April 28, 2024, 06:37:17 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Haleigh Marie Cummings #6 3/11/09 - 3/14/09  (Read 588903 times)
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #380 on: March 12, 2009, 05:08:21 PM »

I just know that if my child was missing in my home state, I wouldn't put my butt on a jet to go to New York...I could get publicity right in my home town just by calling a press conference or talking to news people etc...
what would happen if Haleigh was found and daddy was on a plane jetting away to New York? wouldn't you want to be there if Haleigh is found or returned???
I know that some would argue, the same thing could happen a year from now, do you put your life on hold until child is found?   (errr....Yes.. that would be my life) But this is still so new and so crucial for this little girl...grrrrrrrr...I am gonna lose it ....

cookie, IMNSHO .. you are right on.

I think the NYC trip is just for the freebies involved, myself. It was implied that they are guests on the Today Show as newlyweds, not as a father and babysitter who LOST a child!!!

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #381 on: March 12, 2009, 05:08:23 PM »

I just know that if my child was missing in my home state, I wouldn't put my butt on a jet to go to New York...I could get publicity right in my home town just by calling a press conference or talking to news people etc...
what would happen if Haleigh was found and daddy was on a plane jetting away to New York? wouldn't you want to be there if Haleigh is found or returned???
I know that some would argue, the same thing could happen a year from now, do you put your life on hold until child is found?   (errr....Yes.. that would be my life) But this is still so new and so crucial for this little girl...grrrrrrrr...I am gonna lose it ....
And they can be on the Today Show or whatever other show via satelite.  They don't need to hop on a plane.
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #382 on: March 12, 2009, 05:08:49 PM »

haven't heard yet Lucky...

luckyday
Scared Monkey

« Reply #383 on: March 12, 2009, 05:08:56 PM »

ssing Girl's Dad's Marriage a Legal Tactic?
Thursday, March 12, 2009
filed under: crime
Ron Cummings is set to tie the knot with his 17-year-old girlfriend. Why now?

Although his daughter has been missing for a month, the father of Haleigh Cummings will marry his 17-year-old girlfriend today after proposing to her just days ago.

Ronald Cummings and Misty Croslin applied for licenses earlier this week and with the permission of underage Croslin's parents.  Speculations abound that the nuptials could be driven by a desire to exercise a spousal privilege that would bar the couple from testifying against each other court.

Attorney Robin Sax, a former Los Angeles County Deputy District Attorney, believes if the couple is marrying to exercise that privilege they're misguided, "It shows that they are not necessary educated in the law. People have a misconception that they do not have to testify against their spouse but there are many, many intricacies."

One such intricacy in the convoluted spousal privilege law is that is does not apply to a crime involving a child.

Another possible reason for the quick nuptials, says Sax, is Croslin's age. Cummings might be under scrutiny for cohabitation with an underage woman. "It certainly would look better if he is trying to maintain custody of Haleigh's younger brother, Junior." 

In the meantime, the search for Haleigh continues. She has blond hair and brown eyes and is 3' tall. Please call the Putnam County Sheriff's Office at 386-329-0800 if you have any information regarding Haleigh Cummings.

Mark Twain:
Always tell the truth. That way, you don't have to remember what you said.
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #384 on: March 12, 2009, 05:09:13 PM »

And they can be on the Today Show or whatever other show via satelite.  They don't need to hop on a plane.

Precisely...

rana
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #385 on: March 12, 2009, 05:09:16 PM »

Well if that is the only highway to Ron's work, then I guess that is the route he takes.

Love your posts and love your dry wit, No Rose!!.

GramaMonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #386 on: March 12, 2009, 05:09:48 PM »

I am not familiar with NY marriage laws.

Would they have to prove residence first.

How many days wait, after filing for the marriage licence.

Do her parents have to give consent.

Is there a pre-marriage course that must be taken prior to the marriage.

Anyone???  Anthing else I may have missed??

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #387 on: March 12, 2009, 05:10:05 PM »

Thanks luckyday 
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #388 on: March 12, 2009, 05:12:09 PM »

Well if that is the only highway to Ron's work, then I guess that is the route he takes.

Love your posts and love your dry wit, No Rose!!.

Thanks  I love your posts as well.
lilymarie
Scared Monkey

« Reply #389 on: March 12, 2009, 05:12:53 PM »

Umm, I can almost (not quite) swallow why they say they are getting married.  Why go to New York? Why not stay home in case Haleigh is found, or in case someone drops her off?  Or stay home and help with the investigation? I think they are going to lose whatever public support they had, and it was already dwindling.

No offense - but what is the difference? And why all of the hatred? They're not going to be allowed to physically search. They have an opportunity to knock the wedding and the interview out in one day. Geesh! IMO these poor people who have LOST THEIR DAUGHTER need a f'n break for a change. I read back on the boards for Jessica Lunsford and the Groene kids and you would not believe the posts. Not one of those posters got back on after the kids were found to apologize or take their posts back. I know many of you have said you never suspected them to begin with - but really? Seriously?

I couldn't agree more, Carolyn. I can only think of what I might do, and to get married while my baby was missing wouldn't even be on the list--even if the list was a mile long!

While I agree that the whole marriage right now thing is a bad move - what makes it any worse that they are going to do it in NYC? The trip is being paid for by the Today Show - they are going on the show to get publicity for Haleigh. Am I not getting something?

Hmm~maybe because they are searching for her now, 100 searchers, LE, Gov't only......no civilians. I'd be sick with worry and grief just waiting, and would no way in h#ll put my Arse on a plane and go get it on in NYC But, that's just me.

hmmmm while I'd be sick with worry - why not let the professional searchers do their jobs and at the same time get Haleigh's name out there to a national audience. JMO

You can do that by staying in Satsuma and being interviewed there...........the Today show can and does many interviews in local affiliates, and that way you get to stick around  BUT you have the added benefit of keeping her name out there for a national audience...........no need to be in NYC for that

What's so funny about Peace, Love & Understanding?
lilymarie
Scared Monkey

« Reply #390 on: March 12, 2009, 05:14:26 PM »

Umm, I can almost (not quite) swallow why they say they are getting married.  Why go to New York? Why not stay home in case Haleigh is found, or in case someone drops her off?  Or stay home and help with the investigation? I think they are going to lose whatever public support they had, and it was already dwindling.

I couldn't agree more, Carolyn. I can only think of what I might do, and to get married while my baby was missing wouldn't even be on the list--even if the list was a mile long!

While I agree that the whole marriage right now thing is a bad move - what makes it any worse that they are going to do it in NYC? The trip is being paid for by the Today Show - they are going on the show to get publicity for Haleigh. Am I not getting something?

Hmm~maybe because they are searching for her now, 100 searchers, LE, Gov't only......no civilians. I'd be sick with worry and grief just waiting, and would no way in h#ll put my Arse on a plane and go get it on in NYC But, that's just me.

hmmmm while I'd be sick with worry - why not let the professional searchers do their jobs and at the same time get Haleigh's name out there to a national audience. JMO

You can do that by staying in Satsuma and being interviewed there...........the Today show can and does many interviews in local affiliates, and that way you get to stick around  BUT you have the added benefit of keeping her name out there for a national audience...........no need to be in NYC for that
No offense - but what is the difference? And why all of the hatred? They're not going to be allowed to physically search. They have an opportunity to knock the wedding and the interview out in one day. Geesh! IMO these poor people who have LOST THEIR DAUGHTER need a f'n break for a change. I read back on the boards for Jessica Lunsford and the Groene kids and you would not believe the posts. Not one of those posters got back on after the kids were found to apologize or take their posts back. I know many of you have said you never suspected them to begin with - but really? Seriously?

Messed up the stacks on my previous post.

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #391 on: March 12, 2009, 05:16:13 PM »

Grams...do you mean if they got married in New York? sorry, not following...

GramaMonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #392 on: March 12, 2009, 05:19:04 PM »

Yes, is that not what they are planning now??

GramaMonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #393 on: March 12, 2009, 05:20:52 PM »

TODAY SHOW !!!!  But Ron doesn't want to have the camera's in his face.

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #394 on: March 12, 2009, 05:20:57 PM »

quote from Lily:

Messed up the stacks on my previous post.

What is the difference? well, cause in case Haleigh was found and the parents were in NY, that would take a while to get back to her....right? if they were still around the hometown, well, great, go scoop up your little child who has been missing for over a month and give her the biggest hug of her life! kindof hard to do that from NY...

I have not been hateful towards any of these folks on either side....but come on,,,this is pushing things in my eyes....It isn't just people on forums that are scratching their heads on these 2 lovebirds getting married at this time, most of the news people and anyone on tv is certainly saying the same thing aren't they ? that is my take on it anyways..

Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #395 on: March 12, 2009, 05:22:18 PM »

Search For Haleigh Hits "A Brick Wall"
Investigation Into Disappearance Of 5-Year-Old Florida Girl Desperately Needs A

NEW YORK, March 12, 2009

Haleigh Cummings, 5, of Satsuma, Fla. An Amber Alert was issued on Tuesday Feb. 10, 2009, after Cummings went missing from her home.

(CBS)  Another missing person ... little Haleigh Cummings.

She's been missing for over a month.

Haleigh was reported missing when her 25-year-old father, Ronald Cummings, returned home from work.

She was last seen in her father's mobile home in a heavily wooded area north of Satsuma, a community along the St. Johns River about 70 miles north of Orlando, Fla.

Ronald Cummings' girlfriend, Misty Croslin, 17, says she tucked Haleigh into her own bed at 8 o'clock and when she woke up, Haleigh had vanished.

John Walsh, host of "America's Most Wanted," who has been involved with the investigation, sat down with Early Show co-anchor Maggie Rodriguez to share the latest on the search for the missing 5-year-old.

"That investigation is very troubling to me. I mean, it's in my home state of Florida, and everybody's working on this case. There are the FBI, the sheriff down there is doing a great job. The National Center for Missing and Exploited Children has a team, Adam, named after our son, working on this case," Walsh said.

According to Walsh, they are still looking at everybody related to the family, including a cousin who was there the day before.

"There is still a missing sex offender. There were 55 registered sex offenders in that area. And they've hit a brick wall. I think that's the tough and troubling thing -- is that when you don't get a great tip and you haven't found a body, because the likelihood of her being found alive ... . Although we never give up," Walsh explained.

With every case, everyone involved in the investigation needs to stay determined and hopeful despite the lack of evidence.

"Remember Elizabeth Smart -- after eight months. I believe you never give up. We're going to keep profiling Haleigh, but they've hit a wall down there. And it's a very, very sad, troubling part of this case," he said.

Haleigh's father may be marrying his 17-year-old girlfriend today, Rodriguez noted, and wondered if Walsh, having seen so many of these cases, thought that might mean anything.

"It really doesn't, and I hope people don't interpret things to it," Walsh said. "I think maybe the white-hot spotlight of the media and all that's going on, maybe they felt that this was an appropriate thing together," he said.

According to Walsh, usually a tragedy either drives you apart or brings you together.

"I wouldn't read too much into it other than the fact that the police are still saying that everybody's a suspect in this case. They are doing a parallel investigation. They need to find that sex offender, and they need to keep working hard," he said.

Walsh stressed that a tip would really help move the investigation along.

"I mean, we've caught over 1,000 fugitives on 'America's Most Wanted' because one person will have the guts to make that call and to give police that tip. So, I'm praying she's still alive and that they find this little girl," Walsh said.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2009/03/12/earlyshow/main4861766.shtml

Heart
GramaMonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #396 on: March 12, 2009, 05:25:30 PM »

Setting a date for your wedding can be an exciting time for the two of you! Be prepared about what you need to do before your wedding by knowing what documents you need to bring with you before you apply for a New York marriage license.
We recommend getting this legal aspect of your wedding out of the way about a month before your wedding date.

NOTE: Requirements may vary as each county/city/town in New York could have their own requirements. It is important to verify current requirements with the city/town clerk where you want to get married.

http://marriage.about.com/cs/marriagelicenses/p/newyork.htm

ID Requirement in New York:
Your photo identity documentation must be current and valid.

The official web site for New York state marriage licenses states "A person is required to establish proof of age and identity by submitting to the issuing clerk one of the following age related documents: Birth Certificate, Baptismal record, Naturalization record,Census record.
And one of the following identity related documents: Driver's license, Passport, Employment picture ID, Immigration record."

Although they don't mention having a certified birth certificate, many locales in New York are requiring having a certified birth certificate and we recommend having this documentation with you when you apply for your marriage license.
Before you apply for your marriage license, contact the city or town clerk where you want to get married to verify their specific requirements for applying for a marriage license.

Waiting Period in New York:
New York has a twenty-four (24) hour waiting period to get married.

Residency Requirement:
You do not have to be a resident of New York.

Previous Marriages:
If previously married, you must show certified documents on how your previous marriage ended.
If a couple is already legally married to one another, and they want to have a second wedding ceremony, and if an officiant requires a marriage license, the couple may apply for a second or subsequent license from the Town or City where they were married.

Fees in New York:
The cost for getting married in New York is approximately $40.00 - $50.00 in most areas of the state.

New York City charges $35 and will only accept money orders made payable to "The City Clerk" .

Some other locales will not accept cash or personal checks and require a money order.

Other Tests:
None.
Proxy Marriages:
No.
Cousin Marriages:
Yes.
Common Law Marriages:
No.
Same Sex Marriages:
No.

Under 18:
If you are 16 or 17 years of age, you will need to have a completed parental consent form filled out by both parents.
If you are either 14 or 15 years of age, you will need to show the written consent of both parents and a justice of the Supreme Court or a judge of the local Family Court.

Applicants under 14 years of age cannot marry. Only one parent's consent will be accepted if one parent is deceased or has been missing for over a year, or if one parent has full custody from a divorce proceeding.

Your parents or guardians must give their consent in person before the town or city clerk or some other authorized official.

If they are out of state, a notarized affidavit is acceptable but has to be accompanied by a certificate of authentication when the consent is filed in New York State.

Officiants in New York:
According to Section 11 of the Domestic Relations Law, an officiant must be an authorized, officially ordained member of the clergy or a public official in the State of New York such as a mayor, city clerk, deputy city clerk, appointed marriage officer, justice, or judge. In New York City, an officiant must be registered with the City of New York. Ship captains can not perform marriage ceremonies in New York State.

Witnesses:
A marriage ceremony must have at least one witness. Although the state website states that there is no minimum age required in order to be a witness, the New York City web site requires witnesses to be at least 18 years of age.

Miscellaneous:
The license is valid for sixty days (60).

Copy of Certificate of Marriage:

Vital Records Section
New York State Department of Health
Empire State Plaza
Albany, New York 12237-0023

PLEASE NOTE:
Marriage license requirements often change. The above information is for guidance only and should not be regarded as legal advice.
It is important that you verify all information with the local marriage license office before making any wedding or travel plans.

Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #397 on: March 12, 2009, 05:26:04 PM »

Yes, is that not what they are planning now??

I have not read or heard anything about them getting married in NYC.

I have read that there are rumors that the wedding has been canceled though.

Still looking for any news about the wedding.

rana
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #398 on: March 12, 2009, 05:28:32 PM »

I sooo think this abduction was staged to set the ground work for Crystal to get custody.. I think Wyks is right...

Thanks Searching! 

Am bringing over my theory from the last thread, in case someone wants to see it again:

-----

I mentioned earlier in this case that one of my theories *could possibly be*:

Haleigh 'abducted', time goes by, everyone searching, tracking down leads.
Biomom Crystal files for custody of Jr, citing something like she didn't want the same to happen to Jr.
Court might just rule in her favor, placing Jr in her custody.
Time goes by, to everyone's amazement, Haleigh is dropped off, alive and well, at a safe haven in Somewhere, USA.
Crystal gets custody of Haleigh as well.

---
We've been hearing for a few days the rumors that Crystal is supposedly trying for custody.
Ron/Misty supposedly *suddenly* decide to marry, and quickly at that.  (I wondered the other day if it were possible that Ron is doing this so that he can say to the judge that HE is married, while in the meantime, Crystal supposedly cannot marry her fiance until his divorce is final.  Which would look better to the judge?  A married father or an unmarried mother?)
Crystal has hired an attorney, which by the way, handles custody cases.

Soooooo... let's just see if what happens after Ron's marriage is that Crystal files for custody of Jr and gets it.  Then Haleigh may just show up, alive and unharmed, Crystal gets custody of Haleigh, and they all live happily ever after.

I am leaning towards this scenario also, especially with Marie's repeatedly stating that she thought Haleigh was in Alabama (IIRC) Why would she say this? Was it a slip, or was it something she knew? That has always bothered me.

I've heard Marie repeatedly stating that she thought Haleigh was in Alabama also, SCSunny.

It seems to me that if CS (bio mom) were behind the master plan of taking Haleigh or having her taken, that she would have told Marie to lay off repeatedly telling that "Alabama" story all over the media...

MOO <-- My Opinion Only   

lilymarie
Scared Monkey

« Reply #399 on: March 12, 2009, 05:29:51 PM »

Search For Haleigh Hits "A Brick Wall"
Investigation Into Disappearance Of 5-Year-Old Florida Girl Desperately Needs A

NEW YORK, March 12, 2009

Haleigh Cummings, 5, of Satsuma, Fla. An Amber Alert was issued on Tuesday Feb. 10, 2009, after Cummings went missing from her home.

(CBS)  Another missing person ... little Haleigh Cummings.

She's been missing for over a month.

Haleigh was reported missing when her 25-year-old father, Ronald Cummings, returned home from work.

She was last seen in her father's mobile home in a heavily wooded area north of Satsuma, a community along the St. Johns River about 70 miles north of Orlando, Fla.

Ronald Cummings' girlfriend, Misty Croslin, 17, says she tucked Haleigh into her own bed at 8 o'clock and when she woke up, Haleigh had vanished.

John Walsh, host of "America's Most Wanted," who has been involved with the investigation, sat down with Early Show co-anchor Maggie Rodriguez to share the latest on the search for the missing 5-year-old.

"That investigation is very troubling to me. I mean, it's in my home state of Florida, and everybody's working on this case. There are the FBI, the sheriff down there is doing a great job. The National Center for Missing and Exploited Children has a team, Adam, named after our son, working on this case," Walsh said.

According to Walsh, they are still looking at everybody related to the family, including a cousin who was there the day before.

"There is still a missing sex offender. There were 55 registered sex offenders in that area. And they've hit a brick wall. I think that's the tough and troubling thing -- is that when you don't get a great tip and you haven't found a body, because the likelihood of her being found alive ... . Although we never give up," Walsh explained.

With every case, everyone involved in the investigation needs to stay determined and hopeful despite the lack of evidence.

"Remember Elizabeth Smart -- after eight months. I believe you never give up. We're going to keep profiling Haleigh, but they've hit a wall down there. And it's a very, very sad, troubling part of this case," he said.

Haleigh's father may be marrying his 17-year-old girlfriend today, Rodriguez noted, and wondered if Walsh, having seen so many of these cases, thought that might mean anything.

"It really doesn't, and I hope people don't interpret things to it," Walsh said. "I think maybe the white-hot spotlight of the media and all that's going on, maybe they felt that this was an appropriate thing together," he said.

According to Walsh, usually a tragedy either drives you apart or brings you together.

"I wouldn't read too much into it other than the fact that the police are still saying that everybody's a suspect in this case. They are doing a parallel investigation. They need to find that sex offender, and they need to keep working hard," he said.

Walsh stressed that a tip would really help move the investigation along.

"I mean, we've caught over 1,000 fugitives on 'America's Most Wanted' because one person will have the guts to make that call and to give police that tip. So, I'm praying she's still alive and that they find this little girl," Walsh said.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2009/03/12/earlyshow/main4861766.shtml

Well I for one am going to take JOHN WALSH's advice and not read into the wedding thing. He is after all, much more of an expert than I will ever be or anybody else IMO. Wake me up when the trashing of parents of a missing child is over. I just can't be a part of it.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.