help figure out what happened. These nasty rumors about them will be available to anybody for the rest of the young people's lives. What happens when they turn up innocent of any wrongdoing? What responsbility do we have in trashing their reputations? What is our intent here...is it to help find Haleigh?

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.