April 27, 2024, 05:43:36 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Haleigh Cummings #5 3/08/09 - 3/11/09  (Read 299456 times)
minnie
Scared Monkey

Jubilee

« Reply #1720 on: March 11, 2009, 04:32:50 PM »

Rana, this is the crossing

Isn't technology incredible?  Looks like a camera to me between the lights???

MM
rana
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1721 on: March 11, 2009, 04:35:15 PM »

Thank you, Sieko; You're so fast with the great screen shots. Smile

Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1722 on: March 11, 2009, 04:39:34 PM »

"That is true.  I was primarily thinking of the theory someone posted about Ron coming home in a rage and taking it out on Haleigh.  I think that would be kind of hard to hide."
That was me. I am sure LE has most of these ppl in their sights and are considering all possibilites. They have the evidence or lack of it and I am sure that they can do their job.
We will have to just sit and wait I guess.
I think one of the reasons for so much speculation is that LE has been so tight lipped.
I have been surprised in the past and if this is ever solved, we might all be taken aback.
Where did I read or hear that LE was moving from a search to an investigation.
I hope they go over every bit of info from the moment the first call was made.
There have been cases here defined as " cold cases" which are never solved or where the evidence is so slim arrests have never been made. It happens and I am not going to do the opinion thing any more as I get into too much trouble and then I get angry at myself.
Children can and have been taken from their beds at night by strangers. It is a frightening thought, isn't it ?   

TY for the info on this RSO and the fact that is was discussed. I was getting ready to email AMW.

GramaMonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1723 on: March 11, 2009, 04:43:01 PM »

Just going to post this pic that another poster had awhile back.

rana
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1724 on: March 11, 2009, 04:44:05 PM »

Isn't technology incredible?  Looks like a camera to me between the lights???

Yes, it is incredible. If it is a camera that would tell us plenty about the comings and goings right there at that spot.

Now if we only knew about the comings and goings by boat and on foot.... and by vehicles on other roads.

**sigh**

Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1725 on: March 11, 2009, 04:45:18 PM »

Also, haven't they said that several people saw Haleigh up to 5 or 6:00? I think they are mostly connected to Ron's side of the family but I think that there are: A/C repair guy, Misty's brother, 2 of Misty's nephews, gma and ggma (or maybe just ggma?)?

From what I understand, Ron was already gone for work when Haleigh was last seen. This leaves Misty the only known adult with the kids from 6-3 or so. In order for JR not to have seen something happen to Haleigh he would have had to be sleeping - in my opinion. So that leaves a window of 8:30 - 3 or so? That is not very much time to put together the perfect crime, in my opinion. A crime that means Haleigh was harmed, and her body disposed of with NO EVIDENCE. Plus, what motive would Misty have being a caretaker to Haleigh with all of the obvious loving family support? It just doesn't add up.

totally agree... and don't ya'll think the police and FBI know this too?

taking that all into consideration there are only so many possibilities remaining.

1. vaporization or de-materialization - nada. doesn't happen.

2. Misty has conned everyone and is even more diabolical than Casey Anthony. Jury is still out and I'm not leaning this way at all.

3. Unknown predator - most likely in my opinion.

+++

something has happened to Haleigh - but what?

The fact that the police and FBI have not said lock your doors, button down the hatches, close the chimney flue, and don't let the kids outta yer sight!! - does not mean that there is NOT a predator running around.

To avoid panic the police may not say those very things. At this point no one knows what happened to Haleigh other than Haleigh herself and the person responsible for whatever it is that has actually occurred.

Truth, Justice and the American Way.

+++

~ livin' the life I was born to live - givin' it all I've got to give ~
minnie
Scared Monkey

Jubilee

« Reply #1726 on: March 11, 2009, 04:46:17 PM »

"That is true.  I was primarily thinking of the theory someone posted about Ron coming home in a rage and taking it out on Haleigh.  I think that would be kind of hard to hide."
That was me. I am sure LE has most of these ppl in their sights and are considering all possibilites. They have the evidence or lack of it and I am sure that they can do their job.
I think one of the reasons for so much speculation is that LE has been so tight lipped.
I have been surprised in the past and if this is ever solved, we might all be taken aback.
There have been cases here defined as " cold cases" which are never solved or where the evidence is so slim arrests have never been made. It happens and I am not going to do the opinion thing any more as I get into too much trouble and then I get angry at myself.
Children can and have been taken from their beds at night by strangers. It is a frightening thought, isn't it ?   

TY for the info on this RSO and the fact that is was discussed. I was getting ready to email AMW.

The sickening thing to me is that this child is gone.  The dogs can hit on a body in the water, and in the ground and this hasn't happened.  This makes me think she is not anywhere around there.   

MM
rana
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1727 on: March 11, 2009, 04:47:40 PM »

Thanks for the bus stop and retention pond shots, GramaMonkey.  Smile

I didn't know there was a retention pond; or if I did, I had forgotten. Good catch. I guess they've serached that? I don't recall...... Anyone?

KYcat
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1728 on: March 11, 2009, 04:55:10 PM »

Does anyone know if they took the cadaver dogs into the trailer?  If Ron had come home and killed Haleigh accidently in a fit of rage, the dogs would have hit on it.  I just do not think this happened.

lilymarie
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1729 on: March 11, 2009, 04:55:19 PM »

Also, haven't they said that several people saw Haleigh up to 5 or 6:00? I think they are mostly connected to Ron's side of the family but I think that there are: A/C repair guy, Misty's brother, 2 of Misty's nephews, gma and ggma (or maybe just ggma?)?

From what I understand, Ron was already gone for work when Haleigh was last seen. This leaves Misty the only known adult with the kids from 6-3 or so. In order for JR not to have seen something happen to Haleigh he would have had to be sleeping - in my opinion. So that leaves a window of 8:30 - 3 or so? That is not very much time to put together the perfect crime, in my opinion. A crime that means Haleigh was harmed, and her body disposed of with NO EVIDENCE. Plus, what motive would Misty have being a caretaker to Haleigh with all of the obvious loving family support? It just doesn't add up.

taking that all into consideration there are only so many possibilities remaining.

2. Misty has conned everyone and is even more diabolical than Casey Anthony. Jury is still out and I'm not leaning this way at all.

+++

The fact that the police and FBI have not said lock your doors, button down the hatches, close the chimney flue, and don't let the kids outta yer sight!! - does not mean that there is NOT a predator running around.

To avoid panic the police may not say those very things. At this point no one knows what happened to Haleigh other than Haleigh herself and the person responsible for whatever it is that has actually occurred.

yep, yep, yep. Except now you got me thinkin' about #1. lol

I guess I have a problem with motive when it comes to Ron & Misty. I just don't see it. If Ron's family thought there was any problem with Misty they would have turned on her by now. I don't see any motive? I don't see someone close to her harming her in her sleep. I don't see these folks having the resources to completely erase any and all evidence in a short amount of time. I might be more inclined to be suspicious if Ron was there but he wasn't.

I don't like some of their decisions about tattoos, engagement/marriage, etc. But who knows how we might all look for ways to ease our pain under these circumstances?

What's so funny about Peace, Love & Understanding?
flamom
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1730 on: March 11, 2009, 04:57:14 PM »

Does anyone know if they took the cadaver dogs into the trailer?  If Ron had come home and killed Haleigh accidently in a fit of rage, the dogs would have hit on it.  I just do not think this happened.

I dont know KTcat.. I thought the dogs could only smell decomp.. a newly dead person wouldnt give off decomp that soon .. would they? anyone know?

If you can read this thank a teacher. If you're reading this in English thank a soldier..
lilymarie
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1731 on: March 11, 2009, 04:57:56 PM »

And I almost think that for Ron to attack her in a fit of rage - she would have to be awake and annoying him in some way? Not a sleeping baby. Plus, he would have just a very few minutes to dispose of all evidence and a body? There is just no way (IMO)

What's so funny about Peace, Love & Understanding?
rana
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1732 on: March 11, 2009, 04:59:50 PM »

It is frightening, Kat_Gram.

Does anyone know what the law is in Florida regarding what happens after someone is arrested? I mean, it's my understanding that, in general, an arrest usually starts a clock (of sorts - figure of speech) or a finite time frame that kicks into gear during which a DA or LE etc, have to "do" certain things.

Anyone know how that applies here?

GramaMonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1733 on: March 11, 2009, 05:00:05 PM »

Thanks for the bus stop and retention pond shots, GramaMonkey.  Smile

I didn't know there was a retention pond; or if I did, I had forgotten. Good catch. I guess they've serached that? I don't recall...... Anyone?

I don't recall which poster posted it.  I know there were some other address tossed around.  mmm.....like 217 Baker St.  not sure if it was 146 or 186 Tyler St., think that is where the SIL lived.....but I think the other was a S/O.
  Now just the other day hmmm Sat. nite, there was a couple of posters, were you one of them, that had came up with a S/O...was that the 217 Baker St...and they were going to call this tip in.  As it was not in the 5 mi. radius.

minnie
Scared Monkey

Jubilee

« Reply #1734 on: March 11, 2009, 05:01:54 PM »

I dont know KTcat.. I thought the dogs could only smell decomp.. a newly dead person wouldnt give off decomp that soon .. would they? anyone know?

According to a show I watched they had a cadaver dog and trainer on and she said that a dead body smells different that a live one.  So, that tells me it would not have to be decomp.  But, she also said that the cadaver dogs do not track live people.  So, I would think they would have to have both on the scene wouldn't you?

MM
Sieko
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1735 on: March 11, 2009, 05:02:58 PM »

Does anyone know what the law is in Florida regarding what happens after someone is arrested? I mean, it's my understanding that, in general, an arrest usually starts a clock (of sorts - figure of speech) or a finite time frame that kicks into gear during which a DA or LE etc, have to "do" certain things.

I heard this too.  Right for a speedy trial...or something?  Prosecution needs to make sure they have all their ducks in a row.

Hmmmm, did I recall prosecutors looking through the trailer?
rana
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1736 on: March 11, 2009, 05:03:56 PM »

It takes at least about two hours after death IIRC, flamom. The dogs hit on ptomaines called cadaverine and putrescine.

islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

HaLeigh~you are loved and in God's loving arms

« Reply #1737 on: March 11, 2009, 05:03:57 PM »

I agree, for instance if she were suffocated, there would be no evidence - and if they removed her immediately, their shouldn't be anything for a cadaver dog to pick up on that soon. Reminds me of LAci Peterson case, they belive she was either chocked or suffocated in her bed, then moved, now IIRC the blood hounds picked up her scent, but I don't recall the cadaver dogs picking it up at the home......amazing how quickly that went down with ZERO direct evidence.

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
rana
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1738 on: March 11, 2009, 05:06:57 PM »

I heard this too.  Right for a speedy trial...or something?  Prosecution needs to make sure they have all their ducks in a row.

Hmmmm, did I recall prosecutors looking through the trailer?

Thanks, Sieko. I take it then that b/c if they jump the gun the person can sometimes walk away.

I don't know who all examined the home before they released it.

GramaMonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1739 on: March 11, 2009, 05:09:26 PM »

+++

yep, yep, yep. Except now you got me thinkin' about #1. lol

I guess I have a problem with motive when it comes to Ron & Misty. I just don't see it. If Ron's family thought there was any problem with Misty they would have turned on her by now. I don't see any motive? I don't see someone close to her harming her in her sleep. I don't see these folks having the resources to completely erase any and all evidence in a short amount of time. I might be more inclined to be suspicious if Ron was there but he wasn't.

I don't like some of their decisions about tattoos, engagement/marriage, etc. But who knows how we might all look for ways to ease our pain under these circumstances?

I am replying to the part of your post that I put in RED.  Well, it all depends.  Let's see now...there are donations coming in to HELP THIS FAMILY...I would think that would be for food and everyday necessities, and let's not forget there are two families involved here, which should it should be divided equally among both. 

There is a family man, that has not worked now for one month.  I am sure there are some payments to be met.  Unless there was a large amount of money saved, one would think that the donated money would be put to good use.

Have sympathy, yes, for sure.  But, when you have other's that are sharing their hard earned money to feed these people, I do FIND IT VERY HARD TO ACCEPT some of the money being spent, even if it was from a donor.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.