April 30, 2024, 10:46:11 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Case Discussion #806 3/9/09 - 3/12/09  (Read 206086 times)
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #260 on: March 10, 2009, 12:36:58 PM »

No one drained that "pond" as it is not really even a pond but a storm sewer!

It just dries up like that when there is no rainfall.  All locals would know this, too.  Not a good place to hide anything.

Right!

I do believe it was CAPS who was telling SM that the pond was drained/was being drained.

Kyle was hearing that from someone as well - with contradictory (and correct) information from Silvetti.

Although - it appears Kyle was only hearing portions of the correct information from Silvetti.

He was and you can imagine how my posts stating it just dired up were received at the time!  Of course, I had to be the biggest of liars so as to discredit me and support a couple of favorite theories held by some.

But that did not change the facts of the matter that it just dries up and often, too, so why would any local use it for hiding I don't understand.

Also by Silvetti saying a search was being done by "others" do you suppose he was just going to take the word of those searching for Jose Tromp that there was nothing there and never really planned to do a search of his own?

That's confusing.

I agree - no local (Paulus) would be stupid enough to put anything in that pond - knowing it dries up regularly.

It was dry twice between June 2005 and Feb 2008 (that we know of).

I personally feel that Silvetti was at that pond at that time.  To actually search it?  Probably not.  The "by others" he told Kyle about, IMO, was likely himself.  And maybe a Monkey and his "witness"?

Remember Caps posted that he was going to fle down to Aruba so he may not be local enough to realize everybody knows it dries up from time to time or may not have known that himself.

Julia Renfro posted that she went out and looked at the dry storm sewer, LOL.  Maybe that was the search.

And Mos said that nothing in the "witness" statement connected Joran to the pond as he could have got his clothing wet anywhere.  Not the best of plans, IMO.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #261 on: March 10, 2009, 12:38:21 PM »

I continue to stand with the girl.
Lifesong
Monkey Junky

« Reply #262 on: March 10, 2009, 12:38:29 PM »

TexasMom has ALWAYS been AWESOME !!!

Thank you, Hotping!

"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use."  - Galileo
jen3560
Monkey Junky

« Reply #263 on: March 10, 2009, 12:38:51 PM »

Can someone take a stab at translating this?  It's in Papi

Letter to Prime Minister (Harbor)
February 2009

http://www.atiaruba.org/pdf/39Letter%20to%20Prime%20Minister%20Feb%2002,%202009.pdf

And these are in Dutch:

Attachments Letter to President of Parliament (Harbor)
December 2008

http://www.atiaruba.org/pdf/41Bijlagen%20Brief%20Fractievoorzitter%20December%209,%202008.pdf

Request Meeting with Minister T&T nr. 2 (Harbor)
December 2008

http://www.atiaruba.org/pdf/44Letter%20to%20Minister%20T&T%2011%20December,%202008.pdf

Letter to President of Parliament Nr.2 (Harbor)
December 2008

http://www.atiaruba.org/pdf/53Letter%20to%20President%20Parliament%2018%20dec,%202008.pdf
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #264 on: March 10, 2009, 12:40:51 PM »

Jen, I think when it says the project is "public tender" it means it is tax funded.  Apparently, bids are made in secret?

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

jen3560
Monkey Junky

« Reply #265 on: March 10, 2009, 12:42:33 PM »

Jen, I think when it says the project is "public tender" it means it is tax funded.  Apparently, bids are made in secret?

Mmmmm, I'd have to look at their website again - but I believe it detailed the differences between a public and a private tender of project bids for competitive purposes.
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #266 on: March 10, 2009, 12:49:04 PM »

Mmmmm, I'd have to look at their website again - but I believe it detailed
 the differences between a public and a private tender of project bids for competitive purposes.

I guess my thinking on that would be if a project is tax funded, it should be public bids as the taxpayers normally have the right to know how their money is being spent.

But then this is Aruba and so that may not apply.

PERSONA NON GRATA

nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #267 on: March 10, 2009, 12:51:24 PM »

the differences between a public and a private tender of project bids for competitive purposes.

I guess my thinking on that would be if a project is tax funded, it should be public bids as the taxpayers normally have the right to know how their money is being spent.

If Paulus was over "contracts" for Aruba, would that role be a clearinghouse or pass through for bid process as well?

Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #268 on: March 10, 2009, 12:51:53 PM »

PERSONA NON GRATA

jen3560
Monkey Junky

« Reply #269 on: March 10, 2009, 12:54:05 PM »

Here it is Anna - tell me what you think.

http://www.mtbs.nl/assignment/transaction_advisor_barcadera_port

Netherlands Antilles
2008-2009
mtbs was hired as a transaction advisor by the Ministry of Tourism and Transportation of Aruba to assist the Aruba government by implementing 4 port related investments. The investments concerned a cruise and container terminal, real estate and a free zone. Legal and PPP advise was provided and several strategic scenario's were developed of which the financial feasibility was assessed.
In the second phase mtbs is responsible for implementing the transaction through a competitive tender process.
hotping
Monkey Junky

All Prayers Will Be Answered in Time!

« Reply #270 on: March 10, 2009, 12:54:14 PM »

Thank you, Hotping!

In God We Trust!
Prayers Will Bring Natalee Home!
May 2010 Bring Natalee Home to Rest In Peace!
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #271 on: March 10, 2009, 12:56:50 PM »

I need to save that one Anna ! It's a goody!

I also realize Paulus is no longer over contracts but that's how we learned that role exists within the Aruban system, I didn't mean to imply he still is in that role.

Keepthefaith
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #272 on: March 10, 2009, 12:58:06 PM »

Thank you, Hotping!

Hotping.Your on a roll...I'm stayin outta your way..Next post 2000....

"A small body of determined spirits fired by an unquenchable faith in their mission can alter the course of history."

MOHANDAS GANDHI
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #273 on: March 10, 2009, 01:08:59 PM »

Jen, you are ten times more familiar with this sort of document than I am.  I just think the Aruban one should be public because of it being public authority/tax funded.  Sure seems rather secretive for a public authority, IMO.

Transaction (Public)
From the perspective of a public authority, the transaction proces involves determining and designing the transaction strategy, the preparation and execution of the tender process and the concession and contract negotiation with the private bidders. MTBS is highly experienced in supporting public authorities in all of these stages.

Due to mtbs' unique combination of sector expertise and experience in the maritime and transport sector and the high standard of our financial, transaction and PPP competences, we offer the highest quality service available to public authorities, not in the least because of our transaction advice experience for private clients.

Transaction (Private)
From the perspective of a private investor, a transaction matching the strategic goals of the company requires a sound  preparation and evaluation of the tender process, an optimal bidding strategy and a strong negotiation of the concession contract. MTBS is highly experienced in supporting private investors in all of these stages.

Due to mtbs' unique combination of sector expertise and experience in the maritime and transport sector and the high standard of our financial, transaction and PPP competences, we offer the highest quality service available to private investors, not in the least because of our transaction advice experience for public autorities.

Transaction Advisor Barcadera Port
Netherlands Antilles
2008-2009
mtbs was hired as a transaction advisor by the Ministry of Tourism and Transportation of Aruba to assist the Aruba government by implementing 4 port related investments. The investments concerned a cruise and container terminal, real estate and a free zone. Legal and PPP advise was provided and several strategic scenario's were developed of which the financial feasibility was assessed.
In the second phase mtbs is responsible for implementing the transaction through a competitive tender process.

http://www.mtbs.nl/assignment/transaction_advisor_barcadera_port

PERSONA NON GRATA

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #274 on: March 10, 2009, 01:12:32 PM »

Again wondering WHEN the meeting between Silvetti and ATA/AHATA (ie Breisen) took place........

jen ... I am curious about that too.  The ATA/AHATA have been part of the misinformation campaign from the getgo to distance Paulus and Joran from implication in the events that encompass the disappearance of Natalee Holloway and ... perserve the image of "One Happy Island".

What leads Dave Holloway to believe that this ministry would support any endeavor that just may reveal the truth encompassing the Aruban coverup that has prevented justice from prevailing for his daughter?  Mark Purcell?

Janet

++++++

jdsurveyor1 Newbie Posts: 11
John Silvetti, the Persistence and the Search for Natalee «
Reply #13 on: April 03, 2008, 07:52:13 PM »

The important thing is to raise funds. It will require corporate support as well as private donations. Dave and Beth have been doing a great job getting the word out and while I was on the island, Dave put me in contact with the head of the Hotel Association who is working on raising a sizeable amount. So many on the island are supporting our efforts as well as people from all over the world. The media really blew the cage out of proportion. Although the cage initially provided some moments of "what is in there", I warned all on board that none of this information was to leave the boat. It was very suspect that a cage of this size was found where it was on the seafloor relative to the coast. My feelings were this was highly unusual and probably had something to do with something, but not what we were after. It was decided that the cage would be investigated further by divers, however, it was designated as only a target of interest. The crew moved onto other targets.  Unfortunately, inexperience and frustration led to premature statements, including that we had found herI don't think anyone was more upset than I that this information came off the boat and caused the Holloway family more grief!

http://blogsfornatalee.com/forum/index.php?topic=8476.msg334979#msg334979

Beth Holloway
LOVING NATALEE

Page 158:
  The Aruban Tourism Authority (ATA), the Aruba Hotel and Tourism Association (AHATA), the Aruba Trade and Industry Association and a scattering of island officials establish the Strategic Communications Task Force to combat the negative media. And to combat us.

Beth Holloway
LOVING NATALEE

Page 194:
It's quiet in the room when i add, 'Oh, come on. Everyone knows there was a cover-up.' And to this, Jorge Pesquera, president and CEO of the Aruba Hotel and Tourism Association, shrugs his shoulders, nods in the affirmative, and says softly, 'Yes...yes there was'."

The Strategic Communications Task Force
June, 2005

Who We Are

The Strategic Communications Task Force is a working group established in Aruba to address the issues surrounding the disappearance of Natalee Holloway. The Task Force includes representatives from AHATA (Aruba Hotel and Tourism Association), ATA (Aruba Tourism Authority), business and government leaders

"The Strategic Communications Task Force’s goal is to stay abreast of all developments in the Natalee Holloway disappearance, verify if information given is truthful and bring forward the correct facts when necessary.  The Task Force also aims to inform the public and media whenever there is information that can be shared and monitor media coverage both locally and internationally in an effort to prevent and minimize any damage to the economic wellbeing of Aruba."

http://www.aruba.com/nholloway/taskforce.htm

Thursday, March 8, 2007
TASK FORCE FUELED NEGATIVE POSTINGS

http://nataleesfreebirds.blogspot.com/2007/03/task-force-fueled-negative-postings.html

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #275 on: March 10, 2009, 01:12:50 PM »

I need to save that one Anna ! It's a goody!

I also realize Paulus is no longer over contracts but that's how we learned that role exists within the Aruban system, I didn't mean to imply he still is in that role.

But don't you know he wishes he was still in charge with all these huge contracts being let for bid!

I wonder who writes the government contracts now?  In this case, it would seem the Spanish company is now in charge of all the port bidding.  Will they also be allowed to write the final contracts I wonder.

PERSONA NON GRATA

jen3560
Monkey Junky

« Reply #276 on: March 10, 2009, 01:13:40 PM »

Anna - you are correct, they list the Barcadera port as being a "public" transaction.

To my understanding, that also means that details of the transaction should be made public.

But..............who knows?
hotping
Monkey Junky

All Prayers Will Be Answered in Time!

« Reply #277 on: March 10, 2009, 01:13:47 PM »

Thank you, Hotping!

In God We Trust!
Prayers Will Bring Natalee Home!
May 2010 Bring Natalee Home to Rest In Peace!
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #278 on: March 10, 2009, 01:14:15 PM »

Thank you, Hotping!

jen3560
Monkey Junky

« Reply #279 on: March 10, 2009, 01:16:46 PM »

Janet - I'm just as baffled by that action of Dave's as you are. 

None - I would have to presume that the office Paulus once held would be the one to write up these contracts.  No clue who occupies that position at this point in time.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.