April 19, 2024, 02:57:48 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MONKEY MUSINGS DAILY OPEN DISCUSSION #26 3/9/09 - 3/14/09  (Read 106939 times)
KCJackie
Monkey All Star

« Reply #100 on: March 09, 2009, 01:16:57 PM »

How about I will survive - Gloria
KCJackie
Monkey All Star

« Reply #101 on: March 09, 2009, 01:29:30 PM »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZBR2G-iI3-I&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/ZBR2G-iI3-I&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1</a>
mytime
Monkey All Star

« Reply #102 on: March 09, 2009, 02:11:58 PM »

You are guys are so sweet!!  Now, I am a singing monkey fool!!   
KCJackie
Monkey All Star

« Reply #103 on: March 09, 2009, 02:47:39 PM »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/nBFhvrAOFqY&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/nBFhvrAOFqY&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1</a>
mytime
Monkey All Star

« Reply #104 on: March 09, 2009, 02:54:58 PM »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/nBFhvrAOFqY&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/nBFhvrAOFqY&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1</a>

I think I am in love!!   
KCJackie
Monkey All Star

« Reply #105 on: March 09, 2009, 03:34:50 PM »

I think we must be in "Time Out" just you and me and zero guests!
Dolce
Monkey All Star

Del senno di poi ne son piene le fosse...

« Reply #106 on: March 09, 2009, 03:55:36 PM »

JuJu ~ I am a freelance designer.  Lately it has mostly been wedding gowns, but I do womens fashion.  My first show where I was headlining was to be the weekend of June 13th, but that was cutting it close given I am due the end of June.  I still was aiming to get it done, but after yesterday I have had to throw in that towel. There will be other years, so I am going to take it easy for now and continue with some sketches, and come back fresh maybe in the Fall or for next Spring.  I am cutting back being down at the store too, maybe only venture a few times a week, if even that.  I do have one wedding gown currently in production that I can not quit on, so that will be my focus for those times when I need to be productive.

Hope that splains it for ya!

JuJu
Monkey Junky

« Reply #107 on: March 09, 2009, 03:59:36 PM »

JuJu ~ I am a freelance designer.  Lately it has mostly been wedding gowns, but I do womens fashion.  My first show where I was headlining was to be the weekend of June 13th, but that was cutting it close given I am due the end of June.  I still was aiming to get it done, but after yesterday I have had to throw in that towel. There will be other years, so I am going to take it easy for now and continue with some sketches, and come back fresh maybe in the Fall or for next Spring.  I am cutting back being down at the store too, maybe only venture a few times a week, if even that.  I do have one wedding gown currently in production that I can not quit on, so that will be my focus for those times when I need to be productive.

wow, very interresting....so you have a store when you sell any of your designs?

Regrets, I've had a few......
Dolce
Monkey All Star

« Reply #108 on: March 09, 2009, 04:05:57 PM »

wow, very interresting....so you have a store when you sell any of your designs?
My Aunt owns a very large store down on 5th Avenue here in Naples, its very roomy with a loft and all.  I set up shop in the back of the store with my designs, sketch books, and photos of past designs sold.  Many of the woman who frequent her store come back for my advice in helping them put together outfits and also seek customized outfits for themselves.  Where I live here in Naples the women are very competitive in their "look" and always want to look best and not be duplicated...thats interesting at times.
My focus when I graduated was do live and design in NY, but I fell in love instead.  My husband calls it my hobby, we have a pool company that takes up his time and some of mine...although I have no clue what I am doin.  LOL

Mon Quixote
Scared Monkey

« Reply #109 on: March 09, 2009, 04:06:20 PM »

I know you've heard this but please take care of yourself and the babies.  I spent a week in the hospital with meningitis, listeria and encephalitis.  They weren't sure they could keep me from falling into a coma but they did and I'm very lucky to be alive.  I was home for a week, went for a follow-up and was put right back in to the hospital for bronchitis.  I'm considered high-risk anyway and my perinatologist was my attending but she had the the heads of Infectious Diseases and Neurology consulting the first time and worked with Pulmonology the second.  After 4 weeks I was finally released from bed rest but given another week off to continue regaining strength.  Imminent death is scary but wondering how the baby is after the antibiotics, antivirals and other stuff is scarier.  16 weeks to go and I just want to see the little girl to make sure she's ok, you know?

I'll be thinking of you on modified bed rest.  Be well.  Smile
Dolce
Monkey All Star

« Reply #110 on: March 09, 2009, 04:12:04 PM »

I know you've heard this but please take care of yourself and the babies.  I spent a week in the hospital with meningitis, listeria and encephalitis.  They weren't sure they could keep me from falling into a coma but they did and I'm very lucky to be alive.  I was home for a week, went for a follow-up and was put right back in to the hospital for bronchitis.  I'm considered high-risk anyway and my perinatologist was my attending but she had the the heads of Infectious Diseases and Neurology consulting the first time and worked with Pulmonology the second.  After 4 weeks I was finally released from bed rest but given another week off to continue regaining strength.  Imminent death is scary but wondering how the baby is after the antibiotics, antivirals and other stuff is scarier.  16 weeks to go and I just want to see the little girl to make sure she's ok, you know?

OMG Mon!  You poor thing!!!!  You stay in bed, dont move an inch.  I need to send my Mother your way.  I am doing what I was told, these 2 are liking to shift and the pain with that is like "hello thats my spleen!!"  LOL
I am so sorry that you have gone through all of that, and I will keep you in my prayers.  Stay strong and keep me posted.

Mon Quixote
Scared Monkey

« Reply #111 on: March 09, 2009, 04:22:22 PM »

OMG Mon!  You poor thing!!!!  You stay in bed, dont move an inch.  I need to send my Mother your way.  I am doing what I was told, these 2 are liking to shift and the pain with that is like "hello thats my spleen!!"  LOL
I am so sorry that you have gone through all of that, and I will keep you in my prayers.  Stay strong and keep me posted.

I feel for you!  LOL  My son was a model chld in utero.  He never kicked, his style was more tai chi - soft fluid movements and only every now and again.  Very quiet.  This latest model is a wiggler.  She likes to move around alot.  In the hospital they had to listen for her heartbeat 4 times a day and each time she's kick the wand, swim away from it or dig deep and disappear.  Her movement always made the nurses laugh.  Sometimes she has these bursts of energy that make it feel like she's gone spastic, and that's wild.  I simply can't imagine feeling the way I do in duplicate!!!   

I appreciate the prayers, can't ever have enough of those.  I am supposed to start moving around this week to get my strength and energy back but it's hard with an active toddler.  I can't wait to feel like my old self again!!!

I'm in Texas, but let me know if I can do anything for you!
Dolce
Monkey All Star

« Reply #112 on: March 09, 2009, 04:30:11 PM »

I feel for you!  LOL  My son was a model chld in utero.  He never kicked, his style was more tai chi - soft fluid movements and only every now and again.  Very quiet.  This latest model is a wiggler.  She likes to move around alot.  In the hospital they had to listen for her heartbeat 4 times a day and each time she's kick the wand, swim away from it or dig deep and disappear.  Her movement always made the nurses laugh.  Sometimes she has these bursts of energy that make it feel like she's gone spastic, and that's wild.  I simply can't imagine feeling the way I do in duplicate!!!   

I appreciate the prayers, can't ever have enough of those.  I am supposed to start moving around this week to get my strength and energy back but it's hard with an active toddler.  I can't wait to feel like my old self again!!!

I'm in Texas, but let me know if I can do anything for you!
How cute about your "latest model".  I am always touching my stomach these days sayin "Stop pickin on your sister".  Last week during Mass I let out an "OMG" out of no where a huge kick to my side.  My husband, who is on egg shells as it is, was like "What is it??" People were lookin at us all crazy.  LOL
You keep doing what the doctor is telling you to do, I am hoping to follow their instructions and stay away from them grounding me to the bed.  I can not live on icecream!  LOL  (That is all my husband can buy at the grociery store...)
You let me know if you need anything too!!!

Scarrlett
Monkey Junky Jr.

To Boldly Go Where No MAN Has Gone Before!

« Reply #113 on: March 09, 2009, 06:00:49 PM »

Nice to know you a bit better. Glad to see you up and in a good space.

Aren't Mother's wonderful blessings? To this day "we" hang out and I couldn't of gotten through any of it with out her. Well maybe I could but she makes it's so much easier.

If you take care of God's creatures; He will take care of you.
Dolce
Monkey All Star

« Reply #114 on: March 09, 2009, 06:40:45 PM »

Nice to know you a bit better. Glad to see you up and in a good space.

Aren't Mother's wonderful blessings? To this day "we" hang out and I couldn't of gotten through any of it with out her. Well maybe I could but she makes it's so much easier.
Thanks Scarrlett, and yes my mommy is one of my very best friends. (And she keeps the husband in line for me..LOL)

Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #115 on: March 09, 2009, 06:54:52 PM »

MyTime I was checking up to see how you are doing today? Just starting dinner here. You have been in my thoughts all day and are in my prayers. Hope all is well today and your feeling better. Take Care & God Bless
GE

GOD BLESS AMERICA
crazybabyborg
« Reply #116 on: March 09, 2009, 07:18:26 PM »

LATEST FASHION FOR HALLOWEEN

always 1
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #117 on: March 09, 2009, 07:53:45 PM »

You guys I need your help on something.  I told you about the incident in the store where the lady came over and looked through my bags .  Well, the store has called me back.  They have looked through their tape for that day.  They see me walking around and making my purchase but the part where the lady looks in my bag is not on film, nor do they know who she might be.  They have asked me what do I what from them to still be a happy customer!!!!!  Welll, I didnt want anything!!!  I wanted to go shopping!!!!  Tell me (please) what you would do..... TIA.

I am A1 because I am saucy!!!
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #118 on: March 09, 2009, 08:29:20 PM »

A-1 ~  When you told us about the incident at the store, you said "A store employee walks over to me.  She says (as she reaches into my bag) "I am just nosy, I like to see what people buy at this store".  I am SHOCKED!!!  AnANGRY!!!  I cant help it, I say "Are you kidding me????"  The lady waiting on me starts to apologize for the other lady.  I pay for my stuff and leave, but Im still mad!!!  When I get home, I call the store, they apoligize all over and offer me a $25.00 gift certificate.......

A couple of questions:

1.  What led you to believe the lady that reached in your bag was a store employee? 
2.  The lady waiting on you (which would be a store employee) started apologizing for the "other lady".  Did the lady waiting on you seem to recognize the "other lady" was an employee? 
3.  The store should know who is working where in the store and at what time.  The lady waiting on you should be able to supply some answers.
4.  How convenient there is no tape.  I am wondering if there is something hinky going on.  Like their loss prevention went over the top...  Your receipt would show the date/time and cashier. 
« Last Edit: March 09, 2009, 08:32:40 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
always 1
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #119 on: March 09, 2009, 08:30:32 PM »

A-1 ~  When you told us about the incident at the store, you said "A store employee walks over to me.  She says (as she reaches into my bag) "I am just nosy, I like to see what people buy at this store".  I am SHOCKED!!!  AnANGRY!!!  I cant help it, I say "Are you kidding me????"  The lady waiting on me starts to apologize for the other lady.  I pay for my stuff and leave, but Im still mad!!!  When I get home, I call the store, they apoligize all over and offer me a $25.00 gift certificate.......

A couple of questions:

1.  What led you to believe the lady that reached in your bag was a store employee? 
2.  The lady waiting on you (which would be a store employee) started apologizing for the "other lady".  Did the lady waiting on you seem to recognize the "other lady" was an employee? 

I am A1 because I am saucy!!!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.