April 19, 2024, 04:27:48 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Haleigh Marie Cummings #7 3/14/09 - 3/18/09  (Read 312341 times)
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #1840 on: March 18, 2009, 11:10:30 AM »

Also a note:

Please don't anyone think that I was accusing anyone of saying that country folk were dumb. Just when I get on the internet and browse around, I see alot of "trailer trash" "white trash" "hillbilly" "inbred" "redneck" comments about country people.

Its the same as throwing terms out there about a black man or woman that live in a unpopular area of a city.

I again have not seen those terms thrown around here at all, and its really nice to see that. Guess in my own weird way it would be nice to share memories of what rural living is about, as I would like someone to share what urban living was about.

*goes back to lurking*
I appreciate you writing this, growing up in the Midwest, when I moved to So Cal when I was 18, people assumed I was a farmer and a hick. I've never been on a farm, lived by many, but I would not know the first thing about that. I think certain areas of the country people just assume everyone is the same, I guess.
alagary
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1841 on: March 18, 2009, 11:11:32 AM »

Dolce ,I agree with you about the panz part . On NG monday we got to see how small he really is .
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1842 on: March 18, 2009, 11:12:36 AM »

No, I wish~that was HH, I have talked with Marie several times, and she gave me another contact who is there now to give some info I discovered........I thought it may have been bunk, but it was easy to check out because it was "allegedly" from a local HS teacher who had overheard Misty's friends and relatives talking about how much she disliked Haleigh (I'd go with jealousy) and how she had burned her hands in water for punishment.......this contact has the power to find out if this is true or not, and told me that he had heard very similar stories since his arrival.

OMG, I hope that is not true!!
These witnesses coming forward now is not so hard to believe. Crystal did not live around there, and so may just now be finding out things like that. I am pretty sure she didn't even have contact with Ron or his family, other than when she picked them up every other weekend. I can certainly believe that she trusted him and didn't believe he would hurt them. Truth is.. it might not be Ron who is so abusive, rather it could be Misty. However, I can't see her getting away with putting Haleigh's hands in boiling water, Ron would have stuck HER HEAD in boiling water... he seems to have a temper. Many parents who are too rough on their own kids would go and beat the daylights out of someone else who hurts them.
Some of this stuff is a little too 'convenient.' And people will sometimes lie for whatever reason. Or get the wrong impression for something that is easily explained. You never know! I would say that unless the witness actually SAW this abuse while it was happening, then it's going to be hard to prove it.

Well, unfortunately unless they can show Haleigh had a burn injury to hands, this is hearsay.    And Tx you have a valid point, judging by only what we've seen it would seem that Ron's temper would have gone thru the roof...I wont discount it but Im gonna reserve condemnation until we see the proof

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #1843 on: March 18, 2009, 11:13:37 AM »

Dolce ,I agree with you about the panz part . On NG monday we got to see how small he really is .
Yes, but I think he is intimadating with his look, he would scare me. And with talk of guns, I know I would be very leery of him. Maybe I'm just a chicken monkey. 
Scuterputer
Scared Monkey

Hanging Around

« Reply #1844 on: March 18, 2009, 11:15:53 AM »

Also a note:

Please don't anyone think that I was accusing anyone of saying that country folk were dumb. Just when I get on the internet and browse around, I see alot of "trailer trash" "white trash" "hillbilly" "inbred" "redneck" comments about country people.

Its the same as throwing terms out there about a black man or woman that live in a unpopular area of a city.

I again have not seen those terms thrown around here at all, and its really nice to see that. Guess in my own weird way it would be nice to share memories of what rural living is about, as I would like someone to share what urban living was about.

*goes back to lurking*
I appreciate you writing this, growing up in the Midwest, when I moved to So Cal when I was 18, people assumed I was a farmer and a hick. I've never been on a farm, lived by many, but I would not know the first thing about that. I think certain areas of the country people just assume everyone is the same, I guess.

Completely sympathize. I get the same treatment. I live near 40 chicken farms, even though I have never worked in one my entire life lol. Its just that general misconception. Alot of people that I live around think all northerners are rude.  They are not, they are just to the point, as to where a southerner takes thier times to explain all aspects.

Sad thing, it all starts with what we implant in our childrens heads.

Unless a link is provided, all my statements are theories, in my opinion, speculation, etc. None to be taken as fact unless link is provided.
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1845 on: March 18, 2009, 11:16:23 AM »

Same info snipped from the JVM transcripts, from her interview with Crystal last night:

SHEFFIELD: Well, at first he did say it was a man dressed in black. And then I asked him the following -- the two weeks later when I got him again I asked him about it. But I didn`t want to question him about it, because I know it`s hard on him enough. And I asked him about it and I was, like, "What about the black-- the person dressed in black." And he said it was a black man dressed in black, and he had squeaky shoes. And the I`m not lying. I have no reason to lie.

Here ya go... the bolded part is a leading question.... Going by what Crystal herself says she asked Jr, (cuz I dunno, I wasn't there), Crystal is the one who first hints at the perp being a black -- (man/person? she doesn't say black man, but it's inferred.  Even to a child, it's inferred). 

She said in the sentence prior that Jr has said it was a man dressed in black.  Then Crystal herself asks, 'what about the black -- .....'?   It was after Crystal did that, when Jr adds that into his story, saying then it was a black man dressed in black.   

This is exactly why LE does not want family/friends to question a child for further info.  (even tho it's hard not to do that).  There are child experts who know exactly how to question a child, without leading (basically giving info to use).  Many children tend to want to please the adults in their lives, answering them with what they think the adult wants to hear. 

And what Crystal said in this interview is a dang good example. 

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
Jerseygirl345
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1846 on: March 18, 2009, 11:16:47 AM »

Good Morning Monkey.....
alagary
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1847 on: March 18, 2009, 11:17:14 AM »

Yes, but I think he is intimadating with his look, he would scare me. And with talk of guns, I know I would be very leery of him. Maybe I'm just a chicken monkey. 

Only with a parka on . In a T-shirt ain't nothing but mouth .
Scuterputer
Scared Monkey

Hanging Around

« Reply #1848 on: March 18, 2009, 11:18:06 AM »

lol you ain't the only one. I thought that when I first saw his interview with Misty. He looked very intimidating, and Misty looked so small sitting next to him.  But when he was around others, he wasn't that big.

Unless a link is provided, all my statements are theories, in my opinion, speculation, etc. None to be taken as fact unless link is provided.
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1849 on: March 18, 2009, 11:21:55 AM »

Same info snipped from the JVM transcripts, from her interview with Crystal last night:

SHEFFIELD: Well, at first he did say it was a man dressed in black. And then I asked him the following -- the two weeks later when I got him again I asked him about it. But I didn`t want to question him about it, because I know it`s hard on him enough. And I asked him about it and I was, like, "What about the black-- the person dressed in black." And he said it was a black man dressed in black, and he had squeaky shoes. And the I`m not lying. I have no reason to lie.

Here ya go... the bolded part is a leading question.... Going by what Crystal herself says she asked Jr, (cuz I dunno, I wasn't there), Crystal is the one who first hints at the perp being a black -- (man/person? she doesn't say black man, but it's inferred.  Even to a child, it's inferred). 

She said in the sentence prior that Jr has said it was a man dressed in black.  Then Crystal herself asks, 'what about the black -- .....'?   It was after Crystal did that, when Jr adds that into his story, saying then it was a black man dressed in black.   

This is exactly why LE does not want family/friends to question a child for further info.  (even tho it's hard not to do that).  There are child experts who know exactly how to question a child, without leading (basically giving info to use).  Many children tend to want to please the adults in their lives, answering them with what they think the adult wants to hear.  And what Crystal said in this interview is a dang good example. 

Tks Wyks and I heard it the same as you did.   Second point, I said the same yesterday from being in a professional setting that dealt with these issues,  I nearly got my head bit off

Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1850 on: March 18, 2009, 11:24:21 AM »

lol you ain't the only one. I thought that when I first saw his interview with Misty. He looked very intimidating, and Misty looked so small sitting next to him.  But when he was around others, he wasn't that big.

Snit, lil ole me could take him down with one shift kick but we'd all lose to a gun, tru dat!

islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

HaLeigh~you are loved and in God's loving arms

« Reply #1851 on: March 18, 2009, 11:28:58 AM »

Good Morning Monkey.....

Morning Jersey girl

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1852 on: March 18, 2009, 11:30:49 AM »

This is a question and not facts . Wasn't there mention of a couch on the front porch ? When the children were outside eating and said hello to grandma ?
Interesting, now I am wondering why a couch would be on a front porch.

Some folks enjoy sitting outside and relaxing in fresh air, etc.  Especially with them having a screened-in porch.  Many people have couches on their porch, even without being screened-in.  We had one on our porch at our house, before we all moved to apts.  Course it was wicker, but still a couch type thingy.  And we had that out there cuz we smoked outside.  It was just more comfy, that's all.  In some states, neighbors are trying to get a couch on a porch banned.  Some folks think it's tacky.  IMO, it depends on what that couch looks like, and the condition it's in.   

Jerseygirl345
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1853 on: March 18, 2009, 11:33:02 AM »

I would like someone to clear up Ron's hours and time he work the day in question?

Investigators are focusing on the eight hours from when Haleigh was last seen - about 7 p.m. on Feb. 9 - and when she was reported missing the next day at 3:27 a.m., Maj. Gary Bowling said Thursday.

"Misty is the key to the investigation and we are trying to work through inconsistencies in her account of the critical time period," Bowling said.

Croslin ended her interview with detectives Wednesday and walked out during questioning, Bowling said.

Investigators also met with the 25-year-old Cummings, he said.

"We are satisfied with the interviews that we have had so far with Ronald, and his account of the eight hours in question," Bowling added.

http://www.palatkadailynews.com/articles/2009/03/13/news/news01.txt

Also not much news on a neighbor heard someone screaming 2:27 in the morning.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUKkhLHyO_s
mioyshi
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1854 on: March 18, 2009, 11:34:29 AM »

This is a question and not facts . Wasn't there mention of a couch on the front porch ? When the children were outside eating and said hello to grandma ?

Some folks enjoy sitting outside and relaxing in fresh air, etc.  Especially with them having a screened-in porch.  Many people have couches on their porch, even without being screened-in.  We had one on our porch at our house, before we all moved to apts.  Course it was wicker, but still a couch type thingy.  And we had that out there cuz we smoked outside.  It was just more comfy, that's all.  In some states, neighbors are trying to get a couch on a porch banned.  Some folks think it's tacky.  IMO, it depends on what that couch looks like, and the condition it's in.   

I wish I could get my meth cooking neighbors banned, AND their little couch too !!
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1855 on: March 18, 2009, 11:37:55 AM »

morning Dolce..    there are a lot of folks who live in the woods, who keep what most would consider house furnature, on their front porch.
I have rocking chairs, but, I see a lot of sofas, mostly in the lower paid folks homes.
Don't we have a pic somewhere of the front of the house?
Thank you for the explanation Mio.  That is, um, different!  My HOA would have a coniption fit if we moved our furniture to the front lanai.  LOL

Am thinking that anyone who thinks of their porch as 'lanai', would want a couch out there.     It's all in one's perspective, that's all.  Gosh, have you seen what some self-described rednecks use as a swimming pool?     A lined back end of the truck!!  What would your HOA say to that being out front?   LOL  Even my sons would be going ermmmm wtf? 

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1856 on: March 18, 2009, 11:43:08 AM »

Hi all, and thanks!  I can't sit on my hands and lurk for very long...   

mioyshi
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1857 on: March 18, 2009, 11:43:24 AM »

morning Dolce..    there are a lot of folks who live in the woods, who keep what most would consider house furnature, on their front porch.
I have rocking chairs, but, I see a lot of sofas, mostly in the lower paid folks homes.
Thank you for the explanation Mio.  That is, um, different!  My HOA would have a coniption fit if we moved our furniture to the front lanai.  LOL

Am thinking that anyone who thinks of their porch as 'lanai', would want a couch out there.     It's all in one's perspective, that's all.  Gosh, have you seen what some self-described rednecks use as a swimming pool?     A lined back end of the truck!!  What would your HOA say to that being out front?   LOL  Even my sons would be going ermmmm wtf? 

Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1858 on: March 18, 2009, 11:46:02 AM »

OK I can add to this a tad, this Jersey girl moved down south a few years ago...to my surprise I started seeing playground sets & kiddie pools in a few front yards in some neighborhoods when people indeed had a backyard.  A) its not safe for children, traffic & more sinister concerns B) it looks horrific.   It kinda threw me for a loop I must say.

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1859 on: March 18, 2009, 11:46:15 AM »

No, I wish~that was HH, I have talked with Marie several times, and she gave me another contact who is there now to give some info I discovered........I thought it may have been bunk, but it was easy to check out because it was "allegedly" from a local HS teacher who had overheard Misty's friends and relatives talking about how much she disliked Haleigh (I'd go with jealousy) and how she had burned her hands in water for punishment.......this contact has the power to find out if this is true or not, and told me that he had heard very similar stories since his arrival.

OMG, I hope that is not true!!
These witnesses coming forward now is not so hard to believe. Crystal did not live around there, and so may just now be finding out things like that. I am pretty sure she didn't even have contact with Ron or his family, other than when she picked them up every other weekend. I can certainly believe that she trusted him and didn't believe he would hurt them. Truth is.. it might not be Ron who is so abusive, rather it could be Misty. However, I can't see her getting away with putting Haleigh's hands in boiling water, Ron would have stuck HER HEAD in boiling water... he seems to have a temper. Many parents who are too rough on their own kids would go and beat the daylights out of someone else who hurts them.
Some of this stuff is a little too 'convenient.' And people will sometimes lie for whatever reason. Or get the wrong impression for something that is easily explained. You never know! I would say that unless the witness actually SAW this abuse while it was happening, then it's going to be hard to prove it.

The HS teacher is not the first hand account witness they have, that is someone else.  The HS teacher posted this on the Clint VAN zANDT blog, and I thought it would be easy enough to for this contact to get the IP addy and trace where the email was originated and to whom it was registered, then go question this teacher as to whether or not she heard this.........could be nothing, but I thought better safe than sorry and the contact I gave the info too asked me to pls email the link to the blog and the specific post after he had heard abuse allegations.

They DO however have a witness who saw abuse first hand, although they are scared chitless of Ron, they will testify.

It's good to know that the witness will testify, even tho scared.  The more who will come forward, the easier it will be for everyone who is so scared of Ron.  There is safety in numbers, that sort of thing.  IMO.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.