April 24, 2024, 12:00:25 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Haleigh Cummings #5 3/08/09 - 3/11/09  (Read 299194 times)
luckyday
Scared Monkey

« Reply #340 on: March 09, 2009, 04:11:52 PM »

PALATKA, FL -- The father of Haleigh Cummings has asked his teenaged girlfriend to marry him.

Ronald Cummings, 25, popped the question to Misty Croslin Sunday night at Chili's, with several family members around them.

She said yes.

Outside the Putnam County Courthouse where Croslin and Cummings went Monday to get the paperwork for a marriage license, Croslin showed off her ring.

"Everybody's probably going to take this marriage thing the wrong way but it's not," said Croslin. "Everything's still focused on Haleigh. This is what Haleigh wanted. She's always talked about it."

Croslin said Haleigh even called her "mom."

Since Croslin is only 17, the paperwork has to be filled out by her parents.

The two have not set a wedding date.

Misty Croslin put Haleigh Cummings to bed on the night of February 9. Haleigh hasn't been seen since.

If you have any information on her whereabouts, call Crime Stoppers at 1-888-277-TIPS. You'll remain anonymous and could be eligible for a cash reward. The reward for Haleigh's return is at $26,500.

©2009 First Coast News. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, rewritten, or redistributed.
-----------
Can just hear Nancy now!!!!!!!  BOMBSHELL!!!

Mark Twain:
Always tell the truth. That way, you don't have to remember what you said.
lilymarie
Scared Monkey

« Reply #341 on: March 09, 2009, 04:14:03 PM »

I wish them well but I think Misty's too young and this is not a good time to be making big decisions. I don't know what "read it and weep" means.

If Ron & Misty turn out to be innocent of Haleigh's disappearance - I pray Haleigh re-joins her family and that her Daddy's reputation can be restored after all of the things being said about him.

What's so funny about Peace, Love & Understanding?
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #342 on: March 09, 2009, 04:14:22 PM »

Thank-you for posting that. 
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

HaLeigh~you are loved and in God's loving arms

« Reply #343 on: March 09, 2009, 04:16:22 PM »

::MonkeyEek::Damn, WE were spot on last on last night................move over Anthony's, yo just moved into 2nd place.

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
minnie
Scared Monkey

Jubilee

« Reply #344 on: March 09, 2009, 04:16:37 PM »

OMG, the 'girlfriend' slash 'babysitter' and Ron are getting married.  I can't wait to watch JVM and NG tonight. 

MM
luckyday
Scared Monkey

« Reply #345 on: March 09, 2009, 04:16:38 PM »

Your welcome!!!

Amazing how we saw the ring and thought they were already married. Then the next day, they are engaged.

What say the board?  Pregnant or not??

Mark Twain:
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #346 on: March 09, 2009, 04:18:27 PM »

Why did they have to get engaged, married at this time in their lives? don't they have enough on their plates without adding one more thing? they have only known each other for 5 months!  I seriously am shaking my head ....what is the hurry? instead of buying rings and getting engaged, why not go out searching for Haleigh? if my child was missing, the last thing that would be on my mind is getting engaged or married....my opinion only.....they have just opened up the gates for more gossip and speculation and rightfully so at this point...isn't anyone advising these people at all?  they have to know how this will look to the general public...or maybe no...
tsk tsk...Ron, ron ,,,ron...what in the world are you thinking? or are you at this point?

minnie
Scared Monkey

Jubilee

« Reply #347 on: March 09, 2009, 04:18:34 PM »

Your welcome!!!

Amazing how we saw the ring and thought they were already married. Then the next day, they are engaged.

What say the board?  Pregnant or not??

I say what difference does it make.  At least if she is pregnant the child will be legal.

MM
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #348 on: March 09, 2009, 04:19:55 PM »

Misty said, "it was 10 o'clock we were sleeping I was cleaning".

I suppose if she had said "they" were sleeping then you wouldn't take this as an inconsistency?

I agree it is a small inconsistency - take it and run with it.
A small inconsistency??? She has said she was asleep - she was exhausted. Now, she was cleaning??? I do not find that a small anything. I find it huge. Kinda like Casey Anthony saying Zanny the Nanny had Caylee. Or that Casey was in Jacksonville when she was actually in Orlando. It is the tiny details in ones account of events that matters.

The even more comical part is a 17 year old cleaning that evening, washing a blanket that smelled like pee.
Why?
IMO Misty does not at all look like the type that took cleaning to seriously, I just have a very hard time believing that is how she spent her evening. Again, my thoughts, and when my daughters were that age, I would have dropped over if they would have been cleaning, I just don't buy it.

Rose...yeah, most 17 yr olds are pretty lazy about cleaning aren't they?
still, the house looked really clean and tidy when the cameras came through there...someone had to have kept the place up for it to look that good...just my opinion...

True cookie.  However, we need to realize that it was family who cleaned the home up for the cameras, including at least one gma.  At 54 yrs old, I could easily take the worst dump and clean it up from ceiling to floor in tip top shape in no time.  Even easier to do with other folks helping.  (Not saying their home was a dump beforehand, just using 'the worst dump' as an example). 

Depending on how much time I had, I could even repair holes in the wall, paint or put wallpaper up, scrub scrub scrub, clean the carpets and floors, do the dishes and put them away, pick up clothes and toys, and rearrange furniture and pics as well, etc.  We don't know what their home looked like before Haleigh went missing, before LE got in there and did their thing during the investigation.  All we do know is that the at least one gma and family got ahold of it, made it spic and span, and it looks like it's ready for a People magazine spread.  We cannot assume that's the way Misty/Ron kept it beforehand. 

Just saying... 

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #349 on: March 09, 2009, 04:20:35 PM »

Why did they have to get engaged, married at this time in their lives? don't they have enough on their plates without adding one more thing? they have only known each other for 5 months!  I seriously am shaking my head ....what is the hurry? instead of buying rings and getting engaged, why not go out searching for Haleigh? if my child was missing, the last thing that would be on my mind is getting engaged or married....my opinion only.....they have just opened up the gates for more gossip and speculation and rightfully so at this point...isn't anyone advising these people at all?  they have to know how this will look to the general public...or maybe no...
tsk tsk...Ron, ron ,,,ron...what in the world are you thinking? or are you at this point?
I know I would not be getting married or getting tatoos if my child was missing, I'd be a basket case, but that's me.
minnie
Scared Monkey

Jubilee

« Reply #350 on: March 09, 2009, 04:22:47 PM »

I know I would not be getting married or getting tatoos if my child was missing, I'd be a basket case, but that's me.

For whatever else is being said on this forum I completely agree with you.  I would be a mess.

MM
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #351 on: March 09, 2009, 04:24:37 PM »

Misty said, "it was 10 o'clock we were sleeping I was cleaning".

I suppose if she had said "they" were sleeping then you wouldn't take this as an inconsistency?

I agree it is a small inconsistency - take it and run with it.
A small inconsistency??? She has said she was asleep - she was exhausted. Now, she was cleaning??? I do not find that a small anything. I find it huge. Kinda like Casey Anthony saying Zanny the Nanny had Caylee. Or that Casey was in Jacksonville when she was actually in Orlando. It is the tiny details in ones account of events that matters.

The even more comical part is a 17 year old cleaning that evening, washing a blanket that smelled like pee.
Why?
IMO Misty does not at all look like the type that took cleaning to seriously, I just have a very hard time believing that is how she spent her evening. Again, my thoughts, and when my daughters were that age, I would have dropped over if they would have been cleaning, I just don't buy it.

Rose...yeah, most 17 yr olds are pretty lazy about cleaning aren't they?
still, the house looked really clean and tidy when the cameras came through there...someone had to have kept the place up for it to look that good...just my opinion...

True cookie.  However, we need to realize that it was family who cleaned the home up for the cameras, including at least one gma.  At 54 yrs old, I could easily take the worst dump and clean it up from ceiling to floor in tip top shape in no time.  Even easier to do with other folks helping.  (Not saying their home was a dump beforehand, just using 'the worst dump' as an example). 

Depending on how much time I had, I could even repair holes in the wall, paint or put wallpaper up, scrub scrub scrub, clean the carpets and floors, do the dishes and put them away, pick up clothes and toys, and rearrange furniture and pics as well, etc.  We don't know what their home looked like before Haleigh went missing, before LE got in there and did their thing during the investigation.  All we do know is that the at least one gma and family got ahold of it, made it spic and span, and it looks like it's ready for a People magazine spread.  We cannot assume that's the way Misty/Ron kept it beforehand. 

Just saying... 

true wyks... I saw where the grand mas had been there... we also can not assume that the house was not clean either....but really, what difference does it make if it was messy or clean? does not mean that there was not love there....or that it had anything to do with Haleigh being gone....seems like a close knit family to me also what do you think?
I agree that I could clean up in a whirlwind if I had to as well! ha ha!

islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

« Reply #352 on: March 09, 2009, 04:26:09 PM »

Well ya know a new tat, he's wanting a new home and a brand new wife.......I'd sat he's moving on thru his grief pretty darn well

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

« Reply #353 on: March 09, 2009, 04:28:51 PM »

Haleigh's Father Pops Question to Teen Girlfriend
Posted By: Gary Detman     Created: 3/9/2009 2:55:12 PM    Updated: 3/9/2009 3:34:13 PM
Recommend Print Article Email Article Larger Smaller

PALATKA, FL -- The father of Haleigh Cummings has asked his teenaged girlfriend to marry him.

Ronald Cummings, 25, popped the question to Misty Croslin Sunday night at Chili's, with several family members around them.

She said yes.

Outside the Putnam County Courthouse where Croslin and Cummings went Monday to get the paperwork for a marriage license, Croslin showed off her ring.

"Everybody's probably going to take this marriage thing the wrong way but it's not," said Croslin. "Everything's still focused on Haleigh. This is what Haleigh wanted. She's always talked about it.

Misty Croslin put Haleigh Cummings to bed on the night of February 9. Haleigh hasn't been seen since.

If you have any information on her whereabouts, call Crime Stoppers at 1-888-277-TIPS. You'll remain anonymous and could be eligible for a cash reward. The reward for Haleigh's return is at $26,500.

[
luckyday
Scared Monkey

« Reply #354 on: March 09, 2009, 04:31:35 PM »

"Everybody's probably going to take this marriage thing the wrong way but it's not," said Croslin. "Everything's still focused on Haleigh. This is what Haleigh wanted. She's always talked about it."

"This is what Haleigh wanted??? Past tense.

Wyks & Cookie: You're hired!!!

Mark Twain:
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #355 on: March 09, 2009, 04:32:15 PM »

Posted By: Gary Detman     Created: 3/9/2009 2:55:12 PM    Updated: 3/9/2009 3:34:13 PM

She said yes.

"Everybody's probably going to take this marriage thing the wrong way but it's not," said Croslin. "Everything's still focused on Haleigh. This is what Haleigh wanted. She's always talked about it.

You think Misty that people are going to take this marriage thing the wrong way? 
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

« Reply #356 on: March 09, 2009, 04:32:27 PM »

Just curious, but I wonder WHOSE donation bought the engagement  ring?????? Not mine, I offered $$ to the Sheffield/Griffis side, and they asked for prayers instead........wouldn't take a penny. 

[
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #357 on: March 09, 2009, 04:33:33 PM »

Just curious, but I wonder WHOSE donation bought the engagement  ring?????? Not mine, I offered $$ to the Sheffield/Griffis side, and they asked for prayers instead........wouldn't take a penny. 
Great question 
luckyday
Scared Monkey

« Reply #358 on: March 09, 2009, 04:33:36 PM »

I say what difference does it make.  At least if she is pregnant the child will be legal.
So was/is HL.

Wonder why he was sporting a wedding band before they "got engaged"??

Mark Twain:
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

« Reply #359 on: March 09, 2009, 04:34:14 PM »

She said yes.

You think Misty that people are going to take this marriage thing the wrong way? 

HMMMMM~can't imagine what could make the nitwit think that

[
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.