April 27, 2024, 05:46:45 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Haleigh Marie Cummings #6 3/11/09 - 3/14/09  (Read 588828 times)
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1580 on: March 14, 2009, 12:59:46 AM »

About Cobra, I seen a couple videos at the start of this case, a bounty hunter ordering the person to return Haleigh or he was coming for them..something like that.. I think it may be him,but looked for the video and could not find it...will keep looking,it was kinda scary,but funny at the same time...

I did find this though and thought it may be nice to view for all..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26P5J041_M0

Thanks Searching, nice video. 
mgoblue
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1581 on: March 14, 2009, 01:00:32 AM »

About Cobra, I seen a couple videos at the start of this case, a bounty hunter ordering the person to return Haleigh or he was coming for them..something like that.. I think it may be him,but looked for the video and could not find it...will keep looking,it was kinda scary,but funny at the same time...

I did find this though and thought it may be nice to view for all..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26P5J041_M0

thank you so much for sharing. truly a great video.

"You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out of office." unknown tea party participant
cartfly
Monkey Junky

Thanks Brandi!

« Reply #1582 on: March 14, 2009, 01:03:32 AM »

In regards to Misty and her inconsistent statements:

1) I do not think she hurt the child but do feel like she is covering for someone.

2) Most people (especially if you are the biological parent) when you are going through a traumatic event regarding someone you love, you can relive/retell every little detail about that event  and consistently every little detail. I understand she was not the real mother, but I do feel like she cared for the little girl. I doubt she felt that maternal attachment but cared never the less. I could be way off base here and it may not be as traumatic for Misty as for a biological parent. So with this said I feel she is covering for someone else and that is why she is inconsistent in her story. If she was retelling a true  story it shouldnt have so many holes. (this is probably just stating the obvious...)

I am not always good at expressing myself, so I hope this makes sense. It is late and I think my thoughts are starting to all jumbled up. So my apologies, if my thoughts are hard to follow

It makes sense, Cartfly!  The truth will not change.. not an hour later, weeks later, years later.  No matter who is telling it.  I agree with you, in most cases, the person who was there (in this case Misty) at a traumatic time, would definitely be able to tell every little detail afterward, ad nauseum, without batting an eyelash, hesitate in remembering, or telling it differently the next day. 

So true, I can remember my son's revelation about being molested down to the time of day, where we were sitting, what I was wearing, every little detail...........and the ambulance ride 2 days later. I NEVER questioned him as I felt that was a job for someone more objective, but I still remember is 6yrs later.
Island, thanks for sharing. As a mom, I can only imagine how difficult it has been living with that knowledge and reliving that moment in your mind. Seeing our children hurt affects us as parents,right to the core. And it is hard being strong for them and secretly falling apart inside ourselves....

My angels on earth, the Shriners-every thing they do is for the children and they never ask for anything in return. What a concept.....
http://www.shrinershq.org/Hospitals/Main/
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1583 on: March 14, 2009, 01:03:52 AM »

More on Cobra:

http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/popup?id=3390075

rana
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1584 on: March 14, 2009, 01:07:03 AM »

Forgive my skepticism, but I think we have heard this song before with Caylee, different lyrics, different players perhaps, but same "national exposure" requested.

AZSunny......

"Second verse, same as the first;
A little bit louder, and a whole lot worse;"

(Sorry; I'll be in the corner with my handbasket if y'all need me.) Smile 

islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

HaLeigh~you are loved and in God's loving arms

« Reply #1585 on: March 14, 2009, 01:10:16 AM »

In regards to Misty and her inconsistent statements:

1) I do not think she hurt the child but do feel like she is covering for someone.

2) Most people (especially if you are the biological parent) when you are going through a traumatic event regarding someone you love, you can relive/retell every little detail about that event  and consistently every little detail. I understand she was not the real mother, but I do feel like she cared for the little girl. I doubt she felt that maternal attachment but cared never the less. I could be way off base here and it may not be as traumatic for Misty as for a biological parent. So with this said I feel she is covering for someone else and that is why she is inconsistent in her story. If she was retelling a true  story it shouldnt have so many holes. (this is probably just stating the obvious...)

I am not always good at expressing myself, so I hope this makes sense. It is late and I think my thoughts are starting to all jumbled up. So my apologies, if my thoughts are hard to follow

It makes sense, Cartfly!  The truth will not change.. not an hour later, weeks later, years later.  No matter who is telling it.  I agree with you, in most cases, the person who was there (in this case Misty) at a traumatic time, would definitely be able to tell every little detail afterward, ad nauseum, without batting an eyelash, hesitate in remembering, or telling it differently the next day. 

So true, I can remember my son's revelation about being molested down to the time of day, where we were sitting, what I was wearing, every little detail...........and the ambulance ride 2 days later. I NEVER questioned him as I felt that was a job for someone more objective, but I still remember is 6yrs later.
Island, thanks for sharing. As a mom, I can only imagine how difficult it has been living with that knowledge and reliving that moment in your mind. Seeing our children hurt affects us as parents,right to the core. And it is hard being strong for them and secretly falling apart inside ourselves....

Thank you cartfly~it was by far the hardest thing we have ever faced, and I did fall apart for about 6 months, the first couple of weeks it was all I could do to eat, get out of bed and brush my teeth, but God had a better plan for us and he is doing great since we moved away from where it happened. I'd rather someone had raped me than my child, it would have been easier for me at least.

Thanks again!

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
Foggy Dew
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1586 on: March 14, 2009, 01:11:57 AM »

Re. Cobra?  Well, I'm gonna remain hopeful for anyone throwing in since I can't be there helping search for lost Haleigh.

Does anyone recall LE informing RC about a trap door in the home?  I don't think it was related to a conduit point for a/c (or whatever it is).  TIA

Foggy
rana
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1587 on: March 14, 2009, 01:15:23 AM »

Does anyone recall any other cases in which LE took the whole door? And if so, did they take it a month in?

Seems odd.... but maybe it's routine. IDK. Smile

Maybe they got fingerprints off that door and now that they have released the trailer and people are starting to go back in they can compare the fingerprints to what was collected first and see if the prints match up.  If they do then they can narrow it down to being someone in that family.  Just a guess, sounds kind of out there but they do not have much to work on at this point.

My opinion is that there is something other than prints on the door--or at least they hope so.

Prints are lifted from jump street, but if the door was porous, w/flaky paint or whatever etc. they may be seeking something and are looking for other evidence re. fiber hung up there, oils or other chemicals etc. to either match/provide other links/leads. 

It may have something to do w/the cinderblock (or brick, as the case may be).

Foggy

I think so too, Foggy Dew; (something other than prints on the door) And with the (fairly) new Touch DNA, I have my fingers crossed. Also if that screen door was a typical mesh type door (is it?) some tiny bit or fiber or hair or who-knows-what could turn up.

IIRC, I read today (I think I posted the link a few pages back on a DNA webpage) that from what used to be prints or trace evidence, they can now  possibly get - depending on the sample of course, enough DNA to test.

I can't recall the details off the top of my head, but my guess is that it'd be something like epithelial (skin) cells that may have shed when the fingers brushed/grasped the cement block upon lifting it, or fingertip oil or...... I don't know what - anyway something not necessarily visible to the naked eye. And that makes the cinderblock, as you mentioned, something to watch and see what develops in case whoever picked it up, did so without gloves.  (I almost typed Cloves heh) Smile

Sounds promising.

MOO Smile

Rana, where I come from we use our feet to help kick heavy items into place esp. if our hands are full if you catch my drift.  And don't forget the laundry near that door.  If that door is the entry/exit point of perp, he/she may have inadvertantly gotten hung up on dirty laundry on the floor/overflowing from a laundry basket and it may have left fibers and/or other telling notes on the raggedy door.

Foggy

True, true that, Foggy Dew, on the kicking stuff. (Raises hand)  Smile But he'd have to kick it up that ramp, so that's why I went with picking it up; but who knows. Many things are possible  Smile

islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1588 on: March 14, 2009, 01:18:33 AM »

OK~this dude is hard core serious and I'm duly impressed!

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
cartfly
Monkey Junky

Thanks Brandi!

« Reply #1589 on: March 14, 2009, 01:23:40 AM »

IslandMonkey My prayers for continued strength go out to you and your son.

My angels on earth, the Shriners-every thing they do is for the children and they never ask for anything in return. What a concept.....
http://www.shrinershq.org/Hospitals/Main/
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1590 on: March 14, 2009, 01:25:12 AM »

I"m impressed as well and surprised!
minnie
Scared Monkey

Jubilee

« Reply #1591 on: March 14, 2009, 01:26:20 AM »

Goodnight guys.  Everyone sleep well.  Prayers for the children.

MM
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1592 on: March 14, 2009, 01:29:35 AM »

IslandMonkey My prayers for continued strength go out to you and your son.

You are so sweet as all the monkeys are~we really hurt when another one is in pain, and they have allowed me to share my story many times over.........I just don't ever want another child to lose their innocence and zest for life, and all the prayers really help, and prayers that will always continue to try and help the missing little ones everyday.

[
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1593 on: March 14, 2009, 01:30:57 AM »

Semi-impressed here. LOL
And hopeful!

Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1594 on: March 14, 2009, 01:31:19 AM »

Good night, minnie.

islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1595 on: March 14, 2009, 01:31:33 AM »

And surprised in a good way for a change.....notice he didn't call the papers and media to announce his arrival as some world famous...........well, I think you get my drift

[
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1596 on: March 14, 2009, 01:32:26 AM »

Night Minnie~sleep well.......

[
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1597 on: March 14, 2009, 01:49:19 AM »

[
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1598 on: March 14, 2009, 01:55:19 AM »

Foggy Dew
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1599 on: March 14, 2009, 01:58:59 AM »

Does anyone recall any other cases in which LE took the whole door? And if so, did they take it a month in?

Seems odd.... but maybe it's routine. IDK. Smile

Maybe they got fingerprints off that door and now that they have released the trailer and people are starting to go back in they can compare the fingerprints to what was collected first and see if the prints match up.  If they do then they can narrow it down to being someone in that family.  Just a guess, sounds kind of out there but they do not have much to work on at this point.

My opinion is that there is something other than prints on the door--or at least they hope so.

Prints are lifted from jump street, but if the door was porous, w/flaky paint or whatever etc. they may be seeking something and are looking for other evidence re. fiber hung up there, oils or other chemicals etc. to either match/provide other links/leads. 

It may have something to do w/the cinderblock (or brick, as the case may be).

Foggy

I think so too, Foggy Dew; (something other than prints on the door) And with the (fairly) new Touch DNA, I have my fingers crossed. Also if that screen door was a typical mesh type door (is it?) some tiny bit or fiber or hair or who-knows-what could turn up.

IIRC, I read today (I think I posted the link a few pages back on a DNA webpage) that from what used to be prints or trace evidence, they can now  possibly get - depending on the sample of course, enough DNA to test.

I can't recall the details off the top of my head, but my guess is that it'd be something like epithelial (skin) cells that may have shed when the fingers brushed/grasped the cement block upon lifting it, or fingertip oil or...... I don't know what - anyway something not necessarily visible to the naked eye. And that makes the cinderblock, as you mentioned, something to watch and see what develops in case whoever picked it up, did so without gloves.  (I almost typed Cloves heh) Smile

Sounds promising.

MOO Smile

Rana, where I come from we use our feet to help kick heavy items into place esp. if our hands are full if you catch my drift.  And don't forget the laundry near that door.  If that door is the entry/exit point of perp, he/she may have inadvertantly gotten hung up on dirty laundry on the floor/overflowing from a laundry basket and it may have left fibers and/or other telling notes on the raggedy door.

Foggy

True, true that, Foggy Dew, on the kicking stuff. (Raises hand)  Smile But he'd have to kick it up that ramp, so that's why I went with picking it up; but who knows. Many things are possible  Smile

The cinderblock may have already been there to hold the door open.  I don't know that such was ever established.  But if the storm/screen door had no properly functioning hydraulic piston to hold the door ajar (then close slowly at a reasonable rate), I can see something like a cinderblock being on site and just kicked (booted) into place when necessary by residents...or someone w/nefarious intent w/out ever touching the cinderblock

Of course it'd be a gift if there is DNA to simplify the whole mess/tie in the door to something (the cinderblock maybe?  Maybe laundry?  Maybe scrapings off of footwear? etc). 

Yup, who knows.  LE is playing this so close to the vest.  I have mixed feelings about that 'cause I need to know facts/findings.  But they are LE and I ain't, so I'll have to be patient.

Foggy
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.