April 25, 2024, 09:42:04 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Case Discussion #807 3/12/09 - 3/17/09am  (Read 218207 times)
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2009, 09:48:15 PM »

Not new info but I thought I'd post it anyway:

http://www.usatoday.com/life/television/news/2009-03-12-pollan-natalee-holloway_N.htm

Pollan plays Natalee Holloway's mother

By Gary Strauss, USA TODAY
As the mother of four, Tracy Pollan could relate to the plight of Beth Holloway Twitty, whom she plays in Lifetime Movie Network's Natalee Holloway (April 19, 8 ET/9 PT ).
Holloway is the Alabama teen who disappeared on a 2005 trip to Aruba. "I felt so much compassion for her, " Pollan says of Twitty, from the set in South Africa. "That could be my daughter."

Holloway (Amy Gumenick) disappeared after partying with several local men. Although suspects were detained, no one was charged in the case.

The movie is based on Twitty's Loving Natalee. Pollan says it was initially tough to see Twitty. "It's still an open wound," says Pollan, 48. "Every day, the scenes must have been gut-wrenching. But she's an amazing person."
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2009, 09:56:05 PM »

Good evening.  It is snowing here tonight.  Up to 3 inches expected.  Monday (or was it Tuesday) it was 82 degrees.  Daffodils, peony's, day lilys, bradford pears, dogwoods are all budded out and the snow against all that is pretty.

My question for the evening, what has become of the ROV video?  Has it been sold or was it turned over to ALE in exchange for something else?
I think this needs to be our next project.

This was discussed a little at the tail end of the last thread, based on Kyles words.  Not sure of how many people now have the video other than Kyle and key persons on the Persistence, per the statements we have read. 

Edit:  oops
« Last Edit: March 12, 2009, 10:40:47 PM by 2NJSons_Mom » Logged

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
Buckeye
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #22 on: March 12, 2009, 09:59:37 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=scEgX_CI2P8&feature=related
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #23 on: March 12, 2009, 10:33:55 PM »

Good evening.  It is snowing here tonight.  Up to 3 inches expected.  Monday (or was it Tuesday) it was 82 degrees.  Daffodils, peony's, day lilys, bradford pears, dogwoods are all budded out and the snow against all that is pretty.

My question for the evening, what has become of the ROV video?  Has it been sold or was it turned over to ALE in exchange for something else?

This was discussed a little at the tale end of the last thread, based on Kyles words.  Not sure of how many people now have the video other than Kyle and key persons on the Persistence, per the statements we have read. 
If everything is on the "up and up" -- there should be NO problem releasing ALL ROV footage!! Right??? 

2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #24 on: March 12, 2009, 10:43:28 PM »

This was discussed a little at the tale end of the last thread, based on Kyles words.  Not sure of how many people now have the video other than Kyle and key persons on the Persistence, per the statements we have read. 
If everything is on the "up and up" -- there should be NO problem releasing ALL ROV footage!! Right??? 

One would think so, Wreck.  Someday, soon......?

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #25 on: March 12, 2009, 10:45:30 PM »

Mother preaches travel safety
Kaitlyn Tucker
Staff Writer
Wednesday, Mar 11, 2009
There were few dry eyes in the Bologna Performing Arts Center Tuesday by the time Beth Holloway concluded her presentation.
Holloway came to Delta State University to speak to college students, high school juniors and seniors, as well as parents, about travel safety.
Her story is a familiar one to most in the audience.
On May 30, 2005, her daughter, Natalee, went missing during a graduation trip to Aruba.
“She didn’t get to go to college like she planned,” said Holloway. “She didn’t get to do any of the things she’d planned. She was kidnapped, raped and murdered on the last night of her vacation.”
Natalee’s friends reported the 18-year-old missing after she did not return to their hotel or show up to the airport on their last day in Aruba.
“We discussed certain safety issues before she left,” Holloway remembered. “I told her to watch out for herself at the night clubs they’d be going to. Four days later, my cell phone rang.
“It was a number I didn’t recognize,” continued Holloway. “Her friends had called to say that no one had seen her.
“I had to find out what happened.”
Holloway flew to Aruba and launched a search for her missing daughter.
She arrived at the same hotel where Natalee and her high school friends had stayed.
“We found her clothes packed neatly, her passport, her cell phone,” said Holloway. “She was all set to come home.”
For the next week, Holloway searched for her daughter without eating, sleeping or bathing.
After a whirlwind week of putting up flyers, searching through brothels and crack houses and trying to discover what had happened to Natalee, Holloway was dealt a blow.
“On the fourth morning, we got back to the hotel in the wee hours of the morning,” said Holloway. “There was a knock on our door. It was one of the hotel employees telling us the security tapes were ready.”
Holloway entered a room lined with Aruban police officers and sat down to watch the tapes from the hotel lobby from the night Natalee disappeared.
Holloway and the investigators had been told that Juran Van der Sloot and two of his friends dropped Natalee off at the hotel.
Natalee never walked through the door.
“After being numb for days, there was pain,” Holloway said.
Holloway had known 17-year-old Van der Sloot was one of the last people to see Natalee. She had confronted him early on in the investigation.
“He bought drinks for her,” Holloway said. “He graphically described the sexual acts he did with her as she fell asleep and woke back up. He described Natalee getting out of the car, stumbling and bumping her head going in to the hotel.”
Nearly three years later, Van der Sloot confessed to the crimes while in a taxicab. A Dutch crime reporter named Peter De Vries had a hidden camera set up in the vehicle and the confession was caught on tape.
“He said that she had a seizure,” said Holloway. “He said that he didn’t know what to do and wasn’t sure if she was alive or not.
“He arranged someone to take her body out to sea,” Holloway continued. “I believe a date rape drug was used and Natalee overdosed.
“Aruban authorities will not take action against (Van der Sloot), a judge’s son.”
Holloway’s own experiences have lead her to teach travel safety and education to young people across 25 states.
“I think it’s the best way to remember Natalee,” she said. “The best thing I can ask is that you initiate a full circle safety plan.
“You are the only one who can save yourself,” continued Holloway. “Thoroughly prepare before you leave. Get educated about where you’re going.”
Holloway suggested learning basic laws of any country you’re visiting, as well as locations and phone numbers for the American Consulate and police precincts.
“Activate international calling,” said Holloway, remembering Natalee’s cell phone laying in her hotel room. She had left it because she did not have international calling.
“Never tell anyone what day you’re leaving,” continued Holloway. “The entire island knew it was Mountain Brook High School’s last night.”
Holloway noted that in some tourist locations, like Aruba, visitors are likely to get taken advantage of on their last day.
“If they know when you leave, they know you have a plane to catch and will be less likely to file a report,” explained Holloway.
“No matter what, personal safety is up to you,” Holloway continued. “Create a plan and take it full circle.”
The evening ended with a video tribute to Natalee.

Copyright © 2009 The Bolivar Commercial, a division of Cleveland Newspapers, Inc. All rights reserved.

The information contained herein is protected by the copyright laws of the United States. The copyright laws prohibit any copying, redistributing, retransmitting, broadcasting or repurposing of any copyright-protected material. 

http://www.bolivarcom.com/index.cfm?event=news.view&id=F7564D1C-19B9-E2E2-67A38D7B28954FA8

Beth Holloway is a bright shinning beacon of light who has reached beyond the darknes has changed her life forever.  Beth offers such great advice.  I only hope young people will heed it.

Janet

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #26 on: March 12, 2009, 10:47:18 PM »

Unless they sold all rights to the ROV footage.

The will of heaven be done in this and all things.
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #27 on: March 12, 2009, 10:49:01 PM »

................... and the "buyer" was probably Aruba/AHATA!

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #28 on: March 12, 2009, 10:50:31 PM »

Thank goodness for the ROV images that Robin Holloway and Kyle Kingman did release.  Thank goodness for the Natalee's Freebirds sharing Kyle Kingman's own words pertaining to the John Silvetti betrayal of family ... betrayal of those who prayerfully and monetarily support the Persistence search for Natalee Holloway's remains.

Janet

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Keepthefaith
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #29 on: March 12, 2009, 10:53:01 PM »

How can you sell evidence in a missing persons case???Anyone..

"A small body of determined spirits fired by an unquenchable faith in their mission can alter the course of history."

MOHANDAS GANDHI
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #30 on: March 12, 2009, 11:08:11 PM »

I do not have a clue Keepthefaith.

However ... I believe that the FBI has enough with Kyle Kingman's own words regarding the suspicious happenings on board the Persistence as well as the ROV images to haul Kyle Kingman, Tim Trahan, John Silvetti and Louis Shaefer in for questioning.  Then there are the perspectives of other crew members.

Keepthefaith ... I can sense that you are really have a rough time of it.  I hope you will be on the mend really soon.

Hugs

Janet

_____

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #31 on: March 12, 2009, 11:10:34 PM »

Looks like the server went down for a couple minutes.  Back up now!
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #32 on: March 12, 2009, 11:12:51 PM »

I think People of all ages are catching onto this HINKY thing you have going on there 

I think you have started a new craze Janet..

I know my kids are twisted over that "I Like You" Monkey, YouTube video that Klassend posted some time back..

When they wont wake up in the morning I play it loud for them.. 

My daughter says she can't get it out of her head... 

Sorry I need to learn to embed..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HrQyCF65u_0

Edward ... to get my kids out of bed ... I used to open their doors ... stick my head through the door and belt out "It's a Beautiful Morning".  Considering ... I have never been able to carry a turn ... it worked every time.

Janet

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #33 on: March 12, 2009, 11:14:13 PM »

Looks like the server went down for a couple minutes.  Back up now!

I thought I was banned.

I promise never to be off topic again.

Janet

_____

Keepthefaith
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #34 on: March 12, 2009, 11:16:24 PM »

I do not have a clue Keepthefaith.

However ... I believe that the FBI has enough with Kyle Kingman's own words regarding the suspicious happenings on board the Persistence as well as the ROV images to haul Kyle Kingman, Tim Trahan, John Silvetti and Louis Shaefer in for questioning.  Then there are the perspectives of other crew members.

Keepthefaith ... I can sense that you are really have a rough time of it.  I hope you will be on the mend really soon.

Hugs

Janet

Still a little worn out but overall feeing better!Can't count how many bowls of chicken noodle soup,glasses of orange juice,warm water with fresh squeezed lemon juice....THE BATTLE CONTINUES....

I was just pondering about something that is potential evidence,never turned over to the FBI and the family being sold for profit..Hinky or Illegal?Just a thought.

"A small body of determined spirits fired by an unquenchable faith in their mission can alter the course of history."

MOHANDAS GANDHI
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #35 on: March 12, 2009, 11:28:21 PM »

Still a little worn out but overall feeing better!Can't count how many bowls of chicken noodle soup,glasses of orange juice,warm water with fresh squeezed lemon juice....THE BATTLE CONTINUES....

I was just pondering about something that is potential evidence,never turned over to the FBI and the family being sold for profit..Hinky or Illegal?Just a thought.

Glad you're feeling better KTF!   

How do ya like that stack?????   

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #36 on: March 12, 2009, 11:30:18 PM »

KTF,
Forgot to add....if it's not illegal; it should be!   

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #37 on: March 12, 2009, 11:36:23 PM »

Houston, we've got problems!

I keep getting shut out!   

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #38 on: March 12, 2009, 11:38:24 PM »

Something Hinky.

A mistake was made with an introduction to a March, 2009 airing of a Natalee Holloway program but ... a mistake was also made in January, 2009.  I do not think so.

I contend there must be a Kurtis Production somewhere out there covering the Persistence search for Natalee Holloway's remains in the Aruban waters.

Janet

++++++++

What Happened to Natalee Holloway?
Thursday 12 March 8:00AM HK/SIN/MAL 7:00AM Thai/WIB
Thursday 12 March 2:00PM HK/SIN/MAL 1:00PM Thai/WIB
Saturday 14 March 1:00PM HK/SIN/MAL 12:00PM Thai/WIB

In December of 2007, eight men from across the United States will set out on an extraordinary mission. On a specially equipped, multi-million dollar ship, they will travel to the deep waters off the island of Aruba. They are searching not for sunken treasure, but something far more valuable to them – a missing 18 year-old named Natalee Holloway.

The leader of the effort is Tim Miller, founder of Texas EquuSearch and the father of a 16 year- old girl who was kidnapped and murdered in 1984. Miller has now taken on the recovery of Natalee Holloway as a personal calling. Miller and Natalee Holloway’s father Dave Holloway, believe that Natalee was likely placed in a crab trap or a steel drum and dumped 3-5 miles offshore, which is where they will focus the search.

Miller has assembled a team of underwater engineering experts from Underwater Expeditions and will bring an arsenal of resources, including hi-tech sonar scanning equipment, underwater video and the help of the FBI and Dutch authorities. The team has but one goal: to bring Natalee home.

Kurtis Productions has been granted exclusive access to what will be the most extensive deep water search to date for Holloway’s body. In this documentary special, Bill Kurtis will join the search and document the recovery mission. He will also revisit Natalee Holloway’s disappearance and subsequent investigation to try and answer the questions on everyone’s mind – where is Natalee? And will her case ever be solved?

http://www.citvasia.com/detailssynopsis.aspx?libId=336&sId=168&sTime=1200

What Happened To Natalee Holloway
1 Jan, 09 Sky's blog | | 86 reads
CRIME & INVESTIGATION – Sunday 11 January, 9.30pm

In December of 2007, eight men from across the United States set out on an extraordinary mission. On a specially equipped, multi-million dollar ship, they will travel to the deep waters off the island of Aruba. They are searching not for sunken treasure, but something far more valuable to them, a missing 18 year-old named Natalee Holloway

http://www.throng.co.nz/documentary/what-happened-natalee-holloway

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #39 on: March 12, 2009, 11:40:23 PM »

I am off to have a game of something with hubby.

GOOD NIGHT MONKEYS!!  GOOD NIGHT ZOOKEEPERS!!

Janet
8:40 PM PT

_____

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.