April 28, 2024, 12:15:57 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Haleigh Marie Cummings #6 3/11/09 - 3/14/09  (Read 588862 times)
cubbeegirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #820 on: March 13, 2009, 12:39:45 AM »

The reason this thread has taken this turn is because there has been NO INFORMATION about what happened to Haleigh.

Fact of the matter is, unless Haleigh was taken by a family friend and someone actually knows where she is, Haleigh is likely dead.  Those are the odds.  That is reality.

Now, if you didn't know where your child was would you even consider getting married?  I wouldn't and I know very few people who would.  Does that make them guilty of something...NO, but it does show their thought process.

I DO AGREE WITH YOU ON THIS KLAAS!!!!!!!!!!

"Natalee deserves to return to her country...."
    ~ Beth Holloway Twitty ~

Fly free with the angels KK!

We will never forget you sweet Caylee!
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #821 on: March 13, 2009, 12:39:49 AM »

I have been sitting on my hands too for fear of that button. And I will continue to sit on my hands until this case is solved. And I am sure that everyone that has posted all of the negative things about this family are honorable people and will come right back in here and apologize to this family if my theory is right. I have never seen a family with a missing child torn apart like this family has been. It speaks volumes to my me.....
jmo
I have no idea if Ron and Misty had anything to do with Haleigh's disappearance, but if they are found to be innocent I will not apologize for anything I have posted here.  Them partying it up today while Ron's child has been missing for a month is nothing but disgusting to me.  If it is found out that Crystal had something to do with this, it won't change the fact that Ron had more important things to tend to than looking for his daughter.

I think the point being made here is that the tone of this thread has been one of bashing, making fun of people's looks, backgrounds, economic status, etc. Rather than their choices and behaviors.

I believe it is perfectly acceptable to have strong opinions on choices people make, their behaviors they exhibit, etc.  But personal attacks have been many here, both among the monkeys and the people involved in the case. I don't think they belong here, myself.

I only mention this because it has been brought up so many times now. Up until now, I just sat back and watched when these issues were brought to the forefront.

I also have seen many great informational posts and many great opinions here. That is what I try to concentrate on.

JMO.

My opinions are based on their actions, demeanor, and choices. It has nothing to do with socioeconomic issues or where they live, heck I live on the REDNECK riviera in a tiny house with more dust bunnies than I can count, that being said they do seem to have taken a page from the Anthony's who no one minded bashing........it's not fair to say we all base our opinions on where they live and so on. Having a wedding in the middle of a search for that precious child is delusional at best and reprehensible IMO.

Ron and Misty were both questioned again last night, so LE is still trying to figure out their part/or lack of in this investigation IMO.......

Oh, I agree whole-heartedly!!

Extremely poor choice, to put it politely!  LOL

Also am glad to hear LE is still questioning/actively searching and gathering evidence!

islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

HaLeigh~you are loved and in God's loving arms

« Reply #822 on: March 13, 2009, 12:41:32 AM »

OT:

Brandi, If you are still here,I just left you a message in your thread. Thanks.
Sorry for the interruption monkeys. Good night.

Night Searching

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
Sieko
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #823 on: March 13, 2009, 12:42:18 AM »

And......we're back to square one. Peace & prayers to Haleigh. Carry on.
Lily I haven't seen much input from you regarding finding Haleigh, mostly complaints.  When you decide you want to join in the discussion, or have questions, or a POV, or a theory, or some news then I'm sure many here will be happy to hear it.  If you have something that you think may change anyone's view here, share it.  It looks to me that you're just going through each post to find something to complain about.  Really, everyone can bring something to the table.  Share what you have.
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #824 on: March 13, 2009, 12:42:58 AM »

OT:

Brandi, If you are still here,I just left you a message in your thread. Thanks.
Sorry for the interruption monkeys. Good night.

Night Searching

Ok, Searching.

Sleep well, lady!

Sieko
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #825 on: March 13, 2009, 12:43:21 AM »

The reason this thread has taken this turn is because there has been NO INFORMATION about what happened to Haleigh.

Fact of the matter is, unless Haleigh was taken by a family friend and someone actually knows where she is, Haleigh is likely dead.  Those are the odds.  That is reality.

Now, if you didn't know where your child was would you even consider getting married?  I wouldn't and I know very few people who would.  Does that make them guilty of something...NO, but it does show their thought process.

Count me in on this too.
Jerseygirl345
Monkey Junky

« Reply #826 on: March 13, 2009, 12:45:50 AM »

Granny Sykes making a comment its time for them to do something to make them happy..

Hmmm ...So getting hitch will make this all go away? I dont think so not even for 1

minute . All my seconds, minutes , hours of everyday I would be to concentrating on

finding my child.. The Granny says its been weeks and weeks and weeks- What the heck

its just been alittle over 1 month.. They gave up on Haleigh already which is so sad to

even think of let alone comprehend.. God Bless You Haleigh the search and answers will

not stop in the search of bringing you home...
Jerseygirl345
Monkey Junky

« Reply #827 on: March 13, 2009, 12:47:51 AM »

Count me in on this too.

I am with you Klass...
rana
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #828 on: March 13, 2009, 12:49:38 AM »

When you get a large group of people posting in a case like this you get all different views. 

As of right now LE hasn't ruled anyone out as a suspect nor have they ruled anyone IN.  Haleigh went missing on Misty's watch while living in Ron's home therefore Misty and Ron will naturally be looked at in a different light than say Crystal who wasn't even in the same town.

Ron and Misty have done some things that haven't helped their images in the public. 

UNTIL WE GET MORE INFORMATION FROM LE, people will always look at Misty especially with some suspicion.

There are many possibilities including.

1.  The door wasn't locked and Haleigh simply walked out
2.  Someone who knew Ron's schedule and the layout of the home snuck in and grabbed Haleigh
3.  Something happened to Haleigh and Misty and/or Ron and/or Crystal knows but aren't saying

Klaas - I appreciate how much time it takes to mod these forums and its not something that I would want to do. And I agree that Misty & Ron are suspects and have done some things that warrant questions. I don't agree that we are going to get anywhere talking about their fingernails, trashing their wedding cake or clothes, their home, etc. Especially when that is 75% of the forum. There is very little left of the forum other than the bashing & trashing of Misty & Ron. If that what this board is then great. I suspect a lot of people have been "sitting on their hands" as you've read hoping it would return to its original mission. So if that is not going to happen then we can move on. Thanks

Well, Lilymarie, I am very interested in reading your - and everyone's - ideas and insights about the Haleigh Cummings case rather than your opinions about what is "wrong" other posters, how we should think, and what we should - and should not - post according to you.

Fellow posters and what is "wrong" with us is not the topic of the thread as far as I know.

MOO <-- My Opinon Only

minnie
Scared Monkey

Jubilee

« Reply #829 on: March 13, 2009, 12:50:31 AM »

Did they have dogs with them today when they were doing the search?

MM
crazybabyborg
« Reply #830 on: March 13, 2009, 12:50:45 AM »

Count me in on this too.

I am with you Klass...

thumleft
A's Fever
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #831 on: March 13, 2009, 12:51:09 AM »

Useless - juss useless.

That's what this thread is. No info here. Juss snarky crappy comments.

I'm glad so many have found that vehicle they so need to take out their aggression on a family missing a child.

So they don't met your standards. Well, HELLO!!! I got news for you. There will be many who don't met your standards throughout your life. I don't see what anything here has done. Is this a "discussion"? Looks to me like childish antics.

Just absolutely pathetic what's taking place with some here.

Comments about dirty nails, portapottys, astrays, atsma (whatever the heck that is) wifebeaters, and the rest of the nasty comments.

If this is *helping* it must be the new fangled kind I have not seen before.

I think what's been posted here blows.

If I want info on this case - I'll find it myself and won't have to listen or read page after page of utter crap.

I feel bad for anyone that feels this family has to be the whippin' child for their own low self esteem.

Rob:  Please don't try and be the boss of this thread.  Everyone does't agree with you.  I've known you for a long time and know you have strong opinions and that is a good thing but it would be a boring world if we all agreed on everything.

I don't think this is a useless thread.

Amen. Amen. Amen. IMO this is nothing more than mean jr. high school girls piling on the poor chick. What is the point of this forum? Is it to find Haleigh or is it here to provide a place for everyone to judge those whose lifestyle and means are not up to standards and therefore feel better about oneselves? Is there an end to this somewhere close? Because it would be great to have a place dedicated to FINDING Haleigh.

May I contribute my .02 cents here?  I rarely post but have been closely following the case.

I agree that many of the comments may seem snarky or rude, although snarky and rude can be interpreted widely and different posters define snarky and rude in very different ways.  

That said, what for me is a huge problem about the family is their actions in the aftermath of this horrible loss.  Those of us who have followed missing persons cases over the years have seen how various families have behaved in the face of their deep grief.  We have seen families from both ends of the economic strata and in between and what we see are behaviors that are common to the parents of the missing.  We see the weight loss because they can't eat, the hollowed out eyes (not hidden by sunglasses) because they can't sleep.  We see them helping with searches and search strategies, we see them using their resources not to get a tattoo but to print flyers or whatever they need to do to keep their child in the spotlight.  We see their shoulders droop under their burden and in their faces we see the absolute devastation that has taken place in their lives.  It is palpable.  Not in the overdone way Susan Smith cried heavy tears; we don't see dramatics, often we just see haunted people.

I've linked an article, below, about Chandra Levy's parents today, eight years after she was murdered.  They still can't get on with their lives.  It relates that when Chandra first disappeared, Mrs. Levy could not move from a fetal position on the sofa.  I think of the Levy's along with the Lunsford, Klaas, Rocha, Smart, Holloway Twitty families and I don't see any grieving families who can even think of getting married or moving on so soon.  

So while we certainly do not have license to make fun of people and the way they live, when the activities of close family of the missing engage in these antics during a sensitive time it does raise suspicion.  And suspicions should be discussed in depth.

MOO and JMHO
BLOCKED WEBSITE
« Last Edit: April 09, 2011, 09:45:16 PM by MuffyBee » Logged
Sieko
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #832 on: March 13, 2009, 12:51:09 AM »

Does anyone remember in the Jessica Lunsford case what made the detectives go back to the house where the SO was?  Couie, was his name.  They had been there once when she was still alive, but what made them go back?
If you think about that case it is frightening.  There were actual scum bag people in that house and they knew he had someone in his room.  These people are unbelievable and have no moral values at all.
Someone could be hiding Haleigh right under their noses.

True.  The thought of this makes me feel ill.  I'm not sure if she would be better off alive if this were the case.  With so many RSOs (and who knows how many are not registered) it sure is a real possibility.  We can find out where most of these SOB's reside, but unfortunately we can't track their footsteps.
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #833 on: March 13, 2009, 12:52:57 AM »

There was no mention of dogs today, so I am betting no.

This is what I have gathered:

About 100 law enforcement officials from nine different agencies began walking along a 12-mile stretch of U.S. Highway 17 just north of Crescent City this morning, searching for any clues regarding the disappearance of Haleigh Cummings. In today's search, investigators are slowly walking along the grassy area about 30 yards off each side of the highway between Buffalo Bluff Road and Paradise Shores Road just north of Crescent City, according to Putnam Sheriff's Lt. Johnny Greenwood.

luckyday
Scared Monkey

« Reply #834 on: March 13, 2009, 12:53:13 AM »

Check this out and read the comment. Guess we aren't the only ones that smell a rat.

http://www.jacksonville.com/news/metro/2009-03-13/story/no_new_leads_but_wedding_bells_ring

Mark Twain:
Always tell the truth. That way, you don't have to remember what you said.
minnie
Scared Monkey

Jubilee

« Reply #835 on: March 13, 2009, 12:54:42 AM »

Does anyone remember in the Jessica Lunsford case what made the detectives go back to the house where the SO was?  Couie, was his name.  They had been there once when she was still alive, but what made them go back?
If you think about that case it is frightening.  There were actual scum bag people in that house and they knew he had someone in his room.  These people are unbelievable and have no moral values at all.
Someone could be hiding Haleigh right under their noses.

True.  The thought of this makes me feel ill.  I'm not sure if she would be better off alive if this were the case.  With so many RSOs (and who knows how many are not registered) it sure is a real possibility.  We can find out where most of these SOB's reside, but unfortunately we can't track their footsteps.

At this point I don't think they are going to find her unless whoever took her or someone who knows that person comes forward.  It is going to have to be a tip.  That is why I was wondering why the LE went back to the house and found Jessica?

MM
Sieko
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #836 on: March 13, 2009, 12:54:46 AM »

Good question.  I didn't notice any mention of dogs.
higherhopes
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #837 on: March 13, 2009, 12:55:43 AM »

I have to say that my question is WHY.....did they have to get married right now

If they are trying to hide something about their lifestyle before Haleigh came up missing then too late, everyone already knows about what was going on...

If they are doing it for future child custody hearing, well too late again, the judge will know already what transpired before the court date.

If they are really doing this because its what Haliegh would have wanted, well then wait and see if she comes home to celebrate with her, other wise, too late again, if she never comes back home then it will all have been done in vain.

If they are doing it because they Love each other and want to be Man and Wife then get engaged and continue to date and see what kind of effect the outcome of this has on the relationship and then if it withstands whatever the future holds regarding Haleigh then by all means ....marry then.....

If they are getting married to spite what people are saying about them, well now thats a really good basis for a mariage isnt it......

See  I  just dont understand why?????????????   not bashing them now just showing that something isnt right!!!

I don't know, I was at work....I don't know, I was sleeping........Where is Haleigh???????
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #838 on: March 13, 2009, 12:56:12 AM »

http://www.jacksonville.com/news/metro/crime/2009-03-12/story/deputies_charge_janitor_with_stealing_reward_money_in_haleigh_cumm

Janitor charged with theft of Haleigh Cummings reward cash
Man cleaned Baker County school bus garage where girl's grandmother drives

By Jim Schoettler Story updated at 3:44 PM on Thursday, Mar. 12, 2009

Baker County deputies have charged a janitor with stealing reward money collected by school bus drivers for information in Haleigh Cummings' disappearance.

Among the ties to Haleigh's case: the bus drivers include her maternal grandmother, Marie Griffis, school officials said.

Investigators charged Jeremy D. Leonard, 23, with grand theft after a school official reported the money missing March 4. An arrest report said deputies recovered the money after confronting Leonard.

The Macclenny man was released on $5,000 bail, court records show. Leonard told the Times-Union today that he found the money in a blank envelope and was holding it for safe keeping. He denied stealing anything.

The incident began after authorities were told that $670 in reward money, collected for information that would lead to Haleigh's whereabouts, had been stolen from envelopes at the Baker Bus Garage. The facility is where school buses are kept and maintained.

Deputies were told that keys to a cabinet where the money was kept were hidden in the office. There were no signs of forced entry into the building or the cabinet, the report said.

The report said the only person who had access to the building before the money was found missing was Leonard, a substitute janitor who works on an on-call basis. Deputies confronted Leonard and recovered $600 from his home on Violet Lane. The rest was found in his car, the report said.

Leonard said he found the envelope on the floor while cleaning. He said he called his boss to report the discovery, but couldn't reach her. He declined to identify who he called. He said he is being wrongly accused of theft.

"All I did was pick the money up off the floor," Leonard said. "It didn't say whose it was."

Leonard declined to discuss other details.

Sherrie Raulerson, the school system's superintendent, said news that the money was missing was "unthinkable" and she is pleased that it's been recovered. She said Leonard will no longer work for the school system.

"We're so happy that the money is going to the cause it was intended for," Raulerson said.

Baker County Sheriff Joey Dobson praised the bus drivers' for their work to help Haleigh and condemned any attempt to sabotage that effort.

"They thought well enough to help that family through bad times," Dobson said
cartfly
Monkey Junky

Thanks Brandi!

« Reply #839 on: March 13, 2009, 12:56:24 AM »

Klass--I agree with you completely.

Imo, no one in this family would be winning any awards for parent of the year. I do not doubt they love their children, but the past/present (?) drug use and family history in general, dont make them good parents in my opinion. It is just a viscious cycle that keeps repeating itself with each new generation in this family. I do not think family values are very high with this bunch. The children learn from the people they cherish (Ron/Crystal) what is right/wrong, they dont know any better. This being said, in the media the family has not shown that they are upstanding law abiding citizens, so a public opinion is made of them.

And a wedding? How selfish is that? In no way would that be a priority in my life if my child was missing. Maybe Ron/Crystal are trying to make themselves look like good/responsible parents in some way.

I could care less about these adults. My only concern is with that beautiful child and bringing her home.

My angels on earth, the Shriners-every thing they do is for the children and they never ask for anything in return. What a concept.....
http://www.shrinershq.org/Hospitals/Main/
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.