April 25, 2024, 06:30:18 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Haleigh Cummings #5 3/08/09 - 3/11/09  (Read 299224 times)
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #320 on: March 09, 2009, 03:45:30 PM »

The question from the 911 dispatcher was "when was the LAST time you saw her?"

So Misty said it was 10:00. She said "WE" were sleeping, "I" was cleaning.

IN MY OPINION - she was trying to say she last saw the kids at 10:00 as she was picking up/cleaning the house and that the kids were asleep.

That was the 911 call - In later interviews I think she has stated that she put them to bed at 8:00 and that she went to bed around 10:00 after working on laundry
I would imagine if she were doing laundry, she might have said, "The kids were asleep and I was doing laundry till 10 PM, and then I went to bed. That is the last time I saw HL."

For me - I can only imagine how jumbled my words would be if I woke up to find a baby I was caring for missing. I certainly would not have had my words as well thought out as I would want them to be.

and if her words/thoughts were that regimented and thought out, then some would say that it was planned and sounding too rehearsed...right?

SuzieQ
Monkey Junky

Justice for Natalee

« Reply #321 on: March 09, 2009, 03:46:07 PM »

I am an old woman and I may get banned for what I am about to say. If so....so be it. This is a forum for Haleigh Cummings. Every Monkey has a right to their opinion. Police are not releasing any info. and no one knows anything concrete on what the police have. IMHO...there is nothing to do but speculate. All any of us have.... has been on the videos of interviews. Somebody somewhere in these 2 families is lying. Plain and simple.

All this sniping at each other seems very childish to me and is disrespectful of Haleigh. All that matters is that Little Haleigh is found.

So carry on. This old Monkey is very sad at some of the actions in this forum.

From another old monkey. I think this should be the quote of the day!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 4 1
lilymarie
Scared Monkey

« Reply #322 on: March 09, 2009, 03:48:40 PM »

The question from the 911 dispatcher was "when was the LAST time you saw her?"

So Misty said it was 10:00. She said "WE" were sleeping, "I" was cleaning.

IN MY OPINION - she was trying to say she last saw the kids at 10:00 as she was picking up/cleaning the house and that the kids were asleep.

That was the 911 call - In later interviews I think she has stated that she put them to bed at 8:00 and that she went to bed around 10:00 after working on laundry
I would imagine if she were doing laundry, she might have said, "The kids were asleep and I was doing laundry till 10 PM, and then I went to bed. That is the last time I saw HL."

For me - I can only imagine how jumbled my words would be if I woke up to find a baby I was caring for missing. I certainly would not have had my words as well thought out as I would want them to be.

and if her words/thoughts were that regimented and thought out, then some would say that it was planned and sounding too rehearsed...right?

Honestly - they can't win at this point. What's that saying? Damn'd if they do...damn'd if they don't. Some have already made up their minds and will take any information, rumor or whatever and make it fit into what they already believe. IMO.

What's so funny about Peace, Love & Understanding?
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #323 on: March 09, 2009, 03:49:19 PM »

Agreed Wyks but it doesn't always happen as you know...

That's true cookie!  I think those of us who are familiar with each other's writing styles understand when one of us says something and forgets to include IMO, that it still is their opinion.  We've gotten used to each other here and in other threads.  A new monkey coming in may not realize that tho, and misunderstandings are becoming more and more frequent.  Just trying to head those misunderstandings off at the pass so things don't get ugly in here.   

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #324 on: March 09, 2009, 03:49:51 PM »

I'm sure some smart monkey will get the link, but Ron and Misty are getting married, and Misty has been showing her ring.  It's over at WS in the basement.
lilymarie
Scared Monkey

« Reply #325 on: March 09, 2009, 03:51:39 PM »

I am an old woman and I may get banned for what I am about to say. If so....so be it. This is a forum for Haleigh Cummings. Every Monkey has a right to their opinion. Police are not releasing any info. and no one knows anything concrete on what the police have. IMHO...there is nothing to do but speculate. All any of us have.... has been on the videos of interviews. Somebody somewhere in these 2 families is lying. Plain and simple.

All this sniping at each other seems very childish to me and is disrespectful of Haleigh. All that matters is that Little Haleigh is found.

From another old monkey. I think this should be the quote of the day!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well - I think it is your opinion that somebody somewhere is lying. I don't necessarily think that anybody is lying. I think they are hurt, frustrated and desperate. IMO - someone else took Haleigh.

islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

HaLeigh~you are loved and in God's loving arms

« Reply #326 on: March 09, 2009, 03:51:52 PM »

Did Ron find out about HL when he drove up & saw Misty on the porch or did she call him first?  She has said both.

Where is the proof? I have only seen forum rumors that she called him first.

go to Misty Croslin interview CBS and you will hear her yourself say she called him and then called 911.

If you want to listen or hear the transcript of the 911 call, it is all over this board or just google "Haleigh Cummings 911 call". She says both - "We were sleeping"  "I was cleaning".

Ok. Did YOU read the whole transcript?

The question was, "when did you LAST see her?"

Misty said, "it was 10 o'clock we were sleeping I was cleaning".

I suppose if she had said "they" were sleeping then you wouldn't take this as an inconsistency?

I agree it is a small inconsistency - take it and run with it.

I just think it was a slight mis-statement trying to get the information out. IMHO its a big stretch.

Actually, that was just ONE of the many inconsistencies:

FROM SM transcipts......either JVM or NG

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Detectives don`t know, either. Today they officially ruled Haleigh Cummings`s disappearance an abduction. Police believe someone snatched the 5-year-old from her Satsuma home. They say, at this point, everyone`s a suspect.

CUMMINGS: Yes, I have taken a polygraph. Yes, did I pass it.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: I don`t know where she is or who has her! I just want her home!

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Authorities say the back door was wide open, propped open with a cinderblock, but they don`t know whether it was left unlocked.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: I put her to bed about 8:00 o`clock. I woke up and she was gone, and the back door was wide open! That`s the last I seen her is when I put her to bed!

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
rana
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #327 on: March 09, 2009, 03:52:41 PM »

While searching for the comment about the door, I found this:

http://www.eyesforlies.blogspot.com/2009/02/ronald-cummings-misty-croslin-and.html

Still looking, but I remember it was in an interview.

Thanks, Luckyday. This is someone's opinion. Excerpt from Luckyday's link below.

LINK to video referenced in excerpt
http://www.news4jax.com/video/18684460/index.html

"When I watch Cummings and Croslin speak, many things jump out at me. They are so numerous, I don't have the space here to write them all out, but I will identify a few things I've noted:

1.)
When I first saw Ronald Cummings crying in his first plea for his daughter, several things jumped out at me. His crying episode was eerily reminiscent of a child's cry. Most adults don't cry like children. He whined, and acted out of breath, yet he wasn't. It was notable and perplexing.

Yet he did sound truly congested; however, no tears fell from his face. Later on, however, he did cry very genuine and sincere tears, and the pouting cry notably changes into a regular cry. I find his behavior inconsistent here, and I can't explain it. Is he under the influence of something? He seems really glassy-eyed.

2.)
I am also immediately struck by how he portrays no composure of hope in this interview. He seems to have zero hope that his daughter could still be alive. Why isn't he hanging onto the fact that if he and others get out there, they can potentially find her? This disturbs me.

3.)
Why isn't he talking to his daughter on camera? "Haleigh, I'm here for you, if you are watching this. I'm going to find you." Does he even think about her being out there, and watching the news? Why isn't he thinking about being strong for her?

When I see this interview, it seems to be more about Cummings being devastated than finding Haleigh. It's like he is feeling sorry for himself. Why? This is odd. Haleigh's mom, ironically, does talk to her daughter on camera, as I would expect any parent would, if they feared their daughter was kidnapped. She says, "Everybody's here for you. If you're watching these, your momma misses you, daddy misses you ... your whole family misses you and we will bring you home" (source).

4.)
At time marker 1:15, Cummings drops down to the ground crying. This is so unusual for an adult to do. Children do this, but how many adults have you seen do this? Especially when the news is not conclusively devastating yet? How come everyone else who loved Haleigh is so composed and acting "normally", but Cummings is not? Here his cry is very shallow. It's not believable for me. If I re-look at this with the angle that Cummings could be feeling sorry for himself, it makes more sense.

5.)
He says, "I know somebody took my little girl...some sorry piece of trash that will be wasted when it's all over." This is baffling to me. Haleigh was once found floating in a nearby waterway and nearly drowned, so how could he so conclusively rule this out? How can he so confidently rule out that Haleigh didn't wander away, that he didn't lock the door as he thought he did, that when Croslin's relatives came to visit earlier that night, that they didn't unlock another door or open a window when he was away?

Would you as a parent be so certain about this, especially since you know your daughter wandered away before? This bothers me. "

There's more; but this got long.

islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

« Reply #328 on: March 09, 2009, 03:54:07 PM »

One more thought...WHY would Ron's family lie for Misty? What would be a reason at all for that? They wouldn't.

If they thought Misty harmed Haleigh - they would not lie for her.

Why? Because he left the children in Misty's care and he could lose custody....
Agreed. 
Another Agreed

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #329 on: March 09, 2009, 03:54:58 PM »

I agree with you Darla that someone is lying here and that they know more than they are saying out of fear, ignorance what ever...but it is hurting Haleigh and they need to come forward!
I also think that some of the speculation and the sniping at Haleigh's family if very disrespectful of Haleigh as well...just my opinion...and it would be nice if it wasn't so slanted against Haleigh's father who may or may not be the father of the year, but I do believe that he loved his child and did not harm her...just my opinion of course...

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #330 on: March 09, 2009, 03:58:17 PM »

Scoot on over Darla, I'll sit on that branch with ya!  The sniping at each other is not the way Monkeys tend to act with each other, and I for one as well, am sick of it.  It's one reason that I have been posting less and less.  There are some in here who seem to enjoy nothing better than to pick apart what others are saying, even tho it is just their own opinions.  I don't like what I'm seeing happen to Haleigh's thread/s, and I do hope that everyone who needs to, will simply take a deep breath, keep an open mind to the opinions of others, and go back to being kind to each other.  Newbies need to understand that we ARE kind to each other in here and on other threads.  They need good examples to follow, since we do not want to become like other unmentionable forums.  We have risen above that kind of behavior in Scared Monkeys, and we do not want to lose sight of that now.  All IMO <---

And what we say in here, when it's our own opinions, when put in respectful ways, such as your post and many others, nothing about it is bannable.  That we know and can trust.  Cuz our mods and admins rock!! 

luckyday
Scared Monkey

« Reply #331 on: March 09, 2009, 04:00:01 PM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote from: no rose colored glasses on Today at 02:03:32 PM
Quote from: Jerseygirl345 on Today at 01:31:07 PM
Quote from: lilymarie on Today at 01:28:19 PM
One more thought...WHY would Ron's family lie for Misty? What would be a reason at all for that? They wouldn't.

Agreed. 

Another Agreed
I third that emotion.

Mark Twain:
Always tell the truth. That way, you don't have to remember what you said.
minnie
Scared Monkey

Jubilee

« Reply #332 on: March 09, 2009, 04:00:40 PM »

Did Ron find out about HL when he drove up & saw Misty on the porch or did she call him first?  She has said both.

Where is the proof? I have only seen forum rumors that she called him first.

go to Misty Croslin interview CBS and you will hear her yourself say she called him and then called 911.

If you want to listen or hear the transcript of the 911 call, it is all over this board or just google "Haleigh Cummings 911 call". She says both - "We were sleeping"  "I was cleaning".

Thanks for the info.  I did listen to the call and it sounded to me like she said she was sleeping, I finished cleaning."  This was in response to the operator asking when was the last time you saw her.  But, part of the transcript is below in blue.

911: “OK when did you last see her?”

Misty Croslin: “Um, we like just, you know…it was about 10 o’clock- she was sleeping- I was cleaning

Seems there is a word before cleaning. 

I also listened to the other interview and she does say "I called her dad and then I called the police".  So, that is different as to what Ron said.  Has she been asked about that discrepancy?  But, also as to why she waited to call the police.  How many parents look for their children before calling authorities.  Plus she is 17 and was probably waiting for Ron to tell her what to do.  How do any of us know how we would react under those circumstances?

One last side bar.  That CBS interviewer really asked some stupid questions, didn't she?

MM
lilymarie
Scared Monkey

« Reply #333 on: March 09, 2009, 04:02:04 PM »

Agreed. 
Another Agreed

not surprised.

IMO - disrespectful to Haleigh and all of the hours the family has put into trying to find out what happened to her.

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #334 on: March 09, 2009, 04:05:40 PM »

Nobody on this forum is being disrespectful to Haleigh, nobody is, all we are doing is discussing.
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

« Reply #335 on: March 09, 2009, 04:06:12 PM »

I suppose if she had said "they" were sleeping then you wouldn't take this as an inconsistency?

A small inconsistency??? She has said she was asleep - she was exhausted. Now, she was cleaning??? I do not find that a small anything. I find it huge. Kinda like Casey Anthony saying Zanny the Nanny had Caylee. Or that Casey was in Jacksonville when she was actually in Orlando. It is the tiny details in ones account of events that matters.

The even more comical part is a 17 year old cleaning that evening, washing a blanket that smelled like pee.
Why?
IMO Misty does not at all look like the type that took cleaning to seriously, I just have a very hard time believing that is how she spent her evening. Again, my thoughts, and when my daughters were that age, I would have dropped over if they would have been cleaning, I just don't buy it.

Rose...yeah, most 17 yr olds are pretty lazy about cleaning aren't they?
still, the house looked really clean and tidy when the cameras came through there...someone had to have kept the place up for it to look that good...just my opinion...

Actually G-Gmma and gramma cleaned up, remember the article on it~the police had tossed it looking for evidence, so we really have no clue how it looked before....not saying it looked bad, just that we don't know.

[
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #336 on: March 09, 2009, 04:07:14 PM »

A small inconsistency??? She has said she was asleep - she was exhausted. Now, she was cleaning??? I do not find that a small anything. I find it huge. Kinda like Casey Anthony saying Zanny the Nanny had Caylee. Or that Casey was in Jacksonville when she was actually in Orlando. It is the tiny details in ones account of events that matters.

The even more comical part is a 17 year old cleaning that evening, washing a blanket that smelled like pee.
Why?
IMO Misty does not at all look like the type that took cleaning to seriously, I just have a very hard time believing that is how she spent her evening. Again, my thoughts, and when my daughters were that age, I would have dropped over if they would have been cleaning, I just don't buy it.

I hear ya, NoRose!  Am thinking too that none of those things would be on a typical 17 yr old's agenda for an evening.     That, coming from experience at having raised three of em into adulthood, and I would have had heart failure if any of them had done even one of those things, let alone all of em together in one night. 

Misty may not be a typical 17 yr old tho.  She may have done those things because she was trying hard to be 'a good mommy' to Ron's kids, and for Ron. 

Or... she may have done those things out of fear of being blasted by Ron when he got home for not doing them. 

Who knows?  I dunno....

I do know that we need more facts to work with, sure wish someone would start talking!!  This is like trying to put a puzzle together with most of the pieces either missing or that don't fit together in the first place. 

luckyday
Scared Monkey

« Reply #337 on: March 09, 2009, 04:08:03 PM »

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/local/news-article.aspx?storyid=133274&catid=3

Read it and weep!!!

Mark Twain:
Always tell the truth. That way, you don't have to remember what you said.
Searching
Monkey Junky

Got my Anti Anthony Koolaid helmet on ,I'm ready!

« Reply #338 on: March 09, 2009, 04:09:44 PM »

I'm sure some smart monkey will get the link, but Ron and Misty are getting married, and Misty has been showing her ring.  It's over at WS in the basement.

Showing her ring to whom?? this come from annafl?

islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

« Reply #339 on: March 09, 2009, 04:11:51 PM »

Nobody on this forum is being disrespectful to Haleigh, nobody is, all we are doing is discussing.

Amen, we are just saying we feel like someone is withholding info that could bring this case to an end, FTLOG I personally offered to pay rent OR hire a Private Investigator to help out.............I certainly don't think that I was being disrespectful

[
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.