April 28, 2024, 01:56:27 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Haleigh Marie Cummings #6 3/11/09 - 3/14/09  (Read 588876 times)
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1420 on: March 13, 2009, 09:52:21 PM »

well poop....this is embarrassing! I owe you all an apology   

Since I started posting HERE this has been my "home site", I have been so comfortable here for so long now, that I completely forgot that I DIDNT START here like I said, I started over at the "other" place in 2005. I had forgotten all about that.     But to correct my silly self, I have still been a Monkey for about 2 1/2 years, so I still think that low post counts dont really indicate much of anything.
And again, this goofy Monkey is sorry for the confusion....   
Hugggs

Gabby~  No worries.      I didn't start off here at Scared Monkeys first  either, but once I got here, it's been "home".  And you are absolutely correct about post counts.    Yep.  You're a monkey alright. 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1421 on: March 13, 2009, 09:53:04 PM »

well poop....this is embarrassing! I owe you all an apology   

Since I started posting HERE this has been my "home site", I have been so comfortable here for so long now, that I completely forgot that I DIDNT START here like I said, I started over at the "other" place in 2005. I had forgotten all about that.     But to correct my silly self, I have still been a Monkey for about 2 1/2 years, so I still think that low post counts dont really indicate much of anything.
And again, this goofy Monkey is sorry for the confusion....   
Hugggs

Gabby...no reason to apologize....you have still been here a long time....

lady
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1422 on: March 13, 2009, 09:53:26 PM »

Dont know if this was mentioned or not if so please forgive me... Did Misty graduate or still attending school? Just curious..

From the news sources notes I have been keeping:

"Croslin does not go to school; she hasn't for a while. She signed up for GED classes but never went."

Sorry I don't have the specific source for that atm.

well, aren't you just the best little note keeper...! thanks for being you! and for what you do here...

LOL!

Why, thank you!

(I'd be lost without my notes.)

Thank you...
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1423 on: March 13, 2009, 09:53:38 PM »

I'm new to this sight. I have followed most of this case. I understand they searched out new areas. Now I have a question if anyone might can answer for me.....I have searched The new Goggle search(CAMERAS)....What town is 28 miles EAST of the town Haleigh was taken from. I also heard they had a sighting 35 miles East of where she live. Anymore news on that.

PAJOKIRBY: Glad to have you join us!

Sorry, I have heard of no search concentration EAST of Satsuma. Yesterday, they searched south from Satsuma to Crescent City, about 13 miles or so along Rt 17. I heard they were looking for something that might have been thrown out of a vehicle.

Again, welcome to the cage!

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1424 on: March 13, 2009, 09:56:06 PM »

welcome newbies....

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1425 on: March 13, 2009, 10:01:54 PM »

I'm new to this sight. I have followed most of this case. I understand they searched out new areas. Now I have a question if anyone might can answer for me.....I have searched The new Goggle search(CAMERAS)....What town is 28 miles EAST of the town Haleigh was taken from. I also heard they had a sighting 35 miles East of where she live. Anymore news on that.

Welcome PajoKirby.  I don't know anything about a sighting 35 miles east.
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1426 on: March 13, 2009, 10:09:21 PM »

WELCOME LADY!

I think my question got lost in the shuffle.  The right side view of the ramp with the cinder block, this pic was taken later during a tour of the home?  Did LE not take the cinder block away?  Just wondering if this would be the same piece of cinder block or if it was put there for photos.

See that's what I've been wondering too, Sieko!  And it's not like LE is talking about it or anything else either.    Not sure when any of those pics were taken.  But one would think LE took pics before they removed the piece of cinderblock to be tested.  On the other hand..... If all the different views of the ramp and block were taken before they supposedly touched anything, why has the block been moved from the right to the left?   And if these pics were taken during the tour, after the original piece of block had been removed, is that a different block, and if so, why would they do that?    again!! 

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
k8
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1427 on: March 13, 2009, 10:09:56 PM »

Misty knew (knows) who came and went from that house and for what reasons.  I think she knows something and is afraid of Ron.  Ron is in "total control" of Misty  now that she is his wife....or that's what I think he thinks.
He may get surprised.

I thought the same thing. She reminds me of a "battered wife" that is scared to death of her spouse.

And I would in no way marry a man who called me "a stupid b**** girlfriend"
I am sure he has probably always talked to her like that.  I mean he couldn't be that good in bed for her to put up with the verbal abuse huh ?

ewwwww comes to mind... and really do girls that age really care about that aspect of a relationship?  can't remember now...I think that 17 yr old girls would rather be playing X box or WII or watching a movie than that..

I've had a little experience with this.  It's been 30 years ago but I had a boyfriend who was 24 and I was 17.  When I think about it now I have to admit my parents handled it in a very cool way.  They knew if I knew they didn't want me to date him that would push me towards him.  He had a brand new sports car, college degree and a good job.  He took me to nice restaurants, bought me nice clothes and begged me to marry him.  He would take me to the jewelry store a few times a month and tell me to pick out the ring I wanted. I never did. That is all very tempting to a 17 year old.  He even bought another new car and told me it was mine as long as we were together.  My parents always told me you do not have sex before marriage and if you do you better not be living under our roof.  In the end I got bored and wanted to go to college with my friends and at that point he was abusive.  I broke it off and moved away.  When I think about it now I am so thankful I had parents who handled it the way they did and have told them that many times. They just smile. I recently heard from a friend about this guy and he has been married 3 times and has abused all 3 wives.  I have a feeling Misty has not had an easy life and Ron is able to provide her with a home and she feels loved and wanted by the kids and Ron. If he does he has a funny way of showing it.  The way she was beaming showing off her ring and waving at the reporters when she was getting her marriage license proved to me she has no idea what she is in for.  
Sieko
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1428 on: March 13, 2009, 10:10:15 PM »

WELCOME LADY!

I think my question got lost in the shuffle.  The right side view of the ramp with the cinder block, this pic was taken later during a tour of the home?  Did LE not take the cinder block away?  Just wondering if this would be the same piece of cinder block or if it was put there for photos.

Seiko,,from what I understood, the cinder block was taken and the results have still not been discussed as far as fibers, prints, skin cells etc...
the cinder bricks there now are probably just being used to prop the door open...the door that is never used...
Thanks.  Wondering if it was originally a whole cinder block there or a chunk of one.

Have a great weekend, monkeys!
Jerseygirl345
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1429 on: March 13, 2009, 10:10:49 PM »

I just like to notice the little things.  Like I believe if Misty got up to use the bathroom as she states and used the bathroom outside of the bedroom it is because the one in the master bedroom has no door in any of the pictures I've seen.  Only a knee wall around the toliet, so it makes since to me that she would choose the other bathroom over the master bathroom to use with sleeping children in the room. 

It's all in the details to me, no mystery.

if I get up in the night to use the bathroom, I use the closest one and don't turn on any lights..I would not go to the opposite end to use the toilet when one is right in my room/area...I doubt that sleeping children wake up from a toilet flushing...mine don't anyways...but who knows ?

Why would Fibsty use another bathroom in another room. Apparently Haleigh did not wake up when abducted but now Haleigh would of woke up from a flush toilet?
Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1430 on: March 13, 2009, 10:10:50 PM »

Investigation Focusing on Misty Croslin Cummings Timeline

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/local/news-article.aspx?storyid=133696&catid=3

Heart
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

HaLeigh~you are loved and in God's loving arms

« Reply #1431 on: March 13, 2009, 10:10:58 PM »

Just checking in......quiet in here tonight ....

Missing, Haleigh Cummings, 5

By Art Harris, (c), www.artharris.com., all rights reserved

In what could set a legal precedent for missing children, The Bald Truth has learned exclusively that the mother of five year old Haleigh Cummings aims to fight for legal custody of a daughter abducted a month ago from her father’s home while he was at work and his 17 year old girlfriend slept nearby.

In an exclusive interview, Crystal Sheffield, 23, tells me she also wants custody of her son and Haleigh’s little brother, a four year old she had with Ronald Cummings, 25.

The boy, “Junior,” as he’s called, reportedly told police he saw a man dressed in black snatch his sister off her mattress in the pre-dawn darkness Feb. 10 as she slept in the living room of their father’s trailer in Palatka, Florida.

“We think she’d be the better parent, so we’ll be exploring how (Ronald Cummings) got custody in the first place, whether it was proper. We already have one child missing from his care, and he’s about to marry the 17 year old (Misty Croslin), who was home babysitting her and his son,” says Sheffield’s lawyer, Kim L. Picazio, a family law expert from Broward County who has been interviewing locals by phone and is expected to arrive in Putman Count on Thursday.

“From what I’ve gleaned from investigators, news reports and interviews with local witnesses and the mother’s family, I have grave concerns for the welfare of Haleigh’s little brother, Junior. When I get down there Thursday, I’ll be investigating if there’s any type move the mother needs to make to protect the last child that remains in the father’s custody.”

Picazio is also bringing in a crack private investigator, William Staubs, 52, a gravel-voiced tough guy who weighs 250 pounds and goes by the nickname Cobra. He’ll be hunting witnesses, says Picazio, “who may not want to tell everything to a police officer, but may tell me things that could lead to finding Haleigh through a private effort.”

At a press conference Tuesday, a new reward of $35,000 was announced. Dozens of state, local and federal law enforcement remained tight-lipped, as both parents plead for Haleigh’s safe return.

Family members scribbled messages in black magic marker on yellow helium filled balloons they soon released.

“Haleigh-bug, Nana misses you very much. Please release my Doodle,” wrote Crystal’s mother.

“Misty and Daddy got married, just like you wanted,” wrote Haleigh’s father. “We love you.”

At the Putman County courthouse Monday, Ronald and Misty applied for a marriage license; on Tuesday, she was brandishing a new diamond ring for the cameras.

Croslin said that her engagement may be misunderstood by some people, but “it’s still all about finding Haleigh. This is what Haleigh wanted. She’s always talked about it.”

Croslin also claims Haleigh called her “mom.” According to reports, the bizarre lovebirds could tie the knot as early as this week. With Misty a minor, her family had to fill out paperwork granting her the okay to marry.

On the 911 tape of Misty’s initial call to police last month to report Haleigh missing, Ronald can be heard cursing his new fiance in the background, and threatening to kill whoever took her. But they’ve apparently made up.

“He’s getting married 30 days after Haleigh goes missing, that says it all,” Crystal tells me in an exclusive interview, adding that she has postponed her plans to marry an electrician named Chad, but will keep paying for the wedding dress she has on layaway.

“With Haleigh missing, getting married is the last thing on my mind. I can’t sleep. I lay down at night, but I don’t sleep. I try to rest, but I can’t. It’s bad when your baby is gone.”

Crystal says she spent much of Tuesday in tears, telling me how she paid a private visit to Ronald’s trailer home where Haleigh spent her last night. Police found the back door propped open by a brick, and Misty says she has no idea how that happened, and didn’t hear a thing. Investigators have been running down leads and tips with the help of the FBI.

On Tuesday, Crystal surveyed the living room of her ex-boyfriend’s trailer, the purported crime scene, as police held TV cameras back to give her privacy; then Haleigh’s distraught mother threw herself onto the mattress the five year old used as a bed, and burst into tears.

Outside, friends could hear her screaming, hysterical, inconsolable. It was a heart-breaking scene, one told me.

Misty was with her, pleading with Crystal to believe her when she said she had no idea how her baby vanished, or who was behind it. Crystal asked for a toy, or some momento of Haleigh to take with her; it was fine with Misty, but she said she’d have to ask Ronald first. Crystal left empty-handed.

Later, she told me she’d cried herself out, but “it didn’t help much.”

Both Misty and Ronald claim they passed lie detector tests, though police sources won’t confirm nor deny it.

Victim’s advocate Wayanne Kruger, an author who’s daughter pressed charges against a godfather who’d molested her as a child, flew in from California to volunteer, and donated proceeds from a book signing to help Crystal stay afloat.

In the meantime, Kim Picazio, the new lawyer and mother of three, says she aims to organize a command post for volunteers and start printing bumper stickers, pins and t shirts to raise awareness about what police are calling an abduction.

Authorities are still searching for Haleigh. She has blond hair and brown eyes and is 3 feet tall.

Please call the Putnam County Sheriff’s Office at 386-329-0800 if you have any information regarding Haleigh Cummings.

http://www.artharris.com/2009/03/11/haleigh-mom-wants-custody/

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1432 on: March 13, 2009, 10:11:33 PM »

see you monkeys tomorrow...gonna go watch some tv ....
God bless Haleigh and hope that she is found...Keep the faith that she is still alive...positive thoughts and vibes coming her way.....

Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1433 on: March 13, 2009, 10:16:18 PM »

I just like to notice the little things.  Like I believe if Misty got up to use the bathroom as she states and used the bathroom outside of the bedroom it is because the one in the master bedroom has no door in any of the pictures I've seen.  Only a knee wall around the toliet, so it makes since to me that she would choose the other bathroom over the master bathroom to use with sleeping children in the room. 

if I get up in the night to use the bathroom, I use the closest one and don't turn on any lights..I would not go to the opposite end to use the toilet when one is right in my room/area...I doubt that sleeping children wake up from a toilet flushing...mine don't anyways...but who knows ?

Why would Fibsty use another bathroom in another room. Apparently Haleigh did not wake up when abducted but now Haleigh would of woke up from a flush toilet?

Jersey, I hear ya!

Something is not right here.

Sounds like LE thinks the same.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1434 on: March 13, 2009, 10:18:00 PM »

Good night Cookie

Thank you for posting the article IM.

I wonder what will come out from these new developments? 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1435 on: March 13, 2009, 10:18:06 PM »

IM....that was a really sad article...my heart breaks for all of them...mostly for Haleigh...
now I am really going for the night...take care everyone...till tomorrow...hope there is good news...every morning I wake up and hope that this will be the day that Haleigh is returned...

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #1436 on: March 13, 2009, 10:18:39 PM »

see you monkeys tomorrow...gonna go watch some tv ....
God bless Haleigh and hope that she is found...Keep the faith that she is still alive...positive thoughts and vibes coming her way.....
Good Night Cookie
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1437 on: March 13, 2009, 10:18:52 PM »

Great question, even better did she get up to use the rest room, get a drink of water OR did Haleigh get up to use the bathroom Since I've heard all 3 I don't really buy the toilet flush theory.

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #1438 on: March 13, 2009, 10:19:08 PM »

IM, that was a very interesting article. 
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1439 on: March 13, 2009, 10:20:18 PM »

IM....that was a really sad article...my heart breaks for all of them...mostly for Haleigh...
now I am really going for the night...take care everyone...till tomorrow...hope there is good news...every morning I wake up and hope that this will be the day that Haleigh is returned...

I know Night Cookie, we can only pray.....

[
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.