April 27, 2024, 06:25:02 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Haleigh Marie Cummings #6 3/11/09 - 3/14/09  (Read 588830 times)
luckyday
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1360 on: March 13, 2009, 07:50:20 PM »

I sure hope this was nothing stupid like Misty taking Haleigh and holding it over Ron's head just so he would marry her.  Trying to think outside of the realm of normalcy.
I don't think Ron can be coerced like that. I could be wrong, but I just don't see it. I feel she is scared to death of him.

Rana: I got what you meant re: attire and shades. It was a no-brainer IMHO.

Mark Twain:
Always tell the truth. That way, you don't have to remember what you said.
lady
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1361 on: March 13, 2009, 07:50:39 PM »

I read Ron was going to buy a house.  If that's true if he and Misty divorce wouldn't she be entitled to half the value?  The body language screams he was not happy getting married.
We have heard Misty's mother go on national television to say "They have always asked me to let them get married, so I figured I would this time" or something like that.
According to my husband, the only reason a guy of that age would ever say to a girl of that age, "I want to marry you" would be to keep getting the ... um.. "goodies". 
Husband thinks the only reason he would have married her is if there was an altimatum involved or something she was holding over his head.  Husband also thinks that Ron looks like a drug dealer, not thinking that he nessessarily hurt Haleigh.
I agree with him (which is why I posted it) and I think that she was probably taken due to some sort of drug related activity gone arry  (given Ron's first statement "Someone has stolen my daughter...I don't care I will shoot them through the window of the cop car")
IMO... I agree there is an altimatum.. Im sure we will see it soon..My children love my bf we been together almost 3 years and they have said about me marrying him..but thats my decision n not theres.When or if im ready they will be the first to know... I dont do things just cuz my children want me to.. I find that statement ridiculous..IMO
rana
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1362 on: March 13, 2009, 07:50:56 PM »

Has anyone thought that the reason for the marriage might be that Misty is pregnant?  With all the national attention I'm sure that Ron's mother would push for this union. 

I personally ruled that out for one reason:

She would not have had to get parental permission to marry under the age of 18 IF she were pregnant.

And she got permission.

Good catch Brandi   !!!

I agree, Mizjay, excellent catch on that little nugget of info, Brandi!

Jerseygirl345
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1363 on: March 13, 2009, 07:54:03 PM »

Rons job.. Also looking for any work they have been doing in the area on repairing or building new bridges....

PALATKA, FL -- Inside a large industrial plant in Palatka, welders and other employees are usually busy building parts for bridges.

However, now they're working on something different.

Donning a hard hat and safety goggles, Baxter Lightkep said, "For me it's a change of pace. I've been out here building bridges so long, it's just something new to do."

Lightkep is one of dozens of employees at PDM Bridge working on seven girders for NASA's new launch pad.

The girders made in Palatka will make up the bottom platform that the new Ares rockets will sit on. NASA is set to retire its three space shuttles in 2010.

Each girder being constructed is massive. Some are 150 feet long, 25 feet deep, and 200 tons.

"Usually we're running five days a week," Lightkep said. "We've picked it up to seven days a week, 24 hours a day. So we picked up a lot to try to get it done on time."

The deadline is January 30th. However, according to Plant Manager Ben Bristol, due to sketch and material delays, PDM Bridge started the project about a month later than they planned.

Nevertheless, the work is welcomed.

"The road and bridge program in the southeast part of the country has slowed down over the past year," Bristol said, "so this has been good work to fill the voids...where we would have slowed down production."

Bristol said PDM Bridge in Palatka was tapped for this project for two reasons. First, he said it has a larger floor space than most fabricators in the area. Secondly, it has access to the St. Johns River.

When the girders are finished, they will be shipped on a barge to the Space Center.

But before sparks fly from the Ares rockets, sparks are flying around the clock at this Palatka business. Lightkep is proud to be a part of it.

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/space/news-article.aspx?storyid=126215&catid=36

Just thinking and talking to myself outloud...

Apparently Job does the work onsite... PDM Bridge makes sections for major bridges..
minnie
Scared Monkey

Jubilee

« Reply #1364 on: March 13, 2009, 07:55:21 PM »

WDBO Local News      
Haleigh Cummings' dad and stepmom appear on national TV
By Marva Hinton @ March 13, 2009 11:31 AM

It's been over a month since Haleigh Cummings disappeared from her home in Satsuma. The girl's dad and his new bride appeared on the Today Show Friday morning. The national TV appearance came a day after the two were married.

Ronald Cummings and 17-year-old Misty Croslin, who's pictured at right, both said they don't believe deputies view Misty as a suspect in Haleigh's disappearance. The teen also said she walked out during a recent police interview because a new deputy on the case was rude to her.

"He was just like yelling and pretty much telling me I'm a liar," she said.

Deputies have pointed out inconsistencies in the teen's story, and she was asked about that during the interview with the Today Show's Meredith Vieira.

"Why did you say one thing one time and one time the other?" asked Vieira.

"Um, I don't know," said Misty after a long pause.

But Ronald says he believes her account of what happened the night five-year-old Haleigh disappeared. She told deputies she put the child to bed around 9:00 on the night of February 9, and when she woke up around 3:00 the next morning, the child was gone and the door of the family's trailer was propped open.

Ronald also stressed that the only reason he came on the show was to get the focus back on his missing daughter.

<http://wdbo.com/localnews/2009/03/haleigh-cummings-dad-and-stepm.html>

Note the red 9:00

See how media make mistakes, all the time. Very frustrating.

It IS frustrating, Brandi!  The mistakes that the media themselves make.  It was um NG, I believe, perhaps JVM tho, (one of those two), who was interviewing Crystal one day.  Asking her about the lie detector tests.  We sat here and heard Crystal herself, right then, answer something to the effect that she thought so but they hadn't said.  NG or JVM turned right to the camera and said something like 'ok, we've just heard that Crystal the bio mom has passed the lie detector test.  ????????  I was like, ermmmmm nooooooo that's NOT what we just heard her say!  Soooo frustrating when they do stuff like that. 

I am going off topic, but the news media did the same thing during the presidential election.  I'm just saying.  No one has to comment because that is another show.  Just commenting on how the media screws things up.  They are only out for sensationalism. 

MM
rana
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1365 on: March 13, 2009, 07:56:00 PM »

Rana, just have to say... The rundown you posted earlier on what we know so far in this case, and questions as well.. Wow, awesome job!!  Thanks so much!   

Thanks, Wyks; It needs some tweaking  Smile

k8
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1366 on: March 13, 2009, 07:57:04 PM »

I'm just catching up and thinking about the g'ma saying something was always with Haleigh.  I remember hearing she had to have some medication for Turners Syndrome.  Could she have worn a bracelet or dog tag like diabetic's do for that or possibly a food or drug allergy?  Sorry if someone already mentioned it.
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1367 on: March 13, 2009, 08:06:47 PM »

Hot off the press: (just made)

Man, I so hope she is alive and will be returned home soon!

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1368 on: March 13, 2009, 08:06:47 PM »

I also found this odd:

During the Today Show interview, Ronald said:

“That’s still drawing the focus off of Haleigh,” he said. “We need to be focused on Haleigh and not what I’m doing in my personal life … It’s nobody’s business what I do in my personal life. I go to work. I support my family. I don’t know what my personal life has to do with national TV. My daughter’s missing. That’s what has to do with national TV. We need to get her found.”

Not, I went to work, or I used to work. But the present tense.

Does he still work?

I don't think so, Brandi.  Last I heard, tho it could be rumor again,    is that he lost his job.  We do know for sure tho, as it's been reported, that Ron hasn't been to work at all this past month.  His co-workers have reportedly given up their vaca and sick leave so he could stay home and handle stuff. 

Then perhaps he should have said, "I have worked and supported my family."

JMO.

Thanks for your reply, Wyks. I assume no one else replied, because we are not sure of his employment status at this time.

You're welcome!  Yeppers, I agree, he could have worded it differently.  Might have been referring to his work ethic, 'I work, support my family'.. Rather than meaning what he has specifically done in this past month, per se.  Could have been.  IMO

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
rana
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1369 on: March 13, 2009, 08:07:41 PM »

Rana, just have to say... The rundown you posted earlier on what we know so far in this case, and questions as well.. Wow, awesome job!!  Thanks so much!   

can you tell me where to find this...trying to catch up

Hey, JuJu, it's a ranty rant rundown of sorts for "Day One" of this case. ("Day One" /Cindy Anthony)  Smile

It's at the bottom of p 48 - give or take.

Do feel free to add to it or tweak/correct it. I was just throwing it out there and I do want any input and comments.

luckyday
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1370 on: March 13, 2009, 08:08:47 PM »

Attorney Claims Physical Abuse In Haleigh's Home
Family Denies Allegation As Haleigh's Dad Gets Married
POSTED: 10:55 am EDT March 12, 2009
UPDATED: 5:20 pm EDT March 13, 2009

SATSUMA, Fla. -- An attorney for Haleigh Cummings' mother said Friday that she has received allegations of abuse in the missing 5-year-old's father's house.

"There is credible evidence of physical abuse of the children...in Ronald Cummings' household," attorney Kim Picazio claimed in an interview WESH 2 News.

She represents Haleigh's biological mother, Crystal Sheffield.

Wedding Video | Watch The Story

Haleigh lived with Cummings, her biological father, and 17-year-old Misty Croslin. Cummings and Croslin got married on Thursday, a month after Haleigh disappeared from their Satsuma home.

The Cummings family has denied any abuse occurred.

Picazio said she has talked with the Putnam County victim's advocate about the evidence she has received about Haleigh and her brother, Ronald Jr. An attempt to get a comment from the Florida Department of Children & Families was unsuccessful on Friday.

Cummings, 25, married Croslin in a private ceremony on Thursday and then appeared on NBC's Today Show in New York City on Friday. The couple was married in front of 20 guests in Cummings' grandmother's back yard.

The couple had hoped to marry at their Baptist church in near San Mateo, but the church refused. So they contacted two notaries to make the ceremony legal.

Cummings' mother told WESH 2 News that they're having the wedding now because they didn't have time before.

The couple hopes Haleigh will soon be found so they can all celebrate their wedding together.

"When she comes home, she will have Misty for her mommy, and that's what we want to give her," Cummings' mother said.

Cummings and his new bride don't have honeymoon planned yet, but Thursday night they traveled to New York City.

Cummings asked Croslin to marry him on Sunday night at Chili's in Palatka. Croslin was sleeping in the home she shared with Cummings on the night Haleigh disappeared one month ago.

The sheriff's office said Thursday's search "is not the result of information received, but is being conducted as one more step in the continuing search for Haleigh."

Mark Twain:
minnie
Scared Monkey

Jubilee

« Reply #1371 on: March 13, 2009, 08:09:05 PM »

Bill O'Reily is going to be talking about the case.  He is on now.

MM
luckyday
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1372 on: March 13, 2009, 08:09:22 PM »

meant to add to my post, read the comments at the bottom!!!

Mark Twain:
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1373 on: March 13, 2009, 08:11:03 PM »

I'm just catching up and thinking about the g'ma saying something was always with Haleigh.  I remember hearing she had to have some medication for Turners Syndrome.  Could she have worn a bracelet or dog tag like diabetic's do for that or possibly a food or drug allergy?  Sorry if someone already mentioned it.

Hello and welcome to Scared Monkeys K8

That's an interesting thought k8, but not sure I've seen Haleigh wearing something like that in any of the photos posted. 

Good evening monks 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #1374 on: March 13, 2009, 08:11:15 PM »

That is very lovely Brandi 
rana
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1375 on: March 13, 2009, 08:11:58 PM »

I am still thinking about The Today Show interview. If Ron thought by flying to NY and going on the show would help in the search to find Haleigh, I must loudly beg to differ.

What he has done is make himself look guiltier than he did before, and his new bride looked like a complete idiot, but then again this  ::MonkeyConfused::MOO.

I know right, Luckyday? For me, it was kind of excruciating to watch really.

That is all.  Smile And MOO you, my sista.. Smile   

DayOldDonuts
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1376 on: March 13, 2009, 08:13:24 PM »

I sure hope this was nothing stupid like Misty taking Haleigh and holding it over Ron's head just so he would marry her.  Trying to think outside of the realm of normalcy.
I don't think Ron can be coerced like that. I could be wrong, but I just don't see it. I feel she is scared to death of him.

Rana: I got what you meant re: attire and shades. It was a no-brainer IMHO.

I have to agree that I don't think Ron is the type of guy who could be coerced with an ultimatum.  I think if he felt cornered he would fight against it. 

That being said, I think he could have been swayed into the marriage, perhaps by the thought it would help him avoid charges or keep custody of his son.  My other thought was that Misty, being all of 17, was dramatic, apologetic, possibly said she couldn't live with herself and he decided he didn't want to lose her, too.  If he were being forced into the marriage, I don't think that he would have gotten down on bended knee.  If he seemed angry afterward, perhaps it's because Misty's giddiness irritated him and he regretted his decision. 

I don't know, just my opinions. 
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1377 on: March 13, 2009, 08:14:13 PM »

That's a really nice tribute to Haleigh, Brandi

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1378 on: March 13, 2009, 08:15:51 PM »

That is very lovely Brandi 

Thanks, I make at least one a day.

I find it helps me deal with this better. Kinda therapeutic for me.

Glad others enjoy them.

Also helps keep us focused I think.

Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1379 on: March 13, 2009, 08:17:15 PM »

That's a really nice tribute to Haleigh, Brandi

Thanks, and good evening to you, Muffy!

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.