March 29, 2024, 07:31:32 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: President Obama warns of US food 'hazard'  (Read 4623 times)
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2009, 08:56:29 PM »

One of the best shopping experiences I have is going to the stores in neighborhoods with high populations of Jewish people around and after Passover.  Many stores carry special expanded sections fill with foods for Passover.

Things I like include the variety of macaroons.  Some places have like thirty different kinds, several brands, and many flavors.  They go on sale, and super-sale after the holiday.  The macaroons come in good cans and last a long time. 

They also have potato pancake mixes, special Matzos (many flavors, brands), and a host of other things - like marshmallows that are just special.  In my experience, the Kosher foods may also be lower in sodium, reduced or no sodium.   

Everyday food - the Kosher hot dogs (balogna and salami) are among the best around, not many come close.  People with food allergies often shop for Kosher meats - you know what you're getting and it's dependable.

imho

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
LouiseVargas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #21 on: March 17, 2009, 10:25:09 PM »

You are so welcome, WhiskeyGirl. Thank you for liking my post.

You are correct, sick animals would not be considered kosher. I'm not an oracle but I, too, have never heard of problems or recalls of kosher meat. The orthodoxy is really serious. The meat is really delicious.

With kind regards to you WG,
Louise

Hope is everything. I see angels everywhere.
Pages: « 1 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.