April 27, 2024, 04:36:50 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Haleigh Cummings #5 3/08/09 - 3/11/09  (Read 299449 times)
Searching
Monkey Junky

Got my Anti Anthony Koolaid helmet on ,I'm ready!

« Reply #820 on: March 10, 2009, 11:56:43 AM »

Croslin's mother, Lisa Croslin, said, "They've been trying to get me to do this for five months now. And I told them you need to wait until you're 18. But now that everything's been going on and people have been trashing them, I'm going to let them do it. I know they love her...Haleigh, and they love each other."   

Ok, they have been together 5 months right? and been trying to get mommy to let them get married for 5 months?? so he walked up to a strange girl and said hey lets get married 5 months ago?   

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #821 on: March 10, 2009, 11:57:32 AM »

Thanks GramaMonkey  None of this makes sense to me. My problem that I have in my life, is I expect people to use common sense. Now my common sense isn't necessarily going to be like the next person, but come on a wedding at this time?

I am finding that sometimes copying the link, doesn't work, unless you go back to the original.  That is what I had to do.

Thanks GramaMonkey 
jules3699
Scared Monkey

« Reply #822 on: March 10, 2009, 12:04:39 PM »

Croslin's mother, Lisa Croslin, said, "They've been trying to get me to do this for five months now. And I told them you need to wait until you're 18. But now that everything's been going on and people have been trashing them, I'm going to let them do it. I know they love her...Haleigh, and they love each other."   

Ok, they have been together 5 months right? and been trying to get mommy to let them get married for 5 months?? so he walked up to a strange girl and said hey lets get married 5 months ago?   

yeah and he REALLY looks like he wants to get married!!!

GramaMonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #823 on: March 10, 2009, 12:04:46 PM »

I don't recall reading any of this comment by AnnaFl here.

Originally Posted by Anna Fl  - WS
Hi all. I believe strongly that law enforcement DOES have "a clue" but are waiting for the right time/events before moving forward publicly.

Also, things are tense and there is virtually no communication between the families. Ron is keeping everyone as far away as possible except for the media and others he *chooses* to speak to; he has refused to speak to several people including certain media and three psychics who asked for access to the house. Crystal has also asked to see inside the house in the hope she might notice something that was overlooked but Ronnie won't let her near the house. He has offered access to the house but only to certain people and only for a fee.
As far as the marriage and people around the area talking about it...I think the general feeling is disgust.

luckyday
Scared Monkey

« Reply #824 on: March 10, 2009, 12:05:01 PM »

OK, a confession. I was married to a man very very similar to Ron. This is many moons ago when I was young, dumb, etc.

He abused me and he abused drugs, but when he was good - he was very, very good. He could switch from being nice and genuinely kind to a complete ass cussing, yelling, throwing things, choking, hitting, etc.. It all depended on how many drugs or how much alcohol he had in his system. If he was on hard liquor, forget about it. Thank God, we had no children together!! But my point in all this is that for some reason, he had a strange hold over me. I was addicted to him. It took me a very long time to get out and move on and I did take him back many times in between.

I can almost see inside Misty's mind when it comes to Ron. And I have to sayt hat I feel for her because it is obvious to me that she has absolutely no self esteem. I wish I could pull her aside and shake some sense into her. That is all.

Mark Twain:
Always tell the truth. That way, you don't have to remember what you said.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #825 on: March 10, 2009, 12:08:30 PM »

OK, a confession. I was married to a man very very similar to Ron. This is many moons ago when I was young, dumb, etc.

He abused me and he abused drugs, but when he was good - he was very, very good. He could switch from being nice and genuinely kind to a complete ass cussing, yelling, throwing things, choking, hitting, etc.. It all depended on how many drugs or how much alcohol he had in his system. If he was on hard liquor, forget about it. Thank God, we had no children together!! But my point in all this is that for some reason, he had a strange hold over me. I was addicted to him. It took me a very long time to get out and move on and I did take him back many times in between.

I can almost see inside Misty's mind when it comes to Ron. And I have to sayt hat I feel for her because it is obvious to me that she has absolutely no self esteem. I wish I could pull her aside and shake some sense into her. That is all.
I'm very sorry you went through that. Misty maybe thinks Ron is a good catch, who knows what her upbringing was like, and maybe this is some escape for her.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #826 on: March 10, 2009, 12:09:44 PM »

I think btw Wyks and Jules there couldn't possibly be anyother reason for these two to get married. Summed up nicely. 
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #827 on: March 10, 2009, 12:13:03 PM »

Wedding bells for Haleigh's dad, girlfriend

By Kristin Chambers
Published: Tuesday, March 10, 2009 2:06 AM EDT
As the disappearance of Haleigh Cummings stretches into a month, her father and his 17-year-old girlfriend are preparing to marry.

Ronald Cummings and Misty Croslin filed the necessary marriage paperwork with Putnam County on Monday, Clerk of Court Tim Smith said.

The ceremony will have to wait, however. Cummings, 25, and Croslin will have to mark the state-mandated three-day waiting period, Smith said.

"They're going to have a small wedding for the time being, and when Haleigh comes home, they're going to have a big wedding at the church," said Annette Sykes, who is Cummings' paternal grandmother.

"Haleigh's going to be the flower girl," Sykes added.

Cummings proposed to Croslin Sunday night at the Chili's restaurant in Palatka.

A wedding date has not been set, Sykes said.

Cummings and Croslin had to make two trips to the courthouse to obtain the wedding license. Because Croslin is younger than 18, the couple needed a consent form signed by her parents.(My comment: if Misty were pregnant, she would not need parental concent. I have seen comments here about whether she is pregnant or not.)

The task was finished late Monday afternoon, Smith said.

Outside the courthouse, Croslin showed her engagement ring to a television news crew.

Croslin was caring for Haleigh and Haleigh's 4-year-old brother, Ronald Cummings Jr., when the young girl vanished from the Cummings' rented home in Satsuma, about 10 miles south of Palatka near the St. Johns River.

A Putnam County Sheriff's Office report says Croslin put the children to bed on Feb. 9 about 8 p.m., and joined them about 10:30 a.m. Croslin said Haleigh was gone when she awoke about 3 a.m.

Croslin reported Haleigh missing at 3:27 a.m. Feb. 10.

A massive search and investigation was immediately launched by authorities, but no sign of Haleigh has been found.

No suspects have been identified and no arrests have been made in the case, authorities said.

Since that day, relatives of Haleigh have gathered in tents near the neighborhood paternal relatives in one and maternal relatives in another.

Those on the Cummings side spent Monday getting ready to move from the front yard of a neighbor's home, packing memories of Haleigh in boxes. New location options included Sykes' home in Welaka or Watts Funeral Home in San Mateo.

"I don't know where we're going to go," Teresa Neves, Haleigh's grandmother, said.

Maternal relatives are not camping overnight at their tent near River Villas and have not been asked to move, said Marie Griffis, Haleigh's maternal grandmother.
http://www.palatkadailynews.com/articles/2009/03/10/news/news01.txt

GramaMonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #828 on: March 10, 2009, 12:13:31 PM »

I'm very sorry you went through that. Misty maybe thinks Ron is a good catch, who knows what her upbringing was like, and maybe this is some escape for her.

Far toooooo many young girls have this same exact thought in their heads.  Runnnnnnn......and team up with someone that will offer what I didn't have.  Little do they know....this is the beginning of another sad chapter in their lives.  No more marrying for love....

jules3699
Scared Monkey

« Reply #829 on: March 10, 2009, 12:14:01 PM »

would have loved to have seen another one of his academy award scenes with in down on one knee.  Baby will you marry me...... while the crowd applauded.  It is disgusting!

jules3699
Scared Monkey

« Reply #830 on: March 10, 2009, 12:16:01 PM »

Wedding bells for Haleigh's dad, girlfriend

By Kristin Chambers
Published: Tuesday, March 10, 2009 2:06 AM EDT
As the disappearance of Haleigh Cummings stretches into a month, her father and his 17-year-old girlfriend are preparing to marry.

Ronald Cummings and Misty Croslin filed the necessary marriage paperwork with Putnam County on Monday, Clerk of Court Tim Smith said.

The ceremony will have to wait, however. Cummings, 25, and Croslin will have to mark the state-mandated three-day waiting period, Smith said.

"They're going to have a small wedding for the time being, and when Haleigh comes home, they're going to have a big wedding at the church," said Annette Sykes, who is Cummings' paternal grandmother.

"Haleigh's going to be the flower girl," Sykes added.

Cummings proposed to Croslin Sunday night at the Chili's restaurant in Palatka.

A wedding date has not been set, Sykes said.

Cummings and Croslin had to make two trips to the courthouse to obtain the wedding license. Because Croslin is younger than 18, the couple needed a consent form signed by her parents.(My comment: if Misty were pregnant, she would not need parental concent. I have seen comments here about whether she is pregnant or not.)

The task was finished late Monday afternoon, Smith said.

Outside the courthouse, Croslin showed her engagement ring to a television news crew.

Croslin was caring for Haleigh and Haleigh's 4-year-old brother, Ronald Cummings Jr., when the young girl vanished from the Cummings' rented home in Satsuma, about 10 miles south of Palatka near the St. Johns River.

A Putnam County Sheriff's Office report says Croslin put the children to bed on Feb. 9 about 8 p.m., and joined them about 10:30 a.m. Croslin said Haleigh was gone when she awoke about 3 a.m.

Croslin reported Haleigh missing at 3:27 a.m. Feb. 10.

A massive search and investigation was immediately launched by authorities, but no sign of Haleigh has been found.

No suspects have been identified and no arrests have been made in the case, authorities said.

Since that day, relatives of Haleigh have gathered in tents near the neighborhood paternal relatives in one and maternal relatives in another.

Those on the Cummings side spent Monday getting ready to move from the front yard of a neighbor's home, packing memories of Haleigh in boxes. New location options included Sykes' home in Welaka or Watts Funeral Home in San Mateo.

"I don't know where we're going to go," Teresa Neves, Haleigh's grandmother, said.

Maternal relatives are not camping overnight at their tent near River Villas and have not been asked to move, said Marie Griffis, Haleigh's maternal grandmother.
http://www.palatkadailynews.com/articles/2009/03/10/news/news01.txt

what is the point of getting married now then if you are just going to have another wedding...well I guess the big wedding will be after they get enough money to afford one!

luckyday
Scared Monkey

« Reply #831 on: March 10, 2009, 12:16:32 PM »

I'm very sorry you went through that. Misty maybe thinks Ron is a good catch, who knows what her upbringing was like, and maybe this is some escape for her
I am not sorry I went through it in that it made me the strong person I am today!!! But thanks!!!

I can definitely see right into Crystal Sheffield's head and know exactly why her affect is flat.

I also think that Misty knows exactly what happened and she is scared to death. I do believe that Ron killed HL by accident and both covered it up - staged the back door, etc. I think it happened before Ron went to work. Now, why or how they have "passed" poly's is a mystery to me. Also, I was expecting an arrest(s) weeks ago.

Mark Twain:
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #832 on: March 10, 2009, 12:17:22 PM »

snipped from Brandi's post above: "They're going to have a small wedding for the time being, and when Haleigh comes home, they're going to have a big wedding at the church," said Annette Sykes, who is Cummings' paternal grandmother.

and my reply to this is ...how do they know that Haleigh won't be found before the small wedding? she could be found at any moment....the kid is not away at college or on vacation...the child is missing....hello???? any thought processing going on by anyone in this family???
WTF! just wait and have one wedding for pete's sake..!!

Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #833 on: March 10, 2009, 12:19:29 PM »

Haleigh Search Hits One Month Milestone
By Jared Halpern, Reporter
@ March 10, 2009 7:17 AM
It's been a full month since a nationwide search for Haleigh Cummings was launched. And despite more than 2,400 tips and dozens of ground searches, few clues have surfaced in the five-year-old Satsuma girl's dissapearance.

"We at this point have no idea where Haleigh is or what happened to her," Captain Dick Schauland with the Putnam County Sheriff's Office tells WOKV. "We believe that sooner or later the tip is going to come in or the piece of information is going to come in or perhaps an interview will reveal where Haleigh is and give us the information we need. We don't know where it is going to come from."

The visible police presence has scaled back in the small, rural fishing town of Satsuma. Many of the media trucks have also pulled away. But Schauland says investigators are working with as much energy today as they were when the search first launched on February 10.

Five Putnam County detectives are working full-time on Haleigh's case, as are FBI and FDLE field teams from Jacksonville.

"Our hope is that Haleigh is still alive and we will be able to return her to her family," Schauland says.

The family is beginning to move on, too. Camp sites set up a month ago are starting to be taken down. The mobile home that Haleigh was last seen in is also back open to the family and no longer is police tape keeping friends and neighbors at bay.

Ronald Cummings, Haleigh's father, has also proposed to his 17-year-old girlfriend Misty Croslin and plans to marry the teenager by week's end. The couple live together and Misty was watching Haleigh the night police believe the kindergartner was abducted.

Both Ronald Cummings and Croslin have faced several interviews from police, some using polygraph. The sheriff's office will not comment on the results of those polygraph tests, but Croslin and Cummings both assure reporters they passed and were telling the truth.

A reward fund for Haleigh's safe return and the arrest and conviction of an abductor is also growing. Today, that fund is $26,500, paid for largely by First Coast crime stoppers and anonymous donors.

The Justice Coalition is adding to that fund at a 2 p.m. news conference in Satsuma. The total amount has not been announced, but investigators hope by offering more reward money, and casting more attention on the case, more tips and information will flow and hopefully help crach the case.

Anyone with information about Haleigh Cummings' dispappearance or her whereabouts is urged to call Crime Stoppers at 1-888-277-TIPS.
http://wokv.com/localnews/2009/03/haleigh-search-hits-one-month.html

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #834 on: March 10, 2009, 12:22:10 PM »

would have loved to have seen another one of his academy award scenes with in down on one knee.  Baby will you marry me...... while the crowd applauded.  It is disgusting!
I'm glad I wasn't in the crowd at Chili's because I would not have been applauding, what a joke. And if that is true about people that may want to go into the mobile home, but can't without paying a fee, what's next? Happy proposal pictures going to the highest bidder? 
fatcatlurker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #835 on: March 10, 2009, 12:22:15 PM »

I didn't see the links that you all are talking about...anyone have them handy? sorry...but think that I need to see them if their faces are that telling...

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/local/news-article.aspx?storyid=133274&catid=3

thanks for the link....
hmmmm....Misty sure does look happy doesn't she? Ron, not so much...

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/video/default.aspx?mid=1057299769&provider=topVideo

Ron does not look unhappy to me.  He just like he does not want to deal with the media hence the cutting accross the grass to avoid them.  JMO
jules3699
Scared Monkey

« Reply #836 on: March 10, 2009, 12:22:41 PM »

It's been a full month since a nationwide search for Haleigh Cummings was launched. And despite more than 2,400 tips and dozens of ground searches, few clues have surfaced in the five-year-old Satsuma girl's dissapearance.

"We at this point have no idea where Haleigh is or what happened to her," Captain Dick Schauland with the Putnam County Sheriff's Office tells WOKV. "We believe that sooner or later the tip is going to come in or the piece of information is going to come in or perhaps an interview will reveal where Haleigh is and give us the information we need. We don't know where it is going to come from."

The visible police presence has scaled back in the small, rural fishing town of Satsuma. Many of the media trucks have also pulled away. But Schauland says investigators are working with as much energy today as they were when the search first launched on February 10.

Five Putnam County detectives are working full-time on Haleigh's case, as are FBI and FDLE field teams from Jacksonville.

"Our hope is that Haleigh is still alive and we will be able to return her to her family," Schauland says.

The family is beginning to move on, too. Camp sites set up a month ago are starting to be taken down. The mobile home that Haleigh was last seen in is also back open to the family and no longer is police tape keeping friends and neighbors at bay.

Ronald Cummings, Haleigh's father, has also proposed to his 17-year-old girlfriend Misty Croslin and plans to marry the teenager by week's end. The couple live together and Misty was watching Haleigh the night police believe the kindergartner was abducted.

Both Ronald Cummings and Croslin have faced several interviews from police, some using polygraph. The sheriff's office will not comment on the results of those polygraph tests, but Croslin and Cummings both assure reporters they passed and were telling the truth.

A reward fund for Haleigh's safe return and the arrest and conviction of an abductor is also growing. Today, that fund is $26,500, paid for largely by First Coast crime stoppers and anonymous donors.

The Justice Coalition is adding to that fund at a 2 p.m. news conference in Satsuma. The total amount has not been announced, but investigators hope by offering more reward money, and casting more attention on the case, more tips and information will flow and hopefully help crach the case.

Anyone with information about Haleigh Cummings' dispappearance or her whereabouts is urged to call Crime Stoppers at 1-888-277-TIPS.
http://wokv.com/localnews/2009/03/haleigh-search-hits-one-month.html

We can only hope and pray someone will PLEASE stop this circus by coming forward!  I was shocked by the anthony case and now this one is just as bad if not worse.

luckyday
Scared Monkey

« Reply #837 on: March 10, 2009, 12:23:46 PM »

Re: Haleigh Cummings 5 yrs old missing in Satsuma, Florida last seen 2/9/09 #5
« Reply #833 on: Today at 11:19:29 AM » Quote 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cummings/Croslin assure they have passed the poly's. However, LE has not stated that they have. Unless and until I hear LE say, "Yes, both Croslin/Cummings are clear and they are not suspects" my hinky meter is running at full steam. And IMO, no amount of reward money w/bring HL back. She is long gone at the hands of her father. Just my humble opinion.

Mark Twain:
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #838 on: March 10, 2009, 12:24:37 PM »

snipped from Brandi's post above: "They're going to have a small wedding for the time being, and when Haleigh comes home, they're going to have a big wedding at the church," said Annette Sykes, who is Cummings' paternal grandmother.

and my reply to this is ...how do they know that Haleigh won't be found before the small wedding? she could be found at any moment....the kid is not away at college or on vacation...the child is missing....hello???? any thought processing going on by anyone in this family???
WTF! just wait and have one wedding for pete's sake..!!
The only thought processing I see going on, is money, money and more money. IMO
Sieko
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #839 on: March 10, 2009, 12:24:53 PM »

I hope it was a better performance than his first interview.  "I'd give my life to have my child's life back"
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.