April 16, 2024, 03:28:09 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Haleigh Marie Cummings #7 3/14/09 - 3/18/09  (Read 311807 times)
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #1080 on: March 16, 2009, 04:44:32 PM »

Thanks so much Brandi 
rana
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1081 on: March 16, 2009, 04:55:51 PM »

I thought the biological mother Crystal was only 17 herself when Haleigh was born.  Seems odd that she would find a 17 year old objectionable for a five year old but herself OK for a newborn?
I could be wrong, but usually bio mothers have a stronger bond with their kids than a g/f who inherited the children via a wangsta.............MOO
I don't think it is particularly wise to use the age of the babysitter when it is the same age as the mother when she gave birth.  And a newborn is definitely far more fragile than a five year old.  Just saying that this is the first question a judge is going to ask her if she tries to regain custody based on a babysitter the same age as she was when she gave birth.
I would think the judge, if he/she has any sense at all, will first consider that Crystal gave birth to the child, which makes a LOT of difference when caring for one, and that two children make a difference, rather than just an infant, especially if they are not your own. Considering that an infant can not run off and hide, tear things down, jump up and down on the furniture... any number of things kids do to frustrate parents, whereas with an infant, as long as you feed them, bathe them and change their diapers pretty often, everything is pretty well taken care of. And I believe that Crystal had turned 18 by the time Haleigh was born. Being pregnant at 17 does not necessarily mean she was still 17, nine months later.
with respect, let's not tell that to adoptive mothers or to step mothers caring for children...xxxx
because one gives birth to a child does not mean that she will be a better mom in my opinion...look at Casey Anthony, Susan Smith just to name a few....but I do get your point on this...
Crystal will be 24 in April...Haleigh will be 6 in August....so she could have just turned 18 when she gave birth...when is Misty going to be 18?
I was only referring to THIS case, not all of them, and I did not say anything about being better. I was merely replying to the poster's statement that that would be the first thing a judge would ask.  And in retrospect, Misty was only 16 when she moved in and took over the care of the kids, so if I were Crystal, I would be concerned as well.  I used to babysit kids when I was much younger than that, but I did not have the care of them 24/7 either... that makes a difference. And as far as I know Misty has not adopted them, and was not yet their stepmother when she took on their care. I would bet that she didn't move in just because she loved the kids, her goal was to get Ronnie, and the kids were part of the package.

Excellent post, TxLady2;

And Anna, I don't have all the DOB's handy, but in my opinion, there is significant difference b/w CS caring for ONE infant at age 18, (She was 18 when Haleigh was born; Was she not?) compared to an at-the-time 16 yr old Fibsty taking care of TWO kids ages 5 and 3 1/2 - at the time. (Ok to be fair, Fibsty was 16 and 8 months.)    (?)

Sorry if the dates are off by a few days; No need to flame for it (not you TxLady); At least the dates are off by a few days, not a few years K? So the salient points that TxLady and HigherHopes and others made on the issue, still stand, imo.

Cookie, imo, CS's caring for one infant at age 18.... or any female at 18 - whether she were the mother, step-mother, or adopted mother - is very different from the situation that took place from Sept 2008 with Ron Ron and Fibsty - in which Fibsty at-the-time- was neither mother, step-mother, or adopted mother. Anna, IIRC, Fibsty was 16 and some months caring for an at-the-time 5 yr old AND 3 1/2  yr old. BIG DIFFERENCE....in my opinion. BTW, Fibsty will be 18 in Dec 2009 IIRC.

And add to that --- take a look at the documents. It is not "specualtion" or "trash talk" or "heresay" that Ron Ron told the judge who handled the custody case that his children would be in the care of his mother and grandmother.

Did Ron Ron notify the judge that Ron intended NOT to keep that part of the agreement that he had with the judge who was handling the custody case regarding the caregivers being his mother and grandmother starting Sept 2008 and into the indefinite future??

And did Ron further notify the judge who was  handling the custody, that the 24/7 caregiver would NOT, in fact, be his mother or grandmother as he had led the judge to believe, but that things had changed and an at-the-time 16 yr old live-in paramour with whom he was committing a stat rape felony would become  the "new" caregiver?

How would the judge have received that little nugget of newsflash??  Oh that's right; The judge probably was not nontified of the new arrangement.

MOO

islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

HaLeigh~you are loved and in God's loving arms

« Reply #1082 on: March 16, 2009, 04:56:03 PM »

I am wondering why Misty's Tennessee cousin, Joseph Miller, is not being investigated.  Wasn't it said that he had abused Misty at one point in her younger life?  Does he not fit the bill?  Misty could be scared of him, a tie stemming back from her younger years of abuse....that is if that is in fact truth.  Still think he should be investigated.

Jeremy Miller is in prison for molesting her yrs ago when they were both teens IIRC, Joe Everstreet (her couisn) was questioned by LE, cleared and now after Misty's dad paid a visit to LE is back to no one is cleared.............aye, aye aye
I thought that Miller was the one that had visited her...this case is so confusing.

I know and it never gets better! Plus, I remember when I was pregnant~my brain went nutty, I'd have sworn the little suckers were sucked all my IQ out of me

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
minnie
Scared Monkey

Jubilee

« Reply #1083 on: March 16, 2009, 04:57:11 PM »

I read somewhere that since 2005 Ronald Cummings had not been in trouble or arrested.  This was because he has custody of his children.  I can't find his arrest record to confirm this, but if it is true I think it is an amazing turn around for him.

MM
rana
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1084 on: March 16, 2009, 05:01:12 PM »

How can I dare guess or suggest that the judge handling the custody was not notified of the new arrangements that Ron had made?

B/c if the judge were aware that a felony were taking place and also that the agreement about caregiving were not being upheld as stated - and the judge then subsequently took no action -  wouldn't he be turninig a blind eye to a statutory rape ? (Is it not a felony?)

Well, if so then, Quell suprise!! yet again.

It would just be turning another blind eye to add to the list of blind eyes in this effed up situation which are a despicable disservice to Haleigh and Jr....imo.

OK  now it's time for the familiar refrain that, "it is one-sided" which is dismissive of all the posters who clearly (imo) put thought and deliberation into reading, researching, and carefully forming their  opinions and comments .

But b/c some don't "like" some views, these views are seemed "one-sided." Sheesh.

To illustrate the so called one-sided point......

Well, in the US, it is day outside right now.

" I CALL ONE-SIDED!!"

Well, we can't seem to find something "nice" to say about Drew Peterson.

"I CALL ONE-SIDED!!"

Sheesh on a cracker.... and no, I am not comparing Cummings to Peterson. I do, however, have an apt comparison, but it is not printable in this venue.

MOO

Searching
Monkey Junky

Got my Anti Anthony Koolaid helmet on ,I'm ready!

« Reply #1085 on: March 16, 2009, 05:07:26 PM »

How can I dare guess or suggest that the judge handling the custody was not notified of the new arrangements that Ron had made?

B/c if the judge were aware that a felony were taking place and also that the agreement about caregiving were not being upheld as stated - and the judge then subsequently took no action -  wouldn't he be turninig a blind eye to a statutory rape ? (Is it not a felony?)

Well, if so then, Quell suprise!! yet again.

It would just be turning another blind eye to add to the list of blind eyes in this effed up situation which are a despicable disservice to Haleigh and Jr....imo.

OK  now it's time for the familiar refrain that, "it is one-sided" which is dismissive of all the posters who clearly (imo) put thought and deliberation into reading, researching, and carefully forming their  opinions and comments .

But b/c some don't "like" some views, these views are seemed "one-sided." Sheesh.

To illustrate the so called one-sided point......

Well, in the US, it is day outside right now.

" I CALL ONE-SIDED!!"

Well, we can't seem to find something "nice" to say about Drew Peterson.

"I CALL ONE-SIDED!!"

Sheesh on a cracker.... and no, I am not comparing Cummings to Peterson. I do, however, have an apt comparison, but it is not printable in this venue.

MOO

See, It is the snotty posts like this that turn people away from this thread. I for one am fed up. I find it funny that the ones posting these are complaining about some posting their views on how ALL need to be looked at objectively and how we all have a right to our opinions,yet they complain if we post them. The nasty snarky posts from you rana have just really topped it off for me.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1086 on: March 16, 2009, 05:09:51 PM »

Reminder ~  This is a missing person's thread.  A missing little girl, Haleigh Marie Cummings, to be exact.  Please, lets discuss this case, not one another. 

This is NOT what posting on a missing person's thread looks like:

« Last Edit: March 16, 2009, 05:12:10 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1087 on: March 16, 2009, 05:17:06 PM »

I'm sorry to moderate and run, but I need to take my son to a guitar lesson.  I hope when I return, there will be posting here that is on topic and in a civil manner to one another. 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #1088 on: March 16, 2009, 05:20:15 PM »

SATSUMA, FL -- 'Haleigh Bug' Headquarters will soon be open to help in the search for 5-year-old Haleigh Cummings.

Her mother, Crystal Sheffield and some family friends are working together to open the new facility, where anyone can stop by and offer support and tips for detectives.

The headquarters is located at 1185 U.S. 17 in Satsuma. The interior will soon be painted purple because that is Haleigh's favorite color and pictures of the little girl will decorate the walls.

The Foundation got its name because Sheffield and her family called Haleigh by the nickname, Haleigh Bug.

Jeremiah Regan is a family friend and has been a big help in spearheading the project. He said someone will always be at the headquarters, 24 hours a day.

READ: FULL COVERAGE OF SEARCH FOR HALEIGH

If you want to donate to the Haleigh Bug Foundation, call (954) 553-6514. A web site dedicated to the foundation will soon be up and running.

Call Crime Stoppers at 1-888-277-TIPS if you have any information. The reward for Haleigh's return is up to $35,000.

©2009 First Coast News. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, rewritten, or redistributed.

SATSUMA, FL -- 'Haleigh Bug' Headquarters will soon be open to help in the search for 5-year-old Haleigh Cummings.

Her mother, Crystal Sheffield and some family friends are working together to open the new facility, where anyone can stop by and offer support and tips for detectives.

The headquarters is located at 1185 U.S. 17 in Satsuma. The interior will soon be painted purple because that is Haleigh's favorite color and pictures of the little girl will decorate the walls.

The Foundation got its name because Sheffield and her family called Haleigh by the nickname, Haleigh Bug.

Jeremiah Regan is a family friend and has been a big help in spearheading the project. He said someone will always be at the headquarters, 24 hours a day.

If you want to donate to the Haleigh Bug Foundation, call (954) 553-6514. A web site dedicated to the foundation will soon be up and running.

Call Crime Stoppers at 1-888-277-TIPS if you have any information. The reward for Haleigh's return is up to $35,000.

©2009 First Coast News. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, rewritten, or redistributed.

Searching
Monkey Junky

Got my Anti Anthony Koolaid helmet on ,I'm ready!

« Reply #1089 on: March 16, 2009, 05:20:50 PM »

Have a good day monkeys. I am going to find something to do..

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1090 on: March 16, 2009, 05:27:03 PM »

Rana has been banned.  They may be an intellegent poster but I've received too many complaints about them to respond to. 
ospainter
Monkey Junky

Grandson in Ireland

« Reply #1091 on: March 16, 2009, 05:49:33 PM »

I for one would love to know who picked up Haleigh at the bus stop, it's not like that is a hard question. 

Here is the video of the NG show with TN.  I believe that the transcript is incorrect.  Listen to Ron's mother: "my son picked her up at the bus stop".  JMO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xODCZlzoZwI

Thank you, thank you

I knew I heard TN say that. I couldn't find it.

One more thing I would like to find is the transcipt or tape of LE saying that a neighbor saw Haleigh that evening.

It was on HLN's, either on the 5-7 show or JVM show. Lat week or possibly the week before.

I have not been able to find it.

I am a few pages behind will catch up in a bit.

Thanks again,

OS

Hi Everyone

It's their lie they can tell it anyway they want.
Who, What, Where, When, How and Why
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1092 on: March 16, 2009, 05:56:30 PM »

Okies... what is happening in this thread has become emotionally draining for me, and not in a positive way.  Am joining sev on the lurking branch for now, until there is actual factual news to discuss.  Anyone wishing to reach me may do so thru my website.  Just click on the globe icon to the left, under my name, and once there, scroll down to the email addy at the bottom of the page. 

I wish everyone well.  And may God bless Haleigh and those who love her. 

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
flossy
Monkey Junky

Got milk?

« Reply #1093 on: March 16, 2009, 05:57:43 PM »

Come back, Searching!  The coast is clear!!

If it's not one thing, it's an udder.
JuJu
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1094 on: March 16, 2009, 05:59:08 PM »

I am wondering why Misty's Tennessee cousin, Joseph Miller, is not being investigated.  Wasn't it said that he had abused Misty at one point in her younger life?  Does he not fit the bill?  Misty could be scared of him, a tie stemming back from her younger years of abuse....that is if that is in fact truth.  Still think he should be investigated.

Jeremy Miller is in prison for molesting her yrs ago when they were both teens IIRC, Joe Everstreet (her cousin) was questioned by LE, cleared and now after Misty's dad paid a visit to LE is back to no one is cleared.............aye, aye aye

b]hey IM
i must have missed this too, (what a surprise), can you fill me in?  tia[/b]

Regrets, I've had a few......
Dolce
Monkey All Star

Del senno di poi ne son piene le fosse...

« Reply #1095 on: March 16, 2009, 06:00:47 PM »

Thanks for posting this NRCG.  I find this to be very possitive and helpfull, definantly in the right direction with this idea on Crystals part.  They may all be looney, but atleast one is taking a stand to find Haleigh.  (I only wish that it was a joint effort from all sides...sigh)

Leroy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1096 on: March 16, 2009, 06:02:40 PM »

Rana has been banned.  They may be an intellegent poster but I've received too many complaints about them to respond to. 

Well Quelle Surprise    

Intelligent but extremely inconsiderate....jus sayin

Now back to muddeling through the madness to try and bring this sweet baby home.

(Searching, get back here!)

Faith . . . it matters . . . it really does. ~ Sister
Dolce
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1097 on: March 16, 2009, 06:03:16 PM »

Jeremy Miller is in prison for molesting her yrs ago when they were both teens IIRC, Joe Everstreet (her cousin) was questioned by LE, cleared and now after Misty's dad paid a visit to LE is back to no one is cleared.............aye, aye aye

hey IM
i must have missed this too, (what a surprise), can you fill me in?  tia
JuJu I saw this question from you earlier, I do not know the answer personally, but I am interested in knowing as well.  I went back to thread 1 for Haleigh to read through and compare to what we know now, have not found this yet though.  I do not understand what is being said though : "Misty's dad paid a visit to LE is back to no one is cleared" ?

Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1098 on: March 16, 2009, 06:09:15 PM »

Dolce
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1099 on: March 16, 2009, 06:09:17 PM »

I know and it never gets better! Plus, I remember when I was pregnant~my brain went nutty, I'd have sworn the little suckers were sucked all my IQ out of me
According to my husband all my senses are shot due to being preggers...so no brains, no sense of "fashion taste", food choice all wacked..... come on June!!  LOL
Can you explain what you mean by Misty's father going to meet with LE again?

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.