April 27, 2024, 10:18:54 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Haleigh Marie Cummings #6 3/11/09 - 3/14/09  (Read 588850 times)
Searching
Monkey Junky

Got my Anti Anthony Koolaid helmet on ,I'm ready!

« Reply #1020 on: March 13, 2009, 10:21:55 AM »

Not sure if posted but err..umm Misty walked out during questioning..not a good sign....

http://www.palatkadailynews.com/articles/2009/03/13/news/news01.txt

Couple again questioned by authorities

By Larry Sullivan
Published: Friday, March 13, 2009 1:35 AM EDT
Lawmen investigating the disappearance of Haleigh Cummings searched land along a nine-mile stretch of highway Thursday as the missing girl's father and his girlfriend got married.

The search and wedding came one day after detectives renewed their questioning of the pair, Ronald Cummings and Misty Croslin.

Croslin, 17, was caring for Haleigh when the 5-year-old girl vanished from Cummings' rented home in Satsuma more than a month ago.

A senior sheriff's official, asked by the Daily News if investigators were satisfied with results of the interviews of the couple, expressed concern about "inconsistencies" in Croslin's statements.

Investigators are focusing on the eight hours from when Haleigh was last seen - about 7 p.m. on Feb. 9 - and when she was reported missing the next day at 3:27 a.m., Maj. Gary Bowling said Thursday.

"Misty is the key to the investigation and we are trying to work through inconsistencies in her account of the critical time period," Bowling said.

Croslin ended her interview with detectives Wednesday and walked out during questioning, Bowling said.

Investigators also met with the 25-year-old Cummings, he said.

"We are satisfied with the interviews that we have had so far with Ronald, and his account of the eight hours in question," Bowling added.

Detectives are building a timeline including anyone who had contact with Haleigh during that time. Bowling described the repeated questioning sessions as a normal part of a major investigation.

"From the beginning, we have said that we will interview anyone, at anytime, as many times as need be, to get information that will help us find Haleigh," he said.

Bowling said investigators believe clearing up Croslin's inconsistent statements would help solve the disappearance.

Croslin declined to be interviewed when contacted Thursday by the Daily News.

"I would really appreciate it if you people would stop calling me," she said.

Meanwhile, Cummings and Croslin exchanged wedding vows at the home of Cummings' grandmother in Welaka about 4:30 p.m. Thursday.

The ceremony was filmed by a crew from "Today." The NBC program had arranged to fly the couple to New York City for an appearance on the program today and a weekend honeymoon.

They apparently became a couple after she worked as a babysitter of Haleigh and Ronald Junior a few months ago while Ronald Cummings worked nights at PDM Bridge Corp. in Palatka.

Haleigh's maternal grandmother said her daughter, Crystal Sheffield, had postponed her wedding plans until the young girl is found.

"I feel like they've got something to hide," Marie Griffis said. "Why are they getting married right now?"

Croslin called 911 early Feb. 10 to report Haleigh missing.

A sheriff's office report says the two children went to bed about 8 p.m. Feb. 9 and Croslin joined them about 10:30 p.m., but Haleigh was gone when Croslin got up at 3 a.m.

Haleigh's disappearance prompted a massive search.

On Thursday, 97 officers combed both sides of U.S. 17 starting about two miles from the Cummings home south to near the Crescent City Junior-Senior High School.

"The search is not the result of any information received, but is being conducted as one more step in the continuing search for Haleigh," sheriff's Capt. Dick Shauland said.

A portion of the area had been checked before, authorities said.

Agencies joining the Putnam County Sheriff's Office in Thursday's search include deputies from Clay, St. Johns, Bradford and Marion counties; plus the state Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission, state Department of Corrections, U.S. Coast Guard and cadets from the Jacksonville sheriff's academy.

Staff writer Kristin Chambers contributed to this report.

lsullivan@palatkadailynews.com
Now we know for sure that Misty doesn't have her story straight with LE either.  Thanks for the link, Searching.
Not a problem.. Whatever she knows,she needs to spill it already. I am tempted to go over to Satsuma and shake the truth out of her. This is not a time to play coy,a child is involved.

Searching, I would pay your airfare and expenses if you would do that......
Hahaha save the airfare for bailing me outta jail, I'm in Polk county Fl.. driving distance   

Gotcha covered on that my friend, I'll even drive from Escambia County to pick you up and bail you out

Hahaha don't tempt me like that,like dangling a carrot in front of a rabbit   

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1021 on: March 13, 2009, 10:23:36 AM »

since when has it been ok to walk out on a police officer who is questioning you? and picking who of the police force that you will or will not talk to? if an officer is giving me a speeding ticket and I don't like his tone, are you telling me that I can request a different police officer to issue the ticket cause I don't like the one who pulled me over and is doing his job? 
If you don't have anything to hide, what does it matter what the policeman is saying to you or implying? these 2 should be getting a lawyer soon...then they would be questioned with their lawyer present and he can intervene if he thinks that the questions asked are inappropriate...jmo

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1022 on: March 13, 2009, 10:24:28 AM »

A couple things that stood out for me in the MSNBC video.

1.  The church would not allow the wedding to take place there because they didn't condone it:

2.  When asked why her stories have changed Mistly looks around and I can't tell if she's looking at Ron or someone else, but then says "I don't know".  She just looked strange as though she was looking for someone else to tell her what to say.

Sieko
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1023 on: March 13, 2009, 10:26:29 AM »

since when has it been ok to walk out on a police officer who is questioning you? and picking who of the police force that you will or will not talk to? if an officer is giving me a speeding ticket and I don't like his tone, are you telling me that I can request a different police officer to issue the ticket cause I don't like the one who pulled me over and is doing his job? 
If you don't have anything to hide, what does it matter what the policeman is saying to you or implying? these 2 should be getting a lawyer soon...then they would be questioned with their lawyer present and he can intervene if he thinks that the questions asked are inappropriate...jmo
She can walk out while being questioned, I believe.  She hasn't been charged with anything yet and has a right to remain silent and/or consult with an attorney.  I don't think there is much they can do about it at this point.  I see more lawyers coming into the mix very soon.
fatcatlurker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1024 on: March 13, 2009, 10:26:34 AM »

I tend to think his smirks were directed to Crystal and Geraldo. Kinda saying Ya right Jr came up with that by himself.

Fatcat : I didn't see a landline in home. Probably didn't want extra bill with them both having cell phones

Yes, I agree that his anger has turned now to sacastic disbelief towards Geraldo and Crystal and how could it not IMO. 

I don't know how I would act in his shoes.  Anything I read of Ron, Misty, Crystal is purely my subjective observations and I try not to read to much into that.  But that spark in his eyes thru out the interview was damn hard for me to miss.  JMO

The phone is the only thing different I heard so far.  No landline I'll look thru a video of house again later.
littleone
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1025 on: March 13, 2009, 10:27:41 AM »

OMG~Things that stood out like a sore thumb to me:

1) Ron's church wouldn't marry them and don't support the union...

2) Police are concerned about the marriage in regards to spousal privilege

3) Ron and the "I was at work" line again

4) Misty's refusal to continue to talk with an officer who obviously suspects her if her told her she was lying (sounds like Casey...I'll talk to this one but not that one.

5) Another version of the story, in this one she called Ron after seeing the back door open and THEN noticed Haleigh was gone

6) Both stating they passed their poly, when even Mark Klaas said the best they will tell you is you did good and FBI stating that they don't tell them whether or not they've passed poly

7) Ron's inability to understand that police always scrutinize the parents first, and most, again Mark Klaas welcome this in order to clear them and find their child.

Cool Misty not being able to explain her inconsisitencies nor even attempted to

So many red flags

IM-
I might be wrong-but didn't I hear or read that you cant use the spousal privilege when it concerns a child?  I think that Misty might lawyer up after this-what do you think?

Warning: NEVER~and I mean NEVER try to keep a secret from Rob. He is SNOOPY and will find it in 30 seconds. (Someone could/should have told me)
ck4
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1026 on: March 13, 2009, 10:29:17 AM »

OK I am confused... It was a police officer she walked out on??? I thought it was a reporter??????
Oh My

If you don't like something change it; if you can't change it, change the way you think about it.
flamom
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1027 on: March 13, 2009, 10:29:50 AM »

Thank you littleone I respect you for your reply

If you can read this thank a teacher. If you're reading this in English thank a soldier..
fatcatlurker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1028 on: March 13, 2009, 10:29:59 AM »

Klaas I agree on Misty's response she actually looked sideways at Ron and I was thinking whaaattt?  He's not going to take of people everytime you are confronted with a question you don't like little girl.  She looked to me like she wanted him to defend her at that point.  JMO
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1029 on: March 13, 2009, 10:30:51 AM »

Klaas I agree on Misty's response she actually looked sideways at Ron and I was thinking whaaattt?  He's not going to take of people everytime you are confronted with a question you don't like little girl.  She looked to me like she wanted him to defend her at that point.  JMO

that is what I thought too FC...

flamom
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1030 on: March 13, 2009, 10:31:28 AM »

You are correct, spousal privilege does not appply in the case of harm to a child

If you can read this thank a teacher. If you're reading this in English thank a soldier..
GramaMonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1031 on: March 13, 2009, 10:33:37 AM »

I don't think I dreamt this, but remember reading about Ron being seen at a Convenience Store at approx 2AM, the morning Haleigh went missing.

Will try to find print of this.

yes this was discussed at great length on other sites.

Thanks, rana, but FCL has already responded. This was what I was reading. 

ck4
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1032 on: March 13, 2009, 10:36:25 AM »

I tend to think his smirks were directed to Crystal and Geraldo. Kinda saying Ya right Jr came up with that by himself.

Fatcat : I didn't see a landline in home. Probably didn't want extra bill with them both having cell phones

Yes, I agree that his anger has turned now to sacastic disbelief towards Geraldo and Crystal and how could it not IMO. 

I don't know how I would act in his shoes.  Anything I read of Ron, Misty, Crystal is purely my subjective observations and I try not to read to much into that.  But that spark in his eyes thru out the interview was damn hard for me to miss.  JMO

The phone is the only thing different I heard so far.  No landline I'll look thru a video of house again later.

I did notice him to be defensive during interview. He kept repeating it is no ones business about his private life. Maybe he does have guilt about the wedding. Sure would really like to know what his real motives are. I just don't buy Haleigh would of wanted this. I think Haleigh would want her daddy to find her.

If you don't like something change it; if you can't change it, change the way you think about it.
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

HaLeigh~you are loved and in God's loving arms

« Reply #1033 on: March 13, 2009, 10:38:40 AM »

OMG~Things that stood out like a sore thumb to me:

1) Ron's church wouldn't marry them and don't support the union...

2) Police are concerned about the marriage in regards to spousal privilege

3) Ron and the "I was at work" line again

4) Misty's refusal to continue to talk with an officer who obviously suspects her if her told her she was lying (sounds like Casey...I'll talk to this one but not that one.

5) Another version of the story, in this one she called Ron after seeing the back door open and THEN noticed Haleigh was gone

6) Both stating they passed their poly, when even Mark Klaas said the best they will tell you is you did good and FBI stating that they don't tell them whether or not they've passed poly

7) Ron's inability to understand that police always scrutinize the parents first, and most, again Mark Klaas welcome this in order to clear them and find their child.

Cool Misty not being able to explain her inconsisitencies nor even attempted to

So many red flags

IM-
I might be wrong-but didn't I hear or read that you cant use the spousal privilege when it concerns a child?  I think that Misty might lawyer up after this-what do you think?

Yes, we have pages and pages in this thread devoted to that very subject...but, it was the police officer stating this fact as a concern for him that raised yet another red flag, I'm all up on the law and the spousal privilege and the exceptions, not to mention that this happened before the marriage , SO WHY did LE even bring this up in the interview. I don't know about you, but it gave me pause.......

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
GramaMonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1034 on: March 13, 2009, 10:38:44 AM »

They have their...one line answers.  LE maybe putting a bit more pressure on her, and she is calling it ....RUDE.   A new LE / FBI questioning her with a new approach, which her....one liners....does not fit in for answers.

littleone
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1035 on: March 13, 2009, 10:39:25 AM »

Thanks, flamom!

Warning: NEVER~and I mean NEVER try to keep a secret from Rob. He is SNOOPY and will find it in 30 seconds. (Someone could/should have told me)
crazybabyborg
« Reply #1036 on: March 13, 2009, 10:40:00 AM »

Ron's wrong when he states that his personal life isn't anyone's business. Because his child is missing from his home, his actions and reactions to that fact are legitimate investigative interests. In the face of nothing else to go on, they are even more relied upon.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #1037 on: March 13, 2009, 10:41:05 AM »

Good Morning  I have a couple questions. I had to read back many pages, and admit I skimmed over some. Did I read correct that the Today Show filmed the wedding? If so, why I wonder? Misty walking out on questioning by LE, her right, but not a good idea. Very telling to me that the church didn't approve of the union, would like more explanation on that, though the church doesn't really have to, just curious. Would like to hear more on Ron in a store the night Haleigh went missing, I thought he was at work at that time? Honeymoon in NY, that's just not right on many levels.
Sieko
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1038 on: March 13, 2009, 10:41:34 AM »

I have a real hard time listening to the statement "Haleigh would have wanted this".

Lots of 5 year olds want chocolate for breakfast too.

What do 5 year olds know about the meaning of marriage?
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #1039 on: March 13, 2009, 10:43:03 AM »

Ron's wrong when he states that his personal life isn't anyone's business. Because his child is missing from his home, his actions and reactions to that fact are legitimate investigative interests. In the face of nothing else to go on, they are even more relied upon.
Totally agree. 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.