April 30, 2024, 05:26:54 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Case Discussion #806 3/9/09 - 3/12/09  (Read 205981 times)
hotping
Monkey Junky

All Prayers Will Be Answered in Time!

« Reply #920 on: March 12, 2009, 03:28:10 PM »

Superior Offshore mobilises for DHEW project
Projects and Operations - September 11, 2007

Superior Offshore International has announced that its subsidiary, Superior Offshore South Africa (PTY) Ltd, has mobilized for the Durban Harbor Entrance Widening & Deepening, or DHEW, project in Durban, South Africa.

The Dredging International/Group 5 consortium was awarded the DHEW project, with a planned completion date of March 2010.

Serving as a major subcontractor to the consortium, Superior Offshore will provide subsea demolition services and ongoing diving and marine support from construction barges.

With an estimated value of US$30 million, the three-year subcontract's scope of work includes the demolition and removal of various harbour structures.

"Superior's involvement with this project is indicative of our strong capabilities in marine civil works on the African continent," said Patrice Chemin, Chief Operating Officer for Superior Offshore. "We will continue to market ourselves to the civil works and subsea construction industries to develop these activities elsewhere in Africa and the Middle East."

http://www.oilpubs.com/v_oso/print.asp

Superior Endeavour resumes operations
Vessel & ROV News - September 7, 2007

Superior Offshore International in the US has announced that Superior Endeavour, a DP II vessel, has returned to work after a US$25 million upgrade.

"This state-of-the-art multi-purpose diving support vessel can now work on deepwater jobs anywhere in the world and will have an immediate impact on our bottom line," said Jim Mermis, president and chief executive officer of Superior Offshore International.

"Endeavour successfully completed sea trials following this significant upgrade and is currently mobilizing for Mariner Energy's Bass Lite Project in the Gulf of Mexico assisting with the installation of a new flowline into the Devil's Tower facility."

The vessel upgrades include:

•  Installation of a 12-man IMCA compliant integrated 1,000 foot/300 meter saturation diving system, including a hyperbaric rescue chamber and a three-man diving bell.
•  Installation of a 50-ton knuckle-boom crane.
•  A dynamic positioning system power management upgrade.
•  Overhaul of the main engines and ancillary machinery.
•  Refurbishment of all shipboard piping.
•  Installation of new generators and engines for the DP system.
•  Upgrade of the integrated 35-ton vessel pipe-davit system.
•  Installation of an IMCA compliant surface diving system.
•  Upgraded and increased accommodations to house 71 persons. •  Installation of client and project offices, with upgraded IT and worldwide communications systems.

Superior Offshore to acquire Ocean Flow
Company News - October 24, 2007

CNNMoney reports that Superior Offshore International in the US is to acquire Ocean Flow International for US$15 million in stock.

The deal is expected to close in the fourth quarter.

Superior said the acquisition will allow it to grow its deepwater construction, pipeline engineering and project management divisions.

In God We Trust!
Prayers Will Bring Natalee Home!
May 2010 Bring Natalee Home to Rest In Peace!
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #921 on: March 12, 2009, 03:56:52 PM »

OK ... the bell has run that implies that lunchtime is over.

There is work to be done.

Janet
1:00 PM PT

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #922 on: March 12, 2009, 04:08:02 PM »

I realize that this introduction/header ran in error but ... when you consider the words within there is something very deceitful about the spin ... the spin that Tim Miller was in charge of the Persistence undertaking.

Considering John Silvetti and Louis Schaefer are not mentioned ... it is obvious that these two men were taking a back seat in this production for a reason.

Janet

++++++

______

What Happened to Natalee Holloway?
Thursday 12 March 8:00AM HK/SIN/MAL 7:00AM Thai/WIB
Thursday 12 March 2:00PM HK/SIN/MAL 1:00PM Thai/WIB
Saturday 14 March 1:00PM HK/SIN/MAL 12:00PM Thai/WIB

In December of 2007, eight men from across the United States will set out on an extraordinary mission. On a specially equipped, multi-million dollar ship, they will travel to the deep waters off the island of Aruba. They are searching not for sunken treasure, but something far more valuable to them – a missing 18 year-old named Natalee Holloway.

The leader of the effort is Tim Miller, founder of Texas EquuSearch and the father of a 16 year- old girl who was kidnapped and murdered in 1984. Miller has now taken on the recovery of Natalee Holloway as a personal calling. Miller and Natalee Holloway’s father Dave Holloway, believe that Natalee was likely placed in a crab trap or a steel drum and dumped 3-5 miles offshore, which is where they will focus the search.

Miller has assembled a team of underwater engineering experts from Underwater Expeditions and will bring an arsenal of resources, including hi-tech sonar scanning equipment, underwater video and the help of the FBI and Dutch authorities. The team has but one goal: to bring Natalee home.

Kurtis Productions has been granted exclusive access to what will be the most extensive deep water search to date for Holloway’s body. In this documentary special, Bill Kurtis will join the search and document the recovery mission. He will also revisit Natalee Holloway’s disappearance and subsequent investigation to try and answer the questions on everyone’s mind – where is Natalee? And will her case ever be solved?

http://www.citvasia.com/detailssynopsis.aspx?libId=336&sId=168&sTime=1200

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #923 on: March 12, 2009, 04:10:21 PM »

Credit for the above printout of the introduction goes to Lifesong.  Even with my specs ... my 62 year old eyes would not be able to make out the words.

Thanks Lifesong

Janet

_____

Lifesong
Monkey Junky

« Reply #924 on: March 12, 2009, 04:10:46 PM »

Caesu - I just wanted to echo 2NJ with a Thank You.  The other day I mentioned linking your posts into the timeline, I hope I didn't say it wrong...

What I meant to say was that I think the material you are contributing is some of the most important - through your eyes we get a glimpse of the bigger picture at work and it is fascinating. 

I always looks forward to your posts, you have educated me more than you know!   

"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use."  - Galileo
Lifesong
Monkey Junky

« Reply #925 on: March 12, 2009, 04:13:25 PM »

Credit for the above printout of the introduction goes to Lifesong.  Even with my specs ... my 62 year old eyes would not be able to make out the words.

Thanks Lifesong

Janet

Even with my specs on and nose against the screen, I couldn't read it! 

You're very welcome, I'm glad to know it wasn't just me!

"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use."  - Galileo
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #926 on: March 12, 2009, 04:16:29 PM »

Thanks Lifesong

Janet

Even with my specs on and nose against the screen, I couldn't read it! 

You're very welcome, I'm glad to know it wasn't just me!

I cannot comprehend why a production company would put out an internet introduction to an upcoming program in a font that is impossible to read.

Janet

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #927 on: March 12, 2009, 04:20:22 PM »

It has been a few hours since Jen called the error to the attention of Kurtis Productions regarding the incorrect introduction and ... it still has not been edited.

Janet

+++++

_____

2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #928 on: March 12, 2009, 04:37:24 PM »

It has been a few hours since Jen called the error to the attention of Kurtis Productions regarding the incorrect introduction and ... it still has not been edited.

Janet

+++++

From my experience, web skins and/or text are done in a QA environment and then put live, later, but, again, that's just from my past experience, Janet.

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #929 on: March 12, 2009, 04:40:58 PM »

Janet

+++++

From my experience, web skins and/or text are done in a QA environment and then put live, later, but, again, that's just from my past experience, Janet.

I want to add that if the original stylesheet or text from September should have been used, then they might modify that with the new date & time.   That is if my recollection/experience can be considered at this point.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #930 on: March 12, 2009, 04:42:40 PM »

Janet

+++++

I doubt that they will edit it. 

The will of heaven be done in this and all things.
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #931 on: March 12, 2009, 04:43:44 PM »

I miss my job.  I loved it.  Too bad I was expendable.  Their loss....and yes, I am still bitter.   

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #932 on: March 12, 2009, 04:51:06 PM »

I miss my job.  I loved it.  Too bad I was expendable.  Their loss....and yes, I am still bitter.   

What did you do, 2NJ?

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #933 on: March 12, 2009, 04:55:07 PM »

Tap Tap Tap

While nothing is being discussed ... I want to share my good fortune.

When I took an early retirement a little over four years ago from the Telephone Company where I had been employed since graduation ... I received a substantial payout as well as a full retirement pension beginning immediately.  This package was offered on the condition that all other monetary claims against the Company would not be acknowledged.  I realized that the union had been fighting for a pay equity settlement for two years that would involve a sum being afforded to me if the battle was successful.  However ... I decided that package was a very good one and ... I signed the waiver on the dotted line and ... began a new phase of my life.

Anyways ... the union battle was won and ... I am about to receive a sizeable cheque.  It was determined by the union attorneys that the company could not withhold any monies "under duress".  Threatening to without my package if I did not not sign the waiver is apparently considered "duress".

The cheque will not be enough to allow me to run away from home and start a new life but ... it will more than cover the expenses for our trip to Disneyland in California with two of the grandkids this summer.

Janet

_____

2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #934 on: March 12, 2009, 04:58:26 PM »

What did you do, 2NJ?

I did what they called UAT (user acceptance testing) for web and IVR (interactive voice response) applications our clients bought.   I also did some QA (quality assurrance) testing with the big boys in IT.   This was all for new products or revisions to existing ones before they went live.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #935 on: March 12, 2009, 04:58:33 PM »

Tap Tap Tap

While nothing is being discussed ... I want to share my good fortune.

When I took an early retirement a little over four years ago from the Telephone Company where I had been employed since graduation ... I received a substantial payout as well as a full retirement pension beginning immediately.  This package was offered on the condition that all other monetary claims against the Company would not be acknowledged.  I realized that the union had been fighting for a pay equity settlement for two years that would involve a sum being afforded to me if the battle was successful.  However ... I decided that package was a very good one and ... I signed the waiver on the dotted line and ... began a new phase of my life.

Anyways ... the union battle was won and ... I am about to receive a sizeable cheque.  It was determined by the union attorneys that the company could not withhold any monies "under duress".  Threatening to without my package if I did not not sign the waiver is apparently considered "duress".

The cheque will not be enough to allow me to run away from home and start a new life but ... it will more than cover the expenses for our trip to Disneyland in California with two of the grandkids this summer.

Janet

Hooray for you, Janet!

Surprise money is always a wonderful thing!

Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #936 on: March 12, 2009, 05:01:33 PM »

What did you do, 2NJ?

I did what they called UAT (user acceptance testing) for web and IVR (interactive voice response) applications our clients bought.   I also did some QA (quality assurrance) testing with the big boys in IT.   This was all for new products or revisions to existing ones before they went live.

Sounds very interesting.....
Enjoy your retirement.  Like you said...it is their loss.

2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #937 on: March 12, 2009, 05:02:16 PM »

Sounds like you hit the jackpot, Janet.  Good for you!   I had no pension at my last employer, so there's no check in the mail for moi.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #938 on: March 12, 2009, 05:06:23 PM »

I never thought I would say it but ... at times I am somewhat jealous of us "oldies" who did not accept the severance package and are still working each day.  I really do miss my job which I loved.  The social aspect is also missed.

2NJSons_Mom ... have you been able to find other employment.  Sometimes ... happenings in our lives that are out of our control ... turn out to be blessings in disguise.

Janet

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #939 on: March 12, 2009, 05:16:22 PM »

Sounds like you hit the jackpot, Janet.  Good for you!   I had no pension at my last employer, so there's no check in the mail for moi.

2NJSons_Mom ... I was very fortunate.  One employer but several positions within the company over a span of 40 years.  I had 30 years senority.  The pay was good.  The conditions were good.  I quit for ten years while the two eldest were young but ... went back and ... evenutally had all my time bridged.

However ... the company needed to downsize when a monopoly was no longer where it was at.  Senority ruled.  Considering the company would rather keep the young ones who did not possess a monopoly mindset ... it meant bribing the employees with the most senority.

Janet

_____

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.