April 27, 2024, 12:32:01 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Haleigh Cummings #5 3/08/09 - 3/11/09  (Read 299408 times)
rana
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #120 on: March 09, 2009, 01:12:28 AM »

Good evening everyone.  I have a question. If it is indeed a wedding ring, would they have had to to be married the night of Haleigh's disappearance to invoke spousal priviledge? 

Good point, but would they KNOW that???????

Good question. If so them anyone in a situation with someone of the other gender (or not - depending on how prop 8 works out) could just UP and marry the person they want not to testify against them.

UP and marry..... Sorry; I went all Jed Clampett on y'all for a second.

"want not to".....

Tee hee  - Throw caution to the wind!! Split those infinitives like nobody's business!!!

Foggy Dew
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #121 on: March 09, 2009, 01:13:09 AM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uND4ogbsKD4

OMG~Watch this video and tell me that's not a wedding ring on his finger...........I wonder if they got married in Tampa, you know how my mind thinks (spousal privilege)         

That's a wedding ring. If he married Misty, I will just keep my own thoughts to myself and you all can read my mind. Too bad I don't have webcam. The look on my face is worthy of a transmission !   

I'd love to see it !

What freaks me out is IF they did get married, they have spousal privilege and aren't compelled to testify against each other if called to do so

That would be a very sneaky thing to do!  Surely they wouldn't!!   

Spousal privilege means that a married partner can't be compelled to testify against their mate.  But it doesn't mean a spouse can't testify against a mate.  Its a fine distinction that one who is fearful or cowed might not grasp or recognize.
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

HaLeigh~you are loved and in God's loving arms

« Reply #122 on: March 09, 2009, 01:13:25 AM »

I don't know IM, either way, it seems like it would scream conspiracy and do nothing to help the rumors die down if they are truly innocent.

ITA~I just can't think of another reason for him to be sporting a ring all of the sudden

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #123 on: March 09, 2009, 01:13:52 AM »

The dogs going to the train bugs me too. They also went to the water although it could have been an old scent. The time change has affected my brain also.
fatcatlurker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #124 on: March 09, 2009, 01:14:39 AM »

Well what is the waiting period for a marriage license in fl, in Md it's atleast 30 days, I think i've been married 17 long yrs so not sure.  And if it is illegal they have to have a judge approval from my understanding.
Jerseygirl345
Monkey Junky

« Reply #125 on: March 09, 2009, 01:18:00 AM »

Good evening everyone.  I have a question. If it is indeed a wedding ring, would they have had to to be married the night of Haleigh's disappearance to invoke spousal priviledge? 

Good question. If so them anyone in a situation with someone of the other gender (or not - depending on how prop 8 works out) could just UP and marry the person they want not to testify against them.

"want not to".....

Tee hee  - Throw caution to the wind!! Split those infinitives like nobody's business!!!

"There have been plenty of cases where marriage was a good strategy for a criminal defendant," said Jonathan Turley, a George Washington University law professor. 
rana
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #126 on: March 09, 2009, 01:18:27 AM »

I have a theory about the train but it's too morbid to discuss with anyone so I'll keep it to myself.  Just call me FD, I know.  Sorry for my morbitity.

OMG.... that never occurred to me. That gave me the chills.

We know you didn't intend to be morbid. We know what you meant.

(Side note: I'm uncool; What is FD? or none of my bees wax - just give me the raspberry and a street gesture and tell me to shove it. I get that a lot)  Smile

fatcatlurker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #127 on: March 09, 2009, 01:19:35 AM »

24/17 w/this law you guys say would mean they have to have judge approval, it's not like overnight they have to have consent of all parents right? and than get marriage license, Florida is not Nevada.  There are some rules that have to be followed is my understanding?
Jerseygirl345
Monkey Junky

« Reply #128 on: March 09, 2009, 01:20:29 AM »

"want not to".....

"There have been plenty of cases where marriage was a good strategy for a criminal defendant," said Jonathan Turley, a George Washington University law professor. 

I found this...

There are two different concepts relating to marital privileges, the adverse testimony privilge and privilege relating to confidential communicaitons.

The confidential communications privilege extends only to communications made during marriage. The adverse testimony privilege provides that you cannot be compelled to adversely testify against your spouse.

As a result, while their communications are not protected under the confidential communications privilege, one could not be compelled to testify about those communications against the other under the adverse testimony rule.

Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #129 on: March 09, 2009, 01:21:42 AM »

Well what is the waiting period for a marriage license in fl, in Md it's atleast 30 days, I think i've been married 17 long yrs so not sure.  And if it is illegal they have to have a judge approval from my understanding.

I stated on the last page:
I looked up waiting period for marriage license in FL ...Putnam County to be exact. It is 3 days. Waived if you take a 4-hour marriage course within the prior 12 months.

For those under 18 ...you have to contact the county for any other restrictions.

Just a FYI.

islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

« Reply #130 on: March 09, 2009, 01:22:13 AM »

Requirements for a Florida Marriage License
Important: Couples must go together to apply for a marriage license in Florida. A couple may purchase a marriage license in one Florida county and be married in another. However, the county issuing the marriage license is the only county that will have the marriage license on record.

Proof of Age, Identity, and Residency
It will be necessary to prove that you are old enough to get married, that you are who you say you are, and that you live where you say you live. To prove who you are, each of you may need to show your Social Security card or a legal document showing your Social Security number and name. You may both also need to show birth certificates. Legal photo identification, such as a driver's license or state ID, may also be required to prove your address information and verify residency.

In general, those planning on getting married in Florida should be eighteen or older at the time of marriage. However, it is sometimes possible to get married at a younger age. For example, it is possible to get married at sixteen or seventeen if written parental consent is given. It is also possible for people of this age to get married if the bride and groom are parents, or expectant parents, of a child

Cost and Waiting Period
As of the writing of this publication, a Florida marriage license costs $93.50. If you cannot afford this amount all at once, it may be possible to pay it in three installments over a ninety-day period. However, you will not receive the license until all payments are made. After purchasing the marriage license, you will need to wait three days before having the wedding ceremony and finalizing the marriage. Florida residents can get a discount on the license and waive the three-day waiting period by taking a marriage preparation course.

The Marriage Preparation Course
As of January 1, 1999, Florida residents who take a marriage preparation course offered by an approved provider can receive certain privileges. If both members of the couple are Florida residents, you will receive a $32.50 discount on the marriage license fee. In addition, the three-day waiting period will be waived. Both partners must prove that they took the course within the last twelve months. The late Florida Governor Lawton Chiles signed this bill into law to encourage couples to consider marriage carefully.

Changes to Florida law have been relatively recent. Because these laws are still new, different counties interpret them differently.

For example:

Some counties may not recognize marriage preparation classes conducted in other counties.

Some counties may give couples credit for their marriage preparation when one person is a Florida resident and one is not.

Some counties will only recognize marriage preparation given by people (even clergy) who are on an approved list.

The approval process for providers of marriage preparation courses even varies from court system to court system.

Soon there should be more consistency among counties. As of the time of this writing, situations vary.

Who is an Approved Provider?
You can get a list of approved providers of marriage preparation classes from the county marriage license bureau. This bureau is normally found in the offices of the Clerk of the Circuit Court. Approved providers may include family life educators of the Florida Cooperative Extension Service, psychologists, mental health counselors, trained official representatives of religious institutions, and marriage and family therapists.

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
rana
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #131 on: March 09, 2009, 01:23:33 AM »

"want not to".....

Yes, I agree. Very smart, if that's what happened. Odd timing for innocent people tho, but um... OK...

IM will be done with 14 county marriage records by the time I say boo and get halfway into Putnam's.

Jus sayin' Smile

Side note: my computer just went nuts and everything started blinking like crazy and all the text was scrambled. I re-booted twice and now it's normal. Just me? alrighty then.  Smile

Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #132 on: March 09, 2009, 01:24:13 AM »

Up here, under 18 marriages require parental consent. And have to get a marriage liscense ( sp ) or have the bans read in church. I had the bans read so I didn't have to get any papers in advance. I am divorced, I should have had a waiting period of about ten years or until I smartened up, whichever came the soonest.
Foggy Dew
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #133 on: March 09, 2009, 01:25:35 AM »

No ring on left or right ring finger here.

As many prob know folks who work w/heavy equipment (and in other occupations) remove their rings when working 'cause they can be a hazard.  I don't wear my rings around the homeplace, nor do my friends.  Rings are pretty, but troublesome and mostly left in a safe place 'til the work is done.

Of course I have no clue if RC and the teenager have recently married.  Maybe they were married before Haleighs disappearance/he wasn't wearing ring because of work.  I only mention that because gf referred to Haleigh as her daughter during 911 call.  I thought it a bit presumptuous on her part at the time, but who knows.

Foggy
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #134 on: March 09, 2009, 01:25:54 AM »

Time for this monkey to bid good night to all.

Jerseygirl345
Monkey Junky

« Reply #135 on: March 09, 2009, 01:26:52 AM »

Time for this monkey to bid good night to all.

Good Nite Brandi...
fatcatlurker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #136 on: March 09, 2009, 01:26:55 AM »

I looked up waiting period for marriage license in FL ...Putnam County to be exact. It is 3 days. Waived if you take a 4-hour marriage course within the prior 12 months.

For those under 18 ...you have to contact the county for any other restrictions.

Just a FYI.

3 days wow, so it could of been done.  but the illegal part throws me a bit.  but still I think the Croslin's and Cummings would agree to this and if they know the right judge to approve it, done.  Stranger things have been done before.  God this would blow CasAnt out of the water with all it's twist and turns if it fits.
fatcatlurker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #137 on: March 09, 2009, 01:30:52 AM »

"want not to".....

Yes, I agree. Very smart, if that's what happened. Odd timing for innocent people tho, but um... OK...

IM will be done with 14 county marriage records by the time I say boo and get halfway into Putnam's.

Jus sayin' Smile

Side note: my computer just went nuts and everything started blinking like crazy and all the text was scrambled. I re-booted twice and now it's normal. Just me? alrighty then.  Smile

Side note; your vomit look on Misty = preggers.....Just speculation now!  ha ha! well it was early morning....
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

« Reply #138 on: March 09, 2009, 01:34:58 AM »

Just a FYI.

3 days wow, so it could of been done.  but the illegal part throws me a bit.  but still I think the Croslin's and Cummings would agree to this and if they know the right judge to approve it, done.  Stranger things have been done before.  God this would blow CasAnt out of the water with all it's twist and turns if it fits.

I think they mean illegal as under the age of 18, but I could be wrong......also here is a little more info from my longggggggg post above:

In general, those planning on getting married in Florida should be eighteen or older at the time of marriage. However, it is sometimes possible to get married at a younger age. For example, it is possible to get married at sixteen or seventeen if written parental consent is given. It is also possible for people of this age to get married if the bride and groom are parents, or expectant parents, of a child

[
Searching
Monkey Junky

Got my Anti Anthony Koolaid helmet on ,I'm ready!

« Reply #139 on: March 09, 2009, 01:35:59 AM »

OK, a couple observations.  From the video above.

1.  Ron is definately wearing a gold ring on his left had but is also wearing one on his right.  Could be he's just always worn them?

2.  The tattoos are ugly, both of them.  I just don't think the tattoo artist is very good. 

I looked back thru two older vid's and NO ring.

Very interesting.

Just a FYI.

Generally, under 18 requires a parents signature on a form stating they have consent. Here in Polk county Fl any ways.... My son was 17 when he married his middle school sweetheart...

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.