April 28, 2024, 10:44:48 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Haleigh Marie Cummings #6 3/11/09 - 3/14/09  (Read 588925 times)
fatcatlurker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1040 on: March 13, 2009, 10:44:04 AM »

I don't think I dreamt this, but remember reading about Ron being seen at a Convenience Store at approx 2AM, the morning Haleigh went missing.

Will try to find print of this.

yes this was discussed at great length on other sites.

Thanks, rana, but FCL has already responded. This was what I was reading. 

I think where ever I read this it was a store near his work, I want to say it was on ws, I see if I can find it.  I did find this from about the town tho;

Satsuma is a sparsely inhabited area of Putnam County northwest of Ocala National Forest, according to Wes Larson, president of the Putnam County Chamber of Commerce.

Larson said there's just one convenience-type store in the area and that many of the area's residents are retirees, along with smatterings of weekend vacationers and "regular working folks."
fatcatlurker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1041 on: March 13, 2009, 10:47:35 AM »

sorry here is the lin   khttp://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/state/orl-amberalert1109feb11,0,6960865.story;

about only 1 convenience store in town near Ron's home
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #1042 on: March 13, 2009, 10:48:50 AM »

sorry here is the lin   khttp://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/state/orl-amberalert1109feb11,0,6960865.story;

Thanks 
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

HaLeigh~you are loved and in God's loving arms

« Reply #1043 on: March 13, 2009, 10:48:59 AM »

Ron's wrong when he states that his personal life isn't anyone's business. Because his child is missing from his home, his actions and reactions to that fact are legitimate investigative interests. In the face of nothing else to go on, they are even more relied upon.

Thanks CBB~I totally agree, that's why most (even though it may be painful) welcome the scrutiny, anything to find their child...

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1044 on: March 13, 2009, 10:49:15 AM »

ron could have been on a break as well if he was at the convenience store...getting a snack or a Pepsi...does not seem strange to me...lots of folks run out on their breaks for this stuff...breaks are usually 15 minutes long right? maybe that is the only time that he was able to take his break?

Mudder
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1045 on: March 13, 2009, 10:50:15 AM »

I tend to think his smirks were directed to Crystal and Geraldo. Kinda saying Ya right Jr came up with that by himself.

Fatcat : I didn't see a landline in home. Probably didn't want extra bill with them both having cell phones

Yes, I agree that his anger has turned now to sacastic disbelief towards Geraldo and Crystal and how could it not IMO. 

I don't know how I would act in his shoes.  Anything I read of Ron, Misty, Crystal is purely my subjective observations and I try not to read to much into that.  But that spark in his eyes thru out the interview was damn hard for me to miss.  JMO

The phone is the only thing different I heard so far.  No landline I'll look thru a video of house again later.

I did notice him to be defensive during interview. He kept repeating it is no ones business about his private life. Maybe he does have guilt about the wedding. Sure would really like to know what his real motives are. I just don't buy Haleigh would of wanted this. I think Haleigh would want her daddy to find her.

I can't help but wonder how Haleigh is going to feel when she comes home, and finds out while she was going thru he77, her family was having a party.  I think what is being posted on the net, will be the least of the baby's problems.
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1046 on: March 13, 2009, 10:50:28 AM »

ron could have been on a break as well if he was at the convenience store...getting a snack or a Pepsi...does not seem strange to me...lots of folks run out on their breaks for this stuff...breaks are usually 15 minutes long right? maybe that is the only time that he was able to take his break?

add to the above...also, this could be a rumor too....we don't know for sure that ron was spotted there and I am sure that the LE know about this...

islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1047 on: March 13, 2009, 10:53:58 AM »

Not sure if posted but err..umm Misty walked out during questioning..not a good sign....

http://www.palatkadailynews.com/articles/2009/03/13/news/news01.txt

Couple again questioned by authorities

By Larry Sullivan
Published: Friday, March 13, 2009 1:35 AM EDT
Lawmen investigating the disappearance of Haleigh Cummings searched land along a nine-mile stretch of highway Thursday as the missing girl's father and his girlfriend got married.

The search and wedding came one day after detectives renewed their questioning of the pair, Ronald Cummings and Misty Croslin.

Croslin, 17, was caring for Haleigh when the 5-year-old girl vanished from Cummings' rented home in Satsuma more than a month ago.

A senior sheriff's official, asked by the Daily News if investigators were satisfied with results of the interviews of the couple, expressed concern about "inconsistencies" in Croslin's statements.

Investigators are focusing on the eight hours from when Haleigh was last seen - about 7 p.m. on Feb. 9 - and when she was reported missing the next day at 3:27 a.m., Maj. Gary Bowling said Thursday.

"Misty is the key to the investigation and we are trying to work through inconsistencies in her account of the critical time period," Bowling said.

Croslin ended her interview with detectives Wednesday and walked out during questioning, Bowling said.

Investigators also met with the 25-year-old Cummings, he said.

"We are satisfied with the interviews that we have had so far with Ronald, and his account of the eight hours in question," Bowling added.

Detectives are building a timeline including anyone who had contact with Haleigh during that time. Bowling described the repeated questioning sessions as a normal part of a major investigation.

"From the beginning, we have said that we will interview anyone, at anytime, as many times as need be, to get information that will help us find Haleigh," he said.

Bowling said investigators believe clearing up Croslin's inconsistent statements would help solve the disappearance.

Croslin declined to be interviewed when contacted Thursday by the Daily News.

"I would really appreciate it if you people would stop calling me," she said.

Meanwhile, Cummings and Croslin exchanged wedding vows at the home of Cummings' grandmother in Welaka about 4:30 p.m. Thursday.

The ceremony was filmed by a crew from "Today." The NBC program had arranged to fly the couple to New York City for an appearance on the program today and a weekend honeymoon.

They apparently became a couple after she worked as a babysitter of Haleigh and Ronald Junior a few months ago while Ronald Cummings worked nights at PDM Bridge Corp. in Palatka.

Haleigh's maternal grandmother said her daughter, Crystal Sheffield, had postponed her wedding plans until the young girl is found.

"I feel like they've got something to hide," Marie Griffis said. "Why are they getting married right now?"

Croslin called 911 early Feb. 10 to report Haleigh missing.

A sheriff's office report says the two children went to bed about 8 p.m. Feb. 9 and Croslin joined them about 10:30 p.m., but Haleigh was gone when Croslin got up at 3 a.m.

Haleigh's disappearance prompted a massive search.

On Thursday, 97 officers combed both sides of U.S. 17 starting about two miles from the Cummings home south to near the Crescent City Junior-Senior High School.

"The search is not the result of any information received, but is being conducted as one more step in the continuing search for Haleigh," sheriff's Capt. Dick Shauland said.

A portion of the area had been checked before, authorities said.

Agencies joining the Putnam County Sheriff's Office in Thursday's search include deputies from Clay, St. Johns, Bradford and Marion counties; plus the state Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission, state Department of Corrections, U.S. Coast Guard and cadets from the Jacksonville sheriff's academy.

Staff writer Kristin Chambers contributed to this report.

lsullivan@palatkadailynews.com
Now we know for sure that Misty doesn't have her story straight with LE either.  Thanks for the link, Searching.
Not a problem.. Whatever she knows,she needs to spill it already. I am tempted to go over to Satsuma and shake the truth out of her. This is not a time to play coy,a child is involved.

Searching, I would pay your airfare and expenses if you would do that......
Hahaha save the airfare for bailing me outta jail, I'm in Polk county Fl.. driving distance   

Gotcha covered on that my friend, I'll even drive from Escambia County to pick you up and bail you out

Hahaha don't tempt me like that,like dangling a carrot in front of a rabbit   

Ok~no more tempting

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1048 on: March 13, 2009, 10:56:03 AM »

OK I am confused... It was a police officer she walked out on??? I thought it was a reporter??????
Oh My

No~It was during an LE interview Wednesday night, she and Ron were questioned again when she felt interrogated, so she walked out.

[
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1049 on: March 13, 2009, 11:02:34 AM »

How long is this paid for by the Today Show honeymoon going to last? Next thing is how much money has been made off of this wedding and Today Show performance? 
fatcatlurker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1050 on: March 13, 2009, 11:07:55 AM »

I tend to think his smirks were directed to Crystal and Geraldo. Kinda saying Ya right Jr came up with that by himself.

Fatcat : I didn't see a landline in home. Probably didn't want extra bill with them both having cell phones

Yes, I agree that his anger has turned now to sacastic disbelief towards Geraldo and Crystal and how could it not IMO. 

I don't know how I would act in his shoes.  Anything I read of Ron, Misty, Crystal is purely my subjective observations and I try not to read to much into that.  But that spark in his eyes thru out the interview was damn hard for me to miss.  JMO

The phone is the only thing different I heard so far.  No landline I'll look thru a video of house again later.

I did notice him to be defensive during interview. He kept repeating it is no ones business about his private life. Maybe he does have guilt about the wedding. Sure would really like to know what his real motives are. I just don't buy Haleigh would of wanted this. I think Haleigh would want her daddy to find her.

I think Ron & Misty got married due to the charges that may follow if the case goes cold.  I hate to say it but just "tyin up loose ends".  JMO
GramaMonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1051 on: March 13, 2009, 11:16:01 AM »

Ron's wrong when he states that his personal life isn't anyone's business. Because his child is missing from his home, his actions and reactions to that fact are legitimate investigative interests. In the face of nothing else to go on, they are even more relied upon.
Totally agree. 

But...isn't his PERSONAL LIFE...benefiting from these DONATIONS?? 

He hasn't worked in over a month. 

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1052 on: March 13, 2009, 11:16:18 AM »

It would be nice if Misty could get that blanket story straight. 
fatcatlurker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1053 on: March 13, 2009, 11:16:56 AM »

I'm curious to know see what happens when this comes out and how it will go down;

GRACE: Well, a couple of points, Miss Picazio, and believe me, I know you are a well-respected member of the bar. But I find it ironic that now is the time when the bio mom is trying to arrange all of her media requests, that she suddenly decides that Haleigh had been in a bad environment.

She`s certainly known all along who the father is dating and according to the judge in your client`s custody case, the mother, your client, did not have a job. The father did. Haleigh missed a total that we know of 12 doctor`s appointments while living with the mother.

Now maybe there`s an explanation for that, but I know the child has Turner syndrome and the mother not only didn`t have a job, but didn`t take the child to the doctor. It`s not like she was working all day and couldn`t make time to take the child to the doctor. I don`t understand that.

PICAZIO: Well, there`s also -- we have to look into the father`s history of taking the child to the doctor. Haleigh was never a child who was well. She had chronic pneumonia and bronchial problems and the father would often leave the children to a teenager who he was living with to drive this child to the doctor on a weekly basis.

GRACE: Why do you speak of Haleigh -- why do you speak of Haleigh in the past tense? I notice that you said Haleigh was a child with a lot of physical problems.

PICAZIO: Because she doesn`t have those physical problems anymore.

GRACE: OK, with me, everyone, Kim Picazio, attorney newly hired, attorney newly retained for Haleigh`s biological mother.

ME: Where does NG get her info about 12 drs appt's and when did Haleigh get well enough, at what point, where so many dr's appt's were no longer required?  Interesting but it will all come out in the end I'm sure. 
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1054 on: March 13, 2009, 11:17:52 AM »

Totally agree. 

Yes, and don't forget because he hasn't worked in over a month, that is why he now had time for a marriage to Misty. 
GramaMonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1055 on: March 13, 2009, 11:25:18 AM »

Thanks, FCL ~  I don't want to keep harping 'bout this, but I also had read that many of the workers go to this conv. store from work.  Now comparing the distance from where Ron works, to his home and there is only one Conv. store...just a comment that I found did not quite fit into this. I am sure LE has this under raps, if any significant truth to it, and has been checked out as well. I am sure there are stores of this type in Palatka.  I rest at this point!

islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1056 on: March 13, 2009, 11:34:52 AM »

Totally agree. 

Yes, and don't forget because he hasn't worked in over a month, that is why he now had time for a marriage to Misty. 

Oh yes, -----as the church lady would say "how convenient" 

[
jules3699
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1057 on: March 13, 2009, 11:36:41 AM »

A couple things that stood out for me in the MSNBC video.

1.  The church would not allow the wedding to take place there because they didn't condone it:

2.  When asked why her stories have changed Mistly looks around and I can't tell if she's looking at Ron or someone else, but then says "I don't know".  She just looked strange as though she was looking for someone else to tell her what to say.

I noticed that too...my first thought was she is looking to ronald to explain it for her.

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1058 on: March 13, 2009, 11:38:37 AM »

Fat cat...I heard that interview with NG and the lawyer...
definitely sounds like Haleigh even though loved by both parents, was not a priority? Who would miss necessary doctor appointments for a sick child? I know as a grand parent of a 5 yr old grand daughter, I am on top of every aspect of her life...couldn't the grand parents take her to the doctor if the parents were unwilling for what ever flimsy reason? I would say to my son, look, you all are busy, tell me when the doctor appointments are and I will take her to help you out...
I don't understand any of this anymore...so sad...

GramaMonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1059 on: March 13, 2009, 11:38:43 AM »

Sorry, if this has already been posted.  Does anyone know anything about this spokesperson??

Haleigh's Mother Obtains a Spokesperson and Seeks an Attorney
Posted By: Jessica Clark     Created: 3/10/2009 6:43:05 PM    Updated: 3/11/2009 8:58:31 AM

SATSUMA, FL -- Haleigh's mother's side of the family has asked a spokesperson to help them.

Wayanne Kruger from Arizona has come to Satsuma, Florida to help Crystal Sheffield, Haleigh's mother, while the search for the missing five year old continues.

Kruger told First Coast News Sheffield's mother, Marie Griffis, sought her out.

Kruger said she will help the family find a home in Putnam County. All of them live in Baker County. Kruger will also speak on their behalf and help them find an attorney.

Griffis said she wanted a spokesperson because she did not know how to handle the media.

Kruger said her young daughter was molested by her godfather in the early 1990's.

Since then, she has helped many families in the middle of child abuse cases and thought she could help Sheffield, even though it's a child abduction case.

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/new...e.aspx?storyid=133403&catid=3

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.