April 26, 2024, 08:35:42 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Man faces charge of raping 5 year old girl  (Read 3601 times)
sleddogs
Monkey Junky Jr.

« on: March 11, 2009, 11:26:29 PM »

You never know how close this hits home. This happened 2 blocks from my house. And  no this SOB was nor in any data bases. He's lucky the father didn't kill him.

http://www.tribtoday.com/page/content.detail/id/519041.html?nav=5021

WARREN TOWNSHIP - A Leavittsburg man was arrested on a charge of rape Monday after police said he was caught in the act of sexually molesting a 5-year-old girl.

Police said further charges likely will be filed against Guy McFarland, 35, of Leavittsburg, as part of an investigation, possibly involving "several other kids" in the same household.

McFarland pleaded not guilty to his charge Tuesday in Warren Municipal Court and was being held without bond in Trumbull County Jail.

According to Warren Township Lt. Donald Bishop, McFarland had been living with an ex-wife, her husband and their children at a home on Kayser Road in Leavittsburg. He's originally from the Champion area and moved to the home from Georgia about six months ago, Bishop said.

Monday, the couple left the home to work on another house on Youngstown-Warren Road in Warren. The husband had to stop back at home for supplies about 3 p.m. and walked in to find McFarland sexually assaulting the girl, police reports state.

The husband attacked and beat McFarland, and the police were then called, reports state.

Bishop said several other children ages 5 to 10 had been living in the home, and police are trying to determine if they had been involved in similar activity. Two of the children living in the home belonged to McFarland and his ex-wife, and three to his ex-wife and her husband, reports state.

The case remains under investigation

Also

See video of perp

http://www.wytv.com/mostpopular/story/Warren-Township-Rape-Charge/m4-O8CzCWUqxg77tzvVzpw.cspx

Lt. Don Bishop of the Warren Township Police Department says this is the first time in his 20 years in law enforcement where he can remember that the father of a victim walked in on an alleged rape, but that's exactly what they say happened.

Bishop says the father of a 5 year old girl walked into his home Monday afternoon and found a family friend, Guy McFarland, involved in an alleged sex act with the small child.

"He walked right in and just proceeded to beat the guy up," Bishop said.  McFarland was taken to a local hospital to be treated for his injuries and then booked in the county jail.  He plead innocent to a count of rape.

Meanwhile, prosecutors say no charges will be filed against the father.  "We have prosecutorial discretion and as a matter of humanity we understand what he did, and while we are not advocating handling matters that way, it wouldn't make any sense to file charges against the father," said Traci Timko-Rose, an assistant Warren City prosecutor.

Police say they are continuing to investigate the rape case.  They say there are several other children living in the house ranging in age from 5 to 10 years old so they want to talk to them to find out what they may know.

"I didn't sleep very well last night over this whole deal.  There are a lot of issues involved.  There could be further charges down the road," Bishop said.

McFarland is being held in the county jail without bond.  He is expected back in court next week.

Who said Siberian Huskies are too big to be lap dogs?

If ya ain't the lead sleddog, the scenery never changes.
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2009, 09:11:10 AM »

I would have killed the guy!  that poor little child... words fail me at the moment!

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2009, 09:08:23 PM »

POSTED: April 16, 2009
More charges for alleged rapist
WARREN - A Trumbull County grand jury on Wednesday issued a multi-count superseding indictment against a man already accused of rape, leveling 19 additional rape and sexual imposition allegations involving four more young victims.

Guy Brandon McFarland, 35, of Leavittsburg, has remained in Trumbull County Jail in lieu of $1 million bond since his arrest March 9 when Warren Township police say the victim's father caught McFarland in the act of molesting a 5-year-old girl.

A bloodied and beaten McFarland appeared in court the next day and pleaded not guilty to a rape charge.

Since then, prosecutors presented more evidence to the grand jury, which found probable cause to accuse him of 14 counts of rape, which carry potential life sentences because of the age of the victims, and six counts of gross sexual imposition, third-degree felonies that carry penalties of one to five years.

All counts occurred between December and March 9, and the same indictments spell out the ages of the girls as 5, 6, 7, 9 and 10.

Victims younger than 10 and rapes that carry a specification that force or threat of force was used in the crimes could mean McFarland - if convicted - could face penalties of 25 years to life behind bars, according to county Assistant Prosecutor Diane Barber, who was assigned the case.

According to Warren Township Lt. Donald Bishop, McFarland had been living with an ex-wife, her husband and their children at a home on Kayser Road in Leavittsburg. He's originally from the Champion area and moved to the home from Georgia about seven months ago.

The couple had left the home March 9 to work on another house on Youngstown Warren Road. The husband stopped back at home for supplies about 3 p.m. and walked in to find McFarland sexually assaulting a girl, police said. The husband attacked McFarland.

Two of the children living in the home belonged to McFarland and his ex-wife, and three to his ex-wife and her husband, police reports state.

http://www.tribtoday.com/page/content.detail/id/520721.html?nav=5004

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
rebelgirl901
Scared Monkey

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2009, 04:28:47 PM »

First & Foremost: I would have killed the s.o.b. and then called 911.  What a piece of trash.

Second: Why on earth was this guy living with his ex and her new husband & children?  I just don't understand people.

Justice 4 Natalee/Justice 4 Caylee<br /><br />Where is Lindsey Baum
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.