April 27, 2024, 04:50:42 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Haleigh Marie Cummings #6 3/11/09 - 3/14/09  (Read 588821 times)
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

HaLeigh~you are loved and in God's loving arms

« Reply #860 on: March 13, 2009, 01:18:37 AM »

Just thinking outloud- With this last charade of getting married, tv interview , maybe the

sale of photos will help in getting a good lawyer for their defense if they were found

involved in Haleigh's disappeance...

Great point JG!

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
rana
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #861 on: March 13, 2009, 01:19:52 AM »

Some more info, if you're into it, on "Touch DNA" from Scientific American. (Aug 2008)

"What is touch DNA? "

http://www.sciam.com/article.cfm?id=experts-touch-dna-jonbenet-ramsey

Jerseygirl345
Monkey Junky

« Reply #862 on: March 13, 2009, 01:21:01 AM »

I was just thinking about this search today, did I see a map of the area up here today??? I thought someone had put a map up of where that search was... anyone?

Searching the maps are on page 24.. I dont know how to post them..
Sieko
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #863 on: March 13, 2009, 01:21:03 AM »

I was just thinking about this search today, did I see a map of the area up here today??? I thought someone had put a map up of where that search was... anyone?
Here it is Searching
http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=4672.msg716122#msg716122
NickandNora
Monkey Junky

« Reply #864 on: March 13, 2009, 01:21:04 AM »

That said, what for me is a huge problem about the family is their actions in the aftermath of this horrible loss.  Those of us who have followed missing persons cases over the years have seen how various families have behaved in the face of their deep grief.  We have seen families from both ends of the economic strata and in between and what we see are behaviors that are common to the parents of the missing.  We see the weight loss because they can't eat, the hollowed out eyes (not hidden by sunglasses) because they can't sleep.  We see them helping with searches and search strategies, we see them using their resources not to get a tattoo but to print flyers or whatever they need to do to keep their child in the spotlight.  We see their shoulders droop under their burden and in their faces we see the absolute devastation that has taken place in their lives.  It is palpable.  Not in the overdone way Susan Smith cried heavy tears; we don't see dramatics, often we just see haunted people.

I've linked an article, below, about Chandra Levy's parents today, eight years after she was murdered.  They still can't get on with their lives.  It relates that when Chandra first disappeared, Mrs. Levy could not move from a fetal position on the sofa.  I think of the Levy's along with the Lunsford, Klaas, Rocha, Smart, Holloway Twitty families and I don't see any grieving families who can even think of getting married or moving on so soon.   

So while we certainly do not have license to make fun of people and the way they live, when the activities of close family of the missing engage in these antics during a sensitive time it does raise suspicion.  And suspicions should be discussed in depth.

MOO and JMHO

http://**/search/ci_11761732?IADID=Search-**-**

Very well said!

Thanks for the link.

Nora
TxLady2
Scared Monkey

« Reply #865 on: March 13, 2009, 01:22:09 AM »

I have been sitting on my hands too for fear of that button. And I will continue to sit on my hands until this case is solved. And I am sure that everyone that has posted all of the negative things about this family are honorable people and will come right back in here and apologize to this family if my theory is right. I have never seen a family with a missing child torn apart like this family has been. It speaks volumes to my me.....
jmo
I have no idea if Ron and Misty had anything to do with Haleigh's disappearance, but if they are found to be innocent I will not apologize for anything I have posted here.  Them partying it up today while Ron's child has been missing for a month is nothing but disgusting to me.  If it is found out that Crystal had something to do with this, it won't change the fact that Ron had more important things to tend to than looking for his daughter.

It just seems like why not make this a circus by having a wedding, it take some focus off of searching for little Haleigh

Jules I agree totally with you about the wedding.  I have to question the timing of the whole thing.  But, I am not sure how any of them can be out searching.  It has been over a month and even the LE and other people have stopped searching.  If I were in that position I just don't know what I would do.  Where would I search.  They certainly could have been with the authorities today I guess, but it was also reported that the LE met with them yesterday.  Seems if they had wanted them to be part of the search they would have told them then. 

Everyone keeps talking about Ron searching for his daughter, but realistically where would he search?  I understand he did in the beginning, but now no one is searching.  As sad as it is it is almost at a dead end.  I am just throwing this out for thought.

I don't have any idea who did this horrible thing, but again if I was in the same position I don't know what I would do.

In all fairness, families are usually not encouraged to search, especially after this long, when the child is feared dead, so as not to compromise a crime scene. But Ron did search in the beginning, according to news reports. There are a lot of other things they could be doing, though, and I'm not sure they haven't, just saying they could be doing something besides flying off to NYC for a honeymoon. Getting married would be the LAST thing on my mind, but I have a feeling it was either to keep from being charged with statutory rape, or to make it appear to a judge that he has a stable family life, when this custody issue comes up. Or Both.

Be who you are and say what you think; because those that matter won't mind.. and those that mind, don't matter.
lolabelle
Scared Monkey

« Reply #866 on: March 13, 2009, 01:22:28 AM »

Yes, scrolling on by page after page is hardly worth the effort of trying to read here when that's all that is posted ad nauseum is the bashing.

We don't know why they decided to get married at this particular time but it could be they are trying to do better with their lives just as easily as it could be some sort of selfish reason.  Maybe they decided that just living together with two small children in the house was not the best example to be setting, etc.  Or maybe they are expecting a child and thought it an improvement for one to be born inside of wedlock for a change, who knows?

Is being married not an improvement over shacking up with small kids?  Wouldn't want to give anybody the benefit of the doubt for trying to do something right for a change, however, now would we.

Will leave you in peace to continue the non-stop, page after weary page snarking.

And FTLOG don't any of you know that plastic thing in the middle of the cake is to keep the top of the box off the frosting?

Snark away. . . . am out of here as it's too negative for me.

Much respect Anna. Thankyou for enlightening those who need it.
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #867 on: March 13, 2009, 01:22:50 AM »

I think Brandi posted one in the map (and stuff?) thread.

This is where they searched today:

lolabelle
Scared Monkey

« Reply #868 on: March 13, 2009, 01:25:07 AM »

Some more info, if you're into it, on "Touch DNA" from Scientific American. (Aug 2008)

"What is touch DNA? "

http://www.sciam.com/article.cfm?id=experts-touch-dna-jonbenet-ramsey

Thank you sooo much Rana for this link. I hope and pray there's something there!
Jerseygirl345
Monkey Junky

« Reply #869 on: March 13, 2009, 01:25:54 AM »

Good Night Monkeys....
jules3699
Scared Monkey

« Reply #870 on: March 13, 2009, 01:26:50 AM »

Good Night Monkeys....

night Jerseygirl!! Sweet dreams!

islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

HaLeigh~you are loved and in God's loving arms

« Reply #871 on: March 13, 2009, 01:27:10 AM »

Good Night Monkeys....

Night JG~thanks for that earlier picture, I nearly peed myself I was laughing so hard.

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
Searching
Monkey Junky

Got my Anti Anthony Koolaid helmet on ,I'm ready!

« Reply #872 on: March 13, 2009, 01:27:48 AM »

Thank you wonderful monkeys.

Sieko
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #873 on: March 13, 2009, 01:28:20 AM »

Have a good night JG.
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #874 on: March 13, 2009, 01:30:24 AM »

Good Night Monkeys....

Sleep well, JG!!

luckyday
Scared Monkey

« Reply #875 on: March 13, 2009, 01:30:35 AM »

Yes, scrolling on by page after page is hardly worth the effort of trying to read here when that's all that is posted ad nauseum is the bashing.

We don't know why they decided to get married at this particular time but it could be they are trying to do better with their lives just as easily as it could be some sort of selfish reason.  Maybe they decided that just living together with two small children in the house was not the best example to be setting, etc.  Or maybe they are expecting a child and thought it an improvement for one to be born inside of wedlock for a change, who knows?

Is being married not an improvement over shacking up with small kids?  Wouldn't want to give anybody the benefit of the doubt for trying to do something right for a change, however, now would we.

Will leave you in peace to continue the non-stop, page after weary page snarking.

And FTLOG don't any of you know that plastic thing in the middle of the cake is to keep the top of the box off the frosting?

It has taken me a full week just to finally get it through my head that the two of them were really getting married. So,  okay. Got it. But, then - the trip to New York absolutely threw me for a loop and for the life of me, I cannot get past it and honestly, DON'T WANT TO!! It seems every single time I try to give these two the benefit of the doubt, they pull another mind boggling stunt. I am expecting Misty to be pregnant. I highly doubt there is much that the pair of them could do at this point in time to register shock to my system.

The majority here have literally been tearing our hair out trying to come up with an explanation as to what happened to Haleigh. We have mapped, googled, searched the internet, compared notes and theories, lost sleep, haven't eaten properly, had nightmares.

Today was just off the chain RIDICULOUS AND COMPLETELY AND TOTALLY INAPPROPRIATE and I needed the chortle - so please, hand me a blankie, a fig newton, a cup of tea and a handbasket. And to anyone reading - we mean well - we are just BEYOND FRUSTRATED!!

Mark Twain:
Always tell the truth. That way, you don't have to remember what you said.
Sieko
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #876 on: March 13, 2009, 01:30:42 AM »

This is where they searched today:

Here's a link to the map if you want to zoom in.  Hope this works.
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=satsuma,+fl&daddr=crescent+city,+fl&hl=en&geocode=&mra=ls&sll=35.61231,-102.899865&sspn=27.028482,56.953125&ie=UTF8&t=h&z=12
NickandNora
Monkey Junky

« Reply #877 on: March 13, 2009, 01:32:17 AM »

Anna...off topic but I just HAVE to ask, if you, or anyone else, doesn't mind...that little doggie avatar is so cute! Is that your dog? I've been trying so hard to get my hubby to agree to having a pet dog. He's caving in more about it as time passes. So I've been trying to decide what kind to get. I LOVE that pooch in the picture. What kind of dog is he/she?
rana
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #878 on: March 13, 2009, 01:33:39 AM »

Much respect Anna. Thankyou for enlightening those who need it.

Perhaps, Lolabelle, everyone could be left to his own volition and decide for themselves who needs what, instead of having it dictated.

I respect everyone's input, not just those with whom I agree; And I also don't feel the need to try to stifle or silence those who hold opinions that happen to be incongruent with mine.

MOO <--My Opinion Only

jules3699
Scared Monkey

« Reply #879 on: March 13, 2009, 01:33:43 AM »

The reason this thread has taken this turn is because there has been NO INFORMATION about what happened to Haleigh.

Fact of the matter is, unless Haleigh was taken by a family friend and someone actually knows where she is, Haleigh is likely dead.  Those are the odds.  That is reality.

Now, if you didn't know where your child was would you even consider getting married?  I wouldn't and I know very few people who would.  Does that make them guilty of something...NO, but it does show their thought process.

Totally agree also!!

Exactly...it's awful how there's no information...nothing at all. That leads LE as well as other people to take a closer look at the last person to have seen her, and the people and environment in which she lives in. Oh, I almost typed out "lived" ...past tense. That made my heart so heavy.

But that's what naturally happens and how things go with LE also. Everyone is a suspect, but the people closest to the missing person are looked at again more carefully. It does matter what kind of characteristics the people have, what kind of decisions they make, mistakes they've made, alot of things are important as they do play a role in putting some pieces together. We can get carried away with that sometimes and poke fun rather than studying...like criminal profilers do... but, I love the way the monkeys here work things out. You guys really are the best on the net imo.

It IS weird to get married while your child is missing and even weirder to be so happy like Misty has been acting. She acts like a child...much more immature than a 17 yr old. I have a 17 yr old daughter and she acts NOTHING like that. When they were getting their license and she hopped up those steps waving with that smile...lawwwd.

I can't help it, but my first impression of Misty was... I wonder if she lost her cool that Haleigh wet the bed (she talked about that in her first interviews) and perhaps things went way overboard with her dealing with that. That happens to so many children over potty training and such. One of my husband's ex co-workers seemed like a nice enough guy, but if you made him mad he would just lose it. There were alot of people shocked when he was arrested. One day he lost it when his four yr old son had an accident and he beat the poor little darlin to death. You hear about this happening a lot...or the child was nearly beaten to death over potty training accidents. It just tears the heart out to hear what happens to these little ones.

I could be very wrong...but hubby and I study the actions and characteristics because they do play a part. It does matter that Ron does drugs and acts so ANGRY. It matters that Misty acts so immature even for her age. It matters that Crystal left those kids when she left Ron and didn't put up a fight to keep them with her knowing Ron is allegedly violent. Almost everything they do and act matters because it is possible that information can help you find some answers. As long as it doesn't go too far. But how far too far is...is up to the moderator. I think the mod here does a VERY good job at handling that.

You're right. As long as it has been, and there's just nothing to go on, things look very bleak. I would love for the theory of her being taken and hidden by one of the parents to be true because that means she's safe somewhere...even though it's an awful deed. But I'm with those that think these two parents just couldn't pull it off. The more time passes, the more hubby and I both think she's not alive. It's so horrible.

those are my thoughts too! Nick and Nora

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.