April 19, 2024, 04:49:34 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Haleigh Marie Cummings #7 3/14/09 - 3/18/09  (Read 312201 times)
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1660 on: March 17, 2009, 10:35:32 PM »

this might sound a little weird but here i go i had a daughter killed 4 years ago in a car accident at the age of 14 and she loved kids babysit alot and i wish she could just send me a message that haleigh is find ok i know i am werid but i do wish that

I am so sorry for your loss, starcat.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1661 on: March 17, 2009, 10:36:00 PM »

Good night starcat   

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
darla
Monkey Junky

In Honor of my son Lt. Brandon W. Rollins LCSO.

« Reply #1662 on: March 17, 2009, 10:42:24 PM »

Good Evening Monkeys and guest...
 Hi Muffy Bee

HH you have nanners!!

Starcat, so very sorry for your loss.

You will never know that Faith in prayer is all you need,
until it is all you have left!
God Bless!
Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1663 on: March 17, 2009, 10:43:11 PM »

yes i will let you know but i pray all the time for answers from her and i know they are out there but sometimes i don't see them.Yes it is very hard that is why i am so confused about this case i know it has been 4 years but,i can't seem to go on.I do for my other 3 kids but at times when we have family things it is hard cause i feel guilty cause Anna isn't with us

Do not ever feel guilty.  You little girl would never want you to be sad.  You are correct to put your other children out there--they need you and your daughter would never want them to suffer. Hang in there.  Memories are powerful. Keep them close at all times and smile.

If you ask the wrong question, of course, you get the wrong answer. We find in design it’s much more important and difficult to ask the right question. Once you do that, the right answer becomes obvious.<br />Quote: Amory Lovins
higherhopes
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1664 on: March 17, 2009, 10:44:16 PM »

Good Evening Monkeys and guest...
 Hi Muffy Bee

HH you have nanners!!

Starcat, so very sorry for your loss.
OK  Ill go look...

I don't know, I was at work....I don't know, I was sleeping........Where is Haleigh???????
higherhopes
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1665 on: March 17, 2009, 10:49:33 PM »

Ronald needs to really lean on Mistie if he doesnt already know the truth, hell he is married to her now, he should put the pressure on her and make her tell him what happened from the time he left for work until he came home, every little detail, and he might get to the bottom of all this, I know if it was my daughter she would talk...on way or the other.....unless he already knows..........

I don't know, I was at work....I don't know, I was sleeping........Where is Haleigh???????
Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1666 on: March 17, 2009, 10:50:12 PM »

Attorney Urges DCF To Investigate Abuse Allegations In Cummings' Home
Custody Fight For Missing Girl's Brother

POSTED: Tuesday, March 17, 2009
UPDATED: 8:03 pm EDT March 17, 2009

SATSUMA, Fla. -- As investigators began their sixth week of trying to solve the disappearance of Haleigh Cummings, the focus of the case shifted in light of some serious allegations.

The missing girl's 4-year-old brother, Junior, is the subject of an escalated custody fight that includes some claims about the children's father, Ronald Cummings. Their mother, Crystal Sheffield, is alleging abuse.

On Tuesday afternoon, Sheffield's attorney, Kim Picazio, said she met with the Department of Children and Families and urged them to investigate allegations of abuse at the Cummings' home.

She said officials would investigate some claims of possible physical abuse of Junior.

"I don’t believe that anyone knew exactly what was going on in that household until the spotlight was shown upon it. Why now? Well, we're still not going to let Junior just sit there in an unsafe environment just because Haleigh is missing," Picazio said. "Is she supposed to allow her other child, who has not been taken under the nose of a 17-year-old child, to be abducted or to be abused in that household? Is she supposed to sit by and watch when she know what's going in that household? She would be remiss. They would be calling her reckless. They would have the right to take action against her. So no, we are not going to wait. We're not going to allow Junior to sit in an unsafe household."

The attorney said her meeting with DCF was about serious claims of physical abuse and neglect involving Haleigh and Junior.

"When a parent beats a child until the child is bloodied, that is a crime in this county and where I'm from and in New York City. Just because this is a small town, and just because this is Putnam County, there are still laws here that need to be adhered to. It's legally and morally wrong, and he needs to be brought to justice," Picazio said.

Haleigh's great-grandmother, Annette Sykes, told Channel 4 any claims of abuse are lies.

"It's ridiculous. Ronald spanked his children just like children's services says you can spank them -- on the rear end. I'm from old school, I believe in correcting a child if they don’t mind. That's the way Ronald is, and that's the way he was raised," Sykes said. "It enrages me. It really does. I've been around the children all of their lives, and they're happy and loved. Anybody that sees them -- you can't fool everybody."

She said on her grandson's behalf that the DCF investigation is welcomed because she said he has nothing to hide.

DCF said it was reviewing the allegations.

The sheriff's office said it was aware of the allegations of abuse, but it did not yet have the paperwork needed to begin an investigation.

Attorney Urges DCF To Investigate Abuse Allegations In Cummings' Home
Custody Fight For Missing Girl's Brother

POSTED: Tuesday, March 17, 2009
UPDATED: 8:03 pm EDT March 17, 2009
Haleigh Cummings
An Amber Alert was issued February 10 for 5-year-old Haleigh Cummings
 MORE ONLINE:
Tour Of Satsuma Home Where Haleigh Disappeared
Reporter's Notebook: Jennifer Bauer On 3½ Weeks In Satsuma
Haleigh's Dad Gets Tattoo Tribute
SATSUMA, Fla. -- As investigators began their sixth week of trying to solve the disappearance of Haleigh Cummings, the focus of the case shifted in light of some serious allegations.

The missing girl's 4-year-old brother, Junior, is the subject of an escalated custody fight that includes some claims about the children's father, Ronald Cummings. Their mother, Crystal Sheffield, is alleging abuse.

On Tuesday afternoon, Sheffield's attorney, Kim Picazio, said she met with the Department of Children and Families and urged them to investigate allegations of abuse at the Cummings' home.

She said officials would investigate some claims of possible physical abuse of Junior.

"I don’t believe that anyone knew exactly what was going on in that household until the spotlight was shown upon it. Why now? Well, we're still not going to let Junior just sit there in an unsafe environment just because Haleigh is missing," Picazio said. "Is she supposed to allow her other child, who has not been taken under the nose of a 17-year-old child, to be abducted or to be abused in that household? Is she supposed to sit by and watch when she know what's going in that household? She would be remiss. They would be calling her reckless. They would have the right to take action against her. So no, we are not going to wait. We're not going to allow Junior to sit in an unsafe household."

The attorney said her meeting with DCF was about serious claims of physical abuse and neglect involving Haleigh and Junior.

"When a parent beats a child until the child is bloodied, that is a crime in this county and where I'm from and in New York City. Just because this is a small town, and just because this is Putnam County, there are still laws here that need to be adhered to. It's legally and morally wrong, and he needs to be brought to justice," Picazio said.

Haleigh's great-grandmother, Annette Sykes, told Channel 4 any claims of abuse are lies.

"It's ridiculous. Ronald spanked his children just like children's services says you can spank them -- on the rear end. I'm from old school, I believe in correcting a child if they don’t mind. That's the way Ronald is, and that's the way he was raised," Sykes said. "It enrages me. It really does. I've been around the children all of their lives, and they're happy and loved. Anybody that sees them -- you can't fool everybody."

She said on her grandson's behalf that the DCF investigation is welcomed because she said he has nothing to hide.

DCF said it was reviewing the allegations.

The sheriff's office said it was aware of the allegations of abuse, but it did not yet have the paperwork needed to begin an investigation.

http://www.news4jax.com/news/18952306/detail.html#-

Heart
higherhopes
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1667 on: March 17, 2009, 10:54:03 PM »

It's ridiculous. Ronald spanked his children just like children's services says you can spank them -- on the rear end. I'm from old school, I believe in correcting a child if they don’t mind. That's the way Ronald is, and that's the way he was raised," Sykes said. "It enrages me. It really does. I've been around the children all of their lives, and they're happy and loved. Anybody that sees them -- you can't fool everybody."

I don't know if Ronald got enough spankings on his behind judging by all the trouble he has been into....

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1668 on: March 17, 2009, 11:00:47 PM »

does anyone really think that this is the time to be doing this bad mouthing and custody thing? how is this helping in finding Haleigh? no one knows for sure that any of this happened....couldn't they have kept this quiet and done the investigation without doing this through the media??? come on....this is dirty pool in my opinion....they could have accomplished just as much by not publicizing this...no one that I have heard on any of the talk shows thinks that this is the time to be doing this....
and Crystal forgets that she was barely 18 when she had Haleigh...she was not much older than Misty, which we have all talked about...
I am just really disappointed in Crystal for doing this...If the children were so mistreated all this time then shame on her for not doing something sooner....and if this is hearsay gossip, then I hope that Crystal and her lawyer get into some trouble for saying the things that they are saying..
frankly, I am disgusted by this action....

islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

HaLeigh~you are loved and in God's loving arms

« Reply #1669 on: March 17, 2009, 11:02:43 PM »

hobbit55 wrote:
    <quoted text>
    Don't know, but is curious LE took part of the wall away near the heater.

In most cases when L/E take a section of wall, they are looking to see if meth was cooked in the house....It could be different in this case!!!

http://www.topix.com/city/satsuma-fl/2009/02/missing-5-year-old-florida-girl-likely-was-abducted-police-say/p668
Great 

Now that I hear that, I think Dolce mentioned that too, even clothing picks up the residue

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

HaLeigh~you are loved and in God's loving arms

« Reply #1670 on: March 17, 2009, 11:03:58 PM »

I have to say something about little jr.  He is 3 and I don't believe he was impressed or even knew he was on national tv or the consequences of such.  Everything is still magic at that age.  I have always believed Misty was not on her job that night.  I thought she may have left to get drugs; let someone come over and they did drugs together and who knows what else. She may have even passed out.  She is not telling the whole truth.  It is so obvious to me.  Now, I don;t understand Ronald.  What is he thinking?  Could he be that in love (blind)??  I wonder if he has questioned her in depth?  Didn't someone or maybe it was Crystal say he had caught her doing drugs before?  I wonder if she was drug tested?  I believe she holds the KEY to this missing piece of the puzzle.

I agree Mariloo. 
ME TOO!!!
ME 3..

Me (whatever number y'all are up too now) 

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1671 on: March 17, 2009, 11:07:45 PM »

I for one do not believe Chrystal's lawyer is out there throwing out wild accusations.  She would be CRAZY to be doing that at this time.  My feelings are IF there is a question of abuse THEN it needs to be investigated NOW not later.  Neither mother or father are free from skeleton's in their closets.  Unfortunately it will now all come out in the open for all to see.  It has to for Haleigh's sake.  Misty is withholding critical information and there is no other route to take.  Someone has to intervene for the remaining child.  Misty IS NOT those children's mother, Chrystal is.  Personally it would probably be better at this point to put that little boy within a loving home until this can all be worked out.  Sounds awful I know but NO ONE in both families have been cleared of anything to do with this case so everyone of them on both sides are suspects.  That little boy has been questioned already by professionals and we have no idea what he has told them.  Most children that age do not lie and do not totally tell things as we do.  As a mother (even if we don't care for her) it is her responsibility to have it investigated for her remaining child.  I do believe that Misty is the answer to all this.

If you ask the wrong question, of course, you get the wrong answer. We find in design it’s much more important and difficult to ask the right question. Once you do that, the right answer becomes obvious.<br />Quote: Amory Lovins
higherhopes
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1672 on: March 17, 2009, 11:10:04 PM »

does anyone really think that this is the time to be doing this bad mouthing and custody thing? how is this helping in finding Haleigh? no one knows for sure that any of this happened....couldn't they have kept this quiet and done the investigation without doing this through the media??? come on....this is dirty pool in my opinion....they could have accomplished just as much by not publicizing this...no one that I have heard on any of the talk shows thinks that this is the time to be doing this....
and Crystal forgets that she was barely 18 when she had Haleigh...she was not much older than Misty, which we have all talked about...
I am just really disappointed in Crystal for doing this...If the children were so mistreated all this time then shame on her for not doing something sooner....and if this is hearsay gossip, then I hope that Crystal and her lawyer get into some trouble for saying the things that they are saying..
I say.....way to go Chrstal.......I too would do whatever it takes to get the ball rolling in my favor, I think she doesnt want to take the chance that something could happen to Jr. and wants this started as soon as possible,
   Like I said before, she didnt have a leg to stand on before all this came out, this is Rons stomping grounds and Im sure if she ever tried anything His entire family would have stood up and lied for him, now is the first time that the part about these children being with the 17 year old all night can be shown as facts...
   And it doesnt matter how old she was when she had Haleigh, she didnt come up missing while she had her.....

If the allegation are not true, then Ronald has nothing to worry about, but I doubt she or her attourney will get into trouble, her daughter is gone, and when you hear stories of abuse the only way to find out if they are true is to investigate, I cant say that I would do any different!!!

Idgie
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1673 on: March 17, 2009, 11:11:03 PM »

I think they are working to get sympathy for the new web site
http://haleighbug.com/
It says she needs money for food and clothes for Jr. and Chloe.
What do you think about the site? What is it actually telling us.
Searching
Monkey Junky

Got my Anti Anthony Koolaid helmet on ,I'm ready!

« Reply #1674 on: March 17, 2009, 11:11:08 PM »

Hi monkeys, I have not been here for a bit and was catching up and seen the sister was over at RC's that night too? I missed that. where was that said?? That is new.

HH, you said you were in Satsuma, did you go for the TES search? I wish I could have.. If you did.. thats great..

jules3699
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1675 on: March 17, 2009, 11:12:28 PM »

Ronald needs to really lean on Mistie if he doesnt already know the truth, hell he is married to her now, he should put the pressure on her and make her tell him what happened from the time he left for work until he came home, every little detail, and he might get to the bottom of all this, I know if it was my daughter she would talk...on way or the other.....unless he already knows..........

I am sure GM Neves will lean on her!!

higherhopes
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1676 on: March 17, 2009, 11:13:07 PM »

Hi monkeys, I have not been here for a bit and was catching up and seen the sister was over at RC's that night too? I missed that. where was that said?? That is new.

HH, you said you were in Satsuma, did you go for the TES search? I wish I could have.. If you did.. thats great..
No not with the TES  search!

higherhopes
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1677 on: March 17, 2009, 11:15:19 PM »

I think they are working to get sympathy for the new web site
http://haleighbug.com/
It says she needs money for food and clothes for Jr. and Chloe.
What do you think about the site? What is it actually telling us.
awww   come on, I dont think this has anything to do with getting sympathy, she has mine and thousand of other peoples synpathy already, I will buy their clothes if thats all they need......goodness.

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1678 on: March 17, 2009, 11:16:28 PM »

I for one do not believe Chrystal's lawyer is out there throwing out wild accusations.  She would be CRAZY to be doing that at this time.  My feelings are IF there is a question of abuse THEN it needs to be investigated NOW not later.  Neither mother or father are free from skeleton's in their closets.  Unfortunately it will now all come out in the open for all to see.  It has to for Haleigh's sake.  Misty is withholding critical information and there is no other route to take.  Someone has to intervene for the remaining child.  Misty IS NOT those children's mother, Chrystal is.  Personally it would probably be better at this point to put that little boy within a loving home until this can all be worked out.  Sounds awful I know but NO ONE in both families have been cleared of anything to do with this case so everyone of them on both sides are suspects.  That little boy has been questioned already by professionals and we have no idea what he has told them.  Most children that age do not lie and do not totally tell things as we do.  As a mother (even if we don't care for her) it is her responsibility to have it investigated for her remaining child.  I do believe that Misty is the answer to all this.

I see what you are saying and I agree with a lot of this...I am just not so sure that the allegations of abuse have or have not happened and I would hate for anyone to be innocent, suffering the loss of his child being kidnapped and be accused of such a thing as beating his other child...How many times have we all heard about some sortof abuse whether sexual or physical abuse of a child that never happened during a divorce/custody situation?
Perhaps all that Crystal's attorney is saying is true, Ron is not going to be stupid enough to harm JR when the whole world is watching....and he is around other family members from what we have been told, and he has been with Crystal as well...If ron has abused these kids, then fine, he needs to not have them...but we don't know this yet! It will be interesting to see what all comes out with all of this...This just could end up biting Crystal in the butt if she isn't careful and then on the other side, perhaps she will be deemed the better parent to care for the kids...I totally understand her concern for her son at this time...I really do and I don't fault her for wanting him to be safe....she is their mom and I am sure that she loves them both...no doubt about that...I just question the timing and the public way in which they are doing this custody thing....

minnie
Scared Monkey

Jubilee

« Reply #1679 on: March 17, 2009, 11:17:49 PM »

'Picazio said she spent 90 minutes with DCF's attorney, the agency's supervisors in Putnam County, and with DCF caseworkers Tuesday.

Picazio said she does not intend to help Haleigh's mother, Crystal Sheffield, file for custody of the children at this time.'

I wonder why she is not going to help Crystal file for custody.  Maybe DCF gave her some new information. 

MM
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.